• Page:

TOPIC: BLM?

BLM? 11 months 1 week ago #116941

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Thank you received: 482
I know this is kind of late but...
What should Christians' perspective on the Black Lives Matter movement be?
-- sci_geeek
melancholic/sanguine ~ infp 4 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile

"what's past is prologue." - william shakespeare
The administrator has disabled public write access.

BLM? 11 months 1 week ago #116945

• pathfinder4ever
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 649
Do black lives matter? Yes! Is it a good name? Absolutely.
Is the most commonly know movement that calls themselves blm good? No. Unfortunately, the leaders are very corrupt.
But black lives always do matter, you can still say it loud and proud! Don’t let them discourage you.
Everyone matters. ❤️❤️
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by pathfinder4ever.

BLM? 11 months 1 week ago #116947

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Is the most commonly know movement that calls themselves blm good? No. Unfortunately, the leaders are very corrupt.
But black lives always do matter, you can still say it loud and proud! Don’t let them discourage you.
Everyone matters. ❤️❤️
Yeah, I mean the overall idea of BLM, not the people who give it a bad name.

<> <> <>

BLM? 11 months 1 week ago #116957

Who voted no?
As a black person, should I feel offended right now?
Of course we matter. We're still people no matter or skin colour or race :S
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoyBaker

BLM? 11 months 1 week ago #116970

• JoyBaker
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Thank you received: 233
I don't know. Every human matters. For me: I actually don't think we need to pull out a race to have a month for..

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3

BLM? 11 months 1 week ago #116978

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 707
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Everyone matters. ❤️❤️
Someone's been doing their research. ;)
Unfortunately, their corruption is way worse when you dig deeper.

BLM? 11 months 6 days ago #116999

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
Wow. The poll votes are a lot closer than I thought. 4 pro-BLM and 3 anti-BLM.

<> <> <>

BLM? 11 months 5 days ago #117040

Who is against BLM? I'm serious. Who doesn't think Black Lives Matter? Why are people voting no? :unsure: :dry:

BLM? 11 months 5 days ago #117044

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
JoyBaker wrote:
I don't know. Every human matters. For me: I actually don't think we need to pull out a race to have a month for..
Black History Month is to celebrate the rich culture and history of black people, since they are so discriminated against in so many ways. It's also a way to remind others to stop racism and treat everyone as equal, no matter their skin color. Oftentimes Black history is overlooked, especially now in the 2020s with people wanting it to not be taught in schools, so that "[white] people don't feel ashamed of their race."

<> <> <>

BLM? 11 months 4 days ago #117071

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Who is against BLM? I'm serious. Who doesn't think Black Lives Matter? Why are people voting no? :unsure: :dry:
They might be doing it based on the people who make the movement look bad.

<> <> <>

BLM? 11 months 4 days ago #117081

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Black Lives do Matter. It should be quite obvious. However, the issue is with the overly-zealous people that support and promote the cause.

BLM? 11 months 4 days ago #117085

• Lightness
  • Atheist. Independent French music(some) are cool.
  • Thank you received: 60
I put no because I think it's stupid and idiotic to protest to make a race more important than the other. All races are equal. Not one matters and the others don't. Might as well say every race matters why only back? Tbh the majority of people are racist. Black people against white people, white people against Asian people, etc.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: Lightness#8110

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606

BLM? 11 months 4 days ago #117097

• JoyBaker
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Thank you received: 233
sci_geeek wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
Black History Month is to celebrate the rich culture and history of black people, since they are so discriminated against in so many ways. It's also a way to remind others to stop racism and treat everyone as equal, no matter their skin color. Oftentimes Black history is overlooked, especially now in the 2020s with people wanting it to not be taught in schools, so that "[white] people don't feel ashamed of their race."
Ooh.. I didn’t know about the “wanting it not to be taught in schools” part.

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3

BLM? 11 months 4 days ago #117108

• pathfinder4ever
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Who voted no?
I did. I’m also black. I do believe that black lives matter. But, the movement called blm, is not actually standing for black lives. They are about division and breaking down the family structure. It’s also founded by marxists and deeply spiritual, not the good type of spiritual either.
#blacklivesstillmatter
Any questions? Ask!

BLM? 11 months 4 days ago #117109

• pathfinder4ever
jodiaz wrote:
I put no because I think it's stupid and idiotic to protest to make a race more important than the other. All races are equal. Not one matters and the others don't. Might as well say every race matters why only back? Tbh the majority of people are racist. Black people against white people, white people against Asian people, etc.
Have you heard about all the shootings and killings of black people? Have you heard of asian hate crimes? There is definitely a time and place to focus on fixing certain problems. That doesn’t make one race more important than the other.
Any questions? Ask!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sci_geeek

BLM? 11 months 4 days ago #117112

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
jodiaz wrote:
...Though a lot of black people are protesting to be treated as equal, because unfortunately they aren't treated as equal. Yes, every race matters, but #blacklivesmatter is like a way of reminding white people that, "hey, we matter too..."

<> <> <>

The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

BLM? 11 months 4 days ago #117114

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
pathfinder4ever wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Who voted no?
I did. I’m also black. I do believe that black lives matter. But, the movement called blm, is not actually standing for black lives. They are about division and breaking down the family structure. It’s also founded by marxists and deeply spiritual, not the good type of spiritual either.
#blacklivesstillmatter
I agree although the fact that they're marxists means nothing to me. I see that Marx got some things right, and with other things, he didn't.
If you think about it, the BLM Movement contradicts biblical principles. In fact, some of the things these protesters and supporters have done can be considered racist.

BLM? 11 months 3 days ago #117129

• Lightness
  • Atheist. Independent French music(some) are cool.
  • Thank you received: 60
pathfinder4ever wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Have you heard about all the shootings and killings of black people? Have you heard of asian hate crimes? There is definitely a time and place to focus on fixing certain problems. That doesn’t make one race more important than the other.
I didn't say it makes a race more or less important then the other. I just think the protesting is idiotic.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: Lightness#8110

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606

BLM? 11 months 3 days ago #117134

jodiaz wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Ya,

Writers Block: When your imaginary friends refuse to talk to you.

YouTube Channels:

Stories of Faith: www.youtube.com/channel/UCudEpP-KJhonYokRNIMC6pg
Kute Kitties: www.youtube.com/channel/UCWEvdHXKaaITP_cGYgBRYaw

BLM? 11 months 3 days ago #117144

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
sci_geeek wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
...Though a lot of black people are protesting to be treated as equal, because unfortunately they aren't treated as equal. Yes, every race matters, but #blacklivesmatter is like a way of reminding white people that, "hey, we matter too..."
I never really thought of that...but I don't think that's usually the case.

BLM? 11 months 3 days ago #117156

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Ok, so let's say it isn't the case. But saying #blacklivesmatter isn't the same as saying "black people matter more than white people."

<> <> <>

The following user(s) said Thank You: pathfinder4ever

BLM? 11 months 1 day ago #117230

sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Ok, so let's say it isn't the case. But saying #blacklivesmatter isn't the same as saying "black people matter more than white people."
I wanna know, which do you hear more? Black people experiencing racism or White People experiencing racism?
Which do you think they're gonna promote more? Black Lives Matter or White Lives Matter?
No, I'm not being racist. We are all people but if you see one race being discriminated against more than the other, it's going to be promoted more that their lives matter than the other race. I bet you my last dime that if White people were experiencing more racism than black people the #blacklivesmatter would be #whitelivesmatter and the problem would be the same.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Anyways, it all comes down to, everyone is equal, no matter their skin colour, race, background because we're all equal at the foot of the cross.

BLM? 11 months 1 day ago #117272

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Of course. That should be a no-brainer.

BLM? 11 months 13 hours ago #117316

• Kiv24133
  • Axolotls are cool
  • Thank you received: 57
This is the reason I stay out of this type of stuff cause it gets very controversial and the only time I get into something like this is when some one is talking bad about axolotls

BLM? 11 months 5 hours ago #117317

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
I wanna know, which do you hear more? Black people experiencing racism or White People experiencing racism?
Which do you think they're gonna promote more? Black Lives Matter or White Lives Matter?
No, I'm not being racist. We are all people but if you see one race being discriminated against more than the other, it's going to be promoted more that their lives matter than the other race. I bet you my last dime that if White people were experiencing more racism than black people the #blacklivesmatter would be #whitelivesmatter and the problem would be the same.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Anyways, it all comes down to, everyone is equal, no matter their skin colour, race, background because we're all equal at the foot of the cross.
True. But a lot of people just can't see that.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds