Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Do you think that we should not be able to wait for the admins to check our posts/threads?

TOPIC: Guide Forum Complaint

Guide Forum Complaint 4 years 7 months ago #23485

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
I'm sorry but I really do not like the idea of waiting for the admins to see my posts can we just post and it goes auto-maticly but to keep it still safe can we have a report button wich you can press on there post or thread to report it you admins to delete it? Can we please? Because I hate waiting for more forum post I want to see people foruming more but I have to wait till a Admin comes on, can we make a report button? Its much easier for me. You Guide members say "Support" if you agree?
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cynthia200, Wintergirl, katsmyname, RT3Gamer, IlikeEatingPi

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 4 years 7 months ago #23492

  • Wintergirl
  • Wintergirl's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Uh.. Wanna listen to music with me? :)
  • Posts: 234
  • Thank you received: 177
Totally support!
NeverLetDown~A.W.K.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Going4God

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 4 years 7 months ago #23511

  • Preciousabby1116
  • Preciousabby1116's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The most precious book, THE BIBLE
  • Posts: 693
  • Thank you received: 429
Support.


~Abby :cheer: ~
Abby loves you :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Going4God

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 4 years 6 months ago #23520

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
Come on people keep voting "Of course, I don't like waiting to see more posts." so we can have our freedom to see threads and posts come on every hour! :D YAY!
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Going4God

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 4 years 6 months ago #23535

  • trio3
  • trio3's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
  • Posts: 844
  • Thank you received: 576
I know what you mean and I like the idea too but the reason it shoudn't be that way in my opinion is because it only takes one look at something that someone posted to get it stuck in your mind. I'm not saying anybody will do this but you never know. There's that story where someone posted a cuss word and that guy who had a username that was just a little too close to a different bad phrase. The only way to protect us from those things are to check the posts but even then things still slip through. It may take a while to check the posts but it's the best thing to do (Besides creating a sytem that rejects all inapropiate words and pictures).

That's what I think.
Life will always end in closure; unless, of course, it doesn't.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13, Quirky, purple_A, Big al, katsmyname, GodLover2000, Mp137

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 4 years 6 months ago #23550

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3551
  • Thank you received: 2911
part of me agrees and part of me doesnt. its good that they have to check first so nothing inappropriate gets by. but on the other hand it gets kind of frustrating having to wait for the post to go through....but if we just do ur idea then there wont be any point on having chat :dry: not sure
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: trio3, purple_A, sunnyside1, Blue Tornado, Joy, Prov17

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 4 years 6 months ago #23556

  • tbhorse
  • tbhorse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • ♥ Fine Arts for Life ♥
  • Posts: 199
  • Thank you received: 119
I don't think so... I would make the admin's/mod's job harder... patrolling the forum discussions for silly little mistakes that haven't been reported... I know what it's like to have an out-of-control forum. It's not really much fun... Sorry, but I disagree. I know most of us would never post anything worth reporting, but still, I want to be on the safe side...

*Reading posts... :huh: Ooh. What's that? *GASPS* Ooh!* 'You have just been exposed to something that won't come out of your brain in a snap...
tbh
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, trio3, sunnyside1, Prov17

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 4 years 6 months ago #23570

  • godsgreat
  • godsgreat's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • GODSKID
  • Posts: 296
  • Thank you received: 120
well its a good thing because if admins don't view them first people might swear or call people names or post bad links or post bad videos
I AM ..................AWESOME
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: trio3, sunnyside1

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 4 years 6 months ago #23663

  • rfishell
  • rfishell's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 205
  • Thank you received: 393
I wish we didn't have to approve everything, but it just puts the Guide staff at too much risk to not do that. We try our best to approve posts as quickly as possible, but I know it can be frustrating to wait. It's just that it's better to wait a little bit than to suffer the embarrassment of having a parent contact us about inappropriate content! Most importantly, we want this website to honor God. RF
Editor, Guide and Real magazines
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by rfishell.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, trio3, purple_A, KB3YLO, katsmyname, sunnyside1, Prov17, LEMONwizard, Mp137, Nate1246

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 4 years 6 months ago #23807

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3551
  • Thank you received: 2911
i love that answer :cheer:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 4 years 6 months ago #23989

  • Emerl2
  • Emerl2's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 273
  • Thank you received: 151
Support!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 2 years 11 months ago #41893

  • honeyflower
  • honeyflower's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • #imasoutherengirlbutliveincali​
  • Posts: 267
  • Thank you received: 174
Well I'm not a parent, but I have already reported inappropriate content that was being viewed on here..... Purple_a in particular....
I didn't like her signature or the way she said certain things.
#HONORARYEMMY :lol:


Hi, nice to meet you! I'm me, but you knew that already. ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cynthia200, mittens92999

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 2 years 10 months ago #42189

  • rfishell
  • rfishell's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 205
  • Thank you received: 393
Thanks again for letting me know when you see something obscene here on the discussion board. We try hard to make sure nothing like that happens, but every once in a while we miss something. If anyone sees something that needs to be taken down, please let me know directly at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . —Randy Fishell, Guide editor

By the way, Purple_a and I have spoken about her posts, and she was very regretful about posting them. All is forgiven and we are moving on. :)
Editor, Guide and Real magazines
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, Quirky, sunnyside1

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 2 years 10 months ago #42265

  • RT3Gamer
  • RT3Gamer's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 16
  • Thank you received: 9
trio3 wrote:
I know what you mean and I like the idea too but the reason it shoudn't be that way in my opinion is because it only takes one look at something that someone posted to get it stuck in your mind. I'm not saying anybody will do this but you never know. There's that story where someone posted a cuss word and that guy who had a username that was just a little too close to a different bad phrase. The only way to protect us from those things are to check the posts but even then things still slip through. It may take a while to check the posts but it's the best thing to do (Besides creating a sytem that rejects all inapropiate words and pictures).

That's what I think.
No offense, but I don't see how you say that while putting a half-naked baby as your profile picture.

I didn't choose the thug life...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Guide Forum Complaint 2 years 10 months ago #42300

  • Big al
  • Big al's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Posts: 410
  • Thank you received: 225
Thanks for all the Work you do On guide All Admin
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, katsmyname, sunnyside1

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 2 years 10 months ago #42519

  • ILoveJesus
  • ILoveJesus's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 160
  • Thank you received: 30
i dont see whats so wrong about the baby its normal
My favorite color is green
<(^.^<)
Roblox: prius121
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Guide Forum Complaint 2 years 9 months ago #42616

  • smileygon10
  • smileygon10's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Meow!
  • Posts: 110
  • Thank you received: 126
I think that all the posts should be reviewed first.

However, it takes too long for things to get approved. It seems that approvals, posts, and comments by the Guide Staff are almost only made on Sabbath. We need the Guide Staff to speed up a little bit and get on track.

A while ago someone started this "story", where you post one sentence, another posts another sentence, and so forth until you have a story. However, the posts took so long to approve. Someone would write a sentence to follow. Another would write a sentence to fill the same spot, not knowing that a post has been already made. When both are approved, we get a double.

So please, to all the Guide Staff out there, please check more often!
Smiling for Jesus
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, ILoveJesus, Blue Tornado

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 11 months 2 weeks ago #62683

  • Peach1
  • Peach1's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, my Bible, my family, and my church
  • Posts: 593
  • Thank you received: 86
SRNitro wrote:
Come on people keep voting "Of course, I don't like waiting to see more posts." so we can have our freedom to see threads and posts come on every hour! :D YAY!

Yeah! I have to wait soooooooo long
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 11 months 2 weeks ago #62684

  • Peach1
  • Peach1's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, my Bible, my family, and my church
  • Posts: 593
  • Thank you received: 86
Quirky wrote:
part of me agrees and part of me doesnt. its good that they have to check first so nothing inappropriate gets by. but on the other hand it gets kind of frustrating having to wait for the post to go through....but if we just do ur idea then there wont be any point on having chat :dry: not sure

Ture. But why can't they check it fast and them post it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 11 months 2 weeks ago #62685

  • Peach1
  • Peach1's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, my Bible, my family, and my church
  • Posts: 593
  • Thank you received: 86
ILoveJesus wrote:
i dont see whats so wrong about the baby its normal

Yeah. Babies are like that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Guide Forum Complaint 10 months 3 weeks ago #64317

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3551
  • Thank you received: 2911
Peach1 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
part of me agrees and part of me doesnt. its good that they have to check first so nothing inappropriate gets by. but on the other hand it gets kind of frustrating having to wait for the post to go through....but if we just do ur idea then there wont be any point on having chat :dry: not sure

Ture. But why can't they check it fast and them post it?

Well think about it. Can you imagine how many posts they would have to approve of each day? And we have to consider that they probably have day jobs, and families to take care of. The mods aren't being lazy, I don't think. I'm thankful that they care enough to take time off of their schedules to help a bunch of kids from around the world to have fun
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, sunnyside1
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds