Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: gone in...two or three seconds

gone in...two or three seconds 5 years 4 months ago #5653

• happygirl11234
  • just me, nothing else
  • Thank you received: 168
on july 1st, a little before 8:00 P.M., twitter blew up. again. a man had jumped from the 5th floor of the parking structure of the grove in LA, landed on a terrace of a restaurant where people were eating, and died. it was determined to be a deliberate suicide attempt. i was there. but i didn't see the guy die, there was just police tape blocking the usual entrance to the structure. my family and I had been in a restaurant when the "incident" happened.

now, i was talking to my friends about it, and they believe I should have a little more sympathy for the guy. but when I think about how it must have looked to the families, and especially the young children, i have very little sympathy for the guy. he clearly wanted attention and also wanted to end his own life. they don't really know if the guy was under the influence of drink or drugs yet. but I figure, even if he was, it still doesn't change the fact that he jumped off that building in front of all those people. yes, that sounds like a terribly heartless thing to say, and i do feel sympathy for this man who was probably misunderstood, or had a lot of problems. what do you guys think? :dry:
Live life~Laugh often~Love food~Play music~Work hardest
Give me a reason to laugh, and I will. But you don't need to give me a reason to share God's word.
:D
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 13and lovingit

Re: gone in...two or three seconds 5 years 4 months ago #5675

i agree with you. The man probably had no one there to tell him "it's Okay" or "you have a lot to live for". he may have been lonely. :dry:
rosie ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: happygirl11234, 13and lovingit

Re: gone in...two or three seconds 5 years 4 months ago #5693

• trio3
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
  • Thank you received: 577
I'm sorry for that person who thought they had to take their life to get rid of their problems. It isn't right to commit suicide especially in front of a whole bunch of people where a playback of what happened will be engraved in their mind but since he thought he had to take his life it just shows how we christians aren't working hard enough to get the word out. That mans life was as precious as gold but since this world is filled with muck he didn't believe life was worth it. We need to make life worth it. Help the lonely people like the lonely tortoise George (Lonesome George). Make friends withnew kids at your school. Help the homeless. All of that good stuff and we wont have to feel any sympathy for suicidal people because there will be none. Be a SDA and the world WILL be better.

those are my thoughts :)
Life will always end in closure; unless, of course, it doesn't.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies
The following user(s) said Thank You: happygirl11234, mknz12, Quirky

Re: gone in...two or three seconds 5 years 4 months ago #5730

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
it may have been the wrong thin to do, but we are judging that man and the situation without really knowing exactly what happened. We shouldn't judge the man. Let God do that. Also Drugs and Alchohol make a big difference to rational thinking and if he was under the influence he probably wasn't thinking straight and may have not meant to fall to his death, we cannot judge him because we don't really know the answers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: happygirl11234, trio3

Re: gone in...two or three seconds 5 years 4 months ago #5791

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2962
thats really sad :( :( i agree with trio3 that us christians aren't working hard enough. and u dont have to do anything big like building a church in cambodia(unless god is calling you to build a church over there ;) ). it could be as simple as making a picture for a neighbor or inviting a lonly person to your house to hang out. as my mom always says, "our neighbor hood is our mission field." just show Gods love to everyone and this world can become a better place. set a goal everyday that you will say Jesus loves you to some one then you will already be doing the Lords work. :) :cheer: ;) :P :lol: :silly: :woohoo: :side:
The following user(s) said Thank You: happygirl11234, Hyperactive247, trio3

Re: gone in...two or three seconds 5 years 4 months ago #5811

Oh wow I would've definitely lost my appetite if I was at that restaurant. Suicide is terrible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: happygirl11234

Re: gone in...two or three seconds 5 years 4 months ago #5818

• jreteenmom
  • Thank you received: 338
HI,

It does not sound heartless to me. It simply sounds like you have MORE sympathy for the innocent victims who had to witness his suicide than you have for him.

That's your feeling about the situation and that's OK.

Dr. C
Dr. C
The following user(s) said Thank You: happygirl11234, -lakers, Quirky, trio3
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds