Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: North Korea

North Korea 3 months 13 hours ago #84943

• SGirven
  • Thank you received: 3
I'll tell you this. I think that President Trump is working very hard to protect our country by working with our alies.
Samuel. G
The administrator has disabled public write access.

North Korea 3 months 11 hours ago #84966

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3052
nadcombo wrote:
Another thing to point out is, if NK fires a missile, and it hits a populated island that is under the protection of us but doesn't have anti missile weapons, America will retaliate, and since China and Russia are allies of NK, war will presume, prices will shoot up, because trade routes to China will close, and America doesn't have the manufacturing power necessary to feed and clothe millions of civilians, plus the equipment needed to fight a war, that is if neither us or Russia nuke something. that would be a bad idea because the world would get wiped out, and no one is stupid enough to do that. or if they are, someones gonna stop them.

Hmm, I wonder who that someone could be..

:dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

North Korea 2 months 2 weeks ago #85326

• ken10wil
  • bossome
  • Thank you received: 85
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
What do you guys think about the North Korea problem. About an hour ago they announced they are in possession of an Hydrogen bomb. A very powerful nuke. What do you think of that?
North Korea is a huge punchline but definitely not a joke. Kim Jong Un has mastered the art of the dictatorship and may actually be the most successful politicians of our time. I will highlight his process in a short list of steps.

Step 1
Weaken the commoner. Most dictatorships collapse from the inside. Kim Jong Un knows this and has developed a multistep solution to s preventing this. The First Step is starving the population. The poor man on the street is starved of food and power, and is too physically weak to start a revolt but fed enough to live a decently healthy life. The rich man is starved of knowledge and while his belly is full and his living condition passes as standard, he is too naive to see the dictatorship of his country as anything more than a minor inconvenience and is convinced as a young boy in school that no one is better off anywhere else in the world, no matter how much they may say otherwise. Brainwashed, the rich are too foolish to politically oppose Kim, while the poor are too weak to start a rebellion.
Step 2
Of course the first step is not foolproof. Eventually the rich man will be too annoyed to not oppose Kim and the poor man will eventually grow desperate enough too dry a rebellion anyway. So what does Kim do next? Establish a rule of fear. Like many a dictator Kim strikes fear in the hearts of his citizens. Neighbors going missing in the night, the feeling that your always being watched, the rumors that he murders his own family members, rumors that it's possible that his wife was kidnapped etc. Not all of this may be true or the work of Kim, but most of it is and even the negative rumors only serve to further enforce his visage of fear. But Kim goes a step further. He gives money to the poor, visits the schools of your children, smiles with his citizens, dresses like a celebrity in public, casually has fun with foreign celebrities, gives speeches on his benevolence and has the media establish his role as a protector from the evil colonialist west. Kim Jong Un has managed to get the citizens of North Korea to fear him and love him at the same time. They hate him as much as they adore him and in such a confused brainwashed state how could they possibly want to overthrow their leader. Not only are they too afraid to oppose him, they also don't really want to. The populace is naive and has been lured into a state of contentedness. They don't think Kim Jong Un is the best guy, but they certainly don't think there is anyone better than him.
Step 3
With his own people taken care of Kim Jong Un now has to focus on his only viable opposition-the rest of the world. Which bring us to the nukes. Kim Jong Un is not foolish enough to launch a missile on the U.S.. Doing so would call down the wrath of the rest of the world and his reign will end before he could even gloat about his victory. Instead he's decided to be an actor. His role, you ask? A crazed maniac armed with nukes. No one will attack North Korea because a single nuke would cause catastrophic damage. And Kim Jong Un will never actually make good on his bluff, because doing so will end his reign. If the world doesn't think he's not worth the risk, they'll leave him alone and will just continue to add sanctions, which China will bypass for him.

Kim Jong Un has mastered the game of Politics and it seems his playtime won't end for a long time.
cuz liberalism is a mental disease and video games are awesome
favorite text:
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:12
The following user(s) said Thank You: endershadow112

North Korea 2 months 2 weeks ago #85330

• Chickadee
  • I love dogs!!
  • Thank you received: 211
I have to say this does make me nervous... my family in Korea is concerned, along with many other people in Korea. Also, if war does break out, I have a cousin who is at the age that he would be drafted into the army. J don't want to lose a cousin, especially since he is like an older brother to me.

I do disagree though, with the person who said that the people in North Korea are fed enough to lead a decently healthy life. Man, I have heard stories......that I don't know if I should share or not.

North Korea 2 months 2 weeks ago #85351

Stverno wrote:
I'm not concerned for the U.S.

We've fought bigger.

I am concerned for the innocent North Koreans who still live there.

If their leader declares war on a much more powerful country, thousands are going to die.
ditto, truth is, they launch one at us, we have ships close enough that we could level North Korea before anything hit the mainland, praying it never comes to that though
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

North Korea 2 months 2 weeks ago #85373

• SRNitro
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 451
im just surprised my lord and savior donald trump hasnt nuked them yet along with china
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl

North Korea 2 months 2 weeks ago #85382

• horsegirl04
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 398
Kwesi wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
im just surprised my lord and savior donald trump hasnt nuked them yet along with china
You are jokin right?
I hope so

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
Happy Birthday Sunny!

North Korea 1 week 1 day ago #88171

• Etuc3
  • Jesus is my best freind
  • Thank you received: 31
Well its just saying that Jesus is coming soon and we have to be ready, cause it says in the Bible about war and rumours of wars and after these plagues then shall the end come.
That's my opinion on the whole matter ;)

North Korea 6 days 11 hours ago #88295

ken10wil wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
What do you guys think about the North Korea problem. About an hour ago they announced they are in possession of an Hydrogen bomb. A very powerful nuke. What do you think of that?
North Korea is a huge punchline but definitely not a joke. Kim Jong Un has mastered the art of the dictatorship and may actually be the most successful politicians of our time. I will highlight his process in a short list of steps.

Step 1
Weaken the commoner. Most dictatorships collapse from the inside. Kim Jong Un knows this and has developed a multistep solution to s preventing this. The First Step is starving the population. The poor man on the street is starved of food and power, and is too physically weak to start a revolt but fed enough to live a decently healthy life. The rich man is starved of knowledge and while his belly is full and his living condition passes as standard, he is too naive to see the dictatorship of his country as anything more than a minor inconvenience and is convinced as a young boy in school that no one is better off anywhere else in the world, no matter how much they may say otherwise. Brainwashed, the rich are too foolish to politically oppose Kim, while the poor are too weak to start a rebellion.
Step 2
Of course the first step is not foolproof. Eventually the rich man will be too annoyed to not oppose Kim and the poor man will eventually grow desperate enough too dry a rebellion anyway. So what does Kim do next? Establish a rule of fear. Like many a dictator Kim strikes fear in the hearts of his citizens. Neighbors going missing in the night, the feeling that your always being watched, the rumors that he murders his own family members, rumors that it's possible that his wife was kidnapped etc. Not all of this may be true or the work of Kim, but most of it is and even the negative rumors only serve to further enforce his visage of fear. But Kim goes a step further. He gives money to the poor, visits the schools of your children, smiles with his citizens, dresses like a celebrity in public, casually has fun with foreign celebrities, gives speeches on his benevolence and has the media establish his role as a protector from the evil colonialist west. Kim Jong Un has managed to get the citizens of North Korea to fear him and love him at the same time. They hate him as much as they adore him and in such a confused brainwashed state how could they possibly want to overthrow their leader. Not only are they too afraid to oppose him, they also don't really want to. The populace is naive and has been lured into a state of contentedness. They don't think Kim Jong Un is the best guy, but they certainly don't think there is anyone better than him.
Step 3
With his own people taken care of Kim Jong Un now has to focus on his only viable opposition-the rest of the world. Which bring us to the nukes. Kim Jong Un is not foolish enough to launch a missile on the U.S.. Doing so would call down the wrath of the rest of the world and his reign will end before he could even gloat about his victory. Instead he's decided to be an actor. His role, you ask? A crazed maniac armed with nukes. No one will attack North Korea because a single nuke would cause catastrophic damage. And Kim Jong Un will never actually make good on his bluff, because doing so will end his reign. If the world doesn't think he's not worth the risk, they'll leave him alone and will just continue to add sanctions, which China will bypass for him.

Kim Jong Un has mastered the game of Politics and it seems his playtime won't end for a long time.

This is all like a giant game of chess isn't it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

North Korea 6 days 11 hours ago #88297

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3052
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
ken10wil wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3

This is all like a giant game of chess isn't it?

Yeah, accept they're playing with peoples lives :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

North Korea 6 days 9 hours ago #88311

• sunnyside1
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 425
Honestly, I wish I was there. I heard about an American guy who ran a perfectly legal tourism operation into North Korea, but secretly he was a missionary. Eventually he was caught and thrown into a concentration camp, and he's probably dead now. But for every one Christian that dies with hope in God, there's a thousand more who die without. Even if I was in a concentration camp, I would still be surrounded by people who need to know about their Daddy who wants them home. I get so impatient and restless when I think about what needs to be done!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, horsegirl04
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds