Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LGBT's in the Adventist church?

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 3 weeks 1 day ago #90582

• horsegirl04
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 456
Mp137 wrote:
I haven’t read the whole topic or people’s posts, so this may be out of context. Anyways. I don’t think we should discriminate against people who have a different way of life/sexual orientation than we do. I’ve got a friend who is gay, but he’s one of the nicest guys I know. However, people are immediately mean to him or rude to him simply because he is gay. They don’t take the time to get to know him and find out what a truly great and kind person he is. I think we should let anyone into church who wants to be there. No one should feel like an outcast. If we claim to be part of the family of God, commissioned to spread His word to earphone, we can’t decide who gets to be a part of that and who gets to hear the good news. Only God can decide that and our job is to simply spread His love to every person we meet.
I agree with you, and as we spread God's love to them, He will work in their lives for their good, just the same as he would in ours. Paul says that homosexuals will not enter the kingdom, but he also says that liars and thieves will not enter the kingdom. God will word in their lives just the same as he works in liars and thief's hearts, it is our job to lead them to God though our love and our actions, but at the same time, not condone what they are doing.

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, honeyflower

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 3 weeks 1 day ago #90584

• TomTom
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 200
Mp137 wrote:
I haven’t read the whole topic or people’s posts, so this may be out of context. Anyways. I don’t think we should discriminate against people who have a different way of life/sexual orientation than we do. I’ve got a friend who is gay, but he’s one of the nicest guys I know. However, people are immediately mean to him or rude to him simply because he is gay. They don’t take the time to get to know him and find out what a truly great and kind person he is. I think we should let anyone into church who wants to be there. No one should feel like an outcast. If we claim to be part of the family of God, commissioned to spread His word to earphone, we can’t decide who gets to be a part of that and who gets to hear the good news. Only God can decide that and our job is to simply spread His love to every person we meet.

I don't hate gays, in fact the exact oppisate, although CNN would probably make it sound otherwise.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 3 weeks 12 hours ago #90589

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 2014
horsegirl04 wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
I agree with you, and as we spread God's love to them, He will work in their lives for their good, just the same as he would in ours. Paul says that homosexuals will not enter the kingdom, but he also says that liars and thieves will not enter the kingdom. God will word in their lives just the same as he works in liars and thief's hearts, it is our job to lead them to God though our love and our actions, but at the same time, not condone what they are doing.

Exactly
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 weeks 2 days ago #90718

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 617
My biggest concern with gays doesn’t have to do with their sin. I don’t hate gays for being gay, but I worry that they will hate me for being Christian.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, honeyflower, Blue Tornado, endershadow112, 123Bluegem123, TravelPastel

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 weeks 1 day ago #90751

• SRNitro
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 495
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
We shouldn’t discriminate against homosexuals and let them have their own groups. It’s not limke we support them or anything. That’s like saying if I made videos on ISIS on YouTube and then making YouTube responsible for my videos. Oh wait, YouTube is getting rid and trying to block channels who speak of controversial topics to push the advertisers’ agenda. Well then all I’m saying is don’t turn into YouTube and let people be people. I’m going to say right here and right now that homosexuality is a very small sin and sins have degrees. We wouldn’t ban people from the church who have lied multiple times but if we banned homosexuality that would show that something that isn’t controllable is worse than something that is. This mentality that God will save liars and cheaters but not homosexuals is stupid to me.

And when I said gays can come to church, I didn't mean they shouldn't stay gay. They should be expected to change if they're gonna become Christian. I believe as come as you are but don't stay as you are. Let Christ change and and no one else. And again: I. Don't. Hate. Gays.

I think it should apply to those who just have support groups too.

Well I think quirky made a good point: are these support groups for people who want to quit or are they openly encouraging people to be and remain gay?
Freedom of speech in church please. If they're not harming anybody then who cares. Why should we care if some harmless group of people talk about something we disagree with. They're no hurting a fly. Maybe they're triggering traditional Christians but that's their fault for being such snobs about it.

But it's not something that should be in our church. It's not Christian. And we do have freedom of speech in church.
That's like saying, "I have freedom of speech so I'm allowed to kick all blacks from coming into my store from now on." That's violating someone else's and you're not saving anybody but just judging,
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 weeks 1 day ago #90752

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 2014
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My biggest concern with gays doesn’t have to do with their sin. I don’t hate gays for being gay, but I worry that they will hate me for being Christian.

People, especially Christians, shouldn’t exclude others just because they feel like they will be judged by those they are excluding
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 weeks 7 hours ago #90778

• TomTom
  • NOW ONLINE
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
We shouldn’t discriminate against homosexuals and let them have their own groups. It’s not limke we support them or anything. That’s like saying if I made videos on ISIS on YouTube and then making YouTube responsible for my videos. Oh wait, YouTube is getting rid and trying to block channels who speak of controversial topics to push the advertisers’ agenda. Well then all I’m saying is don’t turn into YouTube and let people be people. I’m going to say right here and right now that homosexuality is a very small sin and sins have degrees. We wouldn’t ban people from the church who have lied multiple times but if we banned homosexuality that would show that something that isn’t controllable is worse than something that is. This mentality that God will save liars and cheaters but not homosexuals is stupid to me.

And when I said gays can come to church, I didn't mean they shouldn't stay gay. They should be expected to change if they're gonna become Christian. I believe as come as you are but don't stay as you are. Let Christ change and and no one else. And again: I. Don't. Hate. Gays.

Well I think quirky made a good point: are these support groups for people who want to quit or are they openly encouraging people to be and remain gay?
Freedom of speech in church please. If they're not harming anybody then who cares. Why should we care if some harmless group of people talk about something we disagree with. They're no hurting a fly. Maybe they're triggering traditional Christians but that's their fault for being such snobs about it.

But it's not something that should be in our church. It's not Christian. And we do have freedom of speech in church.
That's like saying, "I have freedom of speech so I'm allowed to kick all blacks from coming into my store from now on." That's violating someone else's and you're not saving anybody but just judging,

That's not what I was saying. I was saying there shouldn't be these support groups that are encouraging people to be gay on the Adventist campuses. Listen, I go to a martial arts class where my teacher is Christian, and we've had/have gays, Buddhists, Christians, etc. We're pretty diverse and we all get along very well and don't judge each other at all. I don't hate gays. I don't judge them. They have their own issues, as does everyone. I just don't like the support groups that Andrews and Loma Linda have.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 weeks 7 hours ago #90779

• TomTom
  • NOW ONLINE
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:

For the record, some of my closest friends I have are black.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 weeks 2 hours ago #90792

• SRNitro
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 495
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:

Yeah dude I'm not saying you're racist. I'm not that kind of person. Yeah so don't think I'm an Alt-right or a feminist or something.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 weeks 57 minutes ago #90793

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1215
Just a quick, friendly reminder to keep your tempers in rein, gentlemen. Thank you :)
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 week 6 days ago #90802

• TomTom
  • NOW ONLINE
bush possum wrote:
Just a quick, friendly reminder to keep your tempers in rein, gentlemen. Thank you :)

Yeah I'm trying to get better at that it a just hard. Thanks for the reminder.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 week 6 days ago #90803

• TomTom
  • NOW ONLINE
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:

Yeah dude I'm not saying you're racist. I'm not that kind of person. Yeah so don't think I'm an Alt-right or a feminist or something.

I didn't think you were either of those things but good to know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 week 5 days ago #90825

• TomTom
  • NOW ONLINE
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:

Also, I'm a writer who's trying to find a literary agent so he/she can submit a children's book I wrote to big publishers like Harper Collins Or Penguin Random House, so when and if I ever get published I really won't know who 99.9% of my readers will or what their genders are, same with my films, (I also make films and am going to do a double major in college between creative writing and filmmaking and minoring in music) so I really can't pick and choose who my readers are

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 week 3 days ago #90860

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 617
Mp137 wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:

People, especially Christians, shouldn’t exclude others just because they feel like they will be judged by those they are excluding
You are correct.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 3 days 9 minutes ago #90964

• arappette
  • Pathfinders TLT -- GuideCyberClub Teen Mod
  • Thank you received: 21
Being Gay is not OK. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the church. The problem is that to be a Adventist they must understand and recognize that being gay is wrong and that they must work with God to fight what they are struggling with. If they think being Gay is not a sin, then they should not be in the church as they are not seeking repentance.
My website (-: Don't go to it on the Sabbath please
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower, oceangirl15

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 day 4 hours ago #91035

• TomTom
  • NOW ONLINE
arappette wrote:
Being Gay is not OK. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the church. The problem is that to be a Adventist they must understand and recognize that being gay is wrong and that they must work with God to fight what they are struggling with. If they think being Gay is not a sin, then they should not be in the church as they are not seeking repentance.

Well said.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 day 3 hours ago #91042

• Etuc3
  • Jesus is my best freind
  • Thank you received: 37
SRNitro wrote:
SRNitro, Sin is Sin. They are not different degrees in sin ya know. Different degrees of sin is a catholic thing where they paid different amounts of money for different sins
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds