Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What Type of Environment do you Live in?

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 weeks ago #52400

  • Lloyd101
  • Lloyd101's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
  • Posts: 578
  • Thank you received: 328
Mp137 wrote:
Lloyd101 wrote:
I live in a city its pretty big you can find it in the top ten biggest citys... :whistle:

Houston?

Nope not that big ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 weeks ago #52414

  • trio3
  • trio3's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
  • Posts: 844
  • Thank you received: 577
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
I will state what I believe about Ellen white: her writings are subject to the test of a prophet, found in the Bible, and , passing that test, her writings are equal to the Bible

To say Ellen White's writings are equal to the Bible is to say that you do not believe in the Bible alone as the supreme authority in all matters of doctrine and practice. In other words, it means you are no longer a Protestant. Protestantism was founded because its leaders did not believe in the Roman Catholic Church's use of extra-biblical sources instead of the Bible. Ellen White has her place, but she is an extra-biblical source, and has to be treated as such.


*sidenote* technically Seventh Day Adventist aren't a part of the Protestant church because we weren't formed out of a protest against Rome like Lutherans, Baptist, etc. :side:

Seventh-day Adventists are Protestants because we believe in the Bible alone, faith alone, in Christ alone as our mediator, and in giving glory to God alone. We are not as old as other Protestant denominations, but we are one. The main branches of Protestants are Adventism, Anabaptism, Anglicanism, Baptist churches, Calvinism (Reformed tradition), Lutheranism, Methodism, and Pentecostalism.

Actually, InspiredThinker, if you go to Rev 12:17 it reads

"And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

As said in Rev 19:10 "the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

The protestants do not have the spirit of prophecy because they refused the first angels message and the light given to the people of that time through the Millerite movement. God does not grant new truths to those that reject the first droplets. The Advent movement that God began in 1844 accepted the new light that God revealed through the sanctuary and bible prophecy. Although the individuals involved in this movement were protestants, the heaven sent light given to them began to form an entirely new church. Their prime goal was not to protest against Rome any more, as much as it was to prepare a people for Christ's coming. Ellen White, just like the prophets inspired by the Holy Spirit in the Bible, allowed God to give her visions and dreams to explain and expand bible truths. The words that Ellen White wrote and spake were the words given to her by God. Protestants do not have this privilege. Principally, we are protestants in the sense of protesting against the Papal system; But theologically we are the movement that will prepare a final people to stand up and vindicate the character of God.

~trio
Life will always end in closure; unless, of course, it doesn't.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 weeks ago #52453

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1215
trio3 wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
I will state what I believe about Ellen white: her writings are subject to the test of a prophet, found in the Bible, and , passing that test, her writings are equal to the Bible

To say Ellen White's writings are equal to the Bible is to say that you do not believe in the Bible alone as the supreme authority in all matters of doctrine and practice. In other words, it means you are no longer a Protestant. Protestantism was founded because its leaders did not believe in the Roman Catholic Church's use of extra-biblical sources instead of the Bible. Ellen White has her place, but she is an extra-biblical source, and has to be treated as such.


*sidenote* technically Seventh Day Adventist aren't a part of the Protestant church because we weren't formed out of a protest against Rome like Lutherans, Baptist, etc. :side:

Seventh-day Adventists are Protestants because we believe in the Bible alone, faith alone, in Christ alone as our mediator, and in giving glory to God alone. We are not as old as other Protestant denominations, but we are one. The main branches of Protestants are Adventism, Anabaptism, Anglicanism, Baptist churches, Calvinism (Reformed tradition), Lutheranism, Methodism, and Pentecostalism.

Actually, InspiredThinker, if you go to Rev 12:17 it reads

"And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

As said in Rev 19:10 "the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

The protestants do not have the spirit of prophecy because they refused the first angels message and the light given to the people of that time through the Millerite movement. God does not grant new truths to those that reject the first droplets. The Advent movement that God began in 1844 accepted the new light that God revealed through the sanctuary and bible prophecy. Although the individuals involved in this movement were protestants, the heaven sent light given to them began to form an entirely new church. Their prime goal was not to protest against Rome any more, as much as it was to prepare a people for Christ's coming. Ellen White, just like the prophets inspired by the Holy Spirit in the Bible, allowed God to give her visions and dreams to explain and expand bible truths. The words that Ellen White wrote and spake were the words given to her by God. Protestants do not have this privilege. Principally, we are protestants in the sense of protesting against the Papal system; But theologically we are the movement that will prepare a final people to stand up and vindicate the character of God.

~trio

Both principally and theologically we are Protestants. The woman is the Church, and we believe that as SDAs, we are the remnant of her seed. Protestants did have the privilege of new light, through light that was given to Luther, Melanchthon, Knox, Calvin, and Zwingli. God gives more light to the faithful as time passes, to allow them to digest the original light and prepare for new ones. The SDA church is literally a coalition of Protestants who desire to live by the Bible and alert others about the coming of Jesus.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: awesomekidd, Mp137

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 1 week ago #52596

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2979
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
I will state what I believe about Ellen white: her writings are subject to the test of a prophet, found in the Bible, and , passing that test, her writings are equal to the Bible

To say Ellen White's writings are equal to the Bible is to say that you do not believe in the Bible alone as the supreme authority in all matters of doctrine and practice. In other words, it means you are no longer a Protestant. Protestantism was founded because its leaders did not believe in the Roman Catholic Church's use of extra-biblical sources instead of the Bible. Ellen White has her place, but she is an extra-biblical source, and has to be treated as such.


*sidenote* technically Seventh Day Adventist aren't a part of the Protestant church because we weren't formed out of a protest against Rome like Lutherans, Baptist, etc. :side:

Seventh-day Adventists are Protestants because we believe in the Bible alone, faith alone, in Christ alone as our mediator, and in giving glory to God alone. We are not as old as other Protestant denominations, but we are one. The main branches of Protestants are Adventism, Anabaptism, Anglicanism, Baptist churches, Calvinism (Reformed tradition), Lutheranism, Methodism, and Pentecostalism.


So when you here people talking about apostate Protestantism you believe that Seventh Day Adventists are a part of that group?

Yes and no. When an individual that identifies as Protestant stops believing in the set of Protestant doctrines, he is an apostate, because he is no longer against the teachings of Catholicism. As a whole, SDAs are not apostate Protestants, but the SDA Church has 18 million+ that claim to know the truth and walk with God.

kay, i think i get what you're saying (sort of).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 22 hours ago #52855

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
InspiredThinker wrote:
trio3 wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
I will state what I believe about Ellen white: her writings are subject to the test of a prophet, found in the Bible, and , passing that test, her writings are equal to the Bible

To say Ellen White's writings are equal to the Bible is to say that you do not believe in the Bible alone as the supreme authority in all matters of doctrine and practice. In other words, it means you are no longer a Protestant. Protestantism was founded because its leaders did not believe in the Roman Catholic Church's use of extra-biblical sources instead of the Bible. Ellen White has her place, but she is an extra-biblical source, and has to be treated as such.


*sidenote* technically Seventh Day Adventist aren't a part of the Protestant church because we weren't formed out of a protest against Rome like Lutherans, Baptist, etc. :side:

Seventh-day Adventists are Protestants because we believe in the Bible alone, faith alone, in Christ alone as our mediator, and in giving glory to God alone. We are not as old as other Protestant denominations, but we are one. The main branches of Protestants are Adventism, Anabaptism, Anglicanism, Baptist churches, Calvinism (Reformed tradition), Lutheranism, Methodism, and Pentecostalism.

Actually, InspiredThinker, if you go to Rev 12:17 it reads

"And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

As said in Rev 19:10 "the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

The protestants do not have the spirit of prophecy because they refused the first angels message and the light given to the people of that time through the Millerite movement. God does not grant new truths to those that reject the first droplets. The Advent movement that God began in 1844 accepted the new light that God revealed through the sanctuary and bible prophecy. Although the individuals involved in this movement were protestants, the heaven sent light given to them began to form an entirely new church. Their prime goal was not to protest against Rome any more, as much as it was to prepare a people for Christ's coming. Ellen White, just like the prophets inspired by the Holy Spirit in the Bible, allowed God to give her visions and dreams to explain and expand bible truths. The words that Ellen White wrote and spake were the words given to her by God. Protestants do not have this privilege. Principally, we are protestants in the sense of protesting against the Papal system; But theologically we are the movement that will prepare a final people to stand up and vindicate the character of God.

~trio

Both principally and theologically we are Protestants. The woman is the Church, and we believe that as SDAs, we are the remnant of her seed. Protestants did have the privilege of new light, through light that was given to Luther, Melanchthon, Knox, Calvin, and Zwingli. God gives more light to the faithful as time passes, to allow them to digest the original light and prepare for new ones. The SDA church is literally a coalition of Protestants who desire to live by the Bible and alert others about the coming of Jesus.

Wait..... So you are saying that Ellen white can be equated to Zwingli , Martin Luther , etc.? That means you don't believe that she passed the test of a prophet found in the BIBLE, BTW. :blink:
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 1 year 10 months ago #53875

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 908
  • Thank you received: 374
it will be harder to run form the city, and we will have to go farther. if you don't live in the city it wouldn't be as hard

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TP!!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 1 year 10 months ago #54298

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1215
@tuftedtitmouse, that isn't what I'm saying. Do I believe Mrs. White passes the tests of a true prophet? Absolutely. Does that elevate her writings to the level of Scripture? Absolutely not. As Seventh-day Adventists, and on a larger scale, Protestants, we claim one creed when it comes to doctrine; that "the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested". Mrs. White's writings, inspired as they may be, cannot be used as a standard for doctrine or for any Biblical issue as the final word.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 1 year 9 months ago #54699

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
InspiredThinker wrote:
@tuftedtitmouse, that isn't what I'm saying. Do I believe Mrs. White passes the tests of a true prophet? Absolutely. Does that elevate her writings to the level of Scripture? Absolutely not. As Seventh-day Adventists, and on a larger scale, Protestants, we claim one creed when it comes to doctrine; that "the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested". Mrs. White's writings, inspired as they may be, cannot be used as a standard for doctrine or for any Biblical issue as the final word.

I dont really understand. If she is a prophet, why cant we accept what she says as truth? And if you say we can, then why are you saying that her saying that we should move to the country is wrong? I dont understand your point.

P.S im not trying to be mean or anything.
Sorry if i sound like it :unsure:
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 1 year 9 months ago #54722

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1215
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
@tuftedtitmouse, that isn't what I'm saying. Do I believe Mrs. White passes the tests of a true prophet? Absolutely. Does that elevate her writings to the level of Scripture? Absolutely not. As Seventh-day Adventists, and on a larger scale, Protestants, we claim one creed when it comes to doctrine; that "the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested". Mrs. White's writings, inspired as they may be, cannot be used as a standard for doctrine or for any Biblical issue as the final word.

I dont really understand. If she is a prophet, why cant we accept what she says as truth? And if you say we can, then why are you saying that her saying that we should move to the country is wrong? I dont understand your point.

P.S im not trying to be mean or anything.
Sorry if i sound like it :unsure:

No worries. I understand what you mean.
Even though EGW is a prophet, her writings are not authoritative enough to be used as the standard for truth. Mrs. White's writings are not complementary to the Bible, but supplementary; existing to help us understand the Bible better.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds