Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Private chat

Private chat 1 year 3 months ago #59190

• LEMONwizard
  • I trust God. Do you?
  • Thank you received: 92
Why, if there is no way to send a message to one person right away, do they show whether or not a person is online? I think, even though there might be major problems, that you should be able to invite a person to a private chat if hey are online. Of course, staff has all the decision on this suggestion. But I say maybe don't drive me crazy with not being able to talk with anybody like we're supposed to do in the chat room, which never seems to be open anymore!
TRUST GOD with EVERYTHING because GOD HOLDS EVERYTHING and HE WON'T LET GO

#StvernoIsAFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement
When Emmy01 can't, I will fight for the pencil.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lloyd101, missionarykid

Private chat 1 year 4 weeks ago #61399

• LEMONwizard
  • I trust God. Do you?
Seriously people! What is the purpose of knowing whether or not somebody is online?

The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

Private chat 1 year 4 weeks ago #61436

• Blue Tornado
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 786
I see your point, but obviously it's much safer when the moderators know what's going on in private messages to keep this a christian site. According to the Discussion Forum Home, as of right now, there are 21,832 members, and if everyone had one chat with one person, that's 10,916, and people probably won't have just one message. I doubt there's enough moderators to keep track of 11,000 messages at the same time.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, honeyflower, LittleLadyBug, Pyrrhic, Ruthie

Private chat 1 year 3 weeks ago #61565

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 512
U good mathematics
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

Private chat 1 year 3 hours ago #62118

• missionarykid
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
  • Thank you received: 548
Blue Tornado wrote:
I see your point, but obviously it's much safer when the moderators know what's going on in private messages to keep this a christian site. According to the Discussion Forum Home, as of right now, there are 21,832 members, and if everyone had one chat with one person, that's 10,916, and people probably won't have just one message. I doubt there's enough moderators to keep track of 11,000 messages at the same time.
True. But a lot of those members are spam. People who try to get in and spam the DB but they can't bcause Guide checks them carefully.

Stverno is a FEMALE. I am a FEMALE too.

MINISTRY CHAT: us21.chatzy.com/67264006884418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado, im a beekeeper

Private chat 11 months 2 weeks ago #63126

• Blue Tornado
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 786
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
True. But a lot of those members are spam. People who try to get in and spam the DB but they can't bcause Guide checks them carefully.

Fair enough, but I can't really say how many users there are that actually use the site. I was using the 22,000 members as an example because reasons.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower

Private chat 9 months 4 weeks ago #65739

• missionarykid
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
Blue Tornado wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:

Fair enough, but I can't really say how many users there are that actually use the site. I was using the 22,000 members as an example because reasons.
Someone did a count of this a while ago and I believe it was around 6,000.

Private chat 9 months 4 weeks ago #65772

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2916
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:

Still, 3,000 private chats going on at one time can be pretty overwhelming. We could argue that not all 6000 members would get on Guide at one time but still...

Private chat 9 months 3 weeks ago #65787

• im a beekeeper
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Fellow fruit loop :P
  • Thank you received: 186
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:

I did. And yea it was 6,000

guidecyberclub.org/beekeeper
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

Private chat 9 months 3 weeks ago #65838

• missionarykid
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
Quirky wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:

Still, 3,000 private chats going on at one time can be pretty overwhelming. We could argue that not all 6000 members would get on Guide at one time but still...
true. But let's just say about 1,000 guidesters are online at one time. If everyone sent 1 PrivateMessage to another person (one-on-one) that would be 500 messages. Let's say there are 20 mods. One mod would have to watch 25 Messages. But I know some of them are able to watch more. I would say it is difficult but possible, especially if Guide hired more mods. But I know my count probably isn't accurate.

Private chat 9 months 3 weeks ago #65878

• LEMONwizard
  • I trust God. Do you?
I have an idea! What if you can just send other people messages? That would be ok, right? Not like a private chat room, but like email? Like this post? Combined? Send someone a message, the moderators check it, and then when the person logs onto their account next they see the message. :woohoo:

Private chat 9 months 3 weeks ago #65879

• LEMONwizard
  • I trust God. Do you?
PLEASE LET THIS POST BE NOTICED BY THE STAFF!

Private chat 9 months 3 weeks ago #65914

• missionarykid
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
How about 500 guidesters are online at one time.
that is 250 messages.
250 divided by 20 is 12.5
One MOD would watch 12 and one or two would watch 13 messages.

If someone sent a PM to someone offline, that can be watched until the recipient is online.

Private chat 9 months 3 weeks ago #65922

• im a beekeeper
  • NOW ONLINE
Quirky wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:

No. It was 6,000 spam accounts. So it would be 16,000 that are not spam :P .
I don't think the private chat thing would work anyways.

Private chat 9 months 2 weeks ago #65974

• missionarykid
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
@Lemon Wizard, That is exactly what I'm saying. But say no mods are online and I sent someone a PM that was online at the same time I am online. How would they check it?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Private chat 9 months 2 weeks ago #66004

• LEMONwizard
  • I trust God. Do you?
missionarykid wrote:
Quirky wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:

true. But let's just say about 1,000 guidesters are online at one time. If everyone sent 1 PrivateMessage to another person (one-on-one) that would be 500 messages. Let's say there are 20 mods. One mod would have to watch 25 Messages. But I know some of them are able to watch more. I would say it is difficult but possible, especially if Guide hired more mods. But I know my count probably isn't accurate.
How do you count accounts?

Private chat 9 months 2 weeks ago #66021

• missionarykid
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
LEMONwizard wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Quirky wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:

Ask beekeeper. I would probably do it by counting all the people who have posted.

Private chat 9 months 2 weeks ago #66029

• LEMONwizard
  • I trust God. Do you?
missionarykid wrote:
LEMONwizard wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Quirky wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:

Ask beekeeper. I would probably do it by counting all the people who have posted.
Ok, I think we broke a record with these long quotes... Ima just write for the sake of adding to it!

Private chat 9 months 2 weeks ago #66193

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2916
LEMONwizard wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
LEMONwizard wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Quirky wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:

Ok, I think we broke a record with these long quotes... Ima just write for the sake of adding to it!

lol, this pales in comparison to quotable quotes 2 :lol:

Private chat 9 months 1 week ago #66249

• missionarykid
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
im a beekeeper wrote:
Quirky wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:

you said on that topic 6,000 not spam

Private chat 9 months 1 week ago #66270

• im a beekeeper
  • NOW ONLINE
missionarykid wrote:
im a beekeeper wrote:
Quirky wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:

No I didn't. Just checked. :P

Private chat 9 months 1 week ago #66330

• missionarykid
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
im a beekeeper wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
im a beekeeper wrote:
Quirky wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:

No I didn't. Just checked. :P
Oh? Send me link pls.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds