Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 2 weeks ago #83023

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 846
  • Thank you received: 1012
bush possum wrote:
shaday wrote:
I believe abortion is up to the mother. In the end, it all comes down to her choice. I believe that killing is wrong but sometimes there are "valid" reasons for an abortion. If your mother was raped and got pregnant, would she want to keep the baby? Personally, I wouldn't keep the baby if I was raped. Other times there are complications that endanger the life of the mother. Yet in the end, it is still up to the mother. God gives us choice.
If God gives us choice, then why did He give us the Ten Commandments instead of the "Ten Recommendations"?
Ok, just realised I worded that wrong.
What I mean though, is that as Christians we shouldn't approve or support abortion because it goes against God's Commandments (Thou shalt not murder). And also, the laws of the land consider murder a crime, so why shouldn't abortion be a crime? Situation ethics.
God certainly gives us choice, but if we claim to be Christians, then our works must match our words with God's help.
The baby in the mother's womb is alive. It may not have any relationships formed, but it has a beating heart, and you're only officially pronounced dead when your heart stops beating, so why shouldn't we classify life by the converse? Also, the baby feels pain when it is aborted. The instruments they use to literally tear the baby apart cause it pain. The limbs are literally ripped off the body, and often they cut the spinal cord in the back of the neck to make it go faster.

To those who argue that pregnancy is dangerous and uncomfortable to the mother, pregnancy is natural and that's how you were conceived. A mother in normal circumstances is prepared for whatever may happen during the pregnancy because she thinks it's worth it. And tbh, nothing that you may experience during pregnancy outweighs the pleasure and value of the baby when it's finally born. Not even sleepless nights for 10 months! (I speak from second hand experience.)
God allows us to feel the frailty of human love so we'll appreciate the strength of His.
~C. S. Lewis~
Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, SRNitro, emmykitty, im a beekeeper

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 1 week ago #83122

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 643
  • Thank you received: 512
Is this discussion about whether we support abortion, or whether it should be legal? Because those are two different questions. I do not support the act of abortion outside of life-threatening circumstances, and would advise against anyone considering to get one. However, making abortion illegal won't get rid of it. It'll probably move underground, and the procedures will become a lot more dangerous. It would also certainly cause riots. In the past, the government has controlled things like moonshine and cigarettes with high taxes (don't quote me on that, but I'm like 70% sure that's true). It didn't get rid of it, but it reduced it by a bunch. Maybe taxes will do the same thing for abortion.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 1 week ago #83186

Looking at it from a atheist perspective, there's nothing wrong with it, because in a world without a God morals don't matter.

From a christian perspective, I would say it is wrong, because even though they're not a full-grown person, they're still a life, and haven't dlne anything wrong, so it could be considered legal murder. It's similar to killing a cat or a bird. They're not human, or capable of abstract thought or reason like humans, but that's not a good reason to kill them.

Also, I think two of your arguments are wrong. First, God ordering the isrealites to kill the caananites and goliath are different that killing an unborn baby. It's like saying killing a criminal and a civilian are the same thing. For one, the caananites and goliath were very sinful, and a threat to God's people, thus they had to be killed because they couldn't be turned to God. Then you have a unborn baby, which has done nothing wrong and hasn't made a choice to follow God or the world yet. Since they haven't made or had the chance to make that choice, God wouldn't want someone who hasn't had the choice yet to die, so it wouldn't be right.

Also, birth control and abortion are also pretty different, as one involves preventing a life from being formed, and the other kills a life after it has been formed.
You just wasted your time reading this meaningless signature...

Why are you still reading?

I already told you, there's nothing interesting here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999, horsegirl04

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 1 week ago #83243

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 423
I feel like some people haven't red all my replies. They ask a whole bunch of a questions and don't answer the ones I already asked. Before you get "offended" please read all my replies that explain most of your questions. I understand it's a lot to read but if it really is too much to read my arguments than don't reply at all saying you're "offended" and that I want to kill people and that I'm against God. I don't mean to judge your guys's character but a lot of replies have been not responding to my arguments. I may be wrong and all of you are perfect but I'm aiming these toward the people who read this and know they haven't read all of it.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 1 week ago #83267

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 461
  • Thank you received: 612
SRNitro wrote:
I feel like some people haven't red all my replies. They ask a whole bunch of a questions and don't answer the ones I already asked. Before you get "offended" please read all my replies that explain most of your questions. I understand it's a lot to read but if it really is too much to read my arguments than don't reply at all saying you're "offended" and that I want to kill people and that I'm against God. I don't mean to judge your guys's character but a lot of replies have been not responding to my arguments. I may be wrong and all of you are perfect but I'm aiming these toward the people who read this and know they haven't read all of it.
I have read all of your replies and stuff and while I think you're looking at things all the wrong way, I do not think that I'm perfect and you're wrong or a sinner or whatever. I believe that God made us each with individual opinions, and if everyone agreed with me or had the exact same mind as I did, life would be pretty boring.

I respect your opinion. I myself think that terms such as "euthanasia" or "abortion" are really just the term "killing" hiding behind dressed up, watered down explanations to try and rationalize what people are doing. But I know that you don't think that, and I'm not going to condemn you for thinking that way. You have your opinion and I have mine, and I believe we should respect that.

I enjoy debates because I love the chance to state my view on things. To me, debates are opportunities to share what I feel about certain topics and clarify why I feel that way. But to too many people, debates mean trying to make everyone see things their way or trying to create carbon copies of their opinion in everyone else's mind.

I believe that's wrong. God gave us brains so that we could use them to make our own choices and opinions on things, not so our minds could be made up for us.

So, while I enjoy debates to a certain point, eventually (as with this one) things can get a little too heated. While I am not mad at anyone and hope no one is mad at me, I would like to stop debating before things reach that point.

As I said, my reason for debating is simply to let others know how I feel about things. Since I feel that I have sufficiently done that and everyone knows what I believe, I think that it's time I left this particular topic.

I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind, and I accept that. I would feel bad if I, in fact, did force someone into my way of thinking.

So basically, what I'm trying to say is, I've really had fun debating with you, @SRNitro, and I hope you've had fun too. I think you brought up some really good points, and you're pretty smart. You're a great person to debate with, and I hope we can have more debates in the future.

And, while I disagree with you entirely, I do understand where you're coming from and why you believe what you do.

So thanks for the debate! I enjoyed it, and can't wait to have another one! (As long as it's friendly.)

:)
If you hold someone's heart in your hands,
It joins with yours and separates the arrows of war.

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro, mittens92999

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 1 week ago #83288

  • Felixx
  • Felixx's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Just try it. You'll definitely see.
  • Posts: 35
  • Thank you received: 15
Hello SRNitro!

Felixx here, I recently read your message about reading all the conversations---if you want new posters to hear it, then maybe you should write less lengthy messages! It's really hard for the young people here to pay attention and catch all the information. (It's really interesting to read, by the way)

ANYWAYS! I'll give you a lengthy argument of my own. I disagree with abortion. I get it, it's not out of the womb yet and it can't make a living by itself. I think that women already have the ability to make a choice. But I have also done research a couple years ago about the effects of abortion. With abortion comes risk, just like pregnancy.

There are physical lasting side effects. You can read them here:
[url=http://]http://americanpregnancy.org/unplanned-pregnancy/abortion-side-effects/[/url]

There are also emotional side effects.
[url=http://]http://americanpregnancy.org/unplanned-pregnancy/abortion-emotional-effects/[/url]

It's not worth it.

Personally, I think that most girls (not all, mind you, there are situations where the girl should be able to make a choice if they didn't consent to sex) should just own it up and deal with it. Take into consideration the fact that not all pregnancies are caused from rape. A lot of them are caused by people who didn't think and lacked protection before they acted. Yeah, sex is great and all, but take into consideration that sex is for making babies. It is not just for pleasure. I'll give you an example--if babies aren't 'living', as you say--then It's like making a mess from a birthday party and deciding to set the house on fire because you don't want to take the time and the effort to not pick it up.

Babies are a future life, whether you like it or not. God does not make people specifically dto die. That is the definition of Predestination. Seventh Day Adventists do not believe in Predestination. It all depends on choice. I believe that there are multiple outcomes to a situation and God sees how each of them end. Jesus was destined to die on the cross, but remember, he was human too. He had the ability to make a choice, and he chose to save us. So yes, "John" does matter.

Here's a biology lesson here:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

And please, don't use, "obliterated off the face of the earth" as a joke. It's not funny no matter who you talk about. Especially when you're talking to anti-abortionists.

:)

It can be no one other than myself to take the job~
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro, mittens92999

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 1 week ago #83347

  • missionarykid
  • missionarykid's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
  • Posts: 813
  • Thank you received: 548
Hi Felixx! I noticed you are new here on Guide so....

I'll leave the Guidesters to welcome you and for emmykitty to give you the official intro. ANyway, here's mine.

I'm MK. Everyone calls me MK. YOu can call me MK too.

Here are some stuff you should know.

1. VERY IMPORTANT!!!! We can get VERY crazy. lol.
2. Kwesi is krazy.
3. Mp137 is cool and calm.
4. Stverno is awesome. So are her glorious feet.
5. There are a lot of debate topics. As some people said, ignore them for the first few weeks or months. I failed at that. My first post was on a debate topic.
6. There are people here whose names are long. Like mine. And Blue Tornado's, im a beekeeper's, etc. It is helpful if you have a nickname for them. Mine is MK, Blue Tornado's is BT or (I call him) tornado of blue, im a beekeeper's is bee, bk, beekeeper. you can call notturningaside AJ. Or ankle biter.
7. Oh! Read this and don't ask about it in the future. The signature thingy ( I have it, a bunch of other people have it) that glows and has a bunch of cool stuff is on www.glowtxt.com
Put in your text, pick the style, customize it, then click get web code then copy the forum link and paste it into your signature. You can do that by going to edit profile (here on the discussion board).
8. We have some mods here that you might disagree with and you might call them immature and you might hate them but they are mods. They APPROVE YOUR POSTS. So bee respectful.
9. Chatzy. This is an important thing. Chatzy is a chatting website that some of the guidesters use. There are links to chatzy on bush's, bee's, and my profile.

Hope you stay buzzing around the honeyflowers!



~MK


Stverno is a FEMALE. I am a FEMALE too.

MINISTRY CHAT: us21.chatzy.com/67264006884418
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Felixx

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 1 week ago #83357

  • Felixx
  • Felixx's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Just try it. You'll definitely see.
  • Posts: 35
  • Thank you received: 15
Sup MK, I've actually was here a couple years ago in another account c: I'm just coming back to have some fun~ I like the debate topics the most. Thanks for introducing yourself, that didn't happen last time. Don't worry about the mods, I'll be agreeing with them. Anyways, I'll be floating around and looking for discussion boards that have heated discussions to write about. GM website has changed, and I'm excited to see how it has.

It can be no one other than myself to take the job~
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 1 week ago #83391

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 461
  • Thank you received: 612
missionarykid wrote:
Hi Felixx! I noticed you are new here on Guide so....

I'll leave the Guidesters to welcome you and for emmykitty to give you the official intro. ANyway, here's mine.

I'm MK. Everyone calls me MK. YOu can call me MK too.

Here are some stuff you should know.

1. VERY IMPORTANT!!!! We can get VERY crazy. lol.
2. Kwesi is krazy.
3. Mp137 is cool and calm.
4. Stverno is awesome. So are her glorious feet.
5. There are a lot of debate topics. As some people said, ignore them for the first few weeks or months. I failed at that. My first post was on a debate topic.
6. There are people here whose names are long. Like mine. And Blue Tornado's, im a beekeeper's, etc. It is helpful if you have a nickname for them. Mine is MK, Blue Tornado's is BT or (I call him) tornado of blue, im a beekeeper's is bee, bk, beekeeper. you can call notturningaside AJ. Or ankle biter.
7. Oh! Read this and don't ask about it in the future. The signature thingy ( I have it, a bunch of other people have it) that glows and has a bunch of cool stuff is on www.glowtxt.com
Put in your text, pick the style, customize it, then click get web code then copy the forum link and paste it into your signature. You can do that by going to edit profile (here on the discussion board).
8. We have some mods here that you might disagree with and you might call them immature and you might hate them but they are mods. They APPROVE YOUR POSTS. So bee respectful.
9. Chatzy. This is an important thing. Chatzy is a chatting website that some of the guidesters use. There are links to chatzy on bush's, bee's, and my profile.

Hope you stay buzzing around the honeyflowers!



~MK
The pencil. You forgot to include the pencil. You must include the pencil.

Oh, and welcome, Felixx!
If you hold someone's heart in your hands,
It joins with yours and separates the arrows of war.

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Felixx

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 4 days ago #83482

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3566
  • Thank you received: 2916
missionarykid wrote:
Hi Felixx! I noticed you are new here on Guide so....

I'll leave the Guidesters to welcome you and for emmykitty to give you the official intro. ANyway, here's mine.

I'm MK. Everyone calls me MK. YOu can call me MK too.

Here are some stuff you should know.

1. VERY IMPORTANT!!!! We can get VERY crazy. lol.
2. Kwesi is krazy.
3. Mp137 is cool and calm.
4. Stverno is awesome. So are her glorious feet.
5. There are a lot of debate topics. As some people said, ignore them for the first few weeks or months. I failed at that. My first post was on a debate topic.
6. There are people here whose names are long. Like mine. And Blue Tornado's, im a beekeeper's, etc. It is helpful if you have a nickname for them. Mine is MK, Blue Tornado's is BT or (I call him) tornado of blue, im a beekeeper's is bee, bk, beekeeper. you can call notturningaside AJ. Or ankle biter.
7. Oh! Read this and don't ask about it in the future. The signature thingy ( I have it, a bunch of other people have it) that glows and has a bunch of cool stuff is on www.glowtxt.com
Put in your text, pick the style, customize it, then click get web code then copy the forum link and paste it into your signature. You can do that by going to edit profile (here on the discussion board).
8. We have some mods here that you might disagree with and you might call them immature and you might hate them but they are mods. They APPROVE YOUR POSTS. So bee respectful.
9. Chatzy. This is an important thing. Chatzy is a chatting website that some of the guidesters use. There are links to chatzy on bush's, bee's, and my profile.

Hope you stay buzzing around the honeyflowers!



~MK

Aww, I fell off of MK's intro list

:tears:

I MUST COME ON GUIDE MORE OFTEN!!!

@ Felix, what account did you have before?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid, Felixx

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 4 days ago #83491

  • missionarykid
  • missionarykid's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm MK. Call me MK.
  • Posts: 813
  • Thank you received: 548
Quirky wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Hi Felixx! I noticed you are new here on Guide so....

I'll leave the Guidesters to welcome you and for emmykitty to give you the official intro. ANyway, here's mine.

I'm MK. Everyone calls me MK. YOu can call me MK too.

Here are some stuff you should know.

1. VERY IMPORTANT!!!! We can get VERY crazy. lol.
2. Kwesi is krazy.
3. Mp137 is cool and calm.
4. Stverno is awesome. So are her glorious feet.
5. There are a lot of debate topics. As some people said, ignore them for the first few weeks or months. I failed at that. My first post was on a debate topic.
6. There are people here whose names are long. Like mine. And Blue Tornado's, im a beekeeper's, etc. It is helpful if you have a nickname for them. Mine is MK, Blue Tornado's is BT or (I call him) tornado of blue, im a beekeeper's is bee, bk, beekeeper. you can call notturningaside AJ. Or ankle biter.
7. Oh! Read this and don't ask about it in the future. The signature thingy ( I have it, a bunch of other people have it) that glows and has a bunch of cool stuff is on www.glowtxt.com
Put in your text, pick the style, customize it, then click get web code then copy the forum link and paste it into your signature. You can do that by going to edit profile (here on the discussion board).
8. We have some mods here that you might disagree with and you might call them immature and you might hate them but they are mods. They APPROVE YOUR POSTS. So bee respectful.
9. Chatzy. This is an important thing. Chatzy is a chatting website that some of the guidesters use. There are links to chatzy on bush's, bee's, and my profile.

Hope you stay buzzing around the honeyflowers!



~MK

Aww, I fell off of MK's intro list

:tears:

I MUST COME ON GUIDE MORE OFTEN!!!

@ Felix, what account did you have before?
SORRY QUIRKY!!! I used my other intro that i used when you were gone. notice the italicized lol.

anyway,

Quirky is the most awesomest, quirky, cool, calm, crazy guidester you will see. She has the MOST POSTS and the MOST THANK YOUS (i think; haven't checked it). She was also demoted to the role of a moderator while she was gone. jk. she got promoted to a mod meaning that she checks your posts and knows your name....so you better trust her lol.

@emmy, pencils are cool. :)


Stverno is a FEMALE. I am a FEMALE too.

MINISTRY CHAT: us21.chatzy.com/67264006884418
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 4 days ago #83494

  • Felixx
  • Felixx's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Just try it. You'll definitely see.
  • Posts: 35
  • Thank you received: 15
My name was Hyperactive247. I was here many years ago. x3

It can be no one other than myself to take the job~
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 4 days ago #83527

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 461
  • Thank you received: 612
Felixx wrote:
My name was Hyperactive247. I was here many years ago. x3
Hey...

I know you!

lol not really, I never posted back then...(I don't even think I had an account...)

But I remember you! :lol:
If you hold someone's heart in your hands,
It joins with yours and separates the arrows of war.

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Felixx

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 4 days ago #83543

  • Felixx
  • Felixx's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Just try it. You'll definitely see.
  • Posts: 35
  • Thank you received: 15
emmy01 wrote:
Felixx wrote:
My name was Hyperactive247. I was here many years ago. x3
Hey...

I know you!

lol not really, I never posted back then...(I don't even think I had an account...)

But I remember you! :lol:

EEHEE! I know you too, actually! I remember when you first started to post x3 I remember all the old people who would debate on things like (*coughwomanpastorcough*) It was fun~ But I'm glad to see you remember me!! So missionarykid, don't worry too much about me, i know my way around :D

It can be no one other than myself to take the job~
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 4 days ago #83551

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 828
  • Thank you received: 346
Felixx wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Felixx wrote:
My name was Hyperactive247. I was here many years ago. x3
Hey...

I know you!

lol not really, I never posted back then...(I don't even think I had an account...)

But I remember you! :lol:

EEHEE! I know you too, actually! I remember when you first started to post x3 I remember all the old people who would debate on things like (*coughwomanpastorcough*) It was fun~ But I'm glad to see you remember me!! So missionarykid, don't worry too much about me, i know my way around :D

I remember you now. I was not in that debate, but I read it

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
#IMPORTANT #STVERNOISAGRIL #HASHTAGMOVEMENT
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 4 days ago #83567

  • Cool Cat
  • Cool Cat's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love computers and dirt bikes
  • Posts: 701
  • Thank you received: 224
Cool Cat wrote:
Life is life and shouldn't be ended. God made it with a plan. Its as simple as that. Its like saying that if someone has no relationships, you can go murder them. U wanna do that? No! U wouldn't even support that, but u support abortion? Think man!
Thats all im gonna say i don't whant to debate. :)

I don't think u saw this or u wouldn't still be debating
My website: HighGearMX.simplesite.com
Dirt bikes+computers= :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 3 days ago #83581

  • emmykitty
  • emmykitty's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Don't be lasagna.
  • Posts: 692
  • Thank you received: 295
wait so do I do the introduction?? :blink: :blink:
WELCOME BACK FELIXX!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:


#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Felixx

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 3 days ago #83601

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 461
  • Thank you received: 612
horsegirl04 wrote:
Felixx wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Felixx wrote:
My name was Hyperactive247. I was here many years ago. x3
Hey...

I know you!

lol not really, I never posted back then...(I don't even think I had an account...)

But I remember you! :lol:

EEHEE! I know you too, actually! I remember when you first started to post x3 I remember all the old people who would debate on things like (*coughwomanpastorcough*) It was fun~ But I'm glad to see you remember me!! So missionarykid, don't worry too much about me, i know my way around :D

I remember you now. I was not in that debate, but I read it
Same...

I didn't post on that debate, but I remember reading it...

@Felixx, that's kinda funny then, cause you were an "old" guidester when I joined, and now you're a "new" user...now I'm rather confused... :lol:

Whatever...Welcome back!
If you hold someone's heart in your hands,
It joins with yours and separates the arrows of war.

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 3 days ago #83611

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 423
Felixx wrote:
Hello SRNitro!

Felixx here, I recently read your message about reading all the conversations---if you want new posters to hear it, then maybe you should write less lengthy messages! It's really hard for the young people here to pay attention and catch all the information. (It's really interesting to read, by the way)

ANYWAYS! I'll give you a lengthy argument of my own. I disagree with abortion. I get it, it's not out of the womb yet and it can't make a living by itself. I think that women already have the ability to make a choice. But I have also done research a couple years ago about the effects of abortion. With abortion comes risk, just like pregnancy.

There are physical lasting side effects. You can read them here:
[url=http://]http://americanpregnancy.org/unplanned-pregnancy/abortion-side-effects/[/url]

There are also emotional side effects.
[url=http://]http://americanpregnancy.org/unplanned-pregnancy/abortion-emotional-effects/[/url]

It's not worth it.

Personally, I think that most girls (not all, mind you, there are situations where the girl should be able to make a choice if they didn't consent to sex) should just own it up and deal with it. Take into consideration the fact that not all pregnancies are caused from rape. A lot of them are caused by people who didn't think and lacked protection before they acted. Yeah, sex is great and all, but take into consideration that sex is for making babies. It is not just for pleasure. I'll give you an example--if babies aren't 'living', as you say--then It's like making a mess from a birthday party and deciding to set the house on fire because you don't want to take the time and the effort to not pick it up.

Babies are a future life, whether you like it or not. God does not make people specifically dto die. That is the definition of Predestination. Seventh Day Adventists do not believe in Predestination. It all depends on choice. I believe that there are multiple outcomes to a situation and God sees how each of them end. Jesus was destined to die on the cross, but remember, he was human too. He had the ability to make a choice, and he chose to save us. So yes, "John" does matter.

Here's a biology lesson here:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

And please, don't use, "obliterated off the face of the earth" as a joke. It's not funny no matter who you talk about. Especially when you're talking to anti-abortionists.

:)

Okay honestly I like your first paragraph because it made a pretty good point I haven't heard yet. I love your house example and I like how you used facts from sources. I can see you're a smart person. I still can't agree with you. Sorry, can't give you the pleasure of winning me over and I'm guessing I won't get that pleasure either lol. Winning people in debates? I've never heard that one before (I'm making fun of myself also just in case you think I'm making fun of everyone else). Also I think burning the house is fine compared to this. I know it sounds like lazy but it's the truth it's literally just finding ways not to do more work. The difference is a house is needed to actually live. A baby isn't needed and it's a lot of work. A house is a lot of work to clean and stuff but it's needed. Very needed, I mean you need somewhere to live right? The mom's not lazy for not wanting a baby whilst she's in school. Also I understand that you "think" that life starts when the egg is fertilized but I "think" that a sperm cell is just as inactive than a fertilized egg. I've argued about that one before.

About the "obliterated off the face of the earth" joke thing is funny in my opinion. I understand jokes are usually thought as supposed to be something happy but usually they are unfunny in my opinion. That is what jokes are, turning something bad into something bad and funny. When I'm saying "obliterated off the face of the earth" I'm not making fun of dead people and I'm not offending people who are dead and not making death a good thing. All I'm doing is taking something terrible and making into a funny thing so we can handle it better. Think about the jokes you hear and say they are usually about something bad. If not then you probably just have a weird sense of humor. When I'm saying "obliterated off the face of the earth" the joke is that it's death and it's so sad and I'm saying here that I want to take embryos and do the worst thing I could do to them. It's honestly more of a jab at myself than to anybody else. I'm saying isn't it kind of funny that I'm for the idea of killing babies basically? Well I am and a little self-deprecation humor never hurt anybody around me.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 3 days ago #83618

  • Felixx
  • Felixx's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Just try it. You'll definitely see.
  • Posts: 35
  • Thank you received: 15
Lol thanks~

It can be no one other than myself to take the job~
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 3 days ago #83647

  • Felixx
  • Felixx's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Just try it. You'll definitely see.
  • Posts: 35
  • Thank you received: 15
SRNitro wrote:
Felixx wrote:
Hello SRNitro!

Felixx here, I recently read your message about reading all the conversations---if you want new posters to hear it, then maybe you should write less lengthy messages! It's really hard for the young people here to pay attention and catch all the information. (It's really interesting to read, by the way)

ANYWAYS! I'll give you a lengthy argument of my own. I disagree with abortion. I get it, it's not out of the womb yet and it can't make a living by itself. I think that women already have the ability to make a choice. But I have also done research a couple years ago about the effects of abortion. With abortion comes risk, just like pregnancy.

There are physical lasting side effects. You can read them here:
[url=http://]http://americanpregnancy.org/unplanned-pregnancy/abortion-side-effects/[/url]

There are also emotional side effects.
[url=http://]http://americanpregnancy.org/unplanned-pregnancy/abortion-emotional-effects/[/url]

It's not worth it.

Personally, I think that most girls (not all, mind you, there are situations where the girl should be able to make a choice if they didn't consent to sex) should just own it up and deal with it. Take into consideration the fact that not all pregnancies are caused from rape. A lot of them are caused by people who didn't think and lacked protection before they acted. Yeah, sex is great and all, but take into consideration that sex is for making babies. It is not just for pleasure. I'll give you an example--if babies aren't 'living', as you say--then It's like making a mess from a birthday party and deciding to set the house on fire because you don't want to take the time and the effort to not pick it up.

Babies are a future life, whether you like it or not. God does not make people specifically dto die. That is the definition of Predestination. Seventh Day Adventists do not believe in Predestination. It all depends on choice. I believe that there are multiple outcomes to a situation and God sees how each of them end. Jesus was destined to die on the cross, but remember, he was human too. He had the ability to make a choice, and he chose to save us. So yes, "John" does matter.

Here's a biology lesson here:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

And please, don't use, "obliterated off the face of the earth" as a joke. It's not funny no matter who you talk about. Especially when you're talking to anti-abortionists.

:)

Okay honestly I like your first paragraph because it made a pretty good point I haven't heard yet. I love your house example and I like how you used facts from sources. I can see you're a smart person. I still can't agree with you. Sorry, can't give you the pleasure of winning me over and I'm guessing I won't get that pleasure either lol. Winning people in debates? I've never heard that one before (I'm making fun of myself also just in case you think I'm making fun of everyone else). Also I think burning the house is fine compared to this. I know it sounds like lazy but it's the truth it's literally just finding ways not to do more work. The difference is a house is needed to actually live. A baby isn't needed and it's a lot of work. A house is a lot of work to clean and stuff but it's needed. Very needed, I mean you need somewhere to live right? The mom's not lazy for not wanting a baby whilst she's in school. Also I understand that you "think" that life starts when the egg is fertilized but I "think" that a sperm cell is just as inactive than a fertilized egg. I've argued about that one before.

About the "obliterated off the face of the earth" joke thing is funny in my opinion. I understand jokes are usually thought as supposed to be something happy but usually they are unfunny in my opinion. That is what jokes are, turning something bad into something bad and funny. When I'm saying "obliterated off the face of the earth" I'm not making fun of dead people and I'm not offending people who are dead and not making death a good thing. All I'm doing is taking something terrible and making into a funny thing so we can handle it better. Think about the jokes you hear and say they are usually about something bad. If not then you probably just have a weird sense of humor. When I'm saying "obliterated off the face of the earth" the joke is that it's death and it's so sad and I'm saying here that I want to take embryos and do the worst thing I could do to them. It's honestly more of a jab at myself than to anybody else. I'm saying isn't it kind of funny that I'm for the idea of killing babies basically? Well I am and a little self-deprecation humor never hurt anybody around me.

Haha, I think the real question is if the baby is actually alive in the womb~ But I see your point, and if you want to believe that it is not, then thats a you thing. When I used the house idea, it's more of a "it makes no sense to do this" idea. Like they had intercourse with someone else (=baby) and now they're throwing it away like trash? That's ridiculous. Just like burning the house idea. I'm more for the "get over it and deal with the consequences" kind of person. (going back to the girl who's in school and wants to have a life) Unfortunately, I can't force anybody to keep it. I think you're a smart person too~ Just be careful what you say, as much as you think some people don't find certain words offensive, others do.

It can be no one other than myself to take the job~
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 2 days ago #83719

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2182
  • Thank you received: 1941
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, missionarykid, emmy01

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 1 day ago #83755

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 423
Mp137 wrote:
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
We smash bugs and step on life forms all the time. Animals are being eaten all the time. It's apart of nature. It's just the truth. The reason a single cell on Mars is so cool is because it's unique and special. We wouldn't treat a cell on our planet the same way. I'm sorry but that's not a good comparison at all. Also some cells are special because they could be the last of their kind and should be well kept. I would understand if the baby was the only embryo left on earth that we should keep it alive.

I understand people are going to say things like, "Oh man but it's a life!" That's just a word. That bug you smashed was a life. Every time you use those mouse traps you're killing a life. It's apart of life and I'm a very practical person. Because of this I look at things not with emotion but with a logical (well at least at a state without emotion) stance. It's just an embryo that hasn't formed any relationships yet and hasn't really thought at all. It's like a fly it just moves around wanting to be alive with only one purpose, staying alive. It literally cannot form any articulate thought.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 1 day ago #83761

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 846
  • Thank you received: 1012
SRNitro wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
We smash bugs and step on life forms all the time. Animals are being eaten all the time. It's apart of nature. It's just the truth. The reason a single cell on Mars is so cool is because it's unique and special. We wouldn't treat a cell on our planet the same way. I'm sorry but that's not a good comparison at all. Also some cells are special because they could be the last of their kind and should be well kept. I would understand if the baby was the only embryo left on earth that we should keep it alive.

I understand people are going to say things like, "Oh man but it's a life!" That's just a word. That bug you smashed was a life. Every time you use those mouse traps you're killing a life. It's apart of life and I'm a very practical person. Because of this I look at things not with emotion but with a logical (well at least at a state without emotion) stance. It's just an embryo that hasn't formed any relationships yet and hasn't really thought at all. It's like a fly it just moves around wanting to be alive with only one purpose, staying alive. It literally cannot form any articulate thought.
No, they actually think about more than just staying alive. When my mum was pregnant with me, every time she sat down for dinner, no matter what time it was, I would start kicking like the end of the world. As soon as dad leaned over and put his hand on me, I would settle. Only dad could calm me like that. So don't try and tell me that babies only think about survival and don't have any relationships, cos they sure do.
Also, John the Baptist lept in his mum's womb when Mary arrived.

P.S. Relationships would exist without emotions. You can't live without emotion.
God allows us to feel the frailty of human love so we'll appreciate the strength of His.
~C. S. Lewis~
Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04, emmy01

I think abortion is okay. Prove me wrong in a civil matter! Notice I said civil. 2 months 1 day ago #83811

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2182
  • Thank you received: 1941
SRNitro wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
I'm going to make a very short point that I read somewhere.

If a single cell is found on mars, it will be considered a huge scientific breakthrough and an amazing life form. Therefor, why wouldn't a clump of cells that are growing at a rapid rate into a human be considered a life form.
We smash bugs and step on life forms all the time. Animals are being eaten all the time. It's apart of nature. It's just the truth. The reason a single cell on Mars is so cool is because it's unique and special. We wouldn't treat a cell on our planet the same way. I'm sorry but that's not a good comparison at all. Also some cells are special because they could be the last of their kind and should be well kept. I would understand if the baby was the only embryo left on earth that we should keep it alive.

I understand people are going to say things like, "Oh man but it's a life!" That's just a word. That bug you smashed was a life. Every time you use those mouse traps you're killing a life. It's apart of life and I'm a very practical person. Because of this I look at things not with emotion but with a logical (well at least at a state without emotion) stance. It's just an embryo that hasn't formed any relationships yet and hasn't really thought at all. It's like a fly it just moves around wanting to be alive with only one purpose, staying alive. It literally cannot form any articulate thought.

That argument is invalid for me personally. First, I'm vegetarian. Second, this sounds stupid, but I don't kill bugs. Ever.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds