• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 481
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
We shouldn’t discriminate against homosexuals and let them have their own groups. It’s not limke we support them or anything. That’s like saying if I made videos on ISIS on YouTube and then making YouTube responsible for my videos. Oh wait, YouTube is getting rid and trying to block channels who speak of controversial topics to push the advertisers’ agenda. Well then all I’m saying is don’t turn into YouTube and let people be people. I’m going to say right here and right now that homosexuality is a very small sin and sins have degrees. We wouldn’t ban people from the church who have lied multiple times but if we banned homosexuality that would show that something that isn’t controllable is worse than something that is. This mentality that God will save liars and cheaters but not homosexuals is stupid to me.

And when I said gays can come to church, I didn't mean they shouldn't stay gay. They should be expected to change if they're gonna become Christian. I believe as come as you are but don't stay as you are. Let Christ change and and no one else. And again: I. Don't. Hate. Gays.

I think it should apply to those who just have support groups too.

Well I think quirky made a good point: are these support groups for people who want to quit or are they openly encouraging people to be and remain gay?
Freedom of speech in church please. If they're not harming anybody then who cares. Why should we care if some harmless group of people talk about something we disagree with. They're no hurting a fly. Maybe they're triggering traditional Christians but that's their fault for being such snobs about it.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 1 week ago #88486

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
Kwesi wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Well are these support groups in place to encourage homosexuals in their lifestyle or are they there to help those who are desiring to be delivered from that lifestyle? Obviously of it is the latter then there isn't anything wrong with the support group. Its all about what they are supporting.
But is it wrong to be gay? :dry:
Of course it is wrong to be gay, The bible said Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve
The Bible also said, "Kill the gays! Let's all rise and raise our 'Make America Great Again' signs!" I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere don't remember though.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 1 week ago #88487

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
Mrphie wrote:
Were the support groups created/established by the colleges or by the students? I think whether or not these groups should be kept/allowed depends largely on that since homosexuality isn't something supported by the Adventist church, (and thus probably shouldn't be supported by Adventist institutions.) If they're student led then I think that it kind of is what it is. Not everyone at these colleges is going to have the same opinions and beliefs as the church does in general, and knowing that, I don't think that it's fair to keep them from making certain types of groups and clubs just because they go against the majority's beliefs. (I mean unless of course they're dangerous or something but that doesn't seem to be the case here.)
"HONESTLY NO! I DONT CARE IF THEY ARENT HARMNING ANYONE! KICK THEM OUT!!!! THEY DONT DESRVE TO BE THERE! HOW DARE THEY NOT HARM ANYBODY AND DISCUSS DIFFERENT OPINIONS FROM MINE ON THEIR OWN TIME!" I think this verse was in 1 Timothy I believe?

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 1 week ago #88492

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3133
SRNitro wrote:
Mrphie wrote:
Were the support groups created/established by the colleges or by the students? I think whether or not these groups should be kept/allowed depends largely on that since homosexuality isn't something supported by the Adventist church, (and thus probably shouldn't be supported by Adventist institutions.) If they're student led then I think that it kind of is what it is. Not everyone at these colleges is going to have the same opinions and beliefs as the church does in general, and knowing that, I don't think that it's fair to keep them from making certain types of groups and clubs just because they go against the majority's beliefs. (I mean unless of course they're dangerous or something but that doesn't seem to be the case here.)
"HONESTLY NO! I DONT CARE IF THEY ARENT HARMNING ANYONE! KICK THEM OUT!!!! THEY DONT DESRVE TO BE THERE! HOW DARE THEY NOT HARM ANYBODY AND DISCUSS DIFFERENT OPINIONS FROM MINE ON THEIR OWN TIME!" I think this verse was in 1 Timothy I believe?

K, I didn't get that one...
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 1 week ago #88555

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 564
SRNitro, everyone else is talking about whether or not the support groups are encouraging homosexuality. Nobody said ANYTHING about banning gays or taking away free speech. That was all you.

(FYI, homosexuality isn’t a small sin: c.f. Leviticus 18:22)
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, bush possum, horsegirl04

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 6 days ago #88591

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
SRNitro, everyone else is talking about whether or not the support groups are encouraging homosexuality. Nobody said ANYTHING about banning gays or taking away free speech. That was all you.

Oh my bad.

Well then yes those support groups usually do support homosexuality.

I thought it was implied that people didn´t want this to be done at an Adventist college, like for the college to stop the support group, but I guess I was wrong.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 6 days ago #88634

Wait, now I'm confused.
Like, do you think gays won't be in heaven :unsure:

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 5 days ago #88660

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
LolingforJesus wrote:
Wait, now I'm confused.

Who are you talking to?

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 5 days ago #88682

LolingforJesus wrote:
Wait, now I'm confused.

If they won't repent of their sin, they will not go to Heaven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04, LolingforJesus

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 5 days ago #88687

Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Wait, now I'm confused.

Who are you talking to?
humans mainly

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 4 days ago #88714

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Wait, now I'm confused.

Who are you talking to?
humans mainly

Oh, ok. 'Cause I have a few of my pet chickens here who wanted to have a say in this conversation

*To the chickens* Sorry guys, LolingforJesus said only humans could reply. :dry:

Lol, all seriousness aside (I don't understand that phrase), if you are taking part in homosexual practices and refuse to repent and turn from that sin, then you forfeit your place in heaven. Just like if you lie, or steal, or covet, or practice any other sin, refusing to repent, you are choosing to give up your place in heaven. Is it impossible for those living a homosexual lifestyle to be saved? Of course not! They have just as much of a chance as the rest of us sinners!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 4 days ago #88727

Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Wait, now I'm confused.

Who are you talking to?
humans mainly

Oh, ok. 'Cause I have a few of my pet chickens here who wanted to have a say in this conversation

*To the chickens* Sorry guys, LolingforJesus said only humans could reply. :dry:

Lol, all seriousness aside (I don't understand that phrase), if you are taking part in homosexual practices and refuse to repent and turn from that sin, then you forfeit your place in heaven. Just like if you lie, or steal, or covet, or practice any other sin, refusing to repent, you are choosing to give up your place in heaven. Is it impossible for those living a homosexual lifestyle to be saved? Of course not! They have just as much of a chance as the rest of us sinners!
Yeah, I guess you're right. God made men and women to be with each other.
P.S. I've always heard that phrase (all seriousness aside), but I've always heard it said like this: all joking aside. Also, sorry pet chickens. I'm sure they had a lot of ogod advice so give me :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 4 days ago #88738

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Wait, now I'm confused.

Who are you talking to?
humans mainly

Yeah, I guess you're right. God made men and women to be with each other.
P.S. I've always heard that phrase (all seriousness aside), but I've always heard it said like this: all joking aside. Also, sorry pet chickens. I'm sure they had a lot of ogod advice so give me :P

You have no idea. I've got some pretty wise chickens B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 3 days ago #88776

• TomTom
  • Thank you received: 196
Mp137 wrote:
LGBTQ groups gets the schools more money. It’s a money thing

Yeah. Anything to bring new students in rather than posing them.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 3 days ago #88778

• TomTom
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
Funny you wrote this. Because today, in Australia, gay marriage has officially been made legal. Back on topic, it depends on what that group is doing. Are they helping these people to convert, or are they encouraging unrepentant sin?

My guess It would be the latter, from what I've heard.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 3 days ago #88780

• TomTom
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
We shouldn’t discriminate against homosexuals and let them have their own groups. It’s not limke we support them or anything. That’s like saying if I made videos on ISIS on YouTube and then making YouTube responsible for my videos. Oh wait, YouTube is getting rid and trying to block channels who speak of controversial topics to push the advertisers’ agenda. Well then all I’m saying is don’t turn into YouTube and let people be people. I’m going to say right here and right now that homosexuality is a very small sin and sins have degrees. We wouldn’t ban people from the church who have lied multiple times but if we banned homosexuality that would show that something that isn’t controllable is worse than something that is. This mentality that God will save liars and cheaters but not homosexuals is stupid to me.

And when I said gays can come to church, I didn't mean they shouldn't stay gay. They should be expected to change if they're gonna become Christian. I believe as come as you are but don't stay as you are. Let Christ change and and no one else. And again: I. Don't. Hate. Gays.

I think it should apply to those who just have support groups too.

Well I think quirky made a good point: are these support groups for people who want to quit or are they openly encouraging people to be and remain gay?
Freedom of speech in church please. If they're not harming anybody then who cares. Why should we care if some harmless group of people talk about something we disagree with. They're no hurting a fly. Maybe they're triggering traditional Christians but that's their fault for being such snobs about it.

But it's not something that should be in our church. It's not Christian. And we do have freedom of speech in church.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 3 days ago #88790

• TomTom
Also, to all mods: sincerely apologize if this is becoming political at all. That wasn't my intention, not was it my intention to get all angry. Yes, I was upset when I started this, but I never meant to start yelling at people.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 3 days ago #88791

• TomTom
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Well are these support groups in place to encourage homosexuals in their lifestyle or are they there to help those who are desiring to be delivered from that lifestyle? Obviously of it is the latter then there isn't anything wrong with the support group. Its all about what they are supporting.
But is it wrong to be gay? :dry:
Of course it is wrong to be gay, The bible said Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

Hey, for anything insulting I said, if it gets posted, I'm sorry. I'm. Better than that. And so are you. We need to understand that everybody has different opinions, and that we don't need to insult other people for that, including here on guide. And that goes for everybody. There's no need to go on these rampages, and I'm talking about myself here too. What do you say? Agree to disagree and be civil about it?

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 3 days ago #88803

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Wait, now I'm confused.

Who are you talking to?
humans mainly

I agree with you but I’m not going to say anything not just because you hit the same points I thought of but also because people will get triggered because I’M the one posting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 3 days ago #88815

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1166
TomTom wrote:
Also, to all mods: sincerely apologize if this is becoming political at all. That wasn't my intention, not was it my intention to get all angry. Yes, I was upset when I started this, but I never meant to start yelling at people.
Would you like to reword those posts then? Cos if you want to rewrite them, I'll delete them, and you can start over with a cool head :)
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 3 days ago #88825

• TomTom
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
Would you like to reword those posts then? Cos if you want to rewrite them, I'll delete them, and you can start over with a cool head :)

Thanks I appreciate it. The main one I was concerned about was this long rant I went on and IDK if that was ever posted, which I would appreciate it if it wasn't. I'll probably go back and look at my other posts.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 1 month 10 hours ago #88994

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 564
SRNitro wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:

Oh my bad.

Well then yes those support groups usually do support homosexuality.

I thought it was implied that people didn´t want this to be done at an Adventist college, like for the college to stop the support group, but I guess I was wrong.
I really respect you for acknowledging yourself like that. I am bad at admitting a mistake, which is one reason that I tend to remain neutral.
That’s the tricky thing about the internet; tone of voice and visual cues aren’t present, so it’s harder to interpret implied things. What you think they are implying can be swayed but your own opinion about the topic and about them, and you could misinterpret them. It’s possible that they were implying that people wanted to stop the groups, but no one had yet said it explicitly. I have concluded from my own experience that you cannot know for sure what a person’s opinion is until they say it out loud. If you assume they disagree with you when they don’t, you can start arguing even though you have the same opinion (it happens to me a lot, and I’m sure it happens to most people) I get people to express their opinions by asking questions, and once I’m clear on their stance I decide whether or not I agree with them.
This approach is tailored specifically to my personality, but I shared it anyway because I thought it would help explain my opinion about debating online. I’m not trying to force my own method on you, but perhaps this would prevent at least a few arguments in the future.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 4 weeks 1 day ago #89098

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
SRNitro wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Wait, now I'm confused.

Who are you talking to?
humans mainly

I agree with you but I’m not going to say anything not just because you hit the same points I thought of but also because people will get triggered because I’M the one posting.

Gasp! You agree with me one something?! :woohoo: I am so honored :lol:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds