Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What Type of Environment do you Live in?

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 months ago #49747

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
IlikeEatingPi wrote:
Actually God didn't save the people that stayed in Jerusalem. They got killed like all the other people in Jerusalem because they didn't do what Jesus said to do.

When the siege started, there were still Christians in Jerusalem, although many had left before 50 AD. However, God still made a way for them to be able to escape when the Romans drew back. I'm not talking about those who decided to begin celebrating and were killed in the middle of their celebrations when the Romans returned.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 months ago #49868

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
God said that the drawing back was the sign to get out. We have already had that sign to get out . Also Ellen whites writing are as reliable as the bible . The same spirit that inspired her insured Isaiah ,Jeremiah ,and all the other prophets. So I'm not sure why your saying that you can believe every sentence of the bible but not the spirit of prophecy.
Also, we had so many miracles in getting out that you'd pass out literally :P just kidding. But it's very amazing! Hopefully this didn't come across harsh :blush:
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 months ago #50087

  • miss amazing
  • miss amazing's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Hurry up Summer!
  • Posts: 331
  • Thank you received: 194
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
God said that the drawing back was the sign to get out. We have already had that sign to get out . Also Ellen whites writing are as reliable as the bible . The same spirit that inspired her insured Isaiah ,Jeremiah ,and all the other prophets. So I'm not sure why your saying that you can believe every sentence of the bible but not the spirit of prophecy.
Also, we had so many miracles in getting out that you'd pass out literally :P just kidding. But it's very amazing! Hopefully this didn't come across harsh :blush:
I don't really get the sign to get out thing. I don't believe that Ellen Whites writings are equal to the Bible. They POiNT to the Bible! We cannot put her words above the Bible! The Bible says to witness to others in all nations! That includes the city! We can't use Ellen whites writings to excuse what the Bible says. Sorry i got a bit riled up there. Maybe we should start up another topic about this. This topic wasn't about Ellen Whites writings in the first place. Let me know if you think we should. :)
Hannah...always a kiwi at heart.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 months ago #50187

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
Ok maybe on new topic thing. Also, can u please show me where in the bible or Ellen whites writings that it says that her writings are under the bible?
(You can reply in new topic if u want also lets not get ummmm.... MAD :) ) also I didn't say they were above the Bible
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 months ago #50327

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
miss amazing wrote:
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
God said that the drawing back was the sign to get out. We have already had that sign to get out . Also Ellen whites writing are as reliable as the bible . The same spirit that inspired her insured Isaiah ,Jeremiah ,and all the other prophets. So I'm not sure why your saying that you can believe every sentence of the bible but not the spirit of prophecy.
Also, we had so many miracles in getting out that you'd pass out literally :P just kidding. But it's very amazing! Hopefully this didn't come across harsh :blush:
I don't really get the sign to get out thing. I don't believe that Ellen Whites writings are equal to the Bible. They POiNT to the Bible! We cannot put her words above the Bible! The Bible says to witness to others in all nations! That includes the city! We can't use Ellen whites writings to excuse what the Bible says. Sorry i got a bit riled up there. Maybe we should start up another topic about this. This topic wasn't about Ellen Whites writings in the first place. Let me know if you think we should. :)

You are absolutely right miss amazing. Ellen White's writings were given as a lesser light to point to the greater light. She says it herself.

"The Lord has sent His people much instruction, line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, and there a little. Little heed is given to the Bible, and the Lord has given a lesser light to lead men and women to the greater light." YRP 232.4

Just like John the Baptist, her writings are here to provide a clear path to the scriptures that have been shrouded in darkness by the enemy and his agents. This doesn't mean we should disregard here or the bible. They are both given by inspiration of God, not to be ignored.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 months ago #50340

  • Cool Cat
  • Cool Cat's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love computers and dirt bikes
  • Posts: 701
  • Thank you received: 224
god doesn't always call people to the country.We are meant to be the light of the world.Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
I live in the country because the end is coming. The reason?
Because there will be a time when if you do not keep the Sunday law that will be enforced,
You will not be able to buy or sell.
Where do u grow all your food?
Also Ellen white said that judgments will fall on the cities.
Do you want to be part of it?
God won't protect you because you didn't listen to him to move, so why should he?
He warned you

When I say you I am not meaning like YOU, I'm talkin bout people then

God will not withdraw his protection just because a person didn't move to a more rural area. Did God stop protecting the Christians in Jerusalem in AD 70 because they didn't move out of Jerusalem before the Romans came?

Um, kinda. All those who were found in the city of Jerusalem when the Romans attacked were killed. All of the Christians who trusted in God fled from the city to a place of refuge when the sign for them to leave came. We have already been warned to leave the cities. If we don't make a concentrated effort to "flee" then how can we expect Him to protect us from a place that we were told to leave a long time ago? I'm not saying that God will completely withdraw His protection because I don't know. But how much easier do you think it'll be for the government to find you when they have your name and address and the city that you are in is on lock down? Thats pretty much how I see it.

God doesn't just "stop" protecting people. What about families with small children who are unable to move from their suburban neighborhood to a more rural area?

I live in a family of seven with two small children. We aren't the riches people on earth and it took us at least four years to find a country home. We spent a month and a half living at a campsite because we had to leave our home in the city. We finally found a country home that has two bedrooms, my parents in one and the rest of us kids in the other. Do we have small children? Yes. Do we have a ton of of income pouring in? No. Are we in the country? You betcha. Don't you dare use the excuse of having small children to get out of moving to the country. Our family had little chance of even having a home to live in, but God worked miracles to get us where we are now.

If God wants you to do something, and you have an earnest desire to do His will, you bet he's gonna fufill His promises in you.

And if I come across as being harsh or sensitive then sorry, but I'm not sorry about anything I said.
My website: HighGearMX.simplesite.com
Dirt bikes+computers= :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 months ago #50348

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
Ok maybe on new topic thing. Also, can u please show me where in the bible or Ellen whites writings that it says that her writings are under the bible?
(You can reply in new topic if u want also lets not get ummmm.... MAD :) ) also I didn't say they were above the Bible

Do you really believe her writings are equal to the Bible?
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 months ago #50475

  • Lloyd101
  • Lloyd101's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
  • Posts: 578
  • Thank you received: 328
I live in a city its pretty big you can find it in the top ten biggest citys... :whistle:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 months ago #50686

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
Yes, I do inspired thinker. I'm not moving on it until you show me proof that she is not equal from the bible or her writings
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 months ago #50693

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
I will state what I believe about Ellen white: her writings are subject to the test of a prophet, found in the Bible, and , passing that test, her writings are equal to the Bible
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 months ago #50715

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
Yes, I do inspired thinker. I'm not moving on it until you show me proof that she is not equal from the bible or her writings

The Spirit was not given--nor can it ever be bestowed-- to supersede the Bible; for the Scriptures explicitly state that the Word of God is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. Says the apostle John, "Believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" (1 John 4:1). And Isaiah declares, "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" (Isaiah 8:20).
- Great Controversy

In public labor do not make prominent, and quote that which Sister White has written, as authority to sustain your positions. To do this will not increase faith in the testimonies. Bring your evidences, clear and plain, from the Word of God. A [p. 30] "Thus saith the Lord" is the strongest testimony you can possibly present to the people. Let none be educated to look to Sister White, but to the mighty God, who gives instruction to Sister White. (Letter 11, 1894.) . . .

Little heed is given to the Bible, and the Lord has given a lesser light to lead men and women to the greater light. (The Review and Herald, Jan. 20, 1903. Quoted in Colporteur Ministry, p. 125.) . . .

Ellen White's writings are lower than the Bible. They exist to point us to the Bible, not to be equal to it.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: awesomekidd, Quirky, Mp137

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 months ago #50733

  • Chickadee
  • Chickadee's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love dogs!!
  • Posts: 273
  • Thank you received: 211
InspiredThinker wrote:
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
Yes, I do inspired thinker. I'm not moving on it until you show me proof that she is not equal from the bible or her writings

The Spirit was not given--nor can it ever be bestowed-- to supersede the Bible; for the Scriptures explicitly state that the Word of God is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. Says the apostle John, "Believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" (1 John 4:1). And Isaiah declares, "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" (Isaiah 8:20).
- Great Controversy

In public labor do not make prominent, and quote that which Sister White has written, as authority to sustain your positions. To do this will not increase faith in the testimonies. Bring your evidences, clear and plain, from the Word of God. A [p. 30] "Thus saith the Lord" is the strongest testimony you can possibly present to the people. Let none be educated to look to Sister White, but to the mighty God, who gives instruction to Sister White. (Letter 11, 1894.) . . .

Little heed is given to the Bible, and the Lord has given a lesser light to lead men and women to the greater light. (The Review and Herald, Jan. 20, 1903. Quoted in Colporteur Ministry, p. 125.) . . .

Ellen White's writings are lower than the Bible. They exist to point us to the Bible, not to be equal to it.

you took these quotes out of context.

1. Ellen White passed the test of the prophet. the top quote from the SOP is saying that the people who believe they have the Spirit are wrong to say their experiences are from the spirit so they are above what the Bible teaches. Read the whole chapter that quote was taken from and you will understand

2. the second quote is talking about PUBLIC LABOR, like an evangelistic meeting or something. Of course then you don't wanna use the SOP because that won't convince people

3. the third quote is saying that no one listens to the BIBLE anymore, and that the Lord has given the lesser light (the Bible) to lead to the greater light (Christ)

Ellen Whites writings are equal to the Bible, and many people take quotes from her out of context to show she is less than the Bible. Often you need to find the original chapter it came from to get the context so you know what she is talking about. Same with the Bible, don't quote a verse out of a chapter and twist it without showing what it was talking about in the first place.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 1 month ago #50844

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
I will state what I believe about Ellen white: her writings are subject to the test of a prophet, found in the Bible, and , passing that test, her writings are equal to the Bible

As Protestants, we believe that only the Bible can be used to define our doctrine. This belief is called Sola Scriptura. To call Ellen White, an extra-biblical source, equal to the Bible is to pay lip-service to Sola Scriptura; that is, to only believe in Sola Scriptura in theory and not in practice. Roman Catholicism does not use Sola Scriptura, and Catholic doctrines are based not only on the Bible, but on the teachings of early church leaders (Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, Ignatius, etc.).

Second, whenever Ellen White mentioned a "lesser light", she meant her writings. The Bible was the greater light, which ultimately points to God as the Supreme ruler of the universe. In terms of planets, the SOP is the Moon, the Bible is Earth, and God is the Sun. The Moon and Earth do not create their own light, they only reflect the light the Sun shines on them.

Never, during her 70-year ministry, did EGW equate her writings to the Bible. She always made sure to point to the Bible, and in her writings, it is difficult to find a single page without a Biblical reference.

This is an official statement by the GC on Ellen White's writings:

1. We do not believe that the quality or degree of inspiration in the writings of Ellen White is different from that of Scripture.

2. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White are an addition to the canon of Sacred Scripture.

3. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White function as the foundation and final authority of Christian faith as does Scripture.

4. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White may be used as the basis of doctrine.

5. We do not believe that the study of the writings of Ellen White may be used to replace the study of Scripture.

6. We do not believe that Scripture can be understood only through the writings of Ellen White.

7. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White exhaust the meaning of Scripture.

8. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White are essential for the proclamation of the truths of Scripture to society at large.

9. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White are the product of mere Christian piety.

10. We do not believe that Ellen White's use of literary sources and assistants negates the inspiration of her writings.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: awesomekidd

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 1 month ago #50848

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
I accidentally deleted my original post. :unsure: Anyway, what about those who are unable to move?

i live in the suburbs, and we absolutely cannot afford to be moving anywhere. Yes, God will take care of His children, but it's ridiculous to knowingly put yourself in a bad situation and expect a miracle.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 1 month ago #50912

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
InspiredThinker wrote:
I accidentally deleted my original post. :unsure: Anyway, what about those who are unable to move?

i live in the suburbs, and we absolutely cannot afford to be moving anywhere. Yes, God will take care of His children, but it's ridiculous to knowingly put yourself in a bad situation and expect a miracle.

Tell ya what WE were the ones that were unable to move. We only had $2,000, offered $10,000 for a piece of land that cost $118,000 and got for $12,500 with money from nowhere. We built our house and literally money was coming from NOWHERE. I know from experience that you can move out, no matter whether you have $1 or $2,000,000. If God said it, you can do it.


Ok now about the Ellen white. If you read chickadees comment, I shouldn't need to say nothin so..... Bye for now!!! :cheer: :cheer: :woohoo: :woohoo:
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 1 month ago #50953

  • Lloyd101
  • Lloyd101's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
  • Posts: 578
  • Thank you received: 328
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
miss amazing wrote:
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
miss amazing wrote:
I think its only right at the end of time. God wants us to witness, not all run away to the country and hide just because Ellen White said to.

So you r saying it's not the end of time? And you can't witness in the country?and your acting like God didn't speak thru Ellen white. If Ellen white said it, God inspired her to say it and how can you say he doesn't want us to?
I have a quote from Ellen white that I'll get on here ASAP about how she was telling everybody to move to the country then. How about now? Also she didn't say to hide she just said to be away from the "prying eyes" of your neighbors I'm gonna look for that quote.......
I understand what your trying to say but what i think Ellen White was meaning was when probation closes she wants us to get out of the city. Of course Ellen white always speaks the truth but i think we can twist the meaning of her words. Do u know how many if the worlds people live in the cities?God wants us to be a light. Once probation closes it will be to late and we must get out. O.K thats enough of my rambling ;)

but she shad get out NOW 100 years ago

also i don't want to turn this into a hot argument ;)

It already did :S :(
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 weeks ago #52194

i want to move back to the country no matter WHAT time it is :( :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 weeks ago #52209

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
I will state what I believe about Ellen white: her writings are subject to the test of a prophet, found in the Bible, and , passing that test, her writings are equal to the Bible

To say Ellen White's writings are equal to the Bible is to say that you do not believe in the Bible alone as the supreme authority in all matters of doctrine and practice. In other words, it means you are no longer a Protestant. Protestantism was founded because its leaders did not believe in the Roman Catholic Church's use of extra-biblical sources instead of the Bible. Ellen White has her place, but she is an extra-biblical source, and has to be treated as such.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: awesomekidd, Mp137

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 weeks ago #52232

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
InspiredThinker wrote:
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
I will state what I believe about Ellen white: her writings are subject to the test of a prophet, found in the Bible, and , passing that test, her writings are equal to the Bible

To say Ellen White's writings are equal to the Bible is to say that you do not believe in the Bible alone as the supreme authority in all matters of doctrine and practice. In other words, it means you are no longer a Protestant. Protestantism was founded because its leaders did not believe in the Roman Catholic Church's use of extra-biblical sources instead of the Bible. Ellen White has her place, but she is an extra-biblical source, and has to be treated as such.


*sidenote* technically Seventh Day Adventist aren't a part of the Protestant church because we weren't formed out of a protest against Rome like Lutherans, Baptist, etc. :side:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 weeks ago #52244

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2189
  • Thank you received: 1944
Lloyd101 wrote:
I live in a city its pretty big you can find it in the top ten biggest citys... :whistle:

Houston?
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 weeks ago #52252

  • LittleLadyBug
  • LittleLadyBug's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Posts: 411
  • Thank you received: 180
i had to say country because half of it is,but the other half is not it is kinda confusing :blink:
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 weeks ago #52264

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
I will state what I believe about Ellen white: her writings are subject to the test of a prophet, found in the Bible, and , passing that test, her writings are equal to the Bible

To say Ellen White's writings are equal to the Bible is to say that you do not believe in the Bible alone as the supreme authority in all matters of doctrine and practice. In other words, it means you are no longer a Protestant. Protestantism was founded because its leaders did not believe in the Roman Catholic Church's use of extra-biblical sources instead of the Bible. Ellen White has her place, but she is an extra-biblical source, and has to be treated as such.


*sidenote* technically Seventh Day Adventist aren't a part of the Protestant church because we weren't formed out of a protest against Rome like Lutherans, Baptist, etc. :side:

Seventh-day Adventists are Protestants because we believe in the Bible alone, faith alone, in Christ alone as our mediator, and in giving glory to God alone. We are not as old as other Protestant denominations, but we are one. The main branches of Protestants are Adventism, Anabaptism, Anglicanism, Baptist churches, Calvinism (Reformed tradition), Lutheranism, Methodism, and Pentecostalism.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: awesomekidd, Mp137

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 weeks ago #52297

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3707
  • Thank you received: 2978
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
I will state what I believe about Ellen white: her writings are subject to the test of a prophet, found in the Bible, and , passing that test, her writings are equal to the Bible

To say Ellen White's writings are equal to the Bible is to say that you do not believe in the Bible alone as the supreme authority in all matters of doctrine and practice. In other words, it means you are no longer a Protestant. Protestantism was founded because its leaders did not believe in the Roman Catholic Church's use of extra-biblical sources instead of the Bible. Ellen White has her place, but she is an extra-biblical source, and has to be treated as such.


*sidenote* technically Seventh Day Adventist aren't a part of the Protestant church because we weren't formed out of a protest against Rome like Lutherans, Baptist, etc. :side:

Seventh-day Adventists are Protestants because we believe in the Bible alone, faith alone, in Christ alone as our mediator, and in giving glory to God alone. We are not as old as other Protestant denominations, but we are one. The main branches of Protestants are Adventism, Anabaptism, Anglicanism, Baptist churches, Calvinism (Reformed tradition), Lutheranism, Methodism, and Pentecostalism.


So when you here people talking about apostate Protestantism you believe that Seventh Day Adventists are a part of that group?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 weeks ago #52306

  • Tuftedtitmouse
  • Tuftedtitmouse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 70
BTW, I AM following the Bible because the Bible says that if a prophet passes the test of a prophet that that prophet is a true prophet. A true prophet is a messenger directly from God, and we should listen to God, Correct? And, if you say that if she just says one "little" thing we don't need to listen to it, then how about saying that she said " the LORD has shown me " in some of the quotes I posted, and she didn't write it just once, either. In Fact, there's a whole compilation about it aka the book Country Living.


One Note here: I noticed we are getting a touch bit too "hot" here, Even me :(
So let's be more Christlike, please. :lol:
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

What Type of Environment do you Live in? 2 years 2 weeks ago #52398

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Quirky wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
Tuftedtitmouse wrote:
I will state what I believe about Ellen white: her writings are subject to the test of a prophet, found in the Bible, and , passing that test, her writings are equal to the Bible

To say Ellen White's writings are equal to the Bible is to say that you do not believe in the Bible alone as the supreme authority in all matters of doctrine and practice. In other words, it means you are no longer a Protestant. Protestantism was founded because its leaders did not believe in the Roman Catholic Church's use of extra-biblical sources instead of the Bible. Ellen White has her place, but she is an extra-biblical source, and has to be treated as such.


*sidenote* technically Seventh Day Adventist aren't a part of the Protestant church because we weren't formed out of a protest against Rome like Lutherans, Baptist, etc. :side:

Seventh-day Adventists are Protestants because we believe in the Bible alone, faith alone, in Christ alone as our mediator, and in giving glory to God alone. We are not as old as other Protestant denominations, but we are one. The main branches of Protestants are Adventism, Anabaptism, Anglicanism, Baptist churches, Calvinism (Reformed tradition), Lutheranism, Methodism, and Pentecostalism.


So when you here people talking about apostate Protestantism you believe that Seventh Day Adventists are a part of that group?

Yes and no. When an individual that identifies as Protestant stops believing in the set of Protestant doctrines, he is an apostate, because he is no longer against the teachings of Catholicism. As a whole, SDAs are not apostate Protestants, but the SDA Church has 18 million+ that claim to know the truth and walk with God.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: awesomekidd, Quirky
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds