Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "frozen"???

"frozen"??? 3 years 6 months ago #37098

so im just wondering what you guys think of the new movie "Frozen". a bunch of my friends have wathed it and love it. i personally havent watched it, but ive seen some of the trailers. so far the only thing i have against it is all the sorcery and magic. and thats a pretty big deal if u ask me! what i don't get is why christians just seem to be ignoring that part.......idk. what do you guys think???
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshie

Re: "frozen"??? 3 years 6 months ago #37128

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1208
What I like the most about Frozen is the message: A girl doesn't need a man to be productive.
That being said, having vocal powerhouse Idina Menzel doesn't hurt either.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: GodLover2000

Re: "frozen"??? 3 years 6 months ago #37139

• bnll5
  • Thank you received: 9
Not sure ask an adult or put this on Dr.C. :unsure: I have it on hold at the library. B) Interested on what others will say.
Biancaloss

Re: "frozen"??? 3 years 6 months ago #37154

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2911
I find it really annoying when we give a summary of a movie that is chalk full of things against God's law and at the end we say "overall, it was a great movie to watch!" What?! you just told me that this movie has potty humor, sorcery and magic, weird creatures or idiotic characters, and inappropriate scenes, and you tell me that its a good movie to watch???? i think that our Christian morals have been totally dumbed down these past few thousand years. as for frozen, i watched the first half and immediately decided that i shouldn't be watching it. You can't really ignore those weird rock trolls that the people go to for counsel. not only that, but i knew that i'd get hooked on the movie and think about it night and day for a whole month. that kind of thing drives me CRAZY! so those are my two cents (and a quarter :side: ).

Re: "frozen"??? 3 years 6 months ago #37172

• Bribree
  • Thank you received: 158
Personally, I LOVED that movie. I really don't think there was that much magic. they didn't relate to the devil at all and it was a really good disney movie! Sometimes u gotta let your imagination fly!!
;) GOD ♡ U ...... I ♡ U
;)~Bribree~ ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mango, bnll5

Re: "frozen"??? 3 years 6 months ago #37184

• joshie
  • Thank you received: 2
It does have a bit of magic...
I agree with you!

Re: "frozen"??? 3 years 6 months ago #37187

• MonikaJon
  • Thank you received: 26
I love the movie!! Where I come from that isn't exactly bad. It's just a kids movie I don't think it's bad:)

Re: "frozen"??? 3 years 6 months ago #37207

• SdaKid777
  • Hi, I have backyard chickens and live normally.
  • Thank you received: 5
probably cos it seems fun to them, and enjoyable, so they forget that part.

Re: "frozen"??? 3 years 6 months ago #37225

• legodude
  • Wassup
  • Thank you received: 97
there isn't any sorcery, queen Elsa was born with the power of Ice, but can't control it
ROBLOX - DevCloud
The following user(s) said Thank You: bnll5

Re: "frozen"??? 3 years 6 months ago #37398

• nathan3000
  • Thank you received: 4
So, I've been right where you are for the past week or so. My family and I started watching the movie, but about five minutes in, they started using magic/sorcery. This was weird and we all were uncomfortable, but shrugged it off. A few minutes later, it happened again. It was at this point that we stopped the movie.
My mom when she taught in public school had to read Harry Potter, but she told the school she couldn't. But from what little bits she does know of Harry Potter, the storyline is the same with Frozen. A kid gets born with powers and has to learn to control them and use them for good. But isn't this what Jesus did when he was on Earth? I mean, he wasn't born with powers, but he healed people, walked on water, turned water to wine, disappeared in a group of people, etc.
All my friends have seen this movie. What bothers me is this; they see absolutely nothing wrong in it. I thought that at least they would see something wrong, but they didn't. One of them said, "Come on dude, it's a DISNEY movie! How come you haven't watched it?" So some people assume that if it's Disney, everything is fine. Although if you think about all the Diseny movies, Cinderalla, Peter Pan, etc, they're all filled with magic. There is always a good guy and a bad guy. Somehow, there is always magic involved.
So as you can see, Satan is really pulling the wool over peoples' eyes right now. As some of my friends saw it, there was no connection between Frozen and Harry Potter whatsoever. I believe that this is another one of Satan's deceptions. He is going undercover and making it seem like it's a nice kid movie. Most of the movies nowadays are violent and all that, but this one is nice and ok. Now think about it from this from a different point of view. Suppose that Frozen wasn't an animated movie, it was a real-life movie where actual characters act out the parts. That would make it so much more creepy. I don't think that as many people would like it if it wasn't animated as they do now.
So in the end, it all comes down to one point, your values. What are your values? Do you shrug off magic saying, "Oh, it won't hurt me. It's only a little and they're using it for good." Think of it like a boa constrictor. If you find one when it's little, you'll think it's fine because it can't hurt you. Soon, it'll start to grow bigger. You'll still think that you can control it easily and hang on to it. A little bit later, it grows into its full size. Now what's going to happen? It's obviously going to strangle you for a free meal. Now think of what you would do if you found it full-grown. Would you still pick it up and think you could handle it? No, of course not! You would steer clear from its pathway. This is how Satan works. Do you think that a kid movie with "a little" magic and sorcery is ok? If this happens, you'll get into bigger and bigger stuff. Pretty soon, you'll be casually watching movies that you wouldn't even have dreamed of watching earlier in your life. But ultimately, follow your convictions and talk to God about it. He'll answer all your questions. I wish you the best of luck! :)
-That guy who does stuff-

Re: "frozen"??? 3 years 6 months ago #37428

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2911
okay, so no one else was alarmed by the rock trolls?????? :blink:

Re: "frozen"??? 3 years 5 months ago #37955

Ya, idk how people can just shrug off the magic and all that. No matter if it's just a little of I, magic is magic really........

Re: "frozen"??? 3 years 3 months ago #39634

• Mercylove
  • October 16th I'll remember forever.
  • Thank you received: 186
I don't watch any movies that involve magic or sorcery. Personally I think if it has that in it, it isn't such a good movie to watch. But that's just me! Hope this helps!! :D
Blessed Assurance! Jesus is mine!

"frozen"??? 2 years 9 months ago #42982

• bnll5
In Frozen Elsa is born with magical powers to freeze with her hands. Her sister Anna accidentally makes her freeze arendelle. Anna has to get her sister to unfreeze Arendelle. in the end Elsa unfreezes Arendelle.

B) :P :cheer: :):lol: I LOVE FROZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :P B) :lol: :)
Biancaloss

Re: "frozen"??? 2 years 9 months ago #42983

• bnll5
thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Biancaloss
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds