Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: should people play games on sabbath?

should people play games on sabbath? 3 years 3 weeks ago #41901

What do you think!?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

should people play games on sabbath? 2 years 4 months ago #48800

  • Lloyd101
  • Lloyd101's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
  • Posts: 578
  • Thank you received: 328
Uhhh I duno I play the guide games on the Sabbath :3
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Going4God

should people play games on sabbath? 2 years 3 months ago #49571

  • Nate1246
  • Nate1246's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • ~LF~ ¤KING¤
  • Posts: 316
  • Thank you received: 43
It's considered work @Mp137 not that kind of work
Rrrrrrroarrrrrr!!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Nate1246. Reason: kids
The administrator has disabled public write access.

should people play games on sabbath? 2 years 3 months ago #49592

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2201
  • Thank you received: 1971
Nate1246 wrote:
It's considered work

How on earth is playing considered work?! That's a total oxymoron
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DatFailKid

should people play games on sabbath? 2 years 3 months ago #49622

  • Sk8er4God
  • Sk8er4God's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Allons-y!
  • Posts: 477
  • Thank you received: 256
Nate1246 wrote:
It's considered work

Not trying to compare you them or anything, but that statement reminded me of how the Pharisees back in Jesus's time came up with all those crazy laws about what you could and couldn't do on the sabbath. Back to the original question though, I think it depends on what kind of game it is.
M-mental
A-abuse
T-to
H-humans

Just kidding I like math.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IlikeEatingPi

should people play games on sabbath? 2 years 3 months ago #49649

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 682
  • Thank you received: 452
@nate1246Games are work?! What? That's one of the most absurd thing I've ever heard?! I'm sorry I don't want to seem mean but come on?! If games are work then so are video games. Games are not work they're are just entertaining. If you say games, a idea to do so that can have fun, are work, then talking is work because it involves having fun. That makes no sense whatsoever. Video games are now work also. Video games are GAMES! So now they're work! Whenever my mom asks if I'm doing work now I'll say don't worry I'm working! It's okay because according to you video games are work.

The TRUTH (My Opinion of the Truth) about playing games on Sabbath: They're okay to do. Some people say that you can't play sports, or do anything game related on Sabbath because it takes you away from God. (Yes I'm also talking about sports on here, I think it's absurd that parents let kids play tag but they can't play soccer. They're both games... you should either ban both or none.) See people say that games take you away from God, and yeah... it can, but see people need to stop judging others when they look at themselves. You know what else takes people away from the subject or thought of God? It's talking. I know these parents that say that sports and games are not allowed on Sabbath. They force their kids to sit still and not do anything, maybe talk to someone or do anything that involves God like reading the Bible! They say these things because they don't want the kid's minds off of God when in reality when they talk they are not talking about God most of the time. They are talking about their children, about their family, about anything. Are they on the subject of God? I was with my parents and other parents (They allow their children to play games on Sabbath.) and they weren't going "I was praying because I needed help," They were talking about this funny incident in the hospital. I mean it's fine, it's okay to talk like that but you shouldn't be judging us kids when you parents are over there on a total different subject of God! If you want to stop acting like that and keep your mind on God for the whole day, shut yourself in a closet with a flashlight and a Bible. Go do it and you will never keep your mind off of God. Happy? That's the truth.

Let us run,

let us play,

don't judge us,

and look at what non-God things you say.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137, DatFailKid

should people play games on sabbath? 2 years 3 months ago #49667

  • Cool Cat
  • Cool Cat's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love computers and dirt bikes
  • Posts: 701
  • Thank you received: 225
I think that it depends what games you play.I mean,If it was a sabbath game,I don't sea anything wrong with it.God wants us to have fun on sabbath.Nate1246 wrote:
It's considered work
My website: HighGearMX.simplesite.com
Dirt bikes+computers= :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

should people play games on sabbath? 2 years 3 months ago #50243

  • Nate1246
  • Nate1246's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • ~LF~ ¤KING¤
  • Posts: 316
  • Thank you received: 43
Cool Cat wrote:
I think that it depends what games you play.I mean,If it was a sabbath game,I don't sea anything wrong with it.God wants us to have fun on sabbath.Nate1246 wrote:
It's considered work
i mean that when your doing something like that or MINECRAFT your working your creating something thats work your killing things thats work just watch a video :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: no one gets me
Rrrrrrroarrrrrr!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

should people play games on sabbath? 2 years 3 months ago #50244

  • Nate1246
  • Nate1246's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • ~LF~ ¤KING¤
  • Posts: 316
  • Thank you received: 43
Sk8er4God wrote:
Nate1246 wrote:
It's considered work

Not trying to compare you them or anything, but that statement reminded me of how the Pharisees back in Jesus's time came up with all those crazy laws about what you could and couldn't do on the sabbath. Back to the original question though, I think it depends on what kind of game it is.
wow :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Rrrrrrroarrrrrr!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

should people play games on sabbath? 2 years 4 weeks ago #52628

  • DatFailKid
  • DatFailKid's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Currently, uhhh... (What was the script again?)
  • Posts: 63
  • Thank you received: 21
THANK YOU!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

should people play games on sabbath? 2 years 4 weeks ago #52630

  • DatFailKid
  • DatFailKid's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Currently, uhhh... (What was the script again?)
  • Posts: 63
  • Thank you received: 21
Thank you, JESUS!
You LITERALLY read my mind!!! Parents tell us "You can do this, but not the other"! This makes entirely NO SENSE! This usually applies to videos, and movies as well! My sister was watching vegetales the other Sabbath, and my mom said she couldn't (Just so you guys know, vegetales does each lessons), and you tell her that when adults talk about this, that, the next, and the third (Like how you were saying)!
So the message?
Look at yourself first!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

should people play games on sabbath? 10 months 3 weeks ago #66503

  • master builder
  • master builder's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I can build all things through Christ who gives me
  • Posts: 69
  • Thank you received: 30
It depends on the game if it minecraft you should wait till sundown if it a game on guide magazine it would be more appropriate for that time. ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds