Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Christian Bakers on Hot Seat

Christian Bakers on Hot Seat 4 years 3 months ago #31087

• rfishell
  • Thank you received: 393
What do you think about this?

PORTLAND, Ore. – A same-sex couple in Oregon who tried to buy a cake for their wedding in January has filed a discrimination complaint against a bakery that turned them down on religious grounds.

The Oregonian reported on Wednesday that the state Bureau of Labor and Industries will investigate whether the business violated a 2007 state law that protects the rights of gays, lesbians, bisexual and transgender people in employment, housing and public accommodations.

The couple who operate Sweet Cakes by Melissa cited their Christian faith and right to religious freedom.

The state labor bureau says it's the 10th complaint in five years of discrimination in a public place based on sexual orientation or gender identity.

The 2007 law provides an exemption for religious organizations and parochial schools but does not allow private business owners to discriminate based on sexual orientation.

___

Information from: The Oregonian, www.oregonlive.com
Editor, Guide and Real magazines
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Christian Bakers on Hot Seat 4 years 3 months ago #31091

• arabianhorse5
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Thank you received: 56
I think "Sweet Cakes" did the right thing. The 2007 law in my opinion is unconstitutional and needs to be abolished. "Sweet Cakes" has the right to refuse service to anyone. If this is the same incident I'm thinking about the same-sex couple went into Sweet Cakes LOOKING for trouble as they new the owners where religious and did not agree with homosexual "marriage".

Remember gays in the 1800's where often executed if they where caught having gay relation ships or at the least they where humiliated by being marched around town in pink uniforms. Of course I don't think gays should be executed or humiliated but I also don't think being gay should be a legal form of marriage in the US and I certainly don't think homosexual's should be married in a church. Arabianhorse5 sighing off-Molon labe
Live to ride another day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cynthia200, mknz12, purple_A, missionarykid

Re: Christian Bakers on Hot Seat 4 years 3 months ago #31124

• cynthia200
  • Thank you received: 271
I think That the owners of Sweet Cakes have absolutely every right to turn them down. It's their bakery, their cakes, and If the owners feel like selling a Cake to a Same-sex couple is in some way supporting same-sex marriage or dishonouring God, then They have every right to decline from selling it to them, IMO. I don't Despise GLBT's, but I God does call that kind of behaviour an Abomination, and I Wouldn't sell a wedding cake to a same-sex couple because I think that the action is contradicting God's Word.
~Cynthia~ :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: arabianhorse5
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds