Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A question that requires a lot of thinking

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 3 weeks ago #82593

  • jGod8865
  • jGod8865's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 342
  • Thank you received: 108
If you had a best friend and they told you that they were getting married and you were invited to their wedding. But you found out they were getting married to some of their same gender, would you go?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 3 weeks ago #82613

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 423
Yeah. Would watching a gay marriage be sinning? Why would watching some gay people be sin. Maybe being gay is a sin but watching the wedding?
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 3 weeks ago #82679

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 825
  • Thank you received: 982
I wouldn't go. This person is my best friend, and they probably know my beliefs.

This does not mean that I will stop being friends with this person or their spouse. (Unless, of course, the spouse is a total jerkface and then I wouldn't support the marriage regardless)

Chances are I'd just send them a microwave or something. (That's what you do at weddings, right?)



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Stverno.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, horsegirl04

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 3 weeks ago #82711

  • jGod8865
  • jGod8865's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 342
  • Thank you received: 108
Yeah I would not go either.

My pastor was talking about this topic last sabbath. He said that you shouldn't go to places that would make God feel uncomfortable. Since God said that man should be with woman and woman with man. Not man and man and woman and woman. So being in a place where man and man or woman and woman are being wed would be a place where God would not be present.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 3 weeks ago #82723

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 846
  • Thank you received: 1012
SRNitro wrote:
Yeah. Would watching a gay marriage be sinning? Why would watching some gay people be sin. Maybe being gay is a sin but watching the wedding?
Psalms 101:3 >>
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
God allows us to feel the frailty of human love so we'll appreciate the strength of His.
~C. S. Lewis~
Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999, im a beekeeper

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 3 weeks ago #82725

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 423
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Yeah. Would watching a gay marriage be sinning? Why would watching some gay people be sin. Maybe being gay is a sin but watching the wedding?
Psalms 101:3 >>
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

I like the NIV version better:
I will not look with approval
on anything that is vile.
I hate what faithless people do;
I will have no part in it.

You're saying that anything that is bad we shouldn't look at. Well the Bible has a lot of things that are bad but we don't look at them with approval like in the NIV says. We see murder in the bible and hear about rape, does that mean we're sinning because we hear of bad things? I never said to approve of the wedding. And when it says "I will have no part in it," it means I will not rape, murder, or be gay like in the marriage. Why would watching a marriage with two men be terrible? Would it make me gay or something? That doesn't make sense to me at all.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sk8er4God

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 3 weeks ago #82727

  • jGod8865
  • jGod8865's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 342
  • Thank you received: 108
SRNitro wrote:
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Yeah. Would watching a gay marriage be sinning? Why would watching some gay people be sin. Maybe being gay is a sin but watching the wedding?
Psalms 101:3 >>
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

I like the NIV version better:
I will not look with approval
on anything that is vile.
I hate what faithless people do;
I will have no part in it.

You're saying that anything that is bad we shouldn't look at. Well the Bible has a lot of things that are bad but we don't look at them with approval like in the NIV says. We see murder in the bible and hear about rape, does that mean we're sinning because we hear of bad things? I never said to approve of the wedding. And when it says "I will have no part in it," it means I will not rape, murder, or be gay like in the marriage. Why would watching a marriage with two men be terrible? Would it make me gay or something? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

As SDA's we are supposed to do what Jesus would do.
Now think about this. Would Jesus attend a same gender marriage?

No He would not so therefore we should not attend the wedding
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 3 weeks ago #82734

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 423
jGod8865 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Yeah. Would watching a gay marriage be sinning? Why would watching some gay people be sin. Maybe being gay is a sin but watching the wedding?
Psalms 101:3 >>
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

I like the NIV version better:
I will not look with approval
on anything that is vile.
I hate what faithless people do;
I will have no part in it.

You're saying that anything that is bad we shouldn't look at. Well the Bible has a lot of things that are bad but we don't look at them with approval like in the NIV says. We see murder in the bible and hear about rape, does that mean we're sinning because we hear of bad things? I never said to approve of the wedding. And when it says "I will have no part in it," it means I will not rape, murder, or be gay like in the marriage. Why would watching a marriage with two men be terrible? Would it make me gay or something? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

As SDA's we are supposed to do what Jesus would do.
Now think about this. Would Jesus attend a same gender marriage?

No He would not so therefore we should not attend the wedding

Luke 5:29-32

"29 Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, 'Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?'

31 Jesus answered them, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.'"
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwesi, endershadow112

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 3 weeks ago #82738

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 846
  • Thank you received: 1012
SRNitro wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Yeah. Would watching a gay marriage be sinning? Why would watching some gay people be sin. Maybe being gay is a sin but watching the wedding?
Psalms 101:3 >>
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

I like the NIV version better:
I will not look with approval
on anything that is vile.
I hate what faithless people do;
I will have no part in it.

You're saying that anything that is bad we shouldn't look at. Well the Bible has a lot of things that are bad but we don't look at them with approval like in the NIV says. We see murder in the bible and hear about rape, does that mean we're sinning because we hear of bad things? I never said to approve of the wedding. And when it says "I will have no part in it," it means I will not rape, murder, or be gay like in the marriage. Why would watching a marriage with two men be terrible? Would it make me gay or something? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

As SDA's we are supposed to do what Jesus would do.
Now think about this. Would Jesus attend a same gender marriage?

No He would not so therefore we should not attend the wedding

Luke 5:29-32

"29 Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, 'Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?'

31 Jesus answered them, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.'"
He ate and drank with them, not cheated, gambled, and sinned.
We shouldn't associate with the ungodly except for evangelistic purposes.
God allows us to feel the frailty of human love so we'll appreciate the strength of His.
~C. S. Lewis~
Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 3 weeks ago #82747

  • Cool Cat
  • Cool Cat's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love computers and dirt bikes
  • Posts: 701
  • Thank you received: 224
I would say "sorry ill be busy dirt biking" ;)
My website: HighGearMX.simplesite.com
Dirt bikes+computers= :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82749

  • im a beekeeper
  • im a beekeeper's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Fellow fruit loop :P
  • Posts: 390
  • Thank you received: 186
If you go you are basically support their decision.

guidecyberclub.org/beekeeper
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, maplesyruphotel9

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82753

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 828
  • Thank you received: 346
jGod8865 wrote:
If you had a best friend and they told you that they were getting married and you were invited to their wedding. But you found out they were getting married to some of their same gender, would you go?

I would not go to their wedding because I would not want to support what they are doing. but i would still be their friend, they would know what i believe in and hopefuly they would understand.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
#IMPORTANT #STVERNOISAGRIL #HASHTAGMOVEMENT
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82804

  • Chickadee
  • Chickadee's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love dogs!!
  • Posts: 273
  • Thank you received: 211
SRNitro wrote:
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Yeah. Would watching a gay marriage be sinning? Why would watching some gay people be sin. Maybe being gay is a sin but watching the wedding?
Psalms 101:3 >>
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

I like the NIV version better:
I will not look with approval
on anything that is vile.
I hate what faithless people do;
I will have no part in it.

You're saying that anything that is bad we shouldn't look at. Well the Bible has a lot of things that are bad but we don't look at them with approval like in the NIV says. We see murder in the bible and hear about rape, does that mean we're sinning because we hear of bad things? I never said to approve of the wedding. And when it says "I will have no part in it," it means I will not rape, murder, or be gay like in the marriage. Why would watching a marriage with two men be terrible? Would it make me gay or something? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

The Jesuits wrote the NIV

It's a Jesuit bible
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82831

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 643
  • Thank you received: 512
SRNitro wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Yeah. Would watching a gay marriage be sinning? Why would watching some gay people be sin. Maybe being gay is a sin but watching the wedding?
Psalms 101:3 >>
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

I like the NIV version better:
I will not look with approval
on anything that is vile.
I hate what faithless people do;
I will have no part in it.

You're saying that anything that is bad we shouldn't look at. Well the Bible has a lot of things that are bad but we don't look at them with approval like in the NIV says. We see murder in the bible and hear about rape, does that mean we're sinning because we hear of bad things? I never said to approve of the wedding. And when it says "I will have no part in it," it means I will not rape, murder, or be gay like in the marriage. Why would watching a marriage with two men be terrible? Would it make me gay or something? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

As SDA's we are supposed to do what Jesus would do.
Now think about this. Would Jesus attend a same gender marriage?

No He would not so therefore we should not attend the wedding

Luke 5:29-32

"29 Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, 'Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?'

31 Jesus answered them, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.'"
After reading the passage you referenced, this is my conclusion: If Jesus attended a gay wedding, He would do so with the intention of calling them out of it somehow.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, horsegirl04

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82881

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 828
  • Thank you received: 346
if you were to attend their wedding you would be celebrating what is wrong or sin.

i like what Sir wrote about if Jesus attended a gay wedding, He would do so with the intention of calling them out of it somehow.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
#IMPORTANT #STVERNOISAGRIL #HASHTAGMOVEMENT
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82906

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 423
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Yeah. Would watching a gay marriage be sinning? Why would watching some gay people be sin. Maybe being gay is a sin but watching the wedding?
Psalms 101:3 >>
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

I like the NIV version better:
I will not look with approval
on anything that is vile.
I hate what faithless people do;
I will have no part in it.

You're saying that anything that is bad we shouldn't look at. Well the Bible has a lot of things that are bad but we don't look at them with approval like in the NIV says. We see murder in the bible and hear about rape, does that mean we're sinning because we hear of bad things? I never said to approve of the wedding. And when it says "I will have no part in it," it means I will not rape, murder, or be gay like in the marriage. Why would watching a marriage with two men be terrible? Would it make me gay or something? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

As SDA's we are supposed to do what Jesus would do.
Now think about this. Would Jesus attend a same gender marriage?

No He would not so therefore we should not attend the wedding

Luke 5:29-32

"29 Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, 'Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?'

31 Jesus answered them, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.'"
He ate and drank with them, not cheated, gambled, and sinned.
We shouldn't associate with the ungodly except for evangelistic purposes.

Did I ever say I was going to be gay when I joined the wedding? If Jesus wen to a casino would he gamble? No. If Jesus went to a homosexual marriage would he suddenly turn gay and say "YAY I SUPPORT GAYS!" No. He's just attending.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwesi

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82908

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 423
im a beekeeper wrote:
If you go you are basically support their decision.
How? You're just saying that you support your best friend not the homosexuality.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwesi

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82910

  • Kwesi
  • Kwesi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Posts: 658
  • Thank you received: 1335
So you are telling me going to the wedding is a sin.

That was what the Pharisees said about Jesus when he had dinner with the disciples.

Even Jesus went to a wedding that had wine(alcohol)

Are you telling me that Jesus sinned just because he showed up there. No he went there to manifest the power of God not to call them out

The best way to pull someone out of sin is not to condemn them but to show them love and mercy
The end is here and the whistleblower has finished their job.
RIP Kwesi - 05/0CT/2014 - 21/OCT/2017.


The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro, SkeleBoy10

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82912

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 423
Kwesi wrote:
So you are telling me going to the wedding is a sin.

That was what the Pharisees said about Jesus when he had dinner with the disciples.

Even Jesus went to a wedding that had wine(alcohol)

Are you telling me that Jesus sinned just because he showed up there. No he went there to manifest the power of God not to call them out

The best way to pull someone out of sin is not to condemn them but to show them love and mercy

I like how you think Kwesi.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwesi

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82913

  • Kwesi
  • Kwesi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Posts: 658
  • Thank you received: 1335
SRNitro wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
So you are telling me going to the wedding is a sin.

That was what the Pharisees said about Jesus when he had dinner with the disciples.

Even Jesus went to a wedding that had wine(alcohol)

Are you telling me that Jesus sinned just because he showed up there. No he went there to manifest the power of God not to call them out

The best way to pull someone out of sin is not to condemn them but to show them love and mercy

I like how you think Kwesi.
Thanks
The end is here and the whistleblower has finished their job.
RIP Kwesi - 05/0CT/2014 - 21/OCT/2017.


The administrator has disabled public write access.

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82914

  • Kwesi
  • Kwesi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Posts: 658
  • Thank you received: 1335
im a beekeeper wrote:
If you go you are basically support their decision.
When Jesus met with Zacheus at his home did it mean he supported his sins?

Of course not

You have to look at all the details
The end is here and the whistleblower has finished their job.
RIP Kwesi - 05/0CT/2014 - 21/OCT/2017.


The administrator has disabled public write access.

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82916

  • Kwesi
  • Kwesi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Posts: 658
  • Thank you received: 1335
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Yeah. Would watching a gay marriage be sinning? Why would watching some gay people be sin. Maybe being gay is a sin but watching the wedding?
Psalms 101:3 >>
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

I like the NIV version better:
I will not look with approval
on anything that is vile.
I hate what faithless people do;
I will have no part in it.

You're saying that anything that is bad we shouldn't look at. Well the Bible has a lot of things that are bad but we don't look at them with approval like in the NIV says. We see murder in the bible and hear about rape, does that mean we're sinning because we hear of bad things? I never said to approve of the wedding. And when it says "I will have no part in it," it means I will not rape, murder, or be gay like in the marriage. Why would watching a marriage with two men be terrible? Would it make me gay or something? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

As SDA's we are supposed to do what Jesus would do.
Now think about this. Would Jesus attend a same gender marriage?

No He would not so therefore we should not attend the wedding

Luke 5:29-32

"29 Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, 'Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?'

31 Jesus answered them, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.'"
After reading the passage you referenced, this is my conclusion: If Jesus attended a gay wedding, He would do so with the intention of calling them out of it somehow.

When Jesus met Zacchaeus, The priests were like "Oh no he is eating with sinners"
Jesus said “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.”

When Jesus met with Zacchaeus his intention was not to call him out. But to show him love and Kindness
And it worked.
And that is why Zacchaeus decided to give back to the poor.
The end is here and the whistleblower has finished their job.
RIP Kwesi - 05/0CT/2014 - 21/OCT/2017.


The administrator has disabled public write access.

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82917

  • Kwesi
  • Kwesi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Posts: 658
  • Thank you received: 1335
im a beekeeper wrote:
If you go you are basically support their decision.
Jesus didn't support Zacchaeus sins but yet he went
Jesus didn't support alcohol at weddings but yet he went
Jesus didn't support the disciples sins but yet he went and dined with them
The end is here and the whistleblower has finished their job.
RIP Kwesi - 05/0CT/2014 - 21/OCT/2017.


The administrator has disabled public write access.

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82933

  • LittleLadyBug
  • LittleLadyBug's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Posts: 411
  • Thank you received: 180
no
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A question that requires a lot of thinking 2 months 2 weeks ago #82939

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 643
  • Thank you received: 512
Kwesi wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
bush possum wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Yeah. Would watching a gay marriage be sinning? Why would watching some gay people be sin. Maybe being gay is a sin but watching the wedding?
Psalms 101:3 >>
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

I like the NIV version better:
I will not look with approval
on anything that is vile.
I hate what faithless people do;
I will have no part in it.

You're saying that anything that is bad we shouldn't look at. Well the Bible has a lot of things that are bad but we don't look at them with approval like in the NIV says. We see murder in the bible and hear about rape, does that mean we're sinning because we hear of bad things? I never said to approve of the wedding. And when it says "I will have no part in it," it means I will not rape, murder, or be gay like in the marriage. Why would watching a marriage with two men be terrible? Would it make me gay or something? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

As SDA's we are supposed to do what Jesus would do.
Now think about this. Would Jesus attend a same gender marriage?

No He would not so therefore we should not attend the wedding

Luke 5:29-32

"29 Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, 'Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?'

31 Jesus answered them, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.'"
After reading the passage you referenced, this is my conclusion: If Jesus attended a gay wedding, He would do so with the intention of calling them out of it somehow.

When Jesus met Zacchaeus, The priests were like "Oh no he is eating with sinners"
Jesus said “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.”

When Jesus met with Zacchaeus his intention was not to call him out. But to show him love and Kindness
And it worked.
And that is why Zacchaeus decided to give back to the poor.
You misunderstood me:
I didn't say call them out. I said call them out of it (that is, show them that they're wrong and that there is a better way).
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, horsegirl04
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds