Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why?..

Why?.. 1 year 4 months ago #108877

  • Alyssa4Jesus
  • Alyssa4Jesus's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 1773
  • Thank you received: 201
Now, whenever I come on the guide it tells me it ain't safe. Why?

Mods? Admins?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why?.. 1 year 4 months ago #108948

  • kpeckham
  • kpeckham's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 257
  • Thank you received: 105
The Guide site does not use SSL encryption which is common on sites where people need higher security. Guide currently doesn't need this level of security because we do not do any financial transactions on this site.

There are situations, such as using a unsecured public wifi, where your password could be intercepted. For that reason, we suggest not using the same password on Guide that you have used on other sites.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why?.. 1 year 4 months ago #108949

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7737
  • Thank you received: 707
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Now, whenever I come on the guide it tells me it ain't safe. Why?

Mods? Admins?
It happens with a lotta websites. Jus' shrug it off.
Tell me something tho, what device do you use?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why?.. 1 year 4 months ago #108950

  • BookwormJo
  • BookwormJo's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Posts: 2182
  • Thank you received: 275
kpeckham wrote:
The Guide site does not use SSL encryption which is common on sites where people need higher security. Guide currently doesn't need this level of security because we do not do any financial transactions on this site.

There are situations, such as using a unsecured public wifi, where your password could be intercepted. For that reason, we suggest not using the same password on Guide that you have used on other sites.
Hi Kpeckham!
Jodiaz wants to talk to you!
“Pray and pray and pray, and if that doesn’t work, listen to what God is telling you to do!” -- random 5 year old.

#greatmindsthinkalike
Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why?.. 1 year 4 months ago #108954

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7737
  • Thank you received: 707
kpeckham wrote:
The Guide site does not use SSL encryption which is common on sites where people need higher security. Guide currently doesn't need this level of security because we do not do any financial transactions on this site.

There are situations, such as using a unsecured public wifi, where your password could be intercepted. For that reason, we suggest not using the same password on Guide that you have used on other sites.
Also, it could be that the internet browser's security is outdated. Meaning that the security on your internet is weaker than the website's security. It doesn't happen to me, so I believe you're using a slighty outdated device.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why?.. 1 year 4 months ago #108980

  • Alyssa4Jesus
  • Alyssa4Jesus's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 1773
  • Thank you received: 201
kpeckham wrote:
The Guide site does not use SSL encryption which is common on sites where people need higher security. Guide currently doesn't need this level of security because we do not do any financial transactions on this site.

There are situations, such as using a unsecured public wifi, where your password could be intercepted. For that reason, we suggest not using the same password on Guide that you have used on other sites.


Ok, thank you :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why?.. 1 year 4 months ago #108981

  • Alyssa4Jesus
  • Alyssa4Jesus's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 1773
  • Thank you received: 201
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Now, whenever I come on the guide it tells me it ain't safe. Why?

Mods? Admins?
It happens with a lotta websites. Jus' shrug it off.
Tell me something tho, what device do you use?

My phone, when I'm on my tablet it says connection secure
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why?.. 1 year 4 months ago #109001

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7737
  • Thank you received: 707
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Now, whenever I come on the guide it tells me it ain't safe. Why?

Mods? Admins?
It happens with a lotta websites. Jus' shrug it off.
Tell me something tho, what device do you use?

My phone, when I'm on my tablet it says connection secure
What type and model?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why?.. 1 year 4 months ago #109057

  • Lightness
  • Lightness's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Atheist. Independent French music(some) are cool.
  • Posts: 2518
  • Thank you received: 60
BookwormJo wrote:
kpeckham wrote:
The Guide site does not use SSL encryption which is common on sites where people need higher security. Guide currently doesn't need this level of security because we do not do any financial transactions on this site.

There are situations, such as using a unsecured public wifi, where your password could be intercepted. For that reason, we suggest not using the same password on Guide that you have used on other sites.
Hi Kpeckham!
Jodiaz wants to talk to you!
:unsure: umm... heh. how do you get the admins to get back on?


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: Lightness#8110

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why?.. 1 year 4 months ago #109082

  • Alyssa4Jesus
  • Alyssa4Jesus's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 1773
  • Thank you received: 201
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Now, whenever I come on the guide it tells me it ain't safe. Why?

Mods? Admins?
It happens with a lotta websites. Jus' shrug it off.
Tell me something tho, what device do you use?

My phone, when I'm on my tablet it says connection secure
What type and model?

Samsung, that's all I will say
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why?.. 1 year 4 months ago #109155

  • Khriz Kool Katz
  • Khriz Kool Katz's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Posts: 7737
  • Thank you received: 707
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Now, whenever I come on the guide it tells me it ain't safe. Why?

Mods? Admins?
It happens with a lotta websites. Jus' shrug it off.
Tell me something tho, what device do you use?

My phone, when I'm on my tablet it says connection secure
What type and model?

Samsung, that's all I will say
Oh ok.
I also use a Samsung. Galaxy A01.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds