Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: North Carolina HB2

North Carolina HB2 1 year 1 month ago #61561

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 528
So this may be off the radar for a lot of people, but a while ago North Carolina passed a bill called House Bill 2 (a.k.a the bathroom law). For the sake of discussion, let's focus on the main part of the law. Basically people from the LGBT community(gays, transgender, etc.) are required to use the public restroom that corresponds to the gender on their birth certificate instead of which gender the identify as. This has caused a lot of backlash from the media and outside organizations, and California actually boycotted state personnel from visiting NC unless they must. Even though I live in NC, the effects haven't reached my private sector yet, so I don't have any feedback there. The law has a lot of implications, and I was wondering what you guys thought about it, even though it happened a while ago (if you haven't heard of it feel free to look it up). I myself don't know what to think. Remember to be respectful and don't start arguing with each other.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

North Carolina HB2 1 year 1 month ago #62032

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 415
Interesting... I have no idea what to think. I believe the Bible speaks against the LGBT community (maybe not that exact name but the concept of it) so I haven't really paid much attention to news regarding this issue. I mean I know it's technically legal and Christians who disagree with the concept are now being forced (unless they want to go to court) to serve gay people in their businesses, but other than that not much. So I have basically no idea how to help this.
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

North Carolina HB2 11 months 1 week ago #65170

Personally I think there should just be trangender bathrooms so no one feels uncomfortable. I would feel wierd if a trangender girl walks into the men's bathroom because it says that on her birth certificate. But i do think the bible indirectly speaks against trangenders, and i don't think gender should be something you can pick and choose
You just wasted your time reading this meaningless signature...

Why are you still reading?

I already told you, there's nothing interesting here.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds