Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Debating with an Atheist

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 4 weeks ago #75333

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 668
  • Thank you received: 528
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 4 weeks ago #75366

  • Kwesi
  • Kwesi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Posts: 672
  • Thank you received: 1343
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"
We have respect for human life
Since Guide is blocking my post and I am unable to defend myself. I am innocent(Hinestly I really don't mind If you beleive me or not - It is the truth). MK I will very much appreciate if you check your facts before making rumors. I am Kwesi and Lisa is Lisa. 2 seperate beings.(Lisa is my sister)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 4 weeks ago #75378

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 843
  • Thank you received: 556
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"
Where in the Bible does it say we believe in abortion? But I can see how it is; one of the 10 commandments is "Don't murder" and abortion can be taken as murder. I somewhat believe in Pro-choice (which is when the mother gets to choose whether to abort or not (but of course that is before they tell her whether it's a girl or a boy, etc)). The reason being is because maybe the mother can't afford or give the baby a good start at life. Some people say that it's better to be dead than live a lifetime of suffering. If the mother can't care for the baby (maybe because of the state she is in), then what? It's also cruel to force a woman to carry a pregnancy which was the result of rape.

But, everyone deserves a shot at life, you can't deny that. Many famous people have magnificent stories of starting from a terrible spot and becoming something the world needed. Who knows, maybe the person you aborted was the next Gandhi. I am also somewhat pro-life because I believe in mercy, grace, compassion, and the power of fresh starts. I could go on more, but I know you wouldn't read it.
Thanks sososo much for actually reading my reply, it means you care about my opinion... I can't thank enough.
I like this debate topic :)
Eyyy it's my birthday month!! 18th is my day of arrival on this planet >O<
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_adorbs

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 4 weeks ago #75404

  • mittens92999
  • mittens92999's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Posts: 644
  • Thank you received: 343
TravelPastel wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"
Where in the Bible does it say we believe in abortion? But I can see how it is; one of the 10 commandments is "Don't murder" and abortion can be taken as murder. I somewhat believe in Pro-choice (which is when the mother gets to choose whether to abort or not (but of course that is before they tell her whether it's a girl or a boy, etc)). The reason being is because maybe the mother can't afford or give the baby a good start at life. Some people say that it's better to be dead than live a lifetime of suffering. If the mother can't care for the baby (maybe because of the state she is in), then what? It's also cruel to force a woman to carry a pregnancy which was the result of rape.

But, everyone deserves a shot at life, you can't deny that. Many famous people have magnificent stories of starting from a terrible spot and becoming something the world needed. Who knows, maybe the person you aborted was the next Gandhi. I am also somewhat pro-life because I believe in mercy, grace, compassion, and the power of fresh starts. I could go on more, but I know you wouldn't read it.
Thanks sososo much for actually reading my reply, it means you care about my opinion... I can't thank enough.
I like this debate topic :)


Umm... The mother can put the baby up for adoption to a good home....
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


-15 years old

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, LEMONwizard, Servant

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 4 weeks ago #75427

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 668
  • Thank you received: 528
TravelPastel wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"
Where in the Bible does it say we believe in abortion? But I can see how it is; one of the 10 commandments is "Don't murder" and abortion can be taken as murder. I somewhat believe in Pro-choice (which is when the mother gets to choose whether to abort or not (but of course that is before they tell her whether it's a girl or a boy, etc)). The reason being is because maybe the mother can't afford or give the baby a good start at life. Some people say that it's better to be dead than live a lifetime of suffering. If the mother can't care for the baby (maybe because of the state she is in), then what? It's also cruel to force a woman to carry a pregnancy which was the result of rape.

But, everyone deserves a shot at life, you can't deny that. Many famous people have magnificent stories of starting from a terrible spot and becoming something the world needed. Who knows, maybe the person you aborted was the next Gandhi. I am also somewhat pro-life because I believe in mercy, grace, compassion, and the power of fresh starts. I could go on more, but I know you wouldn't read it.
Thanks sososo much for actually reading my reply, it means you care about my opinion... I can't thank enough.
I like this debate topic :)
The atheist's response:
You say that the person who you aborted could be the next Gandhi, but they could also be the next Hitler. Besides, if your God is really omniscient, then He knows if a baby will get aborted. If He really knows everything, then He can work around someone's decision to abort the child and use someone else. Also, if you put the child up for adoption, chances are s/he will never get adopted. Those that get adopted into good homes are the lucky ones, most grow up in terrible circumstances. I don't know about you, but in that case I would wish that I was aborted.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 4 weeks ago #75436

  • Blue Tornado
  • Blue Tornado's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Happy birthday, TravelPastel!!!
  • Posts: 998
  • Thank you received: 806
I'm not "so against abortion." I'm completely for, as TravelPastel said, because there could be reasons why the woman does not want the baby. It's her choice as to whether she wants to keep the baby or not.


"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 4 weeks ago #75471

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 843
  • Thank you received: 556
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"
Where in the Bible does it say we believe in abortion? But I can see how it is; one of the 10 commandments is "Don't murder" and abortion can be taken as murder. I somewhat believe in Pro-choice (which is when the mother gets to choose whether to abort or not (but of course that is before they tell her whether it's a girl or a boy, etc)). The reason being is because maybe the mother can't afford or give the baby a good start at life. Some people say that it's better to be dead than live a lifetime of suffering. If the mother can't care for the baby (maybe because of the state she is in), then what? It's also cruel to force a woman to carry a pregnancy which was the result of rape.

But, everyone deserves a shot at life, you can't deny that. Many famous people have magnificent stories of starting from a terrible spot and becoming something the world needed. Who knows, maybe the person you aborted was the next Gandhi. I am also somewhat pro-life because I believe in mercy, grace, compassion, and the power of fresh starts. I could go on more, but I know you wouldn't read it.
Thanks sososo much for actually reading my reply, it means you care about my opinion... I can't thank enough.
I like this debate topic :)
The atheist's response:
You say that the person who you aborted could be the next Gandhi, but they could also be the next Hitler. Besides, if your God is really omniscient, then He knows if a baby will get aborted. If He really knows everything, then He can work around someone's decision to abort the child and use someone else. Also, if you put the child up for adoption, chances are s/he will never get adopted. Those that get adopted into good homes are the lucky ones, most grow up in terrible circumstances. I don't know about you, but in that case I would wish that I was aborted.
(Like Blue Tornado said, I'm not super against abortion, I'm half and half)
I agree with your points. There are chances of no adoption, torture, and wishing you weren't even born.
Which is exactly why I am somewhat Pro-choice. I said that earlier in my response, that you'd rather not be born than live a life of torture and questioning of your presence. It's what most of us would choose! But you know what, sometimes God can use your bad times. I know someone who has gone through something like this. But you know what? S/he chose to live. You know why? Because he wanted to help others who are going through this. He wants to be that hand that helps you and hear your thoughts, just like S/he wanted a hand. Remember Amanda Todd? I bet she wished she was aborted. But she pushed a movement that empowered MANY. Yes, Hitler was born, I understand your point there. But believe it or not, it was God's plan. Everything is in God's plan. Idk why it was God's plan (and I know many of us are going to be SUPER triggered), but it was.
Again, I'd like to thank you, random stranger, for caring about my thoughts. I usually don't write essays like this, but this topic triggered me for some reason. I can't love and thank you enough for even reading this. Seriously, you don't know how much it means to me <3
Eyyy it's my birthday month!! 18th is my day of arrival on this planet >O<
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 4 weeks ago #75487

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 894
  • Thank you received: 1090
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"
The thing is, what about the right of the little woman (or man) inside of you? They don't have a say yet. It's not your body, it's their body. If it were your body, you'd be the one that died. It's all in the head about it being "just a clump of cells" because when was the last time you were invited to a "foetus shower" or a "clump of cells shower"? Never. It's always a baby shower. What changed? Certainly not the baby.
"Like a toddler and adolescent, the terms foetus and embryo do not refer to nonhumans, but to humans at particular stages." - Randy Alcorn.
And babies actually feel pain as they are torn limb from limb during the abortion. If that's not child abuse, I really don't know what is....

P.S. Look out guys, you have a full time pro-lifer on your hands ;) Don't worry, I'll be nice about it :)
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by bush possum.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower, LEMONwizard, horsegirl04, 20awesome00, emmy01, im a beekeeper, Servant

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75544

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 463
  • Thank you received: 618
David said somewhere in the Bible (I'm too lazy to look it up) that God forms us in our mothers' wombs, and that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Obviously what he's saying is that God is involved in shaping and forming us even at our earliest stages. God has a plan for every single human being, even if they aren't even born, and He's shaping their characters and personalities even in the womb. To me, that says that God cares every bit as much about an unborn baby as an adult. It shows me that God sees the same amount of potential in everyone, born or not, and that He places infinite value on all of us.

The Bible says that not even a sparrow falls without His knowing it. To me, a human being, even an unborn baby, has a lot more value than a sparrow. If God cares about the sparrows' death, I think He would care even more about the termination of a life that He has such great plans for.

To me, things like abortion and euthanasia are really just Satan's lies to people. I mean, think about it. We say all this stuff about how it helps people and other stuff, but really, all we're doing is ending a life. Life is God's to give, and God's to take.

And maybe you would be aborting the next Hitler, but think about this. If you were present at the time that Hitler was born, and you knew what he would do later in life, would you kill baby Hitler? It's a hard question, until you think about the fact that God was present when Hitler was born, He knew what Hitler would end up doing, He very well could have ended Hitler's life and saved millions of people, and yet He didn't. Why? Because everyone on this earth should be given a chance to make a choice for themselves.

Abortion doesn't do any good to anyone. It kills a person whom God is in the process of creating, which is basically saying that we know better than God does about when this baby should die. Not only that, but mothers who abort their babies often suffer with depression for years afterwards, not to mention guilt and shame. Many become suicidal, so in the long run, it not only kills the baby, but the mother as well. If the mother doesn't want her baby after it's born, she can always give it up for adoption.

Anyway, sorry for being a bit long-winded, but like bush said, I am entirely pro-life. :)
TravelPastel! Happy birthday! Your 16th year of life will be an awesome one as long as Jesus is in it.:)

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, horsegirl04, TravelPastel

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75558

  • mittens92999
  • mittens92999's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Posts: 644
  • Thank you received: 343
emmy01 wrote:
David said somewhere in the Bible (I'm too lazy to look it up) that God forms us in our mothers' wombs, and that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Obviously what he's saying is that God is involved in shaping and forming us even at our earliest stages. God has a plan for every single human being, even if they aren't even born, and He's shaping their characters and personalities even in the womb. To me, that says that God cares every bit as much about an unborn baby as an adult. It shows me that God sees the same amount of potential in everyone, born or not, and that He places infinite value on all of us.

The Bible says that not even a sparrow falls without His knowing it. To me, a human being, even an unborn baby, has a lot more value than a sparrow. If God cares about the sparrows' death, I think He would care even more about the termination of a life that He has such great plans for.

To me, things like abortion and euthanasia are really just Satan's lies to people. I mean, think about it. We say all this stuff about how it helps people and other stuff, but really, all we're doing is ending a life. Life is God's to give, and God's to take.

And maybe you would be aborting the next Hitler, but think about this. If you were present at the time that Hitler was born, and you knew what he would do later in life, would you kill baby Hitler? It's a hard question, until you think about the fact that God was present when Hitler was born, He knew what Hitler would end up doing, He very well could have ended Hitler's life and saved millions of people, and yet He didn't. Why? Because everyone on this earth should be given a chance to make a choice for themselves.

Abortion doesn't do any good to anyone. It kills a person whom God is in the process of creating, which is basically saying that we know better than God does about when this baby should die. Not only that, but mothers who abort their babies often suffer with depression for years afterwards, not to mention guilt and shame. Many become suicidal, so in the long run, it not only kills the baby, but the mother as well. If the mother doesn't want her baby after it's born, she can always give it up for adoption.

Anyway, sorry for being a bit long-winded, but like bush said, I am entirely pro-life. :)


Wow! I completely agree! You said it beautifully!
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


-15 years old

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: emmy01

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75563

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 463
  • Thank you received: 618
mittens92999 wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
David said somewhere in the Bible (I'm too lazy to look it up) that God forms us in our mothers' wombs, and that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Obviously what he's saying is that God is involved in shaping and forming us even at our earliest stages. God has a plan for every single human being, even if they aren't even born, and He's shaping their characters and personalities even in the womb. To me, that says that God cares every bit as much about an unborn baby as an adult. It shows me that God sees the same amount of potential in everyone, born or not, and that He places infinite value on all of us.

The Bible says that not even a sparrow falls without His knowing it. To me, a human being, even an unborn baby, has a lot more value than a sparrow. If God cares about the sparrows' death, I think He would care even more about the termination of a life that He has such great plans for.

To me, things like abortion and euthanasia are really just Satan's lies to people. I mean, think about it. We say all this stuff about how it helps people and other stuff, but really, all we're doing is ending a life. Life is God's to give, and God's to take.

And maybe you would be aborting the next Hitler, but think about this. If you were present at the time that Hitler was born, and you knew what he would do later in life, would you kill baby Hitler? It's a hard question, until you think about the fact that God was present when Hitler was born, He knew what Hitler would end up doing, He very well could have ended Hitler's life and saved millions of people, and yet He didn't. Why? Because everyone on this earth should be given a chance to make a choice for themselves.

Abortion doesn't do any good to anyone. It kills a person whom God is in the process of creating, which is basically saying that we know better than God does about when this baby should die. Not only that, but mothers who abort their babies often suffer with depression for years afterwards, not to mention guilt and shame. Many become suicidal, so in the long run, it not only kills the baby, but the mother as well. If the mother doesn't want her baby after it's born, she can always give it up for adoption.

Anyway, sorry for being a bit long-winded, but like bush said, I am entirely pro-life. :)


Wow! I completely agree! You said it beautifully!
Thanks! :lol: I looked at it later and kinda felt like I was preaching a bit too much, so I'm glad you liked it.... :)
TravelPastel! Happy birthday! Your 16th year of life will be an awesome one as long as Jesus is in it.:)

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75586

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 825
  • Thank you received: 989
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"

But if the woman is at fault for bringing the baby into the world, should she be able to kill it?

However, if the woman is not at fault (i.e., rape) I think she should have that choice.



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Stverno.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75587

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 463
  • Thank you received: 618
Stverno wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"

But if the woman is at fault for bringing the baby into the world, should she be able to kill it?

However, if the woman is not at fault (i.e., rape) I think she should have that choice.
I think that the most choice the woman should have in her baby's life, even if she was raped, is whether or not to put the child up for adoption once it is born. It wasn't the baby's fault that what happened happened. Ending a life will do nothing to make the situation better. How would it do anything for the mother? Just because the father did something wrong doesn't mean that the mother has to end someone's life.
TravelPastel! Happy birthday! Your 16th year of life will be an awesome one as long as Jesus is in it.:)

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04, Servant

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75589

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 825
  • Thank you received: 989
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"

But if the woman is at fault for bringing the baby into the world, should she be able to kill it?

However, if the woman is not at fault (i.e., rape) I think she should have that choice.
I think that the most choice the woman should have in her baby's life, even if she was raped, is whether or not to put the child up for adoption once it is born. It wasn't the baby's fault that what happened happened. Ending a life will do nothing to make the situation better. How would it do anything for the mother? Just because the father did something wrong doesn't mean that the mother has to end someone's life.

Suppose, just for a minute, the mother is some 14 year old girl in a 3rd world country. If her relatives find out, they will kill her. I don't mean figuratively, I mean taking her outside and stoning her. Now, I'm pretty sure there aren't any abortion clinics there, but if she had the chance to abort, shouldn't she have the right?

Now, in the U.S. The victim is the same age, and is pregnant. She's in middle or high school. If people find out, she will be mocked for the rest of her life. It most definitely wasn't the baby's fault, but it wasn't her fault either. If she isn't physically or mentally capable of handling all that, shouldn't she have that right?



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkeleBoy10, TravelPastel

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75591

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 463
  • Thank you received: 618
Stverno wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"

But if the woman is at fault for bringing the baby into the world, should she be able to kill it?

However, if the woman is not at fault (i.e., rape) I think she should have that choice.
I think that the most choice the woman should have in her baby's life, even if she was raped, is whether or not to put the child up for adoption once it is born. It wasn't the baby's fault that what happened happened. Ending a life will do nothing to make the situation better. How would it do anything for the mother? Just because the father did something wrong doesn't mean that the mother has to end someone's life.

Suppose, just for a minute, the mother is some 14 year old girl in a 3rd world country. If her relatives find out, they will kill her. I don't mean figuratively, I mean taking her outside and stoning her. Now, I'm pretty sure there aren't any abortion clinics there, but if she had the chance to abort, shouldn't she have the right?

Now, in the U.S. The victim is the same age, and is pregnant. She's in middle or high school. If people find out, she will be mocked for the rest of her life. It most definitely wasn't the baby's fault, but it wasn't her fault either. If she isn't physically or mentally capable of handling all that, shouldn't she have that right?
To me, it seems like if God wanted the baby to die or thought it best that the baby should die, then He would kill the baby Himself. I haven't done a ton of research, but I don't think many people pray about the situation before aborting their baby. It just seems like we are taking on God's responsibility by deciding the future of an individual.

I feel like ridicule and teasing would be easier to go through (at least for me) than living your whole life with the knowledge that this could be your child's 3rd birthday. This could be the day your child graduated from high school. This could be the day you are blessed with grandchildren. It would haunt me my whole life that I am the reason a human being is not living. And when I would see other kids that were roughly the age that my child would be were they alive, I would think, my child could be playing there right now. And it would be overwhelming. People have committed suicide because they reasoned with themselves and told themselves the same stuff you're saying, and then later, guilt drove them over the edge.

Eventually, the teasing would stop. It may take a while, but in time, the teasing would stop. However, the guilt of killing someone wouldn't go away as easily or as quickly. To me, it seems like people who choose abortion get the short end of the straw. Even though it may look good at the time, the effects can be devastating.

As for people in third world countries, they really wouldn't have abortion available anyways. Let God handle situations that are too big for us.

Think about Mary, the mother of Jesus. Her pregnancy was a huge scandal. Imagine if abortion had been available to her, and she aborted her Child. That would have been....well, not good, shall we say.... :S Although I'm sure God would have found an alternate person to fill the role as the mother of Jesus, it's still something to think about. Out of an extremely embarrassing event to Mary and Joseph, that no doubt they were ridiculed for, came the Savior of the world.

My point: no abortion. In any case. Please.....
TravelPastel! Happy birthday! Your 16th year of life will be an awesome one as long as Jesus is in it.:)

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, LEMONwizard, horsegirl04

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75592

  • Avagrace123
  • Avagrace123's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I am a proud follower of Jesus!
  • Posts: 16
  • Thank you received: 10
I think it really depends. Can you choose a different scenario Sir?
AvaGrace4Jesus :) :) :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75597

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 463
  • Thank you received: 618
@Stverno, you are such a fun person to debate with! :P I like the good points you're making!
TravelPastel! Happy birthday! Your 16th year of life will be an awesome one as long as Jesus is in it.:)

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stverno

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75600

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 825
  • Thank you received: 989
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"

But if the woman is at fault for bringing the baby into the world, should she be able to kill it?

However, if the woman is not at fault (i.e., rape) I think she should have that choice.
I think that the most choice the woman should have in her baby's life, even if she was raped, is whether or not to put the child up for adoption once it is born. It wasn't the baby's fault that what happened happened. Ending a life will do nothing to make the situation better. How would it do anything for the mother? Just because the father did something wrong doesn't mean that the mother has to end someone's life.

Suppose, just for a minute, the mother is some 14 year old girl in a 3rd world country. If her relatives find out, they will kill her. I don't mean figuratively, I mean taking her outside and stoning her. Now, I'm pretty sure there aren't any abortion clinics there, but if she had the chance to abort, shouldn't she have the right?

Now, in the U.S. The victim is the same age, and is pregnant. She's in middle or high school. If people find out, she will be mocked for the rest of her life. It most definitely wasn't the baby's fault, but it wasn't her fault either. If she isn't physically or mentally capable of handling all that, shouldn't she have that right?
To me, it seems like if God wanted the baby to die or thought it best that the baby should die, then He would kill the baby Himself. I haven't done a ton of research, but I don't think many people pray about the situation before aborting their baby. It just seems like we are taking on God's responsibility by deciding the future of an individual.

I feel like ridicule and teasing would be easier to go through (at least for me) than living your whole life with the knowledge that this could be your child's 3rd birthday. This could be the day your child graduated from high school. This could be the day you are blessed with grandchildren. It would haunt me my whole life that I am the reason a human being is not living. And when I would see other kids that were roughly the age that my child would be were they alive, I would think, my child could be playing there right now. And it would be overwhelming. People have committed suicide because they reasoned with themselves and told themselves the same stuff you're saying, and then later, guilt drove them over the edge.

Eventually, the teasing would stop. It may take a while, but in time, the teasing would stop. However, the guilt of killing someone wouldn't go away as easily or as quickly. To me, it seems like people who choose abortion get the short end of the straw. Even though it may look good at the time, the effects can be devastating.

As for people in third world countries, they really wouldn't have abortion available anyways. Let God handle situations that are too big for us.

Think about Mary, the mother of Jesus. Her pregnancy was a huge scandal. Imagine if abortion had been available to her, and she aborted her Child. That would have been....well, not good, shall we say.... :S Although I'm sure God would have found an alternate person to fill the role as the mother of Jesus, it's still something to think about. Out of an extremely embarrassing event to Mary and Joseph, that no doubt they were ridiculed for, came the Savior of the world.

My point: no abortion. In any case. Please.....

That's you. I respect that. I would probably do the same.

However, not everyone believes in God. Not everyone is mentally capable of handling that kind of mockery. Mary was unusually strong, but what about those who aren't?



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75601

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 825
  • Thank you received: 989
emmy01 wrote:
@Stverno, you are such a fun person to debate with! :P I like the good points you're making!

Same to you :lol:



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: emmy01

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75603

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 463
  • Thank you received: 618
Stverno wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"

But if the woman is at fault for bringing the baby into the world, should she be able to kill it?

However, if the woman is not at fault (i.e., rape) I think she should have that choice.
I think that the most choice the woman should have in her baby's life, even if she was raped, is whether or not to put the child up for adoption once it is born. It wasn't the baby's fault that what happened happened. Ending a life will do nothing to make the situation better. How would it do anything for the mother? Just because the father did something wrong doesn't mean that the mother has to end someone's life.

Suppose, just for a minute, the mother is some 14 year old girl in a 3rd world country. If her relatives find out, they will kill her. I don't mean figuratively, I mean taking her outside and stoning her. Now, I'm pretty sure there aren't any abortion clinics there, but if she had the chance to abort, shouldn't she have the right?

Now, in the U.S. The victim is the same age, and is pregnant. She's in middle or high school. If people find out, she will be mocked for the rest of her life. It most definitely wasn't the baby's fault, but it wasn't her fault either. If she isn't physically or mentally capable of handling all that, shouldn't she have that right?
To me, it seems like if God wanted the baby to die or thought it best that the baby should die, then He would kill the baby Himself. I haven't done a ton of research, but I don't think many people pray about the situation before aborting their baby. It just seems like we are taking on God's responsibility by deciding the future of an individual.

I feel like ridicule and teasing would be easier to go through (at least for me) than living your whole life with the knowledge that this could be your child's 3rd birthday. This could be the day your child graduated from high school. This could be the day you are blessed with grandchildren. It would haunt me my whole life that I am the reason a human being is not living. And when I would see other kids that were roughly the age that my child would be were they alive, I would think, my child could be playing there right now. And it would be overwhelming. People have committed suicide because they reasoned with themselves and told themselves the same stuff you're saying, and then later, guilt drove them over the edge.

Eventually, the teasing would stop. It may take a while, but in time, the teasing would stop. However, the guilt of killing someone wouldn't go away as easily or as quickly. To me, it seems like people who choose abortion get the short end of the straw. Even though it may look good at the time, the effects can be devastating.

As for people in third world countries, they really wouldn't have abortion available anyways. Let God handle situations that are too big for us.

Think about Mary, the mother of Jesus. Her pregnancy was a huge scandal. Imagine if abortion had been available to her, and she aborted her Child. That would have been....well, not good, shall we say.... :S Although I'm sure God would have found an alternate person to fill the role as the mother of Jesus, it's still something to think about. Out of an extremely embarrassing event to Mary and Joseph, that no doubt they were ridiculed for, came the Savior of the world.

My point: no abortion. In any case. Please.....

That's you. I respect that. I would probably do the same.

However, not everyone believes in God. Not everyone is mentally capable of handling that kind of mockery. Mary was unusually strong, but what about those who aren't?
I don't believe that Mary was any stronger than any other women in her time. God has a reputation for often picking the weakest, least competent individuals to fulfill His plans.

As for people who don't believe in God, we obviously can't force them to not choose abortion. And I'm not saying we should. The stance I'm taking on this is that abortion isn't morally good. I'm not into forcing people to do something, I'm just trying to make a point.

And people who can't mentally handle that kind of mockery? God says we'll never be tested beyond what we can bear.
TravelPastel! Happy birthday! Your 16th year of life will be an awesome one as long as Jesus is in it.:)

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75606

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 825
  • Thank you received: 989
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"

But if the woman is at fault for bringing the baby into the world, should she be able to kill it?

However, if the woman is not at fault (i.e., rape) I think she should have that choice.
I think that the most choice the woman should have in her baby's life, even if she was raped, is whether or not to put the child up for adoption once it is born. It wasn't the baby's fault that what happened happened. Ending a life will do nothing to make the situation better. How would it do anything for the mother? Just because the father did something wrong doesn't mean that the mother has to end someone's life.

Suppose, just for a minute, the mother is some 14 year old girl in a 3rd world country. If her relatives find out, they will kill her. I don't mean figuratively, I mean taking her outside and stoning her. Now, I'm pretty sure there aren't any abortion clinics there, but if she had the chance to abort, shouldn't she have the right?

Now, in the U.S. The victim is the same age, and is pregnant. She's in middle or high school. If people find out, she will be mocked for the rest of her life. It most definitely wasn't the baby's fault, but it wasn't her fault either. If she isn't physically or mentally capable of handling all that, shouldn't she have that right?
To me, it seems like if God wanted the baby to die or thought it best that the baby should die, then He would kill the baby Himself. I haven't done a ton of research, but I don't think many people pray about the situation before aborting their baby. It just seems like we are taking on God's responsibility by deciding the future of an individual.

I feel like ridicule and teasing would be easier to go through (at least for me) than living your whole life with the knowledge that this could be your child's 3rd birthday. This could be the day your child graduated from high school. This could be the day you are blessed with grandchildren. It would haunt me my whole life that I am the reason a human being is not living. And when I would see other kids that were roughly the age that my child would be were they alive, I would think, my child could be playing there right now. And it would be overwhelming. People have committed suicide because they reasoned with themselves and told themselves the same stuff you're saying, and then later, guilt drove them over the edge.

Eventually, the teasing would stop. It may take a while, but in time, the teasing would stop. However, the guilt of killing someone wouldn't go away as easily or as quickly. To me, it seems like people who choose abortion get the short end of the straw. Even though it may look good at the time, the effects can be devastating.

As for people in third world countries, they really wouldn't have abortion available anyways. Let God handle situations that are too big for us.

Think about Mary, the mother of Jesus. Her pregnancy was a huge scandal. Imagine if abortion had been available to her, and she aborted her Child. That would have been....well, not good, shall we say.... :S Although I'm sure God would have found an alternate person to fill the role as the mother of Jesus, it's still something to think about. Out of an extremely embarrassing event to Mary and Joseph, that no doubt they were ridiculed for, came the Savior of the world.

My point: no abortion. In any case. Please.....

That's you. I respect that. I would probably do the same.

However, not everyone believes in God. Not everyone is mentally capable of handling that kind of mockery. Mary was unusually strong, but what about those who aren't?
I don't believe that Mary was any stronger than any other women in her time. God has a reputation for often picking the weakest, least competent individuals to fulfill His plans.

As for people who don't believe in God, we obviously can't force them to not choose abortion. And I'm not saying we should. The stance I'm taking on this is that abortion isn't morally good. I'm not into forcing people to do something, I'm just trying to make a point.

And people who can't mentally handle that kind of mockery? God says we'll never be tested beyond what we can bear.

My apologies, I wasn't clear. I meant that Mary was mentally stronger than most, probably because of her close relationship with the Lord. And I believe your stance is right, that abortion morally is not the right thing to do. However, I still believe that in some cases the woman should has the right to choose.

Abortion is not a good thing. But, I don't think that it should be outlawed.



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75610

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 463
  • Thank you received: 618
Stverno wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"

But if the woman is at fault for bringing the baby into the world, should she be able to kill it?

However, if the woman is not at fault (i.e., rape) I think she should have that choice.
I think that the most choice the woman should have in her baby's life, even if she was raped, is whether or not to put the child up for adoption once it is born. It wasn't the baby's fault that what happened happened. Ending a life will do nothing to make the situation better. How would it do anything for the mother? Just because the father did something wrong doesn't mean that the mother has to end someone's life.

Suppose, just for a minute, the mother is some 14 year old girl in a 3rd world country. If her relatives find out, they will kill her. I don't mean figuratively, I mean taking her outside and stoning her. Now, I'm pretty sure there aren't any abortion clinics there, but if she had the chance to abort, shouldn't she have the right?

Now, in the U.S. The victim is the same age, and is pregnant. She's in middle or high school. If people find out, she will be mocked for the rest of her life. It most definitely wasn't the baby's fault, but it wasn't her fault either. If she isn't physically or mentally capable of handling all that, shouldn't she have that right?
To me, it seems like if God wanted the baby to die or thought it best that the baby should die, then He would kill the baby Himself. I haven't done a ton of research, but I don't think many people pray about the situation before aborting their baby. It just seems like we are taking on God's responsibility by deciding the future of an individual.

I feel like ridicule and teasing would be easier to go through (at least for me) than living your whole life with the knowledge that this could be your child's 3rd birthday. This could be the day your child graduated from high school. This could be the day you are blessed with grandchildren. It would haunt me my whole life that I am the reason a human being is not living. And when I would see other kids that were roughly the age that my child would be were they alive, I would think, my child could be playing there right now. And it would be overwhelming. People have committed suicide because they reasoned with themselves and told themselves the same stuff you're saying, and then later, guilt drove them over the edge.

Eventually, the teasing would stop. It may take a while, but in time, the teasing would stop. However, the guilt of killing someone wouldn't go away as easily or as quickly. To me, it seems like people who choose abortion get the short end of the straw. Even though it may look good at the time, the effects can be devastating.

As for people in third world countries, they really wouldn't have abortion available anyways. Let God handle situations that are too big for us.

Think about Mary, the mother of Jesus. Her pregnancy was a huge scandal. Imagine if abortion had been available to her, and she aborted her Child. That would have been....well, not good, shall we say.... :S Although I'm sure God would have found an alternate person to fill the role as the mother of Jesus, it's still something to think about. Out of an extremely embarrassing event to Mary and Joseph, that no doubt they were ridiculed for, came the Savior of the world.

My point: no abortion. In any case. Please.....

That's you. I respect that. I would probably do the same.

However, not everyone believes in God. Not everyone is mentally capable of handling that kind of mockery. Mary was unusually strong, but what about those who aren't?
I don't believe that Mary was any stronger than any other women in her time. God has a reputation for often picking the weakest, least competent individuals to fulfill His plans.

As for people who don't believe in God, we obviously can't force them to not choose abortion. And I'm not saying we should. The stance I'm taking on this is that abortion isn't morally good. I'm not into forcing people to do something, I'm just trying to make a point.

And people who can't mentally handle that kind of mockery? God says we'll never be tested beyond what we can bear.

My apologies, I wasn't clear. I meant that Mary was mentally stronger than most, probably because of her close relationship with the Lord. And I believe your stance is right, that abortion morally is not the right thing to do. However, I still believe that in some cases the woman should has the right to choose.

Abortion is not a good thing. But, I don't think that it should be outlawed.
Apology accepted. And now, I have to make the same apology.

I'm sorry for not making myself clear. Let me tell you what I'm debating about.

I'm not debating about whether or not abortion should be outlawed or not - I think everyone should have the choice for themselves....after all, God lets everyone have free choice. I'm not saying that we should go out and covert everyone to our religion so there will be no more abortions. God doesn't use force. I'm not saying that people shouldn't, at times, feel pressured into doing it. I have no control over people's feelings.

I am saying that I believe people shouldn't do it. But it's more a question of morals with me, not of laws. I believe that abortion is morally evil and against everything God stands for. However, I understand why certain people would go through with it, and I'm by no means condemning those who have.

I thought we were debating why we believe/don't believe abortion is right, not why/why not it should be a law. I'm sorry for not being clear. I agree with you completely.....we should give everyone free choice to do what they want, regardless of our feelings about it. I'm not for forcing anyone.

Sorry 'bout that, I'm afraid I caused a little confusion! :lol:
TravelPastel! Happy birthday! Your 16th year of life will be an awesome one as long as Jesus is in it.:)

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75658

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 825
  • Thank you received: 989
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Stverno wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
My analysis of the statistics on this website has lead me to conclude that guidesters LOVE debate. So I came up with this game.
I will pretend to be an atheist, and we can discuss different issues. Your goal is to convince me, the atheist, that you are right and I am wrong. I don't know how this will turn out, but I'm bored.

First topic: abortion.

Atheist: "I don't understand why you Christians are so against abortion. Don't you have any respect for women's rights?"

But if the woman is at fault for bringing the baby into the world, should she be able to kill it?

However, if the woman is not at fault (i.e., rape) I think she should have that choice.
I think that the most choice the woman should have in her baby's life, even if she was raped, is whether or not to put the child up for adoption once it is born. It wasn't the baby's fault that what happened happened. Ending a life will do nothing to make the situation better. How would it do anything for the mother? Just because the father did something wrong doesn't mean that the mother has to end someone's life.

Suppose, just for a minute, the mother is some 14 year old girl in a 3rd world country. If her relatives find out, they will kill her. I don't mean figuratively, I mean taking her outside and stoning her. Now, I'm pretty sure there aren't any abortion clinics there, but if she had the chance to abort, shouldn't she have the right?

Now, in the U.S. The victim is the same age, and is pregnant. She's in middle or high school. If people find out, she will be mocked for the rest of her life. It most definitely wasn't the baby's fault, but it wasn't her fault either. If she isn't physically or mentally capable of handling all that, shouldn't she have that right?
To me, it seems like if God wanted the baby to die or thought it best that the baby should die, then He would kill the baby Himself. I haven't done a ton of research, but I don't think many people pray about the situation before aborting their baby. It just seems like we are taking on God's responsibility by deciding the future of an individual.

I feel like ridicule and teasing would be easier to go through (at least for me) than living your whole life with the knowledge that this could be your child's 3rd birthday. This could be the day your child graduated from high school. This could be the day you are blessed with grandchildren. It would haunt me my whole life that I am the reason a human being is not living. And when I would see other kids that were roughly the age that my child would be were they alive, I would think, my child could be playing there right now. And it would be overwhelming. People have committed suicide because they reasoned with themselves and told themselves the same stuff you're saying, and then later, guilt drove them over the edge.

Eventually, the teasing would stop. It may take a while, but in time, the teasing would stop. However, the guilt of killing someone wouldn't go away as easily or as quickly. To me, it seems like people who choose abortion get the short end of the straw. Even though it may look good at the time, the effects can be devastating.

As for people in third world countries, they really wouldn't have abortion available anyways. Let God handle situations that are too big for us.

Think about Mary, the mother of Jesus. Her pregnancy was a huge scandal. Imagine if abortion had been available to her, and she aborted her Child. That would have been....well, not good, shall we say.... :S Although I'm sure God would have found an alternate person to fill the role as the mother of Jesus, it's still something to think about. Out of an extremely embarrassing event to Mary and Joseph, that no doubt they were ridiculed for, came the Savior of the world.

My point: no abortion. In any case. Please.....

That's you. I respect that. I would probably do the same.

However, not everyone believes in God. Not everyone is mentally capable of handling that kind of mockery. Mary was unusually strong, but what about those who aren't?
I don't believe that Mary was any stronger than any other women in her time. God has a reputation for often picking the weakest, least competent individuals to fulfill His plans.

As for people who don't believe in God, we obviously can't force them to not choose abortion. And I'm not saying we should. The stance I'm taking on this is that abortion isn't morally good. I'm not into forcing people to do something, I'm just trying to make a point.

And people who can't mentally handle that kind of mockery? God says we'll never be tested beyond what we can bear.

My apologies, I wasn't clear. I meant that Mary was mentally stronger than most, probably because of her close relationship with the Lord. And I believe your stance is right, that abortion morally is not the right thing to do. However, I still believe that in some cases the woman should has the right to choose.

Abortion is not a good thing. But, I don't think that it should be outlawed.
Apology accepted. And now, I have to make the same apology.

I'm sorry for not making myself clear. Let me tell you what I'm debating about.

I'm not debating about whether or not abortion should be outlawed or not - I think everyone should have the choice for themselves....after all, God lets everyone have free choice. I'm not saying that we should go out and covert everyone to our religion so there will be no more abortions. God doesn't use force. I'm not saying that people shouldn't, at times, feel pressured into doing it. I have no control over people's feelings.

I am saying that I believe people shouldn't do it. But it's more a question of morals with me, not of laws. I believe that abortion is morally evil and against everything God stands for. However, I understand why certain people would go through with it, and I'm by no means condemning those who have.

I thought we were debating why we believe/don't believe abortion is right, not why/why not it should be a law. I'm sorry for not being clear. I agree with you completely.....we should give everyone free choice to do what they want, regardless of our feelings about it. I'm not for forcing anyone.

Sorry 'bout that, I'm afraid I caused a little confusion! :lol:

No problem :lol:

#quotablequotes289,990



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75678

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 843
  • Thank you received: 556
Where is the atheist?
Eyyy it's my birthday month!! 18th is my day of arrival on this planet >O<
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Debating with an Atheist 6 months 3 weeks ago #75695

  • Kwesi
  • Kwesi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Posts: 672
  • Thank you received: 1343
TravelPastel wrote:
Where is the atheist?
A person who believes there is no God
Since Guide is blocking my post and I am unable to defend myself. I am innocent(Hinestly I really don't mind If you beleive me or not - It is the truth). MK I will very much appreciate if you check your facts before making rumors. I am Kwesi and Lisa is Lisa. 2 seperate beings.(Lisa is my sister)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds