Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Atheist Rally in Washington D.C.!!! What has the world come to?!?

Atheist Rally in Washington D.C.!!! What has the world come to?!? 5 years 7 months ago #298

• Daze
  • In posts I am a Supercentenarian
  • Thank you received: 302
On March 24th the largest gathering of Atheists was held in Washington D.C. for the Reason Rally and was billed the "largest gathering of the secular movement in world history". Although the rally was for Atheists some Christians protesters appeared on the scene, how do you take a stand on the issue of Atheism vs. Religion? In the video (link is at end of the post) interviewers asked the Atheist ralliers why they didn't just going around killing people since they have no moral and people responded that it wasn't right or that we have ethics! But how can they have any moral standards when they believe that only through the cruel death of the weakest species (or survival of the fittest) that mankind could come about through evolution? If we all are just animals trying to survive on a cruel planet then what does it matter what we say or do? but we as Christians have the love of Jesus in our hearts so the devil can't plant such seeds of folly in our minds, and with such knowledge comes a responsibility to spread the message of Christ to : everyone, everywhere, in every way possible :cheer: . Atheist may be preaching a message of death, evolution, but we as Christians preach a message of life; Jesus Christ. Mankind for thousands of years have debated on and studied moral philosophy when all the moral values mankids needs to live by is in the bible :) . How can we use the tools and resources on guide magazine website to witness to others?

link to video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAd72Gkfd4k&feature=g-logo&context=G2098008FOAAAAAAAAAA
The law of God, enshrined within the ark, was the great rule of righteousness and judgment. That law pronounced death upon the transgressor; but above the law was the mercy seat, upon which the presence of God was revealed, and from which, by virtue of the atonement, pardon was granted to the...
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by rfishell.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ManOfWar4God, BerryGirl13, DaughterOfGod13, ThunderTsunami, trio3

Re: Atheist Rally!!! 5 years 7 months ago #546

• Daze
thanks for the response Rich! I am honored to have your opinion on my post! :side:
The law of God, enshrined within the ark, was the great rule of righteousness and judgment. That law pronounced death upon the transgressor; but above the law was the mercy seat, upon which the presence of God was revealed, and from which, by virtue of the atonement, pardon was granted to the...
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by rfishell.

Re: Atheist Rally in Washington D.C.!!! What has the world come to?!? 5 years 7 months ago #567

Great comments Daze! You ask some tough questions. There's not going to be any "blanket" way of reaching all atheists, we're going to have to go one by one, befriend them, and hopefully lead them to Jesus. Don't forget REAL Magazine too, a great tool for your friends that don't know Jesus!

Re: Atheist Rally in Washington D.C.!!! What has the world come to?!? 5 years 7 months ago #688

• Daze
Kinda sad :( I was really ecspecting a much warmer response from the guide member community... oh well not alot of topics get responded to in this section anyways :S .

Re: Atheist Rally in Washington D.C.!!! What has the world come to?!? 5 years 6 months ago #3108

Love that black dude saying the blood of Jesus cleansed us from all sin as for the rest, its sad they hate Jesus so much! :(
~ ♥ Miles ♥ ~

Re: Atheist Rally in Washington D.C.!!! What has the world come to?!? 5 years 6 months ago #3160

• DaughterOfGod13
  • Hawaii :) :) :)
  • Thank you received: 844
Hey Daze! Wow, that is so sad, but thank you for telling us about this! We have a purpose for living! Asking a person who is an athiest if they are really happy, they could say yes, but you can tell that they are looking for something more.....that's why people do stuff like this
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!

Re: Atheist Rally in Washington D.C.!!! What has the world come to?!? 5 years 5 months ago #4284

• isabrooke
  • Nickname: Breezy
  • Thank you received: 46
WOW. just WOW. :( During the video I was just thinking, at the second coming there gonna get a suprise. :dry: Never knew there was people in OUR communities that hate and mock Jesus so much... Makes me want to stand up for Him even more. :cheer:
*´¨)

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Isabella
The following user(s) said Thank You: Godsadvicegiver12

Re: Atheist Rally in Washington D.C.!!! What has the world come to?!? 5 years 5 months ago #4331

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
Although athiesm is wrong, it is not a direct threat because there has always been a belief in God and always will be. We should try to lead athiest's to Christ individually. I think.

Re: Atheist Rally in Washington D.C.!!! What has the world come to?!? 4 years 5 months ago #29113

• mknz12
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 264
I listened to what each of those people said, and I gathered from the atheists that they felt we Christians are forcing our religion on them. This is a really big issue. As Christians, we need to be careful in our method of spreading the word of God. People have left churches because of this problem. We need to remember to introduce Christ to them with love. And even if we can't speak directly to them, remember, actions speak louder than words, and it's easier to say something than do it. So let's keep spreading the news of Jesus' soon return! :)
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds