Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Homosexuality

Homosexuality 3 years 9 months ago #35917

• sophie
  • i like life
  • Thank you received: 49
Ok, so a few of my friends are gay and I am having a hard time believing that it’s a choice like many people say. What if you are just kinda born that way?
What do you guys think?
life is like music. there are good times and bad times just like there are good songs and bad ones. there is always a creator of the songs just like there is a Creator of life. and the music goes on even after the song stops. just like we will have eternal life in Christ.

GUIDE SENIOR CITIZEN ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 9 months ago #36032

• *bjc4christ*
  • God first
  • Thank you received: 98
God made male and female to have and hold each other.In the Bible, a lot of the time, it mentions that male was made for female and female was made for male to be together...now if you think that they were kind of born that way then you are kind of saying that God then made a gay person but we all know that's not true. And yes people have a choice to feel attracted to the same gender but that wasn't Gods intention for man and if people start developing relationships (love relationships)with the same gender and that's not what God intended or wanted, then basically you'll be going against what God has said...that's my opinion...
'THE BIBLE IS AN ANVIL THAT HAS WORN OUT MANY HAMMERS'...EARLY REFORMER OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH...*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mercylove, Going4God

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 9 months ago #36061

• SamanthaS.
  • Thank you received: 92
The feelings of homosexuality are ingrained, like when a guy looks at a girl and suddenly finds himself infatuated, another guy might have those feelings when looking at a guy. or girl and girl. I don't see anything wrong with liking someone(sounds strange, i know) but it's the action of spending time in the bed together thats spoken against in the Bible. Many people don't understand how to control their feelings and don't realize that they can overcome temptation, so they just give in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shortie, piggl3t, Quirky, Big al

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 9 months ago #36103

• LiveForGod
  • Thank you received: 7
I think it is much the same as having a tendency to drink, or being a kleptomaniac- just because you want to do something, and you were born with that doesn't make it right. It is still a sin, just like the Bible says. God will help EVERYONE with their particular sin, no matter what it is. It won't always be easy, but He will help you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: That Girl in the Corner, jellybabies4Christ

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 9 months ago #36149

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2979
well think about it. why would God allow someone to be born 'gay' and then have a scripture in the bible that rebukes that lifestyle? Homosexuality is definitely a conscious choice. Here are a couple verses about that topic:

Romans 1:26, 27
Leviticus 18:22
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by rfishell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myles80, Prince_of_God, That Girl in the Corner, Prov17

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 9 months ago #36162

• rfishell
  • Thank you received: 393
For your consideration, God allows many things to happen that are forbidden in the Bible. Murder is just one example. This is because sin complicates our lives in many different ways. A cancer victim does not make a conscious choice to get cancer (in most cases). He or she may have been living in an apartment directly above a smoker and had nothing to do with "choosing" to get cancer.

Do you see any possible parallels with the topic under discussion in this thread?

Having said that, it seems important for each of us to follow the Bible's commands and counsel regarding how to respond to whatever condition we might find as part of our lives.

One article said, "Heterosexuals ["straight" people] are unlikely to recall a point in their life when they made a conscious choice to be attracted to people of the other gender. This is equally true for gay and lesbian [homosexual] people. They also do not make a conscious choice to be attracted to those of the same gender. Yet once they become aware of their love
and attachment orientation, gays and lesbians do—and must—make choices."

So it seems to me that we all need to make some choices. Those of us who are "straight" need to make a choice whether or not we will extend God's love to all of our fellow human beings. And Christians who find themselves attracted to people of the same sex need to make a choice about how the Bible's teachings will direct their lives.
Editor, Guide and Real magazines
The following user(s) said Thank You: angel1, Shortie, oceanlover11, piggl3t, Quirky, mylhu1011, Delightful, Micks22, Big al, Angel of God and this user have 3 others thankyou

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 8 months ago #36265

• SdaLegacy
rfishell wrote:
For your consideration, God allows many things to happen that are forbidden in the Bible. Murder is just one example. This is because sin complicates our lives in many different ways. A cancer victim does not make a conscious choice to get cancer (in most cases). He or she may have been living in an apartment directly above a smoker and had nothing to do with "choosing" to get cancer.

Do you see any possible parallels with the topic under discussion in this thread?

Having said that, it seems important for each of us to follow the Bible's commands and counsel regarding how to respond to whatever condition we might find as part of our lives.

One article said, "Heterosexuals ["straight" people] are unlikely to recall a point in their life when they made a conscious choice to be attracted to people of the other gender. This is equally true for gay and lesbian [homosexual] people. They also do not make a conscious choice to be attracted to those of the same gender. Yet once they become aware of their love
and attachment orientation, gays and lesbians do—and must—make choices."

So it seems to me that we all need to make some choices. Those of us who are "straight" need to make a choice whether or not we will extend God's love to all of our fellow human beings. And Christians who find themselves attracted to people of the same sex need to make a choice about how the Bible's teachings will direct their lives.
this is a dangerous and unblical thinkng. God told us homosexuals are not going to heaven. They are not born with that and they have to make a consiou choice to be or not be gay. respect you Randy Fishell, but this thinking strays from God's word. Murder is no a good example because no one is born waning to murder someone, they are slowly conditioned into hating that persons gut.I agree we should show the love of Christ to everyone, regardless of sexual orintation, but sharing the love of Christ also involves telling them what is evil and not supporting them in being gay, but uplifiting them in every good thing theydo, showing hem the love of Crist so hat they or themselves my see, their actoins are wrong.

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 8 months ago #36290

• danny321
  • i love to read and crochet
  • Thank you received: 76
think of it this way god made adam and eve not adam and steve. sooooo that's my opinion
:) Danielle Out ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: That Girl in the Corner, SdaLegacy, Mercylove, PilotGamer1933, *bjc4christ*, Going4God, jellybabies4Christ

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 8 months ago #36396

• rfishell
  • Thank you received: 393
Thank you for your heartfelt response, SDAlegacy. We do indeed have differing opinions regarding whether or not (in the majority of instances) a person chooses to be a homosexual. I have friends who have same-sex attractions, and I have listened at length firsthand to the pain and struggle of one in particular who had to come to terms with his sexual orientation. Trust me, there was no "choice" involved. No, I do not believe God planned for this to happen, but living in an imperfect world brings many challenges indeed. Does that mean a homosexual should indulge their same-sex attraction? I do not find that in the Bible.

I am glad we agree that love for all is so very important.
Editor, Guide and Real magazines
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by rfishell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shortie, oceanlover11, piggl3t, tim33, Quirky, Delightful, Big al

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 8 months ago #36398

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2979
i don't know WHAT to think anymore.... :dry:

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 8 months ago #36403

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
I agree with Randy Fishell- SDAlegacy- in response to your argument that since God created us we can't be created 'gay' what about all the kids born with physical or mental disabilities- did God create them that way- or has sin corrupted our world. I would argue that yes- in a perfect world there wouldn't be anyone born 'gay' but we don't live in a perfect world.

In response to LiveForGod, the main difference with someone who has a natural tendency to become an alcoholic and 'gay' people is that the person with a 'natural tendency' or is more high at risk isn't addicted from birth. It's a conscious choice to drink, knowing the risk. If they never drink they'll never battle with an urge to drink. 'Gay' people don't have that conscious choice- They will struggle with those feelings for the rest of their life regardless of what they do as a result of those feelings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oceanlover11, piggl3t, *bjc4christ*, Going4God

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 8 months ago #36418

Do u think it's ok to think being gay is ok, and u are getting baptized???

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 8 months ago #36495

• Delightful
  • Thank you received: 120
Thanks, Mr. Randy Fishell, for your input. I am just a little bit older than the average Guide-aged Junior, so I've seen this discussion quite a few times.

Last summer, I had the privilege to go to my confernce's Camp Meeting. In the Youth class (age 13 to 17), we had a certain set time every day when we could write down a question anonymously, put it in a hat, and the 4 Youth Pastors would sit down on stage in front of all of us, read the question, and answer it.

A few times, homosexuality and the eternal fate of gays came up a few times. I would just like us all to remember that God would have us show love and mercy to everyone, no matter what their sin is. Jesus did hang out with social outcasts and "sinners", after all.

One of the pastors, a new grandfather (he's not that old, though. Maybe 45), told us a personal story about his new granddaughter. She was born premature, so she had to stay months in the hospital in our city. Every day, I guess, whenever he could, he went to visit her. I don't know if I'm mixing this up with anything he said, but I think somewhere along there, a nurse new parent asked him what he did for a living.

"I'm a pastor," he replied "for the Seventh-day Adventist Church. I'm here to see my granddaughter."
"Really," the person replied. "Which one is she?"
Possibly, he pointed her out.
"Can I ask you a question?"
"Sure," our youth pastor replies, knowing that the question will preobably be a good whitnessing experience. He quietly sent up a quick prayer, asking for the Mind of Christ and wisdom to answer as Jesus would.

The other person (nurse/parent) pointed out a baby not too far away.
"That baby," they explained, "was born differently. They were born with both male and female characteristics. The parents are going to have to choose wether they would rather have a daughter or a son. If the baby ends up homosexual, do you think it's the baby's fault?"

Our pastor took a moment to pause in his story. He then told us that we live in a sinful world. Just like no baby chooses to be born prematurely, no baby decides to be born both male and female. It isn't natural, and it isn't their fault.
I'm sorry if that's a bit too inappropriate to be talking about this, and moderators, feel free to censor out anything. I appologise. I don't want to scare anyone, or anything.

But he said that child, if they grow up a Christian or somehow join the church, is going to have to make a decision: either to live according to God's will and the lifestyle He intended them to have, or to remain unmarried, knowing that marrieage might be complicated, given their circumstance.

Guys, the truth is, we do live in a very bad world. Things like this do happen. But when these people come to church, we should still embrace them and love them as Jesus would.
There is a man in my church, I don't know his backstory, but he wears navy nailpolish and eye make up (just a little). Should we kick him out, telling him he's being sinful, or show him that he's accepted here in the Name of Jesus?
I'm not saying we agree with his way of life. The fact that he comes faithfully to church means he's taking a step in the right direction.
All we can do is pray for these people and ask God to help us show love to everyone.
Psalm 73:28 ♡
Christ is Enough for Me
Colossians 3:15-17✝
The following user(s) said Thank You: oceanlover11, piggl3t, tim33, Quirky, Big al

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 8 months ago #36496

• Delightful
  • Thank you received: 120
Speaking of showing Jesus's love, YouTube the song, "Show Jesus- Jamie Grace". Its about this Christian who show's God's love to everyone and inspires others. Maybe you would like to listen to it on Sabbath, but maybe not. I personally think it's okay, but maybe just ask your parents and listen to it with them first.
Psalm 73:28 ♡
Christ is Enough for Me
Colossians 3:15-17✝
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big al

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 8 months ago #36502

• jon01
  • Thank you received: 42
I think, because of sin, people are born with a tendency toward homosexuality, but we have a choice of whether or not we will act on those choices. just like for straight people having sex without marriage is a sin, but they have a choice whether or not to give in to those feelings. gays have to make a choice of whether or not to follow their urges, I don't think homosexuality itself is a sin, the acting on it is where the sin lies.

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 8 months ago #36551

• SdaLegacy
tim33 wrote:
I agree with Randy Fishell- SDAlegacy- in response to your argument that since God created us we can't be created 'gay' what about all the kids born with physical or mental disabilities- did God create them that way- or has sin corrupted our world. I would argue that yes- in a perfect world there wouldn't be anyone born 'gay' but we don't live in a perfect world.

In response to LiveForGod, the main difference with someone who has a natural tendency to become an alcoholic and 'gay' people is that the person with a 'natural tendency' or is more high at risk isn't addicted from birth. It's a conscious choice to drink, knowing the risk. If they never drink they'll never battle with an urge to drink. 'Gay' people don't have that conscious choice- They will struggle with those feelings for the rest of their life regardless of what they do as a result of those feelings.
no but you are comparing a chosen state of mind to a sickness. If someone chooses to belive that they are a chicken will you say that fromvbirth they had a mental illness? No they were born normal and chose to believe they were chickens. same with gay people, born normal conditioned and chose to belive that they love the same sex.

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 8 months ago #36552

• SdaLegacy
also how could a loving god create someone disobeying his own laws. A mental illness does not disobey god's laws. but God explicitly states that gays are going to burn on earth. So why would he create someone with a mentaltiy. Giving them a bad start, that sound like loving god to you?

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 8 months ago #36604

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1215
The devil has been corrupting the gene pool since Adam and Eve's fall (Genesis 6:4). Do not blame God for the "bad start". It was Satan that corrupted the mind, not God. People seem to forget that Satan is the cause of everything bad, not God. After 6,000 years of sin, we have to accept that nothing on Earth is perfect.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: stone, Quirky, Going4God

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 8 months ago #36860

• tim33
To InspiredThinker- The Bible doesn't say that gay people will 'burn on the earth' -It says that sleeping with the same sex is a sin- there's a very big difference there. My point is that being 'gay' isn't a 'chosen state of mind' to be completely honest- I don't feel worthy to judge 'gay' people. I'm nowhere near perfect, and I'm not God.

It's not for me to say who will and won't make it to heaven, I need God's grace just as much as anyone else. Gay or otherwise- it really doesn't matter. I understand that having sex with someone else of your gender is wrong- but so is lying, murdering or having sex before marriage- does that mean that anyone that does those things are lost too?

I'm happy to let God do the judging, and for me to try and show His mercy and compassion to everyone, without judging- As far as I can see it- that's my job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oceanlover11, piggl3t, Quirky, Going4God

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 8 months ago #36861

• tim33
Sorry, To SDAlegacy as well...
The following user(s) said Thank You: SdaLegacy

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 7 months ago #37589

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
tim33 wrote:
To InspiredThinker- The Bible doesn't say that gay people will 'burn on the earth' -It says that sleeping with the same sex is a sin- there's a very big difference there. My point is that being 'gay' isn't a 'chosen state of mind' to be completely honest- I don't feel worthy to judge 'gay' people. I'm nowhere near perfect, and I'm not God.

It's not for me to say who will and won't make it to heaven, I need God's grace just as much as anyone else. Gay or otherwise- it really doesn't matter. I understand that having sex with someone else of your gender is wrong- but so is lying, murdering or having sex before marriage- does that mean that anyone that does those things are lost too?

I'm happy to let God do the judging, and for me to try and show His mercy and compassion to everyone, without judging- As far as I can see it- that's my job.

I didn't say gays would burn. Jesus died for them too, and it's hinted at that God winks at ignorance. I simply stated that the human gene pool is corrupted. And like you said, everyone is a biblical expert on homosexuality until the discussion turns to divorce, tattoos, food, and the Ten Commandments.

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 7 months ago #37695

• SdaLegacy
InspiredThinker wrote:
tim33 wrote:

I didn't say gays would burn. Jesus died for them too, and it's hinted at that God winks at ignorance. I simply stated that the human gene pool is corrupted. And like you said, everyone is a biblical expert on homosexuality until the discussion turns to divorce, tattoos, food, and the Ten Commandments.
Uhh yes the bible does say gay people will not enter heaven. 91 CORINTHIANS 6:9)

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 7 months ago #37757

• tim33
Sorry InspiredThinker- just went back and read your post and I agree with you- it was SDAlegacy I was disagreeing with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker

Re: Homosexuality 3 years 6 months ago #38200

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
SdaLegacy wrote:
also how could a loving god create someone disobeying his own laws. A mental illness does not disobey god's laws. but God explicitly states that gays are going to burn on earth. So why would he create someone with a mentaltiy. Giving them a bad start, that sound like loving god to you?

Cite one reference in the Bible where God says gays will burn. You seem like a smart kid, so I'm pretty sure you know there isn't one.

Leviticus 18:22 clearly states however, that the sin is sleeping with another person of the same gender, not being physically attracted.

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim33

Homosexuality 3 years 6 months ago #38244

• Big al
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Thank you received: 225
I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but how do exsplian to a school friend that you think homosexuality is a sin without sounding rude or getting in trouble with a teach/priseple
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds