Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: should ISIS be stoped

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #59740

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 528
tim33 wrote:
@Notturningaside- I know the history- sure America entered the gulf war to stop Iran conquering Iraq- but that is only because there is huge amounts of natural resources in Iraq including oil. I'm just suggesting that America was the initial aggressor which they were- they acted against the advice of the United Nations.

Had you thought that perhaps Osama/Sadam Hussein were anti-west for good reason? At least from his perspective America were rich, greedy conquerers who needed to be fought.

Of course I know that Australia was involved- and I don't condone my own country's war either but Australia would have never got involved in the Middle East if America didn't. What do you expect us to do? We went to war because it was politically smart- we went to war to maintain a good relationship with America.

I know the history of the Middle East is violent. That doesn't excuse our actions.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that Isis shouldn't be stopped- it should. But unfortunately justice extends to our actions to, in Australia and America.

As to your references to the Quran- I haven't read it and therefore cannot judge it- Have you though?

To be fair, there were many participants in all aforementioned conflicts with a wide variety of motives. Your statement that America invaded for oil is probably at least partially true, but there were probably other motives as well, though not necessarily good ones. The same goes for ISIS. Not everyone in ISIS is anti-western, or look at America as greedy conquerors. Some are anti-people-who-disagree-with-them, while others might participate just cus(happens in America too I'm sure).

American politicians made the decision to join the war in the first place, and some where undoubtedly sponsored by oil companies. Besides, politicians can be, ahem, unqualified at times. (Or all the time)

In other words, it's more complicated than "America is greedy and that is why ISIS is a thing"
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #59752

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 345
Chickadee wrote:
I believe that ISIS was started by Jesuits...meaning you know, um. Well Jesuits control the world, including the USA, so everyone is
on the same team anyway
That's what I believe to. Jesuit do control the world!
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #59810

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
@SirGeneralCliche Well said

@TomTom- there is a big difference between defending your own country and invading another country

I've probably been way too agressive and I apologise- but I just wanted to suggest that America isn't pure and blameless either.

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #59822

• mylhu1011
  • Thank you received: 25
Alright, this stuff about the Jesuits controlling the world really needs to stop... First of all, the Jesuits were a group of male Catholic devotees sent out by the Church to re-educate Protestant dissenters. They were not the Inquisition. In pre-modern Europe and the Americas, Jesuits were little more than missionaries, professors, and scholars. The modern Society of Jesus (the organization of which Jesuits are a part) is far tamer than its 16th-century counterpart.

Second, Jesuits are first and foremost Catholic. Central and northern European countries, in addition to the U.S., are predominantly Protestant and have been since the Reformation. Why, then, would Catholics control primarily Protestant nations when deep religious divides still exist in countries like the US and the UK? It makes no logical sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TomTom

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #59915

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 345
Jesuits were created for the Counter Reformation. Read the Jesuit oath which says they pledge allegiance to the Pope, and will exterminate Protestants. They were and are the military order of the Catholic Church, and back in Martin Luther's time, many people were killed for being Protestants. How much they want us to believe that they are now different from the 1600s. Nothing has changed, do your research.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #59920

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1094
TomTom wrote:
tim33 wrote:
Should America be stopped?

Do you realise that in reality, America were the first terrorists, the only reason they've been involved in the Middle East- (The Gulf War, Afganistan War, and the wars in Iraq and Syria) is for the oil in the area. Oil means wealth, and America wants access to the oil. In one sense, terrorists are just continuing a war that America started, a war that was totally unjustified. America invaded these countries, killed their citizens and stole their resouces and still feels justified in condemning terrorists?

It takes a terrorist to know a terrorists
So- I am a terrorist because I know that Isis is?
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #59921

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
TomTom wrote:
tim33 wrote:
@TomTom, I'm no terrorist but thanks for the accusation. I don't support Isis, I think it's wrong, I think it's abhorent. Who could burn, rape and shoot innocent women, and murder children in their right mind? Of course we should be angry at Isis, perhaps even angry enough to fight back. But that's getting ahead of ourselves-

Perhaps it pays to remember who started all of this turmoil in the Middle East- America- who invaded for the oil- It was Americans who bombed innocent civilians in The Gulf War- maybe not intentionally, but certainly knowingly- this was 10 whole years befroe the twin towers attack- which was just a response to the horror inflicted by the oil-greedy Americans in the gulf war.

Before you have a go at me, think perhaps about how you would react if the strongest country in the world invaded you killing civilians indiscriminately- would you not fight back? I know you would- so why are you so shocked that Isis is?

I don't for a second condone their acts, but I cannot condone America's either. Don't be so naive as to think that America is a poor innocent country being attacked by an evil opposition, after all, that's just what Isis thinks.

I take it you were lied to about us in school. I do not think the oil thing was good.

Here's some words of advice.

1. Stay out of our politics. Why: Because behind every blade of grass is a patriot with a gun(s).
Poor American cows.... They'll run out of grass pretty soon.... :(
P.S. No country is innocent. In every country there are some good people and in every country there are some bad people.
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #59975

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 528
tim33 wrote:
I've probably been way too agressive and I apologise- but I just wanted to suggest that America isn't pure and blameless either.

Lol you think we don't know that? :lol:

Of the group of people in America with the most influence, (politicians, leaders of large industries, rich people, etc.) the majority of them seem to be corrupt (though maybe they are just the ones who get the most attention). The representatives of America and the decisions they make are never practically perfect in every way (Mary Poppins reference).

If they make a poor decision, chances are a good portion of the general public will disagree with them. If history is any testament, power often corrupts, though some have managed to remain decent. This holds for the whole world, not just America. But America is far from innocent, and everyone knows it. Some people even embrace it :S ....

America is bad, and so is the rest of the world. We can help out locally, but there is not much that we can do on a global scale.

Apology accepted btw
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #59991

@TomTom, considering that they attacked us first, no, not at all, it was self defense, and defending others, quite frankly i dont even condone the use of the Atomic Bomb, because even though what happened was tragic, it saved millions of japanese and american lives, because quite frankly, a ground invasion would have killed many more people on both sides, and the japanse would have fought to the last man, simply because they were raised with the ancient code of the samurai, which said that there was no thing more dishonorable than surrender, and that if you were in between a rock and a hard place you should commit suicide to keep your honor. i mean read up on the last mission of WW2 and the Battle of Saipan and you will understand just how the japanese had been taught to think and act
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60009

• mylhu1011
  • Thank you received: 25
mittens92999 wrote:
Jesuits were created for the Counter Reformation. Read the Jesuit oath which says they pledge allegiance to the Pope, and will exterminate Protestants. They were and are the military order of the Catholic Church, and back in Martin Luther's time, many people were killed for being Protestants. How much they want us to believe that they are now different from the 1600s. Nothing has changed, do your research.

What Jesuit oath are you referring to? Kindly provide me with one reliable source that proves both this Jesuit oath's existence and credibility and I won't challenge you further. The Monita Secreta, which was allegedly discovered by a Protestant and attributed to a Polish Jesuit expelled from the Society for disciplinary issues, has been denounced as a hoax by church officials across all branches of the Christian faith.

The Counter-Reformation was just that: a reformation of the Catholic Church that eliminated much of the corruption and simony that Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli found so appalling. As part of the Counter-Reformation, the Council of Trent charged the Society of Jesus with converting local populaces back to the Catholic faith in hopes that this religious outcry could be easily quashed and the Church could return to the status quo. Yes, people were executed for being Protestants, but the reasoning behind that lies in the simple fact that heresy was punishable by death in the Church. Various heretical movements throughout history ended in bloody executions, and what is now the Protestant Church was once seen as just another heresy. Jesuits served as missionaries and founded seminaries and universities to bring the local population back to Catholicism (or in some cases, bring them to the Church for the first time), but they were not executioners, fanatics, or militants.

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60100

• TomTom
  • Thank you received: 187
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
tim33 wrote:

Do you realise that in reality, America were the first terrorists, the only reason they've been involved in the Middle East- (The Gulf War, Afganistan War, and the wars in Iraq and Syria) is for the oil in the area. Oil means wealth, and America wants access to the oil. In one sense, terrorists are just continuing a war that America started, a war that was totally unjustified. America invaded these countries, killed their citizens and stole their resouces and still feels justified in condemning terrorists?

I think you're smarter than that. And do you mean you've never heard of that phrase? I don't explain things very well, so u'll have to look up what that phrase means.

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60101

• TomTom
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
tim33 wrote:
@TomTom, I'm no terrorist but thanks for the accusation. I don't support Isis, I think it's wrong, I think it's abhorent. Who could burn, rape and shoot innocent women, and murder children in their right mind? Of course we should be angry at Isis, perhaps even angry enough to fight back. But that's getting ahead of ourselves-

Perhaps it pays to remember who started all of this turmoil in the Middle East- America- who invaded for the oil- It was Americans who bombed innocent civilians in The Gulf War- maybe not intentionally, but certainly knowingly- this was 10 whole years befroe the twin towers attack- which was just a response to the horror inflicted by the oil-greedy Americans in the gulf war.

Before you have a go at me, think perhaps about how you would react if the strongest country in the world invaded you killing civilians indiscriminately- would you not fight back? I know you would- so why are you so shocked that Isis is?

I don't for a second condone their acts, but I cannot condone America's either. Don't be so naive as to think that America is a poor innocent country being attacked by an evil opposition, after all, that's just what Isis thinks.

I take it you were lied to about us in school. I do not think the oil thing was good.

Here's some words of advice.

1. Stay out of our politics. Why: Because behind every blade of grass is a patriot with a gun(s).
Poor American cows.... They'll run out of grass pretty soon.... :(
P.S. No country is innocent. In every country there are some good people and in every country there are some bad people.

I love cows, especially when I eat them. I never said my country is innocent. I would know that morev than you or tim33 would.

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60102

• TomTom
notturningaside wrote:
@TomTom, considering that they attacked us first, no, not at all, it was self defense, and defending others, quite frankly i dont even condone the use of the Atomic Bomb, because even though what happened was tragic, it saved millions of japanese and american lives, because quite frankly, a ground invasion would have killed many more people on both sides, and the japanse would have fought to the last man, simply because they were raised with the ancient code of the samurai, which said that there was no thing more dishonorable than surrender, and that if you were in between a rock and a hard place you should commit suicide to keep your honor. i mean read up on the last mission of WW2 and the Battle of Saipan and you will understand just how the japanese had been taught to think and act

I already know that. I'm homeschooled. And I must say amen.

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60147

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
TomTom wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
tim33 wrote:

I think you're smarter than that. And do you mean you've never heard of that phrase? I don't explain things very well, so u'll have to look up what that phrase means.
Yes, I've heard that phrase but it doesn't work...

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60149

• TomTom
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
tim33 wrote:

Not for you maybe. But it seemed to serve it's purpose with someone else.

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60163

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2981
Man, it's amazing what kinds of conversations we kids get ourselves into....
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, Lloyd101

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60167

• LittleLadyBug
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Thank you received: 180
yes i think that the ISIS should be stopped.
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60211

• TomTom
Quirky wrote:

What? I love trolling people on guide.

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60272

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
TomTom wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
tim33 wrote:

Not for you maybe. But it seemed to serve it's purpose with someone else.[/quote
Like who?

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60286

• Nate1246
  • ~LF~ ¬§KING¬§
  • Thank you received: 43
I'm not sure of Isis being stopped striking chin
Rrrrrrroarrrrrr!!!!!

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60288

• TomTom
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
tim33 wrote:

Not for you maybe. But it seemed to serve it's purpose with someone else.[/quote
Like who?

Tim33. He's been practically death to America.

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60308

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2981
TomTom wrote:
Quirky wrote:

What? I love trolling people on guide.

Uh huh......

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60330

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
TomTom wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
tim33 wrote:

Like who?

Well then, since you started this line of fire, :P I take it that you and ken10wil are America since he's been death to you and you only, and therefore that firms my resolve of staying in my own wonderful country.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim33

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60331

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
Change of subject. I'm sitting here watching a wonderful sunset...... B)

should ISIS be stoped 1 year 3 months ago #60347

• TomTom
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TomTom wrote:
tim33 wrote:

Like who?

Well then, since you started this line of fire, :P I take it that you and ken10wil are America since he's been death to you and you only, and therefore that firms my resolve of staying in my own wonderful country.....

What took you so long to figure out I'm American? Was there not enough patriotism? Because I can fix that.
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds