Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 3 weeks ago #83829

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 1004
  • Thank you received: 402
SRNitro wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
We smash bugs and step on life forms all the time. Animals are being eaten all the time. It's apart of nature. It's just the truth. The reason a single cell on Mars is so cool is because it's unique and special. We wouldn't treat a cell on our planet the same way. I'm sorry but that's not a good comparison at all. Also some cells are special because they could be the last of their kind and should be well kept. I would understand if the baby was the only embryo left on earth that we should keep it alive.

I understand people are going to say things like, "Oh man but it's a life!" That's just a word. That bug you smashed was a life. Every time you use those mouse traps you're killing a life. It's apart of life and I'm a very practical person. Because of this I look at things not with emotion but with a logical (well at least at a state without emotion) stance. It's just an embryo that hasn't formed any relationships yet and hasn't really thought at all. It's like a fly it just moves around wanting to be alive with only one purpose, staying alive. It literally cannot form any articulate thought.

I don't think that your argument is valid. First animals were made to be below humans. that means that if someone kills a bug no one cares. But if some one was to kill a pregnant woman and they where taken to court they would be sentenced for killing two people.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
Happy Birthday Sunny!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 3 weeks ago #83839

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 707
  • Thank you received: 463
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
We smash bugs and step on life forms all the time. Animals are being eaten all the time. It's apart of nature. It's just the truth. The reason a single cell on Mars is so cool is because it's unique and special. We wouldn't treat a cell on our planet the same way. I'm sorry but that's not a good comparison at all. Also some cells are special because they could be the last of their kind and should be well kept. I would understand if the baby was the only embryo left on earth that we should keep it alive.

I understand people are going to say things like, "Oh man but it's a life!" That's just a word. That bug you smashed was a life. Every time you use those mouse traps you're killing a life. It's apart of life and I'm a very practical person. Because of this I look at things not with emotion but with a logical (well at least at a state without emotion) stance. It's just an embryo that hasn't formed any relationships yet and hasn't really thought at all. It's like a fly it just moves around wanting to be alive with only one purpose, staying alive. It literally cannot form any articulate thought.
No, they actually think about more than just staying alive. When my mum was pregnant with me, every time she sat down for dinner, no matter what time it was, I would start kicking like the end of the world. As soon as dad leaned over and put his hand on me, I would settle. Only dad could calm me like that. So don't try and tell me that babies only think about survival and don't have any relationships, cos they sure do.
Also, John the Baptist lept in his mum's womb when Mary arrived.

P.S. Relationships would exist without emotions. You can't live without emotion.
It wasn't that "only dad could calm me like that." It felt good for you to feel some sort of force holding back. That's not really a relationship that's just a response to the environment around them. I understand that it may be "just the dad" that can do that but I really doubt it. I don't think other people other than your father would ask, "Hey can I touch your stomach to calm the baby down specifically at this dinner time that we coincidently meet?" The father of course is the one who comes over not some friend because it's his child and he has the right to put his hand their to calm the baby. It's a simple response. John the Baptist lept because of God not because he was like, "Oh my word that's a mother of Jesus and I didn't even need God to figure that one out! I should just jump for joy because I have so much joy in my heart!" God was the one who made him leap. John the Baptist in the womb was manipulated by God to react to that situation that's a very specific example. Emotion doesn't describe relationships. Flies are scared, hungry, and happy too. That's just apart of life not apart of relationships. Relationships have emotion but emotion doesn't require relationships.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 3 weeks ago #83840

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 707
  • Thank you received: 463
Mp137 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
We smash bugs and step on life forms all the time. Animals are being eaten all the time. It's apart of nature. It's just the truth. The reason a single cell on Mars is so cool is because it's unique and special. We wouldn't treat a cell on our planet the same way. I'm sorry but that's not a good comparison at all. Also some cells are special because they could be the last of their kind and should be well kept. I would understand if the baby was the only embryo left on earth that we should keep it alive.

I understand people are going to say things like, "Oh man but it's a life!" That's just a word. That bug you smashed was a life. Every time you use those mouse traps you're killing a life. It's apart of life and I'm a very practical person. Because of this I look at things not with emotion but with a logical (well at least at a state without emotion) stance. It's just an embryo that hasn't formed any relationships yet and hasn't really thought at all. It's like a fly it just moves around wanting to be alive with only one purpose, staying alive. It literally cannot form any articulate thought.

That argument is invalid for me personally. First, I'm vegetarian. Second, this sounds stupid, but I don't kill bugs. Ever.
I wasn't talking about vegetarians I was talking about the lions that go out and eat prey. And also those houses and cars you guys use isn't helping the environment any and is probably killing animals right now. The death of basically lifeless animals has been a thing since Adam ate the apple.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 3 weeks ago #83841

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 707
  • Thank you received: 463
horsegirl04 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
We smash bugs and step on life forms all the time. Animals are being eaten all the time. It's apart of nature. It's just the truth. The reason a single cell on Mars is so cool is because it's unique and special. We wouldn't treat a cell on our planet the same way. I'm sorry but that's not a good comparison at all. Also some cells are special because they could be the last of their kind and should be well kept. I would understand if the baby was the only embryo left on earth that we should keep it alive.

I understand people are going to say things like, "Oh man but it's a life!" That's just a word. That bug you smashed was a life. Every time you use those mouse traps you're killing a life. It's apart of life and I'm a very practical person. Because of this I look at things not with emotion but with a logical (well at least at a state without emotion) stance. It's just an embryo that hasn't formed any relationships yet and hasn't really thought at all. It's like a fly it just moves around wanting to be alive with only one purpose, staying alive. It literally cannot form any articulate thought.

I don't think that your argument is valid. First animals were made to be below humans. that means that if someone kills a bug no one cares. But if some one was to kill a pregnant woman and they where taken to court they would be sentenced for killing two people.
But... You're comparing a mother's death and a lifeless little thing that doesn't really matter. People always use the "But it's innocent and feels pain," which doesn't make sense to me because the bug is just as innocent and prone to pain as that baby is. Those bugs are killed all the time by us and other animals. It's apart of nature and women shouldn't be shamed because of it. Animals were made to be below humans because they didn't have the brain capacity to make articulate or logical thoughts that could contribute to society, they were only there to do their job which was to survive (and by doing that they help the world in many ways) and to reproduce. Don't these animals sound a little like an embryo? No brain capacity and logical thoughts. The only thing is at least an animal has a purpose. An embryo can grow up to have a purpose but yet so far it has literally no reason to live. The reason why courts sentence these killers to the killing of two people is because that person took away the one-way relationship between the father and the mother between the baby. The mother wanted to have this baby and let it grow. It was, in her mind, her purpose and that killer took it away from her. Once that relationship is gone from the mother and the baby there is no love going in between and it's basically a rock in your stomach you will get rid of later for thousands of dollars.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 3 weeks ago #83859

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 1004
  • Thank you received: 402
SRNitro wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
We smash bugs and step on life forms all the time. Animals are being eaten all the time. It's apart of nature. It's just the truth. The reason a single cell on Mars is so cool is because it's unique and special. We wouldn't treat a cell on our planet the same way. I'm sorry but that's not a good comparison at all. Also some cells are special because they could be the last of their kind and should be well kept. I would understand if the baby was the only embryo left on earth that we should keep it alive.

I understand people are going to say things like, "Oh man but it's a life!" That's just a word. That bug you smashed was a life. Every time you use those mouse traps you're killing a life. It's apart of life and I'm a very practical person. Because of this I look at things not with emotion but with a logical (well at least at a state without emotion) stance. It's just an embryo that hasn't formed any relationships yet and hasn't really thought at all. It's like a fly it just moves around wanting to be alive with only one purpose, staying alive. It literally cannot form any articulate thought.

I don't think that your argument is valid. First animals were made to be below humans. that means that if someone kills a bug no one cares. But if some one was to kill a pregnant woman and they where taken to court they would be sentenced for killing two people.
But... You're comparing a mother's death and a lifeless little thing that doesn't really matter. People always use the "But it's innocent and feels pain," which doesn't make sense to me because the bug is just as innocent and prone to pain as that baby is. Those bugs are killed all the time by us and other animals. It's apart of nature and women shouldn't be shamed because of it. Animals were made to be below humans because they didn't have the brain capacity to make articulate or logical thoughts that could contribute to society, they were only there to do their job which was to survive (and by doing that they help the world in many ways) and to reproduce. Don't these animals sound a little like an embryo? No brain capacity and logical thoughts. The only thing is at least an animal has a purpose. An embryo can grow up to have a purpose but yet so far it has literally no reason to live. The reason why courts sentence these killers to the killing of two people is because that person took away the one-way relationship between the father and the mother between the baby. The mother wanted to have this baby and let it grow. It was, in her mind, her purpose and that killer took it away from her. Once that relationship is gone from the mother and the baby there is no love going in between and it's basically a rock in your stomach you will get rid of later for thousands of dollars.

you are acting like people go out randomly to kill bugs gust for the sake of killing bugs. Buy killing an unborn baby you are taking a life that could be in heaven. Maybe that person wouldn't be a famous scientist or a pastor that wins a lot of people for god. But that doesn't mean they cannot be a witness for God. Plus I think it's sad that you are comparing a human to a bug.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
Happy Birthday Sunny!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 3 weeks ago #83887

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 963
  • Thank you received: 1142
SRNitro wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
We smash bugs and step on life forms all the time. Animals are being eaten all the time. It's apart of nature. It's just the truth. The reason a single cell on Mars is so cool is because it's unique and special. We wouldn't treat a cell on our planet the same way. I'm sorry but that's not a good comparison at all. Also some cells are special because they could be the last of their kind and should be well kept. I would understand if the baby was the only embryo left on earth that we should keep it alive.

I understand people are going to say things like, "Oh man but it's a life!" That's just a word. That bug you smashed was a life. Every time you use those mouse traps you're killing a life. It's apart of life and I'm a very practical person. Because of this I look at things not with emotion but with a logical (well at least at a state without emotion) stance. It's just an embryo that hasn't formed any relationships yet and hasn't really thought at all. It's like a fly it just moves around wanting to be alive with only one purpose, staying alive. It literally cannot form any articulate thought.
People get upset when men are compared to animals, and women are compared to possessions in the "feminism battle", so why are you comparing human lives to bugs?
As horsegirl04 said, there's a huge difference.
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 3 weeks ago #83888

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 963
  • Thank you received: 1142
SRNitro wrote:
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
We smash bugs and step on life forms all the time. Animals are being eaten all the time. It's apart of nature. It's just the truth. The reason a single cell on Mars is so cool is because it's unique and special. We wouldn't treat a cell on our planet the same way. I'm sorry but that's not a good comparison at all. Also some cells are special because they could be the last of their kind and should be well kept. I would understand if the baby was the only embryo left on earth that we should keep it alive.

I understand people are going to say things like, "Oh man but it's a life!" That's just a word. That bug you smashed was a life. Every time you use those mouse traps you're killing a life. It's apart of life and I'm a very practical person. Because of this I look at things not with emotion but with a logical (well at least at a state without emotion) stance. It's just an embryo that hasn't formed any relationships yet and hasn't really thought at all. It's like a fly it just moves around wanting to be alive with only one purpose, staying alive. It literally cannot form any articulate thought.
No, they actually think about more than just staying alive. When my mum was pregnant with me, every time she sat down for dinner, no matter what time it was, I would start kicking like the end of the world. As soon as dad leaned over and put his hand on me, I would settle. Only dad could calm me like that. So don't try and tell me that babies only think about survival and don't have any relationships, cos they sure do.
Also, John the Baptist lept in his mum's womb when Mary arrived.

P.S. Relationships would exist without emotions. You can't live without emotion.
It wasn't that "only dad could calm me like that." It felt good for you to feel some sort of force holding back. That's not really a relationship that's just a response to the environment around them. I understand that it may be "just the dad" that can do that but I really doubt it. I don't think other people other than your father would ask, "Hey can I touch your stomach to calm the baby down specifically at this dinner time that we coincidently meet?" The father of course is the one who comes over not some friend because it's his child and he has the right to put his hand their to calm the baby. It's a simple response. John the Baptist lept because of God not because he was like, "Oh my word that's a mother of Jesus and I didn't even need God to figure that one out! I should just jump for joy because I have so much joy in my heart!" God was the one who made him leap. John the Baptist in the womb was manipulated by God to react to that situation that's a very specific example. Emotion doesn't describe relationships. Flies are scared, hungry, and happy too. That's just apart of life not apart of relationships. Relationships have emotion but emotion doesn't require relationships.

It was a matter of "only my dad could calm me." I have siblings, and they tried, and they weren't successful either. Babies can actually feel stress. When my mum was pregnant with my oldest brother, her boss was bullying her, and it was basically workplace harassment. My brother become really still when that happened. She actually became scared that she would lose him, so she went to the doctor, and the doctor made her take leave from work.

So you asked a fly if he felt scared when he was being chased with a swatter? And he was soooo happy when he found some rotting food? Hunger isn't even an emotion. It's a physical feeling, like touch. However, physical feelings can trigger emotions. Anyway, what's the point of having emotions if you don't have relationships?
Babies are capable of having relationships because they have emotions. They're not dumb pieces of protein that suck the life out of their mother. They're little human beings who have connections.
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 2 weeks ago #83898

Acts 5:29 says we ought to be obey God rather than men. It is better for us to follow what God has revealed in his holy Word, than to trust in our own opinions. We must study the Bible, and that should be our rule of faith. Therefore, I will not state my opinion, but only say that we should study God's Word.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 2 weeks ago #83900

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 707
  • Thank you received: 463
horsegirl04 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
We smash bugs and step on life forms all the time. Animals are being eaten all the time. It's apart of nature. It's just the truth. The reason a single cell on Mars is so cool is because it's unique and special. We wouldn't treat a cell on our planet the same way. I'm sorry but that's not a good comparison at all. Also some cells are special because they could be the last of their kind and should be well kept. I would understand if the baby was the only embryo left on earth that we should keep it alive.

I understand people are going to say things like, "Oh man but it's a life!" That's just a word. That bug you smashed was a life. Every time you use those mouse traps you're killing a life. It's apart of life and I'm a very practical person. Because of this I look at things not with emotion but with a logical (well at least at a state without emotion) stance. It's just an embryo that hasn't formed any relationships yet and hasn't really thought at all. It's like a fly it just moves around wanting to be alive with only one purpose, staying alive. It literally cannot form any articulate thought.

I don't think that your argument is valid. First animals were made to be below humans. that means that if someone kills a bug no one cares. But if some one was to kill a pregnant woman and they where taken to court they would be sentenced for killing two people.
But... You're comparing a mother's death and a lifeless little thing that doesn't really matter. People always use the "But it's innocent and feels pain," which doesn't make sense to me because the bug is just as innocent and prone to pain as that baby is. Those bugs are killed all the time by us and other animals. It's apart of nature and women shouldn't be shamed because of it. Animals were made to be below humans because they didn't have the brain capacity to make articulate or logical thoughts that could contribute to society, they were only there to do their job which was to survive (and by doing that they help the world in many ways) and to reproduce. Don't these animals sound a little like an embryo? No brain capacity and logical thoughts. The only thing is at least an animal has a purpose. An embryo can grow up to have a purpose but yet so far it has literally no reason to live. The reason why courts sentence these killers to the killing of two people is because that person took away the one-way relationship between the father and the mother between the baby. The mother wanted to have this baby and let it grow. It was, in her mind, her purpose and that killer took it away from her. Once that relationship is gone from the mother and the baby there is no love going in between and it's basically a rock in your stomach you will get rid of later for thousands of dollars.

you are acting like people go out randomly to kill bugs gust for the sake of killing bugs. Buy killing an unborn baby you are taking a life that could be in heaven. Maybe that person wouldn't be a famous scientist or a pastor that wins a lot of people for god. But that doesn't mean they cannot be a witness for God. Plus I think it's sad that you are comparing a human to a bug.
I never said that. I said that sometimes people have to kill bugs something because it's apart of nature and it's our sinful world. Everytime you use contraception you could get rid of a life that could be in heaven also. They could be the greatest pastor in the world but that doesn't matter because it hasn't happened yet and right now it's just a another unborn baby that is lifeless... I'm just repeating myself at this point. :/ Jesus compared Herod to a wolf. Jesus compared us to salt. We're not that important. We're important in Jesus' eyes but in reality we are just a speck of dust in this existance.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 2 weeks ago #83901

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 707
  • Thank you received: 463
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
We smash bugs and step on life forms all the time. Animals are being eaten all the time. It's apart of nature. It's just the truth. The reason a single cell on Mars is so cool is because it's unique and special. We wouldn't treat a cell on our planet the same way. I'm sorry but that's not a good comparison at all. Also some cells are special because they could be the last of their kind and should be well kept. I would understand if the baby was the only embryo left on earth that we should keep it alive.

I understand people are going to say things like, "Oh man but it's a life!" That's just a word. That bug you smashed was a life. Every time you use those mouse traps you're killing a life. It's apart of life and I'm a very practical person. Because of this I look at things not with emotion but with a logical (well at least at a state without emotion) stance. It's just an embryo that hasn't formed any relationships yet and hasn't really thought at all. It's like a fly it just moves around wanting to be alive with only one purpose, staying alive. It literally cannot form any articulate thought.
People get upset when men are compared to animals, and women are compared to possessions in the "feminism battle", so why are you comparing human lives to bugs?
As horsegirl04 said, there's a huge difference.
That's not a human life. Well according to science it is but it doesn't have what a life really has. A human life is a beautiful thing filled with love, relationships, hate, desires, goals, and free will. This thing has none of it. The only thing it has is the ability to recognize things in its environment and the ability to kick its legs and move around. That's not a human life.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 2 weeks ago #83902

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 707
  • Thank you received: 463
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
We smash bugs and step on life forms all the time. Animals are being eaten all the time. It's apart of nature. It's just the truth. The reason a single cell on Mars is so cool is because it's unique and special. We wouldn't treat a cell on our planet the same way. I'm sorry but that's not a good comparison at all. Also some cells are special because they could be the last of their kind and should be well kept. I would understand if the baby was the only embryo left on earth that we should keep it alive.

I understand people are going to say things like, "Oh man but it's a life!" That's just a word. That bug you smashed was a life. Every time you use those mouse traps you're killing a life. It's apart of life and I'm a very practical person. Because of this I look at things not with emotion but with a logical (well at least at a state without emotion) stance. It's just an embryo that hasn't formed any relationships yet and hasn't really thought at all. It's like a fly it just moves around wanting to be alive with only one purpose, staying alive. It literally cannot form any articulate thought.
No, they actually think about more than just staying alive. When my mum was pregnant with me, every time she sat down for dinner, no matter what time it was, I would start kicking like the end of the world. As soon as dad leaned over and put his hand on me, I would settle. Only dad could calm me like that. So don't try and tell me that babies only think about survival and don't have any relationships, cos they sure do.
Also, John the Baptist lept in his mum's womb when Mary arrived.

P.S. Relationships would exist without emotions. You can't live without emotion.
It wasn't that "only dad could calm me like that." It felt good for you to feel some sort of force holding back. That's not really a relationship that's just a response to the environment around them. I understand that it may be "just the dad" that can do that but I really doubt it. I don't think other people other than your father would ask, "Hey can I touch your stomach to calm the baby down specifically at this dinner time that we coincidently meet?" The father of course is the one who comes over not some friend because it's his child and he has the right to put his hand their to calm the baby. It's a simple response. John the Baptist lept because of God not because he was like, "Oh my word that's a mother of Jesus and I didn't even need God to figure that one out! I should just jump for joy because I have so much joy in my heart!" God was the one who made him leap. John the Baptist in the womb was manipulated by God to react to that situation that's a very specific example. Emotion doesn't describe relationships. Flies are scared, hungry, and happy too. That's just apart of life not apart of relationships. Relationships have emotion but emotion doesn't require relationships.

It was a matter of "only my dad could calm me." I have siblings, and they tried, and they weren't successful either. Babies can actually feel stress. When my mum was pregnant with my oldest brother, her boss was bullying her, and it was basically workplace harassment. My brother become really still when that happened. She actually became scared that she would lose him, so she went to the doctor, and the doctor made her take leave from work.

So you asked a fly if he felt scared when he was being chased with a swatter? And he was soooo happy when he found some rotting food? Hunger isn't even an emotion. It's a physical feeling, like touch. However, physical feelings can trigger emotions. Anyway, what's the point of having emotions if you don't have relationships?
Babies are capable of having relationships because they have emotions. They're not dumb pieces of protein that suck the life out of their mother. They're little human beings who have connections.
It was probably either his familiar voice or his large hands that felt good. You might be thinking I'm just being far-fetched but seriously how in the world did you as a embryo know it was your dad? Did you look through the embolical cord? :lol: When people grow up they get to love these people because they feel the passion their dad has for them when he comes to them smiling and carrying them. He helps the baby with hunger, thirst, business, and everything and because of the baby sees the love that comes from the dad and learns to appreciate it and learns to love and want him also. The embryo can't experience any of that other than the voice of its mother and father because it's used to hearing it. Also of course a baby would be scared of loud boss voices that are shivering through the body. It's different from the soothing voices he's used to. They don't have a connection with the mother. I really don't understand your point too well. You're saying that because someone has emotions that means they have relationships? No to have relationships you have to have emotions but you don't have to to have a relationships to have emotions. I can feel scared of loud noises but that doesn't mean I am in love with my girlfriend or something if that makes sense. By the way they are dumb pieces of protein. They are dumb because they don't have brain capacity. It sounds harsh but yes they aren't as smart as you and I. :lol: They don't suck the life out of their mother though. They are just a hassle. They don't have connections to anyone though. And regardless of connections and relationships these things don't have a purpose yet. They don't have goals or desires. Their purpose is to, sure, spread the word of God but so does everyone else. And I'm not saying that purpose is dumb I'm just saying the embryo doesn't even know about its purpose yet or anything.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 2 weeks ago #83903

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 707
  • Thank you received: 463
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
Acts 5:29 says we ought to be obey God rather than men. It is better for us to follow what God has revealed in his holy Word, than to trust in our own opinions. We must study the Bible, and that should be our rule of faith. Therefore, I will not state my opinion, but only say that we should study God's Word.
Well... that's like saying don't go to church because there are opinions there. Don't listen to the pastor because he's man and not God. It's totally fine to get ideas from other people to try and apply and see if it correlates with God. What if my opinion is that God has revealed something in his Holy Word. I think that God is fine with abortion and because of that I think that I'm following God. Your point is that we need to obey God and man but God is different to many people. Are you saying radical Muslims who want to kill Americans and others shouldn't listen to man because he should only listen to what he thinks God is saying? That's a terrible way to go through life. You should apply different opinions to your ideals and make up your own conclusion. You shouldn't totally ignore everybody else because you think your idea of God is right. Of course God can help you find the truth but what about to terroists. They are great examples of people who think they are doing the Godly thing but in fact they are doing terrible and we know God isn't saying that. To say "I will not state my opinion" because we're all men is a terrible idea. Then that means that no one shares their opinion on anything but just reads the Bible and stays silent. If I misunderstood the Bible and took Corinthians 14:34-35 and thought all women should be shunned in church, should I just ignore everyone and stay ignorant for the rest of my life?
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 2 weeks ago #83908

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 1004
  • Thank you received: 402
SRNitro wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
We smash bugs and step on life forms all the time. Animals are being eaten all the time. It's apart of nature. It's just the truth. The reason a single cell on Mars is so cool is because it's unique and special. We wouldn't treat a cell on our planet the same way. I'm sorry but that's not a good comparison at all. Also some cells are special because they could be the last of their kind and should be well kept. I would understand if the baby was the only embryo left on earth that we should keep it alive.

I understand people are going to say things like, "Oh man but it's a life!" That's just a word. That bug you smashed was a life. Every time you use those mouse traps you're killing a life. It's apart of life and I'm a very practical person. Because of this I look at things not with emotion but with a logical (well at least at a state without emotion) stance. It's just an embryo that hasn't formed any relationships yet and hasn't really thought at all. It's like a fly it just moves around wanting to be alive with only one purpose, staying alive. It literally cannot form any articulate thought.

I don't think that your argument is valid. First animals were made to be below humans. that means that if someone kills a bug no one cares. But if some one was to kill a pregnant woman and they where taken to court they would be sentenced for killing two people.
But... You're comparing a mother's death and a lifeless little thing that doesn't really matter. People always use the "But it's innocent and feels pain," which doesn't make sense to me because the bug is just as innocent and prone to pain as that baby is. Those bugs are killed all the time by us and other animals. It's apart of nature and women shouldn't be shamed because of it. Animals were made to be below humans because they didn't have the brain capacity to make articulate or logical thoughts that could contribute to society, they were only there to do their job which was to survive (and by doing that they help the world in many ways) and to reproduce. Don't these animals sound a little like an embryo? No brain capacity and logical thoughts. The only thing is at least an animal has a purpose. An embryo can grow up to have a purpose but yet so far it has literally no reason to live. The reason why courts sentence these killers to the killing of two people is because that person took away the one-way relationship between the father and the mother between the baby. The mother wanted to have this baby and let it grow. It was, in her mind, her purpose and that killer took it away from her. Once that relationship is gone from the mother and the baby there is no love going in between and it's basically a rock in your stomach you will get rid of later for thousands of dollars.

you are acting like people go out randomly to kill bugs gust for the sake of killing bugs. Buy killing an unborn baby you are taking a life that could be in heaven. Maybe that person wouldn't be a famous scientist or a pastor that wins a lot of people for god. But that doesn't mean they cannot be a witness for God. Plus I think it's sad that you are comparing a human to a bug.

I never said that. I said that sometimes people have to kill bugs something because it's apart of nature and it's our sinful world. Every Time you use contraception you could get rid of a life that could be in heaven also. They could be the greatest pastor in the world but that doesn't matter because it hasn't happened yet and right now it's just a another unborn baby that is lifeless... I'm just repeating myself at this point. :/ Jesus compared Herod to a wolf. Jesus compared us to salt. We're not that important. We're important in Jesus' eyes but in reality we are just a speck of dust in this existence.

Even the unborn babies are important to God, like you said we are really nothing We are only important in Jesus's eyes. Wouldn't unborn babies be important to God too?

Psalms 139:13-14
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
Happy Birthday Sunny!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 2 weeks ago #83945

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 697
  • Thank you received: 545
SRNitro wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
Acts 5:29 says we ought to be obey God rather than men. It is better for us to follow what God has revealed in his holy Word, than to trust in our own opinions. We must study the Bible, and that should be our rule of faith. Therefore, I will not state my opinion, but only say that we should study God's Word.
Well... that's like saying don't go to church because there are opinions there. Don't listen to the pastor because he's man and not God. It's totally fine to get ideas from other people to try and apply and see if it correlates with God. What if my opinion is that God has revealed something in his Holy Word. I think that God is fine with abortion and because of that I think that I'm following God. Your point is that we need to obey God and man but God is different to many people. Are you saying radical Muslims who want to kill Americans and others shouldn't listen to man because he should only listen to what he thinks God is saying? That's a terrible way to go through life. You should apply different opinions to your ideals and make up your own conclusion. You shouldn't totally ignore everybody else because you think your idea of God is right. Of course God can help you find the truth but what about to terroists. They are great examples of people who think they are doing the Godly thing but in fact they are doing terrible and we know God isn't saying that. To say "I will not state my opinion" because we're all men is a terrible idea. Then that means that no one shares their opinion on anything but just reads the Bible and stays silent. If I misunderstood the Bible and took Corinthians 14:34-35 and thought all women should be shunned in church, should I just ignore everyone and stay ignorant for the rest of my life?
That being said, it is good to not get on people's cases about their opinions; even if their opinion is to avoid opinions.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, horsegirl04

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 2 weeks ago #84204

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 707
  • Thank you received: 463
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
Acts 5:29 says we ought to be obey God rather than men. It is better for us to follow what God has revealed in his holy Word, than to trust in our own opinions. We must study the Bible, and that should be our rule of faith. Therefore, I will not state my opinion, but only say that we should study God's Word.
Well... that's like saying don't go to church because there are opinions there. Don't listen to the pastor because he's man and not God. It's totally fine to get ideas from other people to try and apply and see if it correlates with God. What if my opinion is that God has revealed something in his Holy Word. I think that God is fine with abortion and because of that I think that I'm following God. Your point is that we need to obey God and man but God is different to many people. Are you saying radical Muslims who want to kill Americans and others shouldn't listen to man because he should only listen to what he thinks God is saying? That's a terrible way to go through life. You should apply different opinions to your ideals and make up your own conclusion. You shouldn't totally ignore everybody else because you think your idea of God is right. Of course God can help you find the truth but what about to terroists. They are great examples of people who think they are doing the Godly thing but in fact they are doing terrible and we know God isn't saying that. To say "I will not state my opinion" because we're all men is a terrible idea. Then that means that no one shares their opinion on anything but just reads the Bible and stays silent. If I misunderstood the Bible and took Corinthians 14:34-35 and thought all women should be shunned in church, should I just ignore everyone and stay ignorant for the rest of my life?
That being said, it is good to not get on people's cases about their opinions; even if their opinion is to avoid opinions.
Well that's what a debate is. How can you join a debate thread and expect to not be debated against?
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 1 week ago #84361

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 697
  • Thank you received: 545
SRNitro wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
Acts 5:29 says we ought to be obey God rather than men. It is better for us to follow what God has revealed in his holy Word, than to trust in our own opinions. We must study the Bible, and that should be our rule of faith. Therefore, I will not state my opinion, but only say that we should study God's Word.
Well... that's like saying don't go to church because there are opinions there. Don't listen to the pastor because he's man and not God. It's totally fine to get ideas from other people to try and apply and see if it correlates with God. What if my opinion is that God has revealed something in his Holy Word. I think that God is fine with abortion and because of that I think that I'm following God. Your point is that we need to obey God and man but God is different to many people. Are you saying radical Muslims who want to kill Americans and others shouldn't listen to man because he should only listen to what he thinks God is saying? That's a terrible way to go through life. You should apply different opinions to your ideals and make up your own conclusion. You shouldn't totally ignore everybody else because you think your idea of God is right. Of course God can help you find the truth but what about to terroists. They are great examples of people who think they are doing the Godly thing but in fact they are doing terrible and we know God isn't saying that. To say "I will not state my opinion" because we're all men is a terrible idea. Then that means that no one shares their opinion on anything but just reads the Bible and stays silent. If I misunderstood the Bible and took Corinthians 14:34-35 and thought all women should be shunned in church, should I just ignore everyone and stay ignorant for the rest of my life?
That being said, it is good to not get on people's cases about their opinions; even if their opinion is to avoid opinions.
Well that's what a debate is. How can you join a debate thread and expect to not be debated against?
Maybe you mistook the debate for arguing and tried to stop what you thought was a growing storm, or something
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by SirGeneralCliche.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 6 days ago #84718

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 707
  • Thank you received: 463
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
Acts 5:29 says we ought to be obey God rather than men. It is better for us to follow what God has revealed in his holy Word, than to trust in our own opinions. We must study the Bible, and that should be our rule of faith. Therefore, I will not state my opinion, but only say that we should study God's Word.
Well... that's like saying don't go to church because there are opinions there. Don't listen to the pastor because he's man and not God. It's totally fine to get ideas from other people to try and apply and see if it correlates with God. What if my opinion is that God has revealed something in his Holy Word. I think that God is fine with abortion and because of that I think that I'm following God. Your point is that we need to obey God and man but God is different to many people. Are you saying radical Muslims who want to kill Americans and others shouldn't listen to man because he should only listen to what he thinks God is saying? That's a terrible way to go through life. You should apply different opinions to your ideals and make up your own conclusion. You shouldn't totally ignore everybody else because you think your idea of God is right. Of course God can help you find the truth but what about to terroists. They are great examples of people who think they are doing the Godly thing but in fact they are doing terrible and we know God isn't saying that. To say "I will not state my opinion" because we're all men is a terrible idea. Then that means that no one shares their opinion on anything but just reads the Bible and stays silent. If I misunderstood the Bible and took Corinthians 14:34-35 and thought all women should be shunned in church, should I just ignore everyone and stay ignorant for the rest of my life?
That being said, it is good to not get on people's cases about their opinions; even if their opinion is to avoid opinions.
Well that's what a debate is. How can you join a debate thread and expect to not be debated against?
Maybe you mistook the debate for arguing and tried to stop what you thought was a growing storm, or something
I'ma be totally honest, I have no idea what you said here.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 6 days ago #84764

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 697
  • Thank you received: 545
SRNitro wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
Acts 5:29 says we ought to be obey God rather than men. It is better for us to follow what God has revealed in his holy Word, than to trust in our own opinions. We must study the Bible, and that should be our rule of faith. Therefore, I will not state my opinion, but only say that we should study God's Word.
Well... that's like saying don't go to church because there are opinions there. Don't listen to the pastor because he's man and not God. It's totally fine to get ideas from other people to try and apply and see if it correlates with God. What if my opinion is that God has revealed something in his Holy Word. I think that God is fine with abortion and because of that I think that I'm following God. Your point is that we need to obey God and man but God is different to many people. Are you saying radical Muslims who want to kill Americans and others shouldn't listen to man because he should only listen to what he thinks God is saying? That's a terrible way to go through life. You should apply different opinions to your ideals and make up your own conclusion. You shouldn't totally ignore everybody else because you think your idea of God is right. Of course God can help you find the truth but what about to terroists. They are great examples of people who think they are doing the Godly thing but in fact they are doing terrible and we know God isn't saying that. To say "I will not state my opinion" because we're all men is a terrible idea. Then that means that no one shares their opinion on anything but just reads the Bible and stays silent. If I misunderstood the Bible and took Corinthians 14:34-35 and thought all women should be shunned in church, should I just ignore everyone and stay ignorant for the rest of my life?
That being said, it is good to not get on people's cases about their opinions; even if their opinion is to avoid opinions.
Well that's what a debate is. How can you join a debate thread and expect to not be debated against?
Maybe you mistook the debate for arguing and tried to stop what you thought was a growing storm, or something
I'ma be totally honest, I have no idea what you said here.
Me either
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 5 days ago #84911

  • SGirven
  • SGirven's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 26
  • Thank you received: 3
Why kill a baby? Life is wonderful!
Samuel. G
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 4 days ago #84942

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3850
  • Thank you received: 3078
What's the point of this debate again? I feel like everyone is just going in circles...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 4 days ago #84960

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 963
  • Thank you received: 1142
Quirky wrote:
What's the point of this debate again? I feel like everyone is just going in circles...
I gave up when people started contradicting themselves lol...
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 4 days ago #84962

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3850
  • Thank you received: 3078
Lol, I gave up when i realized that everyone was basically saying the same things over and over with no progress...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 4 days ago #84963

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 963
  • Thank you received: 1142
Quirky wrote:
Lol, I gave up when i realized that everyone was basically saying the same things over and over with no progress...
Cos no one was actually "listening" lol
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
Last Edit: 3 months 4 days ago by bush possum.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 3 months 4 days ago #84965

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3850
  • Thank you received: 3078
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Lol, I gave up when i realized that everyone was basically saying the same things over and over with no progress...
Cos no one was actually "listening" lol

Exactly?! And will anyone ever actually change thier mind??? Highly unlikely.... :dry:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, emmy01

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 4 weeks ago #85154

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 707
  • Thank you received: 463
Quirky wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Lol, I gave up when i realized that everyone was basically saying the same things over and over with no progress...
Cos no one was actually "listening" lol

Exactly?! And will anyone ever actually change thier mind??? Highly unlikely.... :dry:
Well that's like saying you're wasting time playing board games, video games, or watching a movie. Yes you are mostly wasting you're time but I'm having fun and if you're not that's fine you don't have to participate. I like debating even though sometimes I have to repeat myself.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds