Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What Would You Do?

What Would You Do? 2 years 9 months ago #43080

Here's the scenario: You're hanging out with your friends after school. They invite you to a party on Saturday, but you're a Christian. So now here's the big question: What would you do? You want to keep the Sabbath, but you don't want to look stupid in front of your friends. Would you risk your friends, or your Christianity. Post your reply in the comment section (where else would you put it? Ha ha ha!)

LoverOfGod
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Would You Do? 2 years 9 months ago #43129

• AyeAriCold
  • Thank you received: 5
Personally, I would say," Hey Guys, I can't go the that party because it's on the Sabbath (my day of rest), but maybe I'll swing by after sunset"

What Would You Do? 2 years 9 months ago #43171

• *bjc4christ*
  • God first
  • Thank you received: 98
Firstly, I think you meant to say Seventh-Day Adventist instead of "Christian" because Sunday worshippers are also Christians ;)

And secondly, I would say No to going to a party because I know that one day I will be rewarded for standing for what's right (Matthew 5:10)
Ellen.G.White also says in the Great Controversy that we should "do what is right because it is right and leave the consequences to God" :)
'THE BIBLE IS AN ANVIL THAT HAS WORN OUT MANY HAMMERS'...EARLY REFORMER OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH...*

What Would You Do? 2 years 9 months ago #43183

• Razena
  • 8razy8 EDRJam: razena
  • Thank you received: 84
Welllll.........................I'd go if it were at night(after sundown), but otherwise I wouldn't go. I'd just say,'Sorry gals, but I can't go. Maybe some other time.' I don't know if it would save my friendship but at least it would save my cristanism. Besides, why would it be important that I don't come to some silly party, I mean, if they stop being my friends for not coming to a party, They aren't good friends.
When it rains, look for rainbows. When it's dark, look for stars.

What Would You Do? 2 years 9 months ago #43299

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Saved to Serve
  • Thank you received: 392
I'd say, "Sorry but I have an appointment that day. It lasts all day." After all, it is an appointment with God.
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

What Would You Do? 1 year 5 months ago #57812

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 332
sunnyside1 wrote:
I'd say, "Sorry but I have an appointment that day. It lasts all day." After all, it is an appointment with God.

That's being deceptive. This is the chance you have that you can share your faith. I would say that I go to church that day and then spend time with God later, so I can't make it because it is a holy day.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds