Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Charlotte N.C Protests

Charlotte N.C Protests 1 year 1 month ago #61413

• IlikeEatingPi
  • I'm Gluten Free :(
  • Thank you received: 49
So there was a shooting of a black man by a black police officer. There is a lot of evidence saying that the police officer is in the clear like there was no book at the scene, there was drugs in the car, a couple of eyewitness testimonies, and footage from a surveillance camera(even though the footage is not realised to the public).
But even though there is a lot of proof there still has been enormous vandalism and theft while mobs *protest*. What are your thoughts on the issue?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Charlotte N.C Protests 1 year 1 month ago #61434

• Blue Tornado
  • Happy birthday, TravelPastel!!!
  • Thank you received: 806
I am very sorry for Keith Scott's family, but the matter will never be settled until I see a white male being arrested and punished (as they should) for their brutalities. There is an NFL quarterback (whose name I forget, you can look it up) who kneels during the National Anthem rather than standing. His reasoning is that he will not stand for "the land of the free" until everyone actually is free, including blacks being targeted by racist cops. White America is so annoyed at this, saying he's disrespecting the colors and whatnot (by the way, US veterans are encouraging this, saying that this is the kind of freedom they fought for), while they say nothing about other police brutalities. Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, Keith Scott...the list goes on. There are excuses that they had guns, but were not waving them or threatening anyone, while I've heard of white people that do the exact same thing and live to tell about it. Even if they had guns, which they didn't, the police would have shot them in the leg and it is completely illegal to murder someone like that in cold blood, but no one cares.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkeleBoy10

Charlotte N.C Protests 1 year 1 month ago #61451

• Stverno
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Thank you received: 989
Blue Tornado wrote:
I am very sorry for Keith Scott's family, but the matter will never be settled until I see a white male being arrested and punished (as they should) for their brutalities. There is an NFL quarterback (whose name I forget, you can look it up) who kneels during the National Anthem rather than standing. His reasoning is that he will not stand for "the land of the free" until everyone actually is free, including blacks being targeted by racist cops. White America is so annoyed at this, saying he's disrespecting the colors and whatnot (by the way, US veterans are encouraging this, saying that this is the kind of freedom they fought for), while they say nothing about other police brutalities. Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, Keith Scott...the list goes on. There are excuses that they had guns, but were not waving them or threatening anyone, while I've heard of white people that do the exact same thing and live to tell about it. Even if they had guns, which they didn't, the police would have shot them in the leg and it is completely illegal to murder someone like that in cold blood, but no one cares.

Forgive me if I misunderstood you, but when I read that it sounded like you wanted a WHITE cop arrested, when it was a BLACK cop who did the shooting.

NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE

Charlotte N.C Protests 1 year 1 month ago #61496

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1213
Here are the issues:
1.) Mr. Scott was not committing a crime or being detained at the time of his death. He was waiting for his children at the bus stop.

2.) The officers were told by Mrs. Scott that Mr. Scott had brain damage and was unable to quickly follow commands.

3.) How can someone be expected to stay calm when there's a gun being pointed in their face?

4.) Neither video shows whether or not Mr. Scott had a gun. Mrs. Scott claims it was the Qur'an, which his friends knew he loved to read.

5.) Mr. Scott shouldn't have to be humanized in order to be mourned.

6.) People are protesting the constant use of deadly force against African-American suspects, and their subsequent dehumanization by the media.

7.) Earlier in the week, the terrorist that had been planting bombs in New York City and New Jersey was taken alive despite having a gun and shooting two officers. If he could be taken with a gun while shooting at officers, suspects who aren't shooting at people can and should expect to be taken alive as well.

8.) Mr. Scott's death occurred shortly after the death of Terrence Crutcher, a man in Tulsa who had been shot and left for dead in Tulsa. With the pain of Mr. Crutcher's death still raw, many people were once again rocked with the news of an unnecessary killing of a black man.

9.) The racist double standard applied to these "mobs" is ridiculous. During these African-American led protests, relatively few people partake in looting and vandalism, but they are applied to the whole and everyone protesting is referred to as a thug (a dog whistle word for the n-word), but when white college students riot and destroy towns after their college football team wins games, they are referred to as "kids having a good time."

10.) The cause of the protesters and groups like Black Lives Matter can be summed up by this quote from Malcolm X:
We believe that our fight is just. We believe that our grievances are just. We believe that evil practices against Black people in this society people are criminal and that those who engage in such criminal practices are to be looked upon themselves as nothing but criminals. And we believe that we are within our rights to fight these criminals by any means necessary.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: telldatruth

Charlotte N.C Protests 1 year 1 month ago #61571

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 528
Why does everything have to be in NC, where I live?
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

Charlotte N.C Protests 10 months 3 weeks ago #65756

I honestly hate the black lives matter movement. The problem with it is that it takes a problem which affects blacks, whites, and hispanics and make it into a black only problem or a racist issue. Police brutality is a everybody issue, not just a black issue. Also they're very hypocritical. If all black libes matter then why did they celebrate the death of 6 cops that were killed in the riots, even though there was a black cop who died. There was even a rally where the person was calling for people to kill cops when they saw them. "Run those white pogs over" he said something like that. I will never stand with an organization that celebrates the death of people trying to do their job.

#Alllivesmatter
You just wasted your time reading this meaningless signature...

Why are you still reading?

I already told you, there's nothing interesting here.

Charlotte N.C Protests 10 months 1 week ago #66092

• Blue Tornado
  • Happy birthday, TravelPastel!!!
  • Thank you received: 806
endershadow112 wrote:
I honestly hate the black lives matter movement. The problem with it is that it takes a problem which affects blacks, whites, and hispanics and make it into a black only problem or a racist issue. Police brutality is a everybody issue, not just a black issue. Also they're very hypocritical. If all black libes matter then why did they celebrate the death of 6 cops that were killed in the riots, even though there was a black cop who died. There was even a rally where the person was calling for people to kill cops when they saw them. "Run those white pogs over" he said something like that. I will never stand with an organization that celebrates the death of people trying to do their job.

#Alllivesmatter

"Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

The problem is that the statement “I should get my fair share” had an implicit “too” at the end: “I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else.” But your dad’s response treated your statement as though you meant “only I should get my fair share”, which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that “everyone should get their fair share,” while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out.

That’s the situation of the “black lives matter” movement. Culture, laws, the arts, religion, and everyone else repeatedly suggest that all lives should matter. Clearly, that message already abounds in our society.

The problem is that, in practice, the world doesn’t work that way. You see the film Nightcrawler? You know the part where Renee Russo tells Jake Gyllenhal that she doesn’t want footage of a black or latino person dying, she wants news stories about affluent white people being killed? That’s not made up out of whole cloth--there is a news bias toward stories that the majority of the audience (who are white) can identify with. So when a young black man gets killed (prior to the recent police shootings), it’s generally not considered “news”, while a middle-aged white woman being killed is treated as news. And to a large degree, that is accurate--young black men are killed in significantly disproportionate numbers, which is why we don’t treat it as anything new. But the result is that, societally, we don’t pay as much attention to certain people’s deaths as we do to others. So, currently, we don’t treat all lives as though they matter equally.

Just like asking dad for your fair share, the phrase “black lives matter” also has an implicit “too” at the end: it’s saying that black lives should also matter. But responding to this by saying “all lives matter” is willfully going back to ignoring the problem. It’s a way of dismissing the statement by falsely suggesting that it means “only black lives matter,” when that is obviously not the case. And so saying “all lives matter” as a direct response to “black lives matter” is essentially saying that we should just go back to ignoring the problem." -GeekAesthete, on Tumblr

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrphie

Charlotte N.C Protests 10 months 1 week ago #66163

• LEMONwizard
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I trust God. Do you?
  • Thank you received: 94
But all lives do matter, and the color of your skin doesn't make you worth more or less than anyone else. I am white, and one of my best friends is black. It doesn't matter to me, just as long as she stays my friend. :whistle:
TRUST GOD with EVERYTHING because GOD HOLDS EVERYTHING and HE WON'T LET GO

#StvernoIsAFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement
When Emmy01 can't, I will fight for the pencil.

Charlotte N.C Protests 10 months 1 week ago #66245

Blue Tornado wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:

#Alllivesmatter

"Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

The problem is that the statement “I should get my fair share” had an implicit “too” at the end: “I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else.” But your dad’s response treated your statement as though you meant “only I should get my fair share”, which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that “everyone should get their fair share,” while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out.

That’s the situation of the “black lives matter” movement. Culture, laws, the arts, religion, and everyone else repeatedly suggest that all lives should matter. Clearly, that message already abounds in our society.

The problem is that, in practice, the world doesn’t work that way. You see the film Nightcrawler? You know the part where Renee Russo tells Jake Gyllenhal that she doesn’t want footage of a black or latino person dying, she wants news stories about affluent white people being killed? That’s not made up out of whole cloth--there is a news bias toward stories that the majority of the audience (who are white) can identify with. So when a young black man gets killed (prior to the recent police shootings), it’s generally not considered “news”, while a middle-aged white woman being killed is treated as news. And to a large degree, that is accurate--young black men are killed in significantly disproportionate numbers, which is why we don’t treat it as anything new. But the result is that, societally, we don’t pay as much attention to certain people’s deaths as we do to others. So, currently, we don’t treat all lives as though they matter equally.

Just like asking dad for your fair share, the phrase “black lives matter” also has an implicit “too” at the end: it’s saying that black lives should also matter. But responding to this by saying “all lives matter” is willfully going back to ignoring the problem. It’s a way of dismissing the statement by falsely suggesting that it means “only black lives matter,” when that is obviously not the case. And so saying “all lives matter” as a direct response to “black lives matter” is essentially saying that we should just go back to ignoring the problem." -GeekAesthete, on Tumblr

First thinga first, part of my argument was that police brutality is a everyone issue, not just a black issue.

Also, which world do you live in?! The media pounces whenever there is a black killing and makes it a HUGE issue, but there are instances where there was worse police brutality that happened to white people, and I never even knew it happened!

Also if it was black lives matter too i would be ok with it, but from videos of rallies i've seen there are people who make it into black lives matter only.
You just wasted your time reading this meaningless signature...

Why are you still reading?

I already told you, there's nothing interesting here.
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds