Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LGBT's in the Adventist church?

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88344

  • TomTom
  • TomTom's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 448
  • Thank you received: 200
So what's this I hear of Loma Linda and Andrew's university having LGBT support groups. And why isn't the NAD doing anything about it? Now, because I know that people will say I'm homophobic, I don't hate gays. I'm just saying as a church we shouldn't condone what Andrew's and Loma Linda are doing. But hey, if they keep this up they can start their own Glee T.V. show(s).
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by TomTom.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88350

tbh i'm pretty conflicted about it too. Ik so many good gay ppl but at the same time, will they be saved? I just don't know :(
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88356

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 941
  • Thank you received: 653
Maybe they're accepting them so that maybe later on, they can be converted or changed. Idk, just a thought.
GOD 1st.
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
˗ˏˋI'm a day dreamer and a night thinkerˊˎ˗

too lazy to have a fancy signature aha;;
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88358

  • TomTom
  • TomTom's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 448
  • Thank you received: 200
LolingforJesus wrote:
tbh i'm pretty conflicted about it too. Ik so many good gay ppl but at the same time, will they be saved? I just don't know :(

Ikr? It's so sad.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88360

TravelPastel wrote:
Maybe they're accepting them so that maybe later on, they can be converted or changed. Idk, just a thought.
totally off topic but i love ur profile pic!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88361

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 741
  • Thank you received: 495
We shouldn’t discriminate against homosexuals and let them have their own groups. It’s not limke we support them or anything. That’s like saying if I made videos on ISIS on YouTube and then making YouTube responsible for my videos. Oh wait, YouTube is getting rid and trying to block channels who speak of controversial topics to push the advertisers’ agenda. Well then all I’m saying is don’t turn into YouTube and let people be people. I’m going to say right here and right now that homosexuality is a very small sin and sins have degrees. We wouldn’t ban people from the church who have lied multiple times but if we banned homosexuality that would show that something that isn’t controllable is worse than something that is. This mentality that God will save liars and cheaters but not homosexuals is stupid to me.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88364

  • jGod8865
  • jGod8865's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Pollo y Papa Frita Philippians 4:13-
  • Posts: 696
  • Thank you received: 225
Yeah my pathfinder soup talked about this a little a couple weeks ago. I don't think what Andrews and Loma Linda are doing is right. If they are welcoming them to try to help change them than it's fine but they'd have to know that everyone might not change.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88378

  • TomTom
  • TomTom's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 448
  • Thank you received: 200
jGod8865 wrote:
Yeah my pathfinder soup talked about this a little a couple weeks ago. I don't think what Andrews and Loma Linda are doing is right. If they are welcoming them to try to help change them than it's fine but they'd have to know that everyone might not change.

I understand what you're saying. And your pathfinder group has soup?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LEMONwizard

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88379

  • TomTom
  • TomTom's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 448
  • Thank you received: 200
SRNitro wrote:
We shouldn’t discriminate against homosexuals and let them have their own groups. It’s not limke we support them or anything. That’s like saying if I made videos on ISIS on YouTube and then making YouTube responsible for my videos. Oh wait, YouTube is getting rid and trying to block channels who speak of controversial topics to push the advertisers’ agenda. Well then all I’m saying is don’t turn into YouTube and let people be people. I’m going to say right here and right now that homosexuality is a very small sin and sins have degrees. We wouldn’t ban people from the church who have lied multiple times but if we banned homosexuality that would show that something that isn’t controllable is worse than something that is. This mentality that God will save liars and cheaters but not homosexuals is stupid to me.

I'm not saying we should ban gays from the church. I'm saying that the SDA colleges shouldn't have LGBT support groups. Gays are welcome to come to church.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, horsegirl04

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88382

  • TomTom
  • TomTom's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 448
  • Thank you received: 200
SRNitro wrote:
We shouldn’t discriminate against homosexuals and let them have their own groups. It’s not limke we support them or anything. That’s like saying if I made videos on ISIS on YouTube and then making YouTube responsible for my videos. Oh wait, YouTube is getting rid and trying to block channels who speak of controversial topics to push the advertisers’ agenda. Well then all I’m saying is don’t turn into YouTube and let people be people. I’m going to say right here and right now that homosexuality is a very small sin and sins have degrees. We wouldn’t ban people from the church who have lied multiple times but if we banned homosexuality that would show that something that isn’t controllable is worse than something that is. This mentality that God will save liars and cheaters but not homosexuals is stupid to me.

And when I said gays can come to church, I didn't mean they shouldn't stay gay. They should be expected to change if they're gonna become Christian. I believe as come as you are but don't stay as you are. Let Christ change and and no one else. And again: I. Don't. Hate. Gays.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, bush possum, horsegirl04

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88386

  • jGod8865
  • jGod8865's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Pollo y Papa Frita Philippians 4:13-
  • Posts: 696
  • Thank you received: 225
TomTom wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
Yeah my pathfinder soup talked about this a little a couple weeks ago. I don't think what Andrews and Loma Linda are doing is right. If they are welcoming them to try to help change them than it's fine but they'd have to know that everyone might not change.

I understand what you're saying. And your pathfinder group has soup?

LOl!! :cheer: :cheer:

I was typing so fast I meant group but we do have some good soup
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LEMONwizard

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88389

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 741
  • Thank you received: 495
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
We shouldn’t discriminate against homosexuals and let them have their own groups. It’s not limke we support them or anything. That’s like saying if I made videos on ISIS on YouTube and then making YouTube responsible for my videos. Oh wait, YouTube is getting rid and trying to block channels who speak of controversial topics to push the advertisers’ agenda. Well then all I’m saying is don’t turn into YouTube and let people be people. I’m going to say right here and right now that homosexuality is a very small sin and sins have degrees. We wouldn’t ban people from the church who have lied multiple times but if we banned homosexuality that would show that something that isn’t controllable is worse than something that is. This mentality that God will save liars and cheaters but not homosexuals is stupid to me.

And when I said gays can come to church, I didn't mean they shouldn't stay gay. They should be expected to change if they're gonna become Christian. I believe as come as you are but don't stay as you are. Let Christ change and and no one else. And again: I. Don't. Hate. Gays.

I think it should apply to those who just have support groups too.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88413

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3970
  • Thank you received: 3191
Well are these support groups in place to encourage homosexuals in their lifestyle or are they there to help those who are desiring to be delivered from that lifestyle? Obviously of it is the latter then there isn't anything wrong with the support group. Its all about what they are supporting.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88421

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 1214
  • Thank you received: 456
What kind of support group is it?

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88435

  • TomTom
  • TomTom's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 448
  • Thank you received: 200
jGod8865 wrote:
TomTom wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
Yeah my pathfinder soup talked about this a little a couple weeks ago. I don't think what Andrews and Loma Linda are doing is right. If they are welcoming them to try to help change them than it's fine but they'd have to know that everyone might not change.

I understand what you're saying. And your pathfinder group has soup?

LOl!! :cheer: :cheer:

I was typing so fast I meant group but we do have some good soup

Hah I figured.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88436

  • TomTom
  • TomTom's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 448
  • Thank you received: 200
horsegirl04 wrote:
What kind of support group is it?

LGBT (a.k.a. gay).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88437

  • TomTom
  • TomTom's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 448
  • Thank you received: 200
SRNitro wrote:
TomTom wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
We shouldn’t discriminate against homosexuals and let them have their own groups. It’s not limke we support them or anything. That’s like saying if I made videos on ISIS on YouTube and then making YouTube responsible for my videos. Oh wait, YouTube is getting rid and trying to block channels who speak of controversial topics to push the advertisers’ agenda. Well then all I’m saying is don’t turn into YouTube and let people be people. I’m going to say right here and right now that homosexuality is a very small sin and sins have degrees. We wouldn’t ban people from the church who have lied multiple times but if we banned homosexuality that would show that something that isn’t controllable is worse than something that is. This mentality that God will save liars and cheaters but not homosexuals is stupid to me.

And when I said gays can come to church, I didn't mean they shouldn't stay gay. They should be expected to change if they're gonna become Christian. I believe as come as you are but don't stay as you are. Let Christ change and and no one else. And again: I. Don't. Hate. Gays.

I think it should apply to those who just have support groups too.

Well I think quirky made a good point: are these support groups for people who want to quit or are they openly encouraging people to be and remain gay?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88446

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2238
  • Thank you received: 2015
LGBTQ groups gets the schools more money. It’s a money thing
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 2 weeks ago #88447

Funny you wrote this. Because today, in Australia, gay marriage has officially been made legal. Back on topic, it depends on what that group is doing. Are they helping these people to convert, or are they encouraging unrepentant sin?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, sunnyside1, horsegirl04

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 1 week ago #88450

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 1214
  • Thank you received: 456
TomTom wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
What kind of support group is it?

LGBT (a.k.a. gay).
no, what are they doing in the support group, what is it for?

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 1 week ago #88462

Quirky wrote:
Well are these support groups in place to encourage homosexuals in their lifestyle or are they there to help those who are desiring to be delivered from that lifestyle? Obviously of it is the latter then there isn't anything wrong with the support group. Its all about what they are supporting.
But is it wrong to be gay? :dry:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 1 week ago #88463

  • Kwesi
  • Kwesi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Posts: 777
  • Thank you received: 1403
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Well are these support groups in place to encourage homosexuals in their lifestyle or are they there to help those who are desiring to be delivered from that lifestyle? Obviously of it is the latter then there isn't anything wrong with the support group. Its all about what they are supporting.
But is it wrong to be gay? :dry:
Of course it is wrong to be gay, The bible said Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve
Life is too short for petty games and argument.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro, LolingforJesus

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 1 week ago #88464

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 1023
  • Thank you received: 1215
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Well are these support groups in place to encourage homosexuals in their lifestyle or are they there to help those who are desiring to be delivered from that lifestyle? Obviously of it is the latter then there isn't anything wrong with the support group. Its all about what they are supporting.
But is it wrong to be gay? :dry:
guidemagazine.org/index.php/forum/8-god-...-born-that-way#80192

Maybe have a read through this?
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 1 week ago #88465

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3970
  • Thank you received: 3191
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Well are these support groups in place to encourage homosexuals in their lifestyle or are they there to help those who are desiring to be delivered from that lifestyle? Obviously of it is the latter then there isn't anything wrong with the support group. Its all about what they are supporting.
But is it wrong to be gay? :dry:

Its wrong to practice homosexual behavior

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus

LGBT's in the Adventist church? 2 months 1 week ago #88467

  • Mrphie
  • Mrphie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Maybe the fingerguns were a little extra....
  • Posts: 92
  • Thank you received: 46
Were the support groups created/established by the colleges or by the students? I think whether or not these groups should be kept/allowed depends largely on that since homosexuality isn't something supported by the Adventist church, (and thus probably shouldn't be supported by Adventist institutions.) If they're student led then I think that it kind of is what it is. Not everyone at these colleges is going to have the same opinions and beliefs as the church does in general, and knowing that, I don't think that it's fair to keep them from making certain types of groups and clubs just because they go against the majority's beliefs. (I mean unless of course they're dangerous or something but that doesn't seem to be the case here.)

Anybody on this site play lacrosse? Or at least like it?
What about cats? Horses? Lasagna?
Anybody?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro, LolingforJesus
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds