Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kneeling

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85411

For those of you who have either been watching the news or have been watching the NFL, you may know that a lot of NFL players are protesting by kneeling or linking arms during the national anthem at the start of the game. They have been criticized by President Trump and Trump made comments saying those who protest should be fired.

What are your thoughts about this? Keep this civil.

~MK
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85419

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
Trump, in my opinion, is doing something extremely wrong here, and I usually side with Trump on things. I don't think what the NFL players is correct but I don't see why we should force people to sing the national anthem. I thought this was America with free speech and the right to have an opinion. They should have the right to disagree. There is an exception and that's when you hurt others through your opinions but kneeling down ain't even hurting a fly. Unless the fly was under your knee... But that's unimportant.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Going4God, Stverno

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85423

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 825
  • Thank you received: 991
SRNitro wrote:
Trump, in my opinion, is doing something extremely wrong here, and I usually side with Trump on things. I don't think what the NFL players is correct but I don't see why we should force people to sing the national anthem. I thought this was America with free speech and the right to have an opinion. They should have the right to disagree. There is an exception and that's when you hurt others through your opinions but kneeling down ain't even hurting a fly. Unless the fly was under your knee... But that's unimportant.

I agree. Though I believe that the football dudes need to respect our country, I also believe that America is a country of free speech.


However, if the NFL or whatever is associated with the government, then the football dudes should stand as government employees. Or, if the NFL say in some humongous contract that all football dudes have to kneel, then they should kneel.


I know nothing about football.



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Stverno.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85426

  • jGod8865
  • jGod8865's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Pollo y Papa Frita
  • Posts: 518
  • Thank you received: 183
I personally LOVE football (American)

I think that it is okay for the NFL players to take a knee during the anthem if they fully understand what they are protesting. If they are doing it just because they see other players on their team doing it, I think then at that point it is wrong.


But then they have to remember all the soldiers who fight and give their lives for this country. We have no idea how much the anthem means to them. And then if they watch TV and see that most of the players on their favorite teams are kneeling down and disrespecting their country like that.... :pinch: The country that their friends have died for or that they might have died for. They are probably thinking was it worth it loosing my legs, arms, family, job, sanity, sleep, friend just so they can disrespect our country like that.


20180973_664163093783010_3452364394074210304_n.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jesusROCKS1234, horsegirl04

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85427

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
Kwesi wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Trump, in my opinion, is doing something extremely wrong here, and I usually side with Trump on things. I don't think what the NFL players is correct but I don't see why we should force people to sing the national anthem. I thought this was America with free speech and the right to have an opinion. They should have the right to disagree. There is an exception and that's when you hurt others through your opinions but kneeling down ain't even hurting a fly. Unless the fly was under your knee... But that's unimportant.

I agree. Though I believe that the football dudes need to respect our country, I also believe that America is a country of free speech.


However, if the NFL or whatever is associated with the government, then the football dudes should stand as government employees. Or, if the NFL say in some humongous contract that all football dudes have to kneel, then they should kneel.


I know nothing about football.

If the country wants respect then they need to give respect, before they can expect respect from NFL players. It is a free country and after years of White ppl treating Blacks like trash and they do not want to stand up to the national anthem but kneel, I think that is pretty acceptable

#TakeAKnee #Take2Knees

I don't think you can compare our country and some small controversial killings and the past country where we treated black people as if they were trash. That's crazy. That's like saying I can disrespect Egypt if I lived there because years ago they held the Jews as slaves.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85433

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3850
  • Thank you received: 3087
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Trump, in my opinion, is doing something extremely wrong here, and I usually side with Trump on things. I don't think what the NFL players is correct but I don't see why we should force people to sing the national anthem. I thought this was America with free speech and the right to have an opinion. They should have the right to disagree. There is an exception and that's when you hurt others through your opinions but kneeling down ain't even hurting a fly. Unless the fly was under your knee... But that's unimportant.

I agree. Though I believe that the football dudes need to respect our country, I also believe that America is a country of free speech.


However, if the NFL or whatever is associated with the government, then the football dudes should stand as government employees. Or, if the NFL say in some humongous contract that all football dudes have to kneel, then they should kneel.


I know nothing about football.

If the country wants respect then they need to give respect, before they can expect respect from NFL players. It is a free country and after years of White ppl treating Blacks like trash and they do not want to stand up to the national anthem but kneel, I think that is pretty acceptable

#TakeAKnee #Take2Knees

I don't think you can compare our country and some small controversial killings and the past country where we treated black people as if they were trash. That's crazy. That's like saying I can disrespect Egypt if I lived there because years ago they held the Jews as slaves.
'1 live lost is one too many'

*life

:whistle:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, Kwesi

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85447

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
Kwesi wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Trump, in my opinion, is doing something extremely wrong here, and I usually side with Trump on things. I don't think what the NFL players is correct but I don't see why we should force people to sing the national anthem. I thought this was America with free speech and the right to have an opinion. They should have the right to disagree. There is an exception and that's when you hurt others through your opinions but kneeling down ain't even hurting a fly. Unless the fly was under your knee... But that's unimportant.

I agree. Though I believe that the football dudes need to respect our country, I also believe that America is a country of free speech.


However, if the NFL or whatever is associated with the government, then the football dudes should stand as government employees. Or, if the NFL say in some humongous contract that all football dudes have to kneel, then they should kneel.


I know nothing about football.

If the country wants respect then they need to give respect, before they can expect respect from NFL players. It is a free country and after years of White ppl treating Blacks like trash and they do not want to stand up to the national anthem but kneel, I think that is pretty acceptable

#TakeAKnee #Take2Knees

I don't think you can compare our country and some small controversial killings and the past country where we treated black people as if they were trash. That's crazy. That's like saying I can disrespect Egypt if I lived there because years ago they held the Jews as slaves.
'1 live lost is one too many'
The thing is that black ppl still are disrespected. I ain't going to put my hand on my chest for a country that disrespects ppl based on skin color
How exactly do we still disrespect black people? Also, yes lives were lost years ago but you can't blame people (the white people who accept black people) for stuff their ancestors did. We don't disrespect black people anymore by the way it's gone now.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85454

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 825
  • Thank you received: 991
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Trump, in my opinion, is doing something extremely wrong here, and I usually side with Trump on things. I don't think what the NFL players is correct but I don't see why we should force people to sing the national anthem. I thought this was America with free speech and the right to have an opinion. They should have the right to disagree. There is an exception and that's when you hurt others through your opinions but kneeling down ain't even hurting a fly. Unless the fly was under your knee... But that's unimportant.

I agree. Though I believe that the football dudes need to respect our country, I also believe that America is a country of free speech.


However, if the NFL or whatever is associated with the government, then the football dudes should stand as government employees. Or, if the NFL say in some humongous contract that all football dudes have to kneel, then they should kneel.


I know nothing about football.

If the country wants respect then they need to give respect, before they can expect respect from NFL players. It is a free country and after years of White ppl treating Blacks like trash and they do not want to stand up to the national anthem but kneel, I think that is pretty acceptable

#TakeAKnee #Take2Knees

I don't think you can compare our country and some small controversial killings and the past country where we treated black people as if they were trash. That's crazy. That's like saying I can disrespect Egypt if I lived there because years ago they held the Jews as slaves.
'1 live lost is one too many'
The thing is that black ppl still are disrespected. I ain't going to put my hand on my chest for a country that disrespects ppl based on skin color
How exactly do we still disrespect black people? Also, yes lives were lost years ago but you can't blame people (the white people who accept black people) for stuff their ancestors did. We don't disrespect black people anymore by the way it's gone now.

"Get that son of a bleep off the field right now, out, he's fired. He's fired,'" Trump said. "You know, some owner is going to do that. He's going to say, 'That guy that disrespects our flag, he's fired.' And that owner, they don't know it [but] they'll be the most popular person in this country."
70 % of NFL are Black men

And when they kneel down to protest Black ppl killed by the cops
And Trump says that
I will say that is disrespectful.
He had free speech when he made that statement
So he should allow Black ppl to exercise their right to protest


Allow me to make my position clear. Racism is a big problem nowadays. It was 150 years ago, and it still is. I don't agree with President Trump, I don't believe he should be pressuring companies to fire employees because they offended him.

I also believe the football dudes have the right to protest.

But, as someone with ties to military families, I kinda wish they would express their unhappiness in other ways.



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85455

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Trump, in my opinion, is doing something extremely wrong here, and I usually side with Trump on things. I don't think what the NFL players is correct but I don't see why we should force people to sing the national anthem. I thought this was America with free speech and the right to have an opinion. They should have the right to disagree. There is an exception and that's when you hurt others through your opinions but kneeling down ain't even hurting a fly. Unless the fly was under your knee... But that's unimportant.

I agree. Though I believe that the football dudes need to respect our country, I also believe that America is a country of free speech.


However, if the NFL or whatever is associated with the government, then the football dudes should stand as government employees. Or, if the NFL say in some humongous contract that all football dudes have to kneel, then they should kneel.


I know nothing about football.

If the country wants respect then they need to give respect, before they can expect respect from NFL players. It is a free country and after years of White ppl treating Blacks like trash and they do not want to stand up to the national anthem but kneel, I think that is pretty acceptable

#TakeAKnee #Take2Knees

I don't think you can compare our country and some small controversial killings and the past country where we treated black people as if they were trash. That's crazy. That's like saying I can disrespect Egypt if I lived there because years ago they held the Jews as slaves.
'1 live lost is one too many'
The thing is that black ppl still are disrespected. I ain't going to put my hand on my chest for a country that disrespects ppl based on skin color
How exactly do we still disrespect black people? Also, yes lives were lost years ago but you can't blame people (the white people who accept black people) for stuff their ancestors did. We don't disrespect black people anymore by the way it's gone now.

"Get that son of a bleep off the field right now, out, he's fired. He's fired,'" Trump said. "You know, some owner is going to do that. He's going to say, 'That guy that disrespects our flag, he's fired.' And that owner, they don't know it [but] they'll be the most popular person in this country."
70 % of NFL are Black men

And when they kneel down to protest Black ppl killed by the cops
And Trump says that
I will say that is disrespectful.
He had free speech when he made that statement
So he should allow Black ppl to exercise their right to protest
It's not that their black Trump is targeting them because they disrespect the flag obviously as he said. I don't know what this is: "And when they kneel down to protest Black ppl killed by the cops and Trump says that I will say that is disrespectful," so I can't say anything on that. Again on the "So he should allow Black ppl to exercise their right to protest," they are disrespecting the flag and that's what he's disappointed in he's not mad that they're black. Also when was Trump all of America?
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85467

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Trump, in my opinion, is doing something extremely wrong here, and I usually side with Trump on things. I don't think what the NFL players is correct but I don't see why we should force people to sing the national anthem. I thought this was America with free speech and the right to have an opinion. They should have the right to disagree. There is an exception and that's when you hurt others through your opinions but kneeling down ain't even hurting a fly. Unless the fly was under your knee... But that's unimportant.

I agree. Though I believe that the football dudes need to respect our country, I also believe that America is a country of free speech.


However, if the NFL or whatever is associated with the government, then the football dudes should stand as government employees. Or, if the NFL say in some humongous contract that all football dudes have to kneel, then they should kneel.


I know nothing about football.

If the country wants respect then they need to give respect, before they can expect respect from NFL players. It is a free country and after years of White ppl treating Blacks like trash and they do not want to stand up to the national anthem but kneel, I think that is pretty acceptable

#TakeAKnee #Take2Knees

I don't think you can compare our country and some small controversial killings and the past country where we treated black people as if they were trash. That's crazy. That's like saying I can disrespect Egypt if I lived there because years ago they held the Jews as slaves.
'1 live lost is one too many'
The thing is that black ppl still are disrespected. I ain't going to put my hand on my chest for a country that disrespects ppl based on skin color
How exactly do we still disrespect black people? Also, yes lives were lost years ago but you can't blame people (the white people who accept black people) for stuff their ancestors did. We don't disrespect black people anymore by the way it's gone now.

"Get that son of a bleep off the field right now, out, he's fired. He's fired,'" Trump said. "You know, some owner is going to do that. He's going to say, 'That guy that disrespects our flag, he's fired.' And that owner, they don't know it [but] they'll be the most popular person in this country."
70 % of NFL are Black men

And when they kneel down to protest Black ppl killed by the cops
And Trump says that
I will say that is disrespectful.
He had free speech when he made that statement
So he should allow Black ppl to exercise their right to protest
It's not that their black Trump is targeting them because they disrespect the flag obviously as he said. I don't know what this is: "And when they kneel down to protest Black ppl killed by the cops and Trump says that I will say that is disrespectful," so I can't say anything on that. Again on the "So he should allow Black ppl to exercise their right to protest," they are disrespecting the flag and that's what he's disappointed in he's not mad that they're black. Also when was Trump all of America?
It is protesting not disrespecting the flag. I don't believe every thing Trump says. He was disrespecting the country when he used filthy words to describe mostly black ppl who kneel during the anthem. Trump is not all of America, He represents America as in a whole.
Again we see it as disrespecting the flag we're not thinking "Hey that guy's black and he wants rights let's take it away and fire him!" That's not our purpose, you can't just assume our motives. Our motive is to make sure our country is united and that we don't disrespect a whole country that has given us many rights just because there are some tiny problems going around in the police. Now I would understand if we were legit enslaving these people or forcing them in the back of the bus but we're not. Some small amount of policemen killed some black people and that's really all it is. We shouldn't divide our country because of that.
Whether you disagree with me or not you have to realize that we're not racist for thinking that our flag should be respected. You can't assume our racism, our racism has to be proven.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85470

Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Trump, in my opinion, is doing something extremely wrong here, and I usually side with Trump on things. I don't think what the NFL players is correct but I don't see why we should force people to sing the national anthem. I thought this was America with free speech and the right to have an opinion. They should have the right to disagree. There is an exception and that's when you hurt others through your opinions but kneeling down ain't even hurting a fly. Unless the fly was under your knee... But that's unimportant.

I agree. Though I believe that the football dudes need to respect our country, I also believe that America is a country of free speech.


However, if the NFL or whatever is associated with the government, then the football dudes should stand as government employees. Or, if the NFL say in some humongous contract that all football dudes have to kneel, then they should kneel.


I know nothing about football.

If the country wants respect then they need to give respect, before they can expect respect from NFL players. It is a free country and after years of White ppl treating Blacks like trash and they do not want to stand up to the national anthem but kneel, I think that is pretty acceptable

#TakeAKnee #Take2Knees

I don't think you can compare our country and some small controversial killings and the past country where we treated black people as if they were trash. That's crazy. That's like saying I can disrespect Egypt if I lived there because years ago they held the Jews as slaves.
'1 live lost is one too many'
The thing is that black ppl still are disrespected. I ain't going to put my hand on my chest for a country that disrespects ppl based on skin color
How exactly do we still disrespect black people? Also, yes lives were lost years ago but you can't blame people (the white people who accept black people) for stuff their ancestors did. We don't disrespect black people anymore by the way it's gone now.

"Get that son of a bleep off the field right now, out, he's fired. He's fired,'" Trump said. "You know, some owner is going to do that. He's going to say, 'That guy that disrespects our flag, he's fired.' And that owner, they don't know it [but] they'll be the most popular person in this country."
70 % of NFL are Black men

And when they kneel down to protest Black ppl killed by the cops
And Trump says that
I will say that is disrespectful.
He had free speech when he made that statement
So he should allow Black ppl to exercise their right to protest
It's not that their black Trump is targeting them because they disrespect the flag obviously as he said. I don't know what this is: "And when they kneel down to protest Black ppl killed by the cops and Trump says that I will say that is disrespectful," so I can't say anything on that. Again on the "So he should allow Black ppl to exercise their right to protest," they are disrespecting the flag and that's what he's disappointed in he's not mad that they're black. Also when was Trump all of America?
It is protesting not disrespecting the flag. I don't believe every thing Trump says. He was disrespecting the country when he used filthy words to describe mostly black ppl who kneel during the anthem. Trump is not all of America, He represents America as in a whole.
Again we see it as disrespecting the flag we're not thinking "Hey that guy's black and he wants rights let's take it away and fire him!" That's not our purpose, you can't just assume our motives. Our motive is to make sure our country is united and that we don't disrespect a whole country that has given us many rights just because there are some tiny problems going around in the police. Now I would understand if we were legit enslaving these people or forcing them in the back of the bus but we're not. Some small amount of policemen killed some black people and that's really all it is. We shouldn't divide our country because of that.
Whether you disagree with me or not you have to realize that we're not racist for thinking that our flag should be respected. You can't assume our racism, our racism has to be proven.

Ok what if it was your parents or family member that were wrongly killed by cops would you say "Some small amount of policemen killed my family and that's really all it is"
See how that sounds,

All I am just saying is ppl should be able to exercise their riights.

When ISIS kills one man Trump will be upset and talk about we are going to get em back. But when a cop shoots a Black man, then trump dissapears

It ain't a tiny problem it is a big problem
What do you guys think of what the Dallas Cowboys did? Before the anthem was played, they knelt down for 5 seconds, then they stood up and locked arms for the anthem. What do you think about that?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85472

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Trump, in my opinion, is doing something extremely wrong here, and I usually side with Trump on things. I don't think what the NFL players is correct but I don't see why we should force people to sing the national anthem. I thought this was America with free speech and the right to have an opinion. They should have the right to disagree. There is an exception and that's when you hurt others through your opinions but kneeling down ain't even hurting a fly. Unless the fly was under your knee... But that's unimportant.

I agree. Though I believe that the football dudes need to respect our country, I also believe that America is a country of free speech.


However, if the NFL or whatever is associated with the government, then the football dudes should stand as government employees. Or, if the NFL say in some humongous contract that all football dudes have to kneel, then they should kneel.


I know nothing about football.

If the country wants respect then they need to give respect, before they can expect respect from NFL players. It is a free country and after years of White ppl treating Blacks like trash and they do not want to stand up to the national anthem but kneel, I think that is pretty acceptable

#TakeAKnee #Take2Knees

I don't think you can compare our country and some small controversial killings and the past country where we treated black people as if they were trash. That's crazy. That's like saying I can disrespect Egypt if I lived there because years ago they held the Jews as slaves.
'1 live lost is one too many'
The thing is that black ppl still are disrespected. I ain't going to put my hand on my chest for a country that disrespects ppl based on skin color
How exactly do we still disrespect black people? Also, yes lives were lost years ago but you can't blame people (the white people who accept black people) for stuff their ancestors did. We don't disrespect black people anymore by the way it's gone now.

"Get that son of a bleep off the field right now, out, he's fired. He's fired,'" Trump said. "You know, some owner is going to do that. He's going to say, 'That guy that disrespects our flag, he's fired.' And that owner, they don't know it [but] they'll be the most popular person in this country."
70 % of NFL are Black men

And when they kneel down to protest Black ppl killed by the cops
And Trump says that
I will say that is disrespectful.
He had free speech when he made that statement
So he should allow Black ppl to exercise their right to protest
It's not that their black Trump is targeting them because they disrespect the flag obviously as he said. I don't know what this is: "And when they kneel down to protest Black ppl killed by the cops and Trump says that I will say that is disrespectful," so I can't say anything on that. Again on the "So he should allow Black ppl to exercise their right to protest," they are disrespecting the flag and that's what he's disappointed in he's not mad that they're black. Also when was Trump all of America?
It is protesting not disrespecting the flag. I don't believe every thing Trump says. He was disrespecting the country when he used filthy words to describe mostly black ppl who kneel during the anthem. Trump is not all of America, He represents America as in a whole.
Again we see it as disrespecting the flag we're not thinking "Hey that guy's black and he wants rights let's take it away and fire him!" That's not our purpose, you can't just assume our motives. Our motive is to make sure our country is united and that we don't disrespect a whole country that has given us many rights just because there are some tiny problems going around in the police. Now I would understand if we were legit enslaving these people or forcing them in the back of the bus but we're not. Some small amount of policemen killed some black people and that's really all it is. We shouldn't divide our country because of that.
Whether you disagree with me or not you have to realize that we're not racist for thinking that our flag should be respected. You can't assume our racism, our racism has to be proven.

Ok what if it was your parents or family member that were wrongly killed by cops would you say "Some small amount of policemen killed my family and that's really all it is"
See how that sounds,

All I am just saying is ppl should be able to exercise their riights.

When ISIS kills one man Trump will be upset and talk about we are going to get em back. But when a cop shoots a Black man, then trump dissapears

It ain't a tiny problem it is a big problem
The thing is you can't say a whole country is wrong for something one cop did. Not only have you seen how everyone is reacting? Obviously most people aren't racist in this country and everyone is hating on these cops. Personally I'm not educated in what the cops did but I do know that there were some cops where they had the right to kill the guy (who happened to be black). There have been instances when black people have harmed white people (BLM kidnapping) and that doesn't mean we riot against them because most black people thought it was wrong. I do think people should be able to exercise their rights I just don't think they're right. Also people from ISIS all I agreed with the killings that's what's wrong. Mostly all Americans all believe that unlawful killing of people is bad. It's mostly black people because... Well I'm going to say it, don't call me racist for this because I have respect for black people and I like them, but I feel there are more black people brought up with this criminal attitude compared to white people, considering their ratios. It's not that big of a problem on a whole country scale. Sure, I do believe there are some people who still have racism in them but you can't disrespect a whole country and all white people. You can't say America disrespects black people because, obviously you see everyone rioting and getting mad when cops use their guns for a semi-rational reason and people start assuming it's racism. I can't believe people are saying that America is biased of race when it obviously isn't because so many people agree that racism is wrong and everyone is always fighting against it. Makes no sense to me.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85474

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1449
  • Thank you received: 1239
This is really not as complex as you guys are making it out to be. During the 2016 preseason, Colin Kaepernick stopped standing for the National Anthem to protest the extrajudicial (outside of the court system) killing of people of color by police. It was never about the flag, or the national anthem.

This upset American conservatives, who felt that it was disrespectful to the armed forces to protest during the national anthem because "soldiers died for the flag", that Kaepernick's protest was the wrong way to protest, that athletes should focus only on sports, that Kaepernick's wealth protected him from being a victim of racism, and most ridiculously of all, that anti-Black racism no longer existed in America.

Of course, all of these reasons are ridiculous. By protesting during the national anthem, Kaepernick was using the same rights the armed forces continue to fight for. Soldiers don't pledge to protect the flag, they pledge to protect the constitution, and most veterans are in favor of Kaepernick's decision to kneel.

There is no "right way" to protest. The nonviolent protests of the 1950s and '60s were criticized as well, but are now remembered by history as changing the country for the better.

The idea that athletes should only focus on sports is also ridiculous. When they aren't competing, athletes still have to live in the same world we do, which qualifies them to speak out on what they decide is necessary. The same people telling athletes to stick to sports, or actors to stick to acting, or singers to singing, are the ones who voted for a reality-tv star to become President of the United States. Muhammad Ali is an excellent example of an athlete and activist. Ali refused to serve in the Vietnam War, and criticized for it by the media. Now, Ali is remembered for his willingness to stand for what he believed in.

Even more ridiculous is the idea that Kaepernick being wealthy protected him from being a victim of racism. Wealth didn't keep Michael Bennett from being brutalized by police in Las Vegas, Wealth didn't keep racists from spray-painting racial slurs on the home of NBA star LeBron James, wealth didn't keep the NYPD from breaking the leg of Thabo Sefolosha and then lying about his behavior, and wealth didn't keep racists from lynching effigies of Barack Obama, or calling him a monkey, or many other racial epithets.

The idea that anti-black racism in America no longer existed, or even racism in general was the most ridiculous argument of all. As recently as last month, we watched white supremacists march into Charlottesville, Virginia, chanting slogans such as "Jews will not replace us," "We will not be replaced" and "Sig heil", a slogan used by German Nazis at political rallies. We watched as these white supremacists assaulted black counter-protesters, and watched as they killed a woman who stood against their message. We watched as the president called these white supremacists "very fine people" despite their refusal to accept the changing racial and cultural makeup of America, and still people claim that racism no longer exists.

Everything came to a head when at a rally in Huntsville, Alabama, Trump made a comment where he stated that players who disrespect the flag should be fired, and disrespectfully referred to the players. This was the strongest language this president has ever used, but he didn't use it for white supremacists who killed a woman in Virgina, or police officers who were caught doing the wrong thing, He used it on football players engaging in a harmless political protest.

At the core of it, for a person to say "it isn't the right way to protest" or "we need to focus on unity, not division", or quote civil rights icon Martin Luther King out of context is to rationalize their discomfort with people protesting, and to rid themselves of any guilt they feel.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid, SkeleBoy10, Kwesi, horsegirl04, Mrphie

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85478

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
InspiredThinker wrote:
This is really not as complex as you guys are making it out to be. During the 2016 preseason, Colin Kaepernick stopped standing for the National Anthem to protest the extrajudicial (outside of the court system) killing of people of color by police. It was never about the flag, or the national anthem.

This upset American conservatives, who felt that it was disrespectful to the armed forces to protest during the national anthem because "soldiers died for the flag", that Kaepernick's protest was the wrong way to protest, that athletes should focus only on sports, that Kaepernick's wealth protected him from being a victim of racism, and most ridiculously of all, that anti-Black racism no longer existed in America.

Of course, all of these reasons are ridiculous. By protesting during the national anthem, Kaepernick was using the same rights the armed forces continue to fight for. Soldiers don't pledge to protect the flag, they pledge to protect the constitution, and most veterans are in favor of Kaepernick's decision to kneel.

There is no "right way" to protest. The nonviolent protests of the 1950s and '60s were criticized as well, but are now remembered by history as changing the country for the better.

The idea that athletes should only focus on sports is also ridiculous. When they aren't competing, athletes still have to live in the same world we do, which qualifies them to speak out on what they decide is necessary. The same people telling athletes to stick to sports, or actors to stick to acting, or singers to singing, are the ones who voted for a reality-tv star to become President of the United States. Muhammad Ali is an excellent example of an athlete and activist. Ali refused to serve in the Vietnam War, and criticized for it by the media. Now, Ali is remembered for his willingness to stand for what he believed in.

Even more ridiculous is the idea that Kaepernick being wealthy protected him from being a victim of racism. Wealth didn't keep Michael Bennett from being brutalized by police in Las Vegas, Wealth didn't keep racists from spray-painting racial slurs on the home of NBA star LeBron James, wealth didn't keep the NYPD from breaking the leg of Thabo Sefolosha and then lying about his behavior, and wealth didn't keep racists from lynching effigies of Barack Obama, or calling him a monkey, or many other racial epithets.

The idea that anti-black racism in America no longer existed, or even racism in general was the most ridiculous argument of all. As recently as last month, we watched white supremacists march into Charlottesville, Virginia, chanting slogans such as "Jews will not replace us," "We will not be replaced" and "Sig heil", a slogan used by German Nazis at political rallies. We watched as these white supremacists assaulted black counter-protesters, and watched as they killed a woman who stood against their message. We watched as the president called these white supremacists "very fine people" despite their refusal to accept the changing racial and cultural makeup of America, and still people claim that racism no longer exists.

Everything came to a head when at a rally in Huntsville, Alabama, Trump made a comment where he stated that players who disrespect the flag should be fired, and disrespectfully referred to the players. This was the strongest language this president has ever used, but he didn't use it for white supremacists who killed a woman in Virgina, or police officers who were caught doing the wrong thing, He used it on football players engaging in a harmless political protest.

At the core of it, for a person to say "it isn't the right way to protest" or "we need to focus on unity, not division", or quote civil rights icon Martin Luther King out of context is to rationalize their discomfort with people protesting, and to rid themselves of any guilt they feel.
You changed my mind actually on one thing. I think you're right that people should be allowed to disrespect the flag. Good job but everything else I believe is wrong. Again everyone said that Charlottesville was wrong and sad that proved that there is no racism in this country. Those people who thought it was great were a very small group of people. When we say racism no longer exists we mean that racism is in less than 1% of people in America. Also the President didn't call them "very fine people" he said that people from both sides were wrong to do such violent acts, because, surprise surprise, people from your side are violent too sometimes. Shocking huh. Honestly Trump has used worse language than that to describe people I don't know what you're talking about and, again, that doesn't make him RACIST! Although he's wrong that's no proof that we accept racism in our country!
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 3 weeks ago #85479

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Trump, in my opinion, is doing something extremely wrong here, and I usually side with Trump on things. I don't think what the NFL players is correct but I don't see why we should force people to sing the national anthem. I thought this was America with free speech and the right to have an opinion. They should have the right to disagree. There is an exception and that's when you hurt others through your opinions but kneeling down ain't even hurting a fly. Unless the fly was under your knee... But that's unimportant.

I agree. Though I believe that the football dudes need to respect our country, I also believe that America is a country of free speech.


However, if the NFL or whatever is associated with the government, then the football dudes should stand as government employees. Or, if the NFL say in some humongous contract that all football dudes have to kneel, then they should kneel.


I know nothing about football.

If the country wants respect then they need to give respect, before they can expect respect from NFL players. It is a free country and after years of White ppl treating Blacks like trash and they do not want to stand up to the national anthem but kneel, I think that is pretty acceptable

#TakeAKnee #Take2Knees

I don't think you can compare our country and some small controversial killings and the past country where we treated black people as if they were trash. That's crazy. That's like saying I can disrespect Egypt if I lived there because years ago they held the Jews as slaves.
'1 live lost is one too many'
The thing is that black ppl still are disrespected. I ain't going to put my hand on my chest for a country that disrespects ppl based on skin color
How exactly do we still disrespect black people? Also, yes lives were lost years ago but you can't blame people (the white people who accept black people) for stuff their ancestors did. We don't disrespect black people anymore by the way it's gone now.

"Get that son of a bleep off the field right now, out, he's fired. He's fired,'" Trump said. "You know, some owner is going to do that. He's going to say, 'That guy that disrespects our flag, he's fired.' And that owner, they don't know it [but] they'll be the most popular person in this country."
70 % of NFL are Black men

And when they kneel down to protest Black ppl killed by the cops
And Trump says that
I will say that is disrespectful.
He had free speech when he made that statement
So he should allow Black ppl to exercise their right to protest
It's not that their black Trump is targeting them because they disrespect the flag obviously as he said. I don't know what this is: "And when they kneel down to protest Black ppl killed by the cops and Trump says that I will say that is disrespectful," so I can't say anything on that. Again on the "So he should allow Black ppl to exercise their right to protest," they are disrespecting the flag and that's what he's disappointed in he's not mad that they're black. Also when was Trump all of America?
It is protesting not disrespecting the flag. I don't believe every thing Trump says. He was disrespecting the country when he used filthy words to describe mostly black ppl who kneel during the anthem. Trump is not all of America, He represents America as in a whole.
Again we see it as disrespecting the flag we're not thinking "Hey that guy's black and he wants rights let's take it away and fire him!" That's not our purpose, you can't just assume our motives. Our motive is to make sure our country is united and that we don't disrespect a whole country that has given us many rights just because there are some tiny problems going around in the police. Now I would understand if we were legit enslaving these people or forcing them in the back of the bus but we're not. Some small amount of policemen killed some black people and that's really all it is. We shouldn't divide our country because of that.
Whether you disagree with me or not you have to realize that we're not racist for thinking that our flag should be respected. You can't assume our racism, our racism has to be proven.

Ok what if it was your parents or family member that were wrongly killed by cops would you say "Some small amount of policemen killed my family and that's really all it is"
See how that sounds,

All I am just saying is ppl should be able to exercise their riights.

When ISIS kills one man Trump will be upset and talk about we are going to get em back. But when a cop shoots a Black man, then trump dissapears

It ain't a tiny problem it is a big problem
The thing is you can't say a whole country is wrong for something one cop did. Not only have you seen how everyone is reacting? Obviously most people aren't racist in this country and everyone is hating on these cops. Personally I'm not educated in what the cops did but I do know that there were some cops where they had the right to kill the guy (who happened to be black). There have been instances when black people have harmed white people (BLM kidnapping) and that doesn't mean we riot against them because most black people thought it was wrong. I do think people should be able to exercise their rights I just don't think they're right. Also people from ISIS all I agreed with the killings that's what's wrong. Mostly all Americans all believe that unlawful killing of people is bad. It's mostly black people because... Well I'm going to say it, don't call me racist for this because I have respect for black people and I like them, but I feel there are more black people brought up with this criminal attitude compared to white people, considering their ratios. It's not that big of a problem on a whole country scale. Sure, I do believe there are some people who still have racism in them but you can't disrespect a whole country and all white people. You can't say America disrespects black people because, obviously you see everyone rioting and getting mad when cops use their guns for a semi-rational reason and people start assuming it's racism. I can't believe people are saying that America is biased of race when it obviously isn't because so many people agree that racism is wrong and everyone is always fighting against it. Makes no sense to me.

"but I feel there are more black people brought up with this criminal attitude compared to white people, considering their ratios. "

#Shocked #NoComments
Of course you don't reference the rest of my argument but just pick out one sentence that sounds bad by itself. You took out the part where I say "don't call me racist for this because I have respect for black people and I like them." Why are you shocked I'm telling my opinion on the facts? Like seriously I'm not racist. I used to go to all African-American school (I'm white btw) and was the only white child there. There were many African-Americans who were smarter than me and when I was younger both of my bestest friends were black. I have respect for a lot of black people I just don't have respect for anyone who has that sort of attitude, white or black. And looking at my dad's school (In Baltimore) and the fact that in 2014, African Americans constituted 2.3 million, or 34%, of the total 6.8 million correctional population, according to the NAACP. In America, 13.3% are African Americans, according to the US Census, so that is a crazy number of jail people for the small population. I'm just stating the facts and my assumptions about them. That does not mean I'm racist and I hate being called racist because I have so much respect for certain black people who have proved themselves to be intelligent, functional, and wise human beings, more intelligent than I am.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: endershadow112

Kneeling 2 months 2 weeks ago #85485

  • jGod8865
  • jGod8865's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Pollo y Papa Frita
  • Posts: 518
  • Thank you received: 183
If you guys think that I'm against their protest I'm not. I'm for it as long as they know and understand why they are protesting.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 2 weeks ago #85562

  • Blue Tornado
  • Blue Tornado's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Posts: 1026
  • Thank you received: 833
It's not like kneeling during the national anthem is disrespecting the flag or the country. Kneeling is the position of utmost respect in church; we kneel when we pray, for instance, and it's out of respect for God. Kneeling isn't disrespectful (standing isn't, either), so there's nothing wrong with it by itself. They are kneeling to protest against Trump and racism, and that's a good thing, but Trump wants everyone to believe it's the worst thing the NFL could have possibly done.


"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwesi

Kneeling 2 months 2 weeks ago #85585

  • nadcombo
  • nadcombo's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 194
  • Thank you received: 48
in my opinion, the whole thing about this being racist is wrong. the left made it like that, football is something that no matter what our political views we should kick back, drink a beer -I guess, beers a pastime- and watch. bring their so-called protest of trump into it, isn't right. oh and what the media says that Trump is racist, he is a little, everyone is, he's not what the media says he is. The media is heavily biased to the left, so no matter what Trump does, it will be bad in their eyes. It's a fact. and to all you BLM and Antifa, you're the racist ones, not us. kicking white supporters out, and claiming a black only zone, and the media says nothing, if whites did that, we would get hammered with all rage of any kind. oh- YOU HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS!! you have for many years, no sense opening a wound again. Btw, I got my face chewed off hard with heavy swear words and racial slurs, AT CHURCH last week, for telling a big black lady to move because where they parked was blocking the lane. All sympathy I once had for the BLM movent is gone. but blacks who don't throw garbage around, in literal and word terms, I like. that's just my opinion if I get screamed at, so be it, I get it all the time anyway. I HAVE SPOKEN!!!
COUNTRY'S GOOD OK!!! IF YA DONT BELIVE ME?! listen to three wooden crosses, and what ifs, and drunk on you, and forever country. THATS MY opinion...

results may very......
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 2 weeks ago #85592

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
Blue Tornado wrote:
It's not like kneeling during the national anthem is disrespecting the flag or the country. Kneeling is the position of utmost respect in church; we kneel when we pray, for instance, and it's out of respect for God. Kneeling isn't disrespectful (standing isn't, either), so there's nothing wrong with it by itself. They are kneeling to protest against Trump and racism, and that's a good thing, but Trump wants everyone to believe it's the worst thing the NFL could have possibly done.
The part of about kneeling is respect in church has nothing to do with this. No one is arguing that kneeling means bad by definition so that argument is pointless. Well what I'm saying is that there is no racism in this country to be against. Maybe in other countries but our country is free. I'm also saying that Trump isn't doing anything bad. Also I don't understand why you think "but Trump wants everyone to believe it's the worst thing the NFL could have possibly done," is a good argument. Of course Trump doesn't want people to disrespect America (even though I honestly don't think they're disrespecting America they're just fighting for a useless cause) and would want people on his side. You're making it seem like what Trump said was the worst thing he could have said. That's how arguments work that's not a good point. The only argument I see here that could actually work is "and that's a good thing," which is a terrible argument with no back up. I mean I would argue against your point but it makes no good points at all. It just says "and that's a good thing." You're basically just saying, "Trump and what I consider racism is bad and some football players are protesting against it so yeah. Now Trump is not liking my opinion so he's trying to sway people to his side! I don't want people to sway to his side because I want people to sway to my side! I wish people just had the same opinion as mine so that I could never be countered. Also kneeling is respectful in church so that makes kneeling universally respectable no matter what circumstance."
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 2 weeks ago #85593

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
nadcombo wrote:
in my opinion, the whole thing about this being racist is wrong. the left made it like that, football is something that no matter what our political views we should kick back, drink a beer -I guess, beers a pastime- and watch. bring their so-called protest of trump into it, isn't right. oh and what the media says that Trump is racist, he is a little, everyone is, he's not what the media says he is. The media is heavily biased to the left, so no matter what Trump does, it will be bad in their eyes. It's a fact. and to all you BLM and Antifa, you're the racist ones, not us. kicking white supporters out, and claiming a black only zone, and the media says nothing, if whites did that, we would get hammered with all rage of any kind. oh- YOU HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS!! you have for many years, no sense opening a wound again. Btw, I got my face chewed off hard with heavy swear words and racial slurs, AT CHURCH last week, for telling a big black lady to move because where they parked was blocking the lane. All sympathy I once had for the BLM movent is gone. but blacks who don't throw garbage around, in literal and word terms, I like. that's just my opinion if I get screamed at, so be it, I get it all the time anyway. I HAVE SPOKEN!!!
I don't get the idea that football isn't supposed to be political. Well how are the players supposed to share their views on the world. You're saying tell them to do it outside. Well no one would listen to them. I'm not surprised that they are bringing politics into football considering it's the only platform they have. Also when did football become a no politic zone? It's not a dinner table with a whole bunch of mad families fighting. There is still fun football afterwards and it's not like during the game their preaching and forcing their opinions down your throat by screaming it into the mic so everyone hears it on their TV. I feel like you just say that because you don't agree with their opinions. All their doing is just kneeling and you can sit back and drink a beer without having to get into a fight about it. They're just kneeling for a few seconds and you can always skip it. In the dinner table it's annoying because then the family just sits there fighting for 30 minutes about a topic that most people don't want to hear about. This is literally for a few skippable seconds calm down. Also Trump isn't racist and no not everyone is a little racist. I'm not racist at all, I just judge people according to how they act. I do understand that most media (at least the most popular media) like to put a bad light onto republicans and especially Trump. It is not totally fact but yet it is true but you can't use that as an argument for kneeling. What does that have to do with the kneeling situation. I believe that the only thing that people on the other side got wrong was the thing about taking away freedom of speech. Trump never said he was taking away the freedom of speech he just said that, in his opinion, they should be fired.

"It's a fact. and to all you BLM and Antifa, you're the racist ones, not us. kicking white supporters out, and claiming a black only zone, and the media says nothing, if whites did that, we would get hammered with all rage of any kind. oh- YOU HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS!!"

Isn't it terrible to be stereotyped as a Trump supporter as racist? I know some are racist but not all! Why are they always stereotyping us! Wait I have an idea. Maybe we could stop being hypocrites and not stereotyping them as white haters and maybe they'll have more respect for us. Huh, crazy. Also, obviously, people are mad about the black only zones because of the many people like you. Please stop acting like a victim and realize there are many like you who don't agree with kicking white supporters out. You hate when femenists, BLM, and Antifa act like victims so why are you acting like one. I hate this hypocrite side of Trump's supporters. They stereotype the other group into being one kind of people and then they get angry when they're being stereotyped, and, then, they act like a victim (even though they have millions of supporters) and then hate when the other side is being a victim.

"you have for many years, no sense opening a wound again. Btw, I got my face chewed off hard with heavy swear words and racial slurs, AT CHURCH last week, for telling a big black lady to move because where they parked was blocking the lane."

You're helping open the wound with these kind of thoughts. Also, just because one black lady was acting like a jerk that doesn't mean everyone on the other side is like that. You didn't say it but you implied like it was apart of your argument. How does this one mis happening with one lady prove that the other side is wrong? That just means one lady is wrong. You're playing the victim again and you're playing the racist. It also kind of seems like you're stereotyping black people which I am totally against. Just because one black lady on one side said those things doesn't mean all black people on that side are bad. STOP STEREOTYPING! There are smart people on both sides. People like you who hear about or are in a bad experience about a person from the other side and assume that everyone on the other side is the same, are the problem.

"All sympathy I once had for the BLM movent is gone. but blacks who don't throw garbage around, in literal and word terms, I like. that's just my opinion if I get screamed at, so be it, I get it all the time anyway. I HAVE SPOKEN!!!"

Just because some people from the BLM movement do some bad things that doesn't mean they're all like that. Honestly, I don't agree with the BLM movement but what you're saying here is just ignorant. Yes you have spoken and, although, I think your argument is extremely ignorant and based off of what other anti-SJW's say, I would really like to hear a response. If you think I'm wrong, I would love to hear a better argument so I could have more respect for people of this world. If you agree with me then please say also because there is nothing wrong with realizing your ignorance or actually believing in your ignorance. What I hate is the idea that some people think they're ignorance is ignorance but they try to hide it with other excuses to seem smart. Keep your integrity and change your opinions if you believe they should be changed.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwesi

Kneeling 2 months 2 weeks ago #85597

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
It's not like kneeling during the national anthem is disrespecting the flag or the country. Kneeling is the position of utmost respect in church; we kneel when we pray, for instance, and it's out of respect for God. Kneeling isn't disrespectful (standing isn't, either), so there's nothing wrong with it by itself. They are kneeling to protest against Trump and racism, and that's a good thing, but Trump wants everyone to believe it's the worst thing the NFL could have possibly done.
The part of about kneeling is respect in church has nothing to do with this. No one is arguing that kneeling means bad by definition so that argument is pointless. Well what I'm saying is that there is no racism in this country to be against. Maybe in other countries but our country is free. I'm also saying that Trump isn't doing anything bad. Also I don't understand why you think "but Trump wants everyone to believe it's the worst thing the NFL could have possibly done," is a good argument. Of course Trump doesn't want people to disrespect America (even though I honestly don't think they're disrespecting America they're just fighting for a useless cause) and would want people on his side. You're making it seem like what Trump said was the worst thing he could have said. That's how arguments work that's not a good point. The only argument I see here that could actually work is "and that's a good thing," which is a terrible argument with no back up. I mean I would argue against your point but it makes no good points at all. It just says "and that's a good thing." You're basically just saying, "Trump and what I consider racism is bad and some football players are protesting against it so yeah. Now Trump is not liking my opinion so he's trying to sway people to his side! I don't want people to sway to his side because I want people to sway to my side! I wish people just had the same opinion as mine so that I could never be countered. Also kneeling is respectful in church so that makes kneeling universally respectable no matter what circumstance."
Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause
What? Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause? Well in my opinion it is a useless cause. I'm pretty sure I implied it in my thing that it was a useless cause in my opinion. That felt irrelevant to the point so I didn't go into it. If you want me to go into detail on why I think racism is gone and why this whole anti-Trump thing is going out of proportion, then I guess I would have to do a whole argument for that. I still don't really understand what you're saying but I'll guess. "Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause," is probably translated to "Just cause they are doing something it is a useless cause." If that's your argument, which I hope it isn't, then you are extremely wrong. Causes are something useless. Like doing a cause in today's age to make white people be equally treated is useless. I'm guessing you would agree that it's useless. So yes causes can be useless.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 2 weeks ago #85598

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
nadcombo wrote:
in my opinion, the whole thing about this being racist is wrong. the left made it like that, football is something that no matter what our political views we should kick back, drink a beer -I guess, beers a pastime- and watch. bring their so-called protest of trump into it, isn't right. oh and what the media says that Trump is racist, he is a little, everyone is, he's not what the media says he is. The media is heavily biased to the left, so no matter what Trump does, it will be bad in their eyes. It's a fact. and to all you BLM and Antifa, you're the racist ones, not us. kicking white supporters out, and claiming a black only zone, and the media says nothing, if whites did that, we would get hammered with all rage of any kind. oh- YOU HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS!! you have for many years, no sense opening a wound again. Btw, I got my face chewed off hard with heavy swear words and racial slurs, AT CHURCH last week, for telling a big black lady to move because where they parked was blocking the lane. All sympathy I once had for the BLM movent is gone. but blacks who don't throw garbage around, in literal and word terms, I like. that's just my opinion if I get screamed at, so be it, I get it all the time anyway. I HAVE SPOKEN!!!
I don't get the idea that football isn't supposed to be political. Well how are the players supposed to share their views on the world. You're saying tell them to do it outside. Well no one would listen to them. I'm not surprised that they are bringing politics into football considering it's the only platform they have. Also when did football become a no politic zone? It's not a dinner table with a whole bunch of mad families fighting. There is still fun football afterwards and it's not like during the game their preaching and forcing their opinions down your throat by screaming it into the mic so everyone hears it on their TV. I feel like you just say that because you don't agree with their opinions. All their doing is just kneeling and you can sit back and drink a beer without having to get into a fight about it. They're just kneeling for a few seconds and you can always skip it. In the dinner table it's annoying because then the family just sits there fighting for 30 minutes about a topic that most people don't want to hear about. This is literally for a few skippable seconds calm down. Also Trump isn't racist and no not everyone is a little racist. I'm not racist at all, I just judge people according to how they act. I do understand that most media (at least the most popular media) like to put a bad light onto republicans and especially Trump. It is not totally fact but yet it is true but you can't use that as an argument for kneeling. What does that have to do with the kneeling situation. I believe that the only thing that people on the other side got wrong was the thing about taking away freedom of speech. Trump never said he was taking away the freedom of speech he just said that, in his opinion, they should be fired.

"It's a fact. and to all you BLM and Antifa, you're the racist ones, not us. kicking white supporters out, and claiming a black only zone, and the media says nothing, if whites did that, we would get hammered with all rage of any kind. oh- YOU HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS!!"

Isn't it terrible to be stereotyped as a Trump supporter as racist? I know some are racist but not all! Why are they always stereotyping us! Wait I have an idea. Maybe we could stop being hypocrites and not stereotyping them as white haters and maybe they'll have more respect for us. Huh, crazy. Also, obviously, people are mad about the black only zones because of the many people like you. Please stop acting like a victim and realize there are many like you who don't agree with kicking white supporters out. You hate when femenists, BLM, and Antifa act like victims so why are you acting like one. I hate this hypocrite side of Trump's supporters. They stereotype the other group into being one kind of people and then they get angry when they're being stereotyped, and, then, they act like a victim (even though they have millions of supporters) and then hate when the other side is being a victim.

"you have for many years, no sense opening a wound again. Btw, I got my face chewed off hard with heavy swear words and racial slurs, AT CHURCH last week, for telling a big black lady to move because where they parked was blocking the lane."

You're helping open the wound with these kind of thoughts. Also, just because one black lady was acting like a jerk that doesn't mean everyone on the other side is like that. You didn't say it but you implied like it was apart of your argument. How does this one mis happening with one lady prove that the other side is wrong? That just means one lady is wrong. You're playing the victim again and you're playing the racist. It also kind of seems like you're stereotyping black people which I am totally against. Just because one black lady on one side said those things doesn't mean all black people on that side are bad. STOP STEREOTYPING! There are smart people on both sides. People like you who hear about or are in a bad experience about a person from the other side and assume that everyone on the other side is the same, are the problem.

"All sympathy I once had for the BLM movent is gone. but blacks who don't throw garbage around, in literal and word terms, I like. that's just my opinion if I get screamed at, so be it, I get it all the time anyway. I HAVE SPOKEN!!!"

Just because some people from the BLM movement do some bad things that doesn't mean they're all like that. Honestly, I don't agree with the BLM movement but what you're saying here is just ignorant. Yes you have spoken and, although, I think your argument is extremely ignorant and based off of what other anti-SJW's say, I would really like to hear a response. If you think I'm wrong, I would love to hear a better argument so I could have more respect for people of this world. If you agree with me then please say also because there is nothing wrong with realizing your ignorance or actually believing in your ignorance. What I hate is the idea that some people think they're ignorance is ignorance but they try to hide it with other excuses to seem smart. Keep your integrity and change your opinions if you believe they should be changed.

I agreed with the last 2 paragraphs except for the part about not believing in BLM
Why not the second paragraph? Just asking. Also thank you for having a good sense of what hypocrisy is. I would say it's common sense but I don't feel it's common.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 2 weeks ago #85601

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
It's not like kneeling during the national anthem is disrespecting the flag or the country. Kneeling is the position of utmost respect in church; we kneel when we pray, for instance, and it's out of respect for God. Kneeling isn't disrespectful (standing isn't, either), so there's nothing wrong with it by itself. They are kneeling to protest against Trump and racism, and that's a good thing, but Trump wants everyone to believe it's the worst thing the NFL could have possibly done.
The part of about kneeling is respect in church has nothing to do with this. No one is arguing that kneeling means bad by definition so that argument is pointless. Well what I'm saying is that there is no racism in this country to be against. Maybe in other countries but our country is free. I'm also saying that Trump isn't doing anything bad. Also I don't understand why you think "but Trump wants everyone to believe it's the worst thing the NFL could have possibly done," is a good argument. Of course Trump doesn't want people to disrespect America (even though I honestly don't think they're disrespecting America they're just fighting for a useless cause) and would want people on his side. You're making it seem like what Trump said was the worst thing he could have said. That's how arguments work that's not a good point. The only argument I see here that could actually work is "and that's a good thing," which is a terrible argument with no back up. I mean I would argue against your point but it makes no good points at all. It just says "and that's a good thing." You're basically just saying, "Trump and what I consider racism is bad and some football players are protesting against it so yeah. Now Trump is not liking my opinion so he's trying to sway people to his side! I don't want people to sway to his side because I want people to sway to my side! I wish people just had the same opinion as mine so that I could never be countered. Also kneeling is respectful in church so that makes kneeling universally respectable no matter what circumstance."
Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause
What? Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause? Well in my opinion it is a useless cause. I'm pretty sure I implied it in my thing that it was a useless cause in my opinion. That felt irrelevant to the point so I didn't go into it. If you want me to go into detail on why I think racism is gone and why this whole anti-Trump thing is going out of proportion, then I guess I would have to do a whole argument for that. I still don't really understand what you're saying but I'll guess. "Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause," is probably translated to "Just cause they are doing something it is a useless cause." If that's your argument, which I hope it isn't, then you are extremely wrong. Causes are something useless. Like doing a cause in today's age to make white people be equally treated is useless. I'm guessing you would agree that it's useless. So yes causes can be useless.
My argument was "Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause"

I meant that since your ancestors were never mistreated and your friends and family were never racially mistreated you don't understand

And I don't that in an offensive way
Oh. That's what you mean. Well I would argue that people who had their ancestors mistreated don't understand either.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 2 weeks ago #85603

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
It's not like kneeling during the national anthem is disrespecting the flag or the country. Kneeling is the position of utmost respect in church; we kneel when we pray, for instance, and it's out of respect for God. Kneeling isn't disrespectful (standing isn't, either), so there's nothing wrong with it by itself. They are kneeling to protest against Trump and racism, and that's a good thing, but Trump wants everyone to believe it's the worst thing the NFL could have possibly done.
The part of about kneeling is respect in church has nothing to do with this. No one is arguing that kneeling means bad by definition so that argument is pointless. Well what I'm saying is that there is no racism in this country to be against. Maybe in other countries but our country is free. I'm also saying that Trump isn't doing anything bad. Also I don't understand why you think "but Trump wants everyone to believe it's the worst thing the NFL could have possibly done," is a good argument. Of course Trump doesn't want people to disrespect America (even though I honestly don't think they're disrespecting America they're just fighting for a useless cause) and would want people on his side. You're making it seem like what Trump said was the worst thing he could have said. That's how arguments work that's not a good point. The only argument I see here that could actually work is "and that's a good thing," which is a terrible argument with no back up. I mean I would argue against your point but it makes no good points at all. It just says "and that's a good thing." You're basically just saying, "Trump and what I consider racism is bad and some football players are protesting against it so yeah. Now Trump is not liking my opinion so he's trying to sway people to his side! I don't want people to sway to his side because I want people to sway to my side! I wish people just had the same opinion as mine so that I could never be countered. Also kneeling is respectful in church so that makes kneeling universally respectable no matter what circumstance."
Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause
What? Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause? Well in my opinion it is a useless cause. I'm pretty sure I implied it in my thing that it was a useless cause in my opinion. That felt irrelevant to the point so I didn't go into it. If you want me to go into detail on why I think racism is gone and why this whole anti-Trump thing is going out of proportion, then I guess I would have to do a whole argument for that. I still don't really understand what you're saying but I'll guess. "Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause," is probably translated to "Just cause they are doing something it is a useless cause." If that's your argument, which I hope it isn't, then you are extremely wrong. Causes are something useless. Like doing a cause in today's age to make white people be equally treated is useless. I'm guessing you would agree that it's useless. So yes causes can be useless.
My argument was "Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause"

I meant that since your ancestors were never mistreated and your friends and family were never racially mistreated you don't understand

And I don't that in an offensive way
Oh. That's what you mean. Well I would argue that people who had their ancestors mistreated don't understand either.
I am assuming you are very smart.
What you said doesn't make logical sense
No offense
What I said was that people who had their ancestors mistreated, don't understand how it feels to be mistreated. You said that people with ancestors got mistreated and mine didn't so I don't understand how it feels. I'm saying that those people with ancestors, such as the African-Americans, don't understand either.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kneeling 2 months 2 weeks ago #85606

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 712
  • Thank you received: 467
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
It's not like kneeling during the national anthem is disrespecting the flag or the country. Kneeling is the position of utmost respect in church; we kneel when we pray, for instance, and it's out of respect for God. Kneeling isn't disrespectful (standing isn't, either), so there's nothing wrong with it by itself. They are kneeling to protest against Trump and racism, and that's a good thing, but Trump wants everyone to believe it's the worst thing the NFL could have possibly done.
The part of about kneeling is respect in church has nothing to do with this. No one is arguing that kneeling means bad by definition so that argument is pointless. Well what I'm saying is that there is no racism in this country to be against. Maybe in other countries but our country is free. I'm also saying that Trump isn't doing anything bad. Also I don't understand why you think "but Trump wants everyone to believe it's the worst thing the NFL could have possibly done," is a good argument. Of course Trump doesn't want people to disrespect America (even though I honestly don't think they're disrespecting America they're just fighting for a useless cause) and would want people on his side. You're making it seem like what Trump said was the worst thing he could have said. That's how arguments work that's not a good point. The only argument I see here that could actually work is "and that's a good thing," which is a terrible argument with no back up. I mean I would argue against your point but it makes no good points at all. It just says "and that's a good thing." You're basically just saying, "Trump and what I consider racism is bad and some football players are protesting against it so yeah. Now Trump is not liking my opinion so he's trying to sway people to his side! I don't want people to sway to his side because I want people to sway to my side! I wish people just had the same opinion as mine so that I could never be countered. Also kneeling is respectful in church so that makes kneeling universally respectable no matter what circumstance."
Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause
What? Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause? Well in my opinion it is a useless cause. I'm pretty sure I implied it in my thing that it was a useless cause in my opinion. That felt irrelevant to the point so I didn't go into it. If you want me to go into detail on why I think racism is gone and why this whole anti-Trump thing is going out of proportion, then I guess I would have to do a whole argument for that. I still don't really understand what you're saying but I'll guess. "Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause," is probably translated to "Just cause they are doing something it is a useless cause." If that's your argument, which I hope it isn't, then you are extremely wrong. Causes are something useless. Like doing a cause in today's age to make white people be equally treated is useless. I'm guessing you would agree that it's useless. So yes causes can be useless.
My argument was "Just cause what they are doing doesn't mean it is a useless cause"

I meant that since your ancestors were never mistreated and your friends and family were never racially mistreated you don't understand

And I don't that in an offensive way
Oh. That's what you mean. Well I would argue that people who had their ancestors mistreated don't understand either.
I am assuming you are very smart.
What you said doesn't make logical sense
No offense
What I said was that people who had their ancestors mistreated, don't understand how it feels to be mistreated. You said that people with ancestors got mistreated and mine didn't so I don't understand how it feels. I'm saying that those people with ancestors, such as the African-Americans, don't understand either.
On the contrary I think African Americans really do understand what it means to be mistreated. Because they are still mistreated
How? You don't have to go into a argument with me if you don't want to and I'll respect your decision if you decide not to respond.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.480 seconds