Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Death Penalty

Yes 7 29.2%
No 17 70.8%
Total number of voters: 24 ( missionarykid, Prov17, tasha1507, danny321, mounty5 ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Death Penalty Yes or No?

Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 5 months ago #28345

• aniztem
  • Thank you received: 17
What do you guys think about the death penalty? I have mixed feelings. One one hand, a human being should not deicide if another human being can live. But on the other hand, I sure don't want the government to spend my tax payers money, for a criminal to spend the rest of his life taking it easy and being fed and not having to do anything in jail.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 5 months ago #28370

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
I voted yes, but I'm actually undecided. I'll post more later.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 5 months ago #28401

well from a financial point of view life is better because belive it or not It costs more to kill a criminal than to keep them in prison forever so life is better
from a humane point of view well life obviously
from a spiritual point of view that person may come to Christ
from a security stand point what if the guy escapes?
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 5 months ago #28404

oh and criminals do do some work in jail
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 5 months ago #28411

I don't believe in the death penalty. I think spending life in prison isn't a cake walk so it should be sufficient punishment. Also, the death penalty costs a lot of tax payers money anyway. Some people who receive the death penalty are innocent so the could get free one day if the death penalty is gone.
Listen to your heart & God.

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 5 months ago #28581

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1214
notturningaside wrote:
oh and criminals do do some work in jail

They do, and get 5 cents an hour. Practically slave labor. The death penalty is in the bible, however. Whenever someone broke one of the ten commandments, they would be put to death by stoning.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 5 months ago #28837

• Big al
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Thank you received: 225
Absolutely not!!!!!!!! I do not think that anybody should be killing anybody no matter how bad the crime.
I mean Jesus asked for forgiveness for the men who killed him so Death penalty absolutely not.
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It
The following user(s) said Thank You: mounty5

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 5 months ago #28867

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2978
i dont really like the death penalty because it just seems so...i dont know, just not right. we (as if the people of this nation) are pretty much returning evil for evil, an eye for an eye, something that Jesus taught us not to do. just think of all the lost souls that could have come to Christ had they not gone through the death penalty. :(

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 5 months ago #28891

• islandqueen129
  • I'm the same person as islandqueen101
  • Thank you received: 105
I am very undecided..... :dry:
When all is said and done, more is said than done!

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 5 months ago #28897

• Roadracer10
  • Gotta Blurryface
  • Thank you received: 8
Well I think that jails shoudn't give death penalties. I watchede a documentry on North Korea. They ,ade little kids watched other kids die. Even though some escaped some died and some were taken back to court and to prison camp. They sometimes kill the people they catch. The people who die are left on the ground. I coudn't watch anymore.

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 5 months ago #28916

• Wise kid
  • Thank you received: 15
I ABSOLUTELY DISAGREE about death penalties because it's only God who should judge us. If we judge others, we will be judged.

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 4 months ago #30120

• arabianhorse5
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Thank you received: 56
I do believe in capitol punishment. For a few reasons:

1. to make a example of for other "would be" criminals so they can see the consequences of what will happen to them if they murder someone.

2. Agree with notturningaside that. What if the murderer escapes and then goes out and mass murders people?

3. I believe once you take the life of another innocent person you lose your own right to life.

4. Yes a lot of people on death row have come to Christ and repented for their crime and God has forgiven them, BUT they still have to face the consequences of there crime.

And yes, the death penalty IS in the bible given to us by God himself. Here's one verse and I could find you MANY others. Genesis 9:6: "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."
Live to ride another day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 4 months ago #30124

@Arabian horse I preety much agree with you but still do not like the death peanalty because it is cheaper to keep a person on jail all their lives than kill the criminal because they want to avoid suits so much that they spend more in killing a person than keeping them in jail

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 4 months ago #30132

• arabianhorse5
notturningaside wrote:
@Arabian horse I preety much agree with you but still do not like the death peanalty because it is cheaper to keep a person on jail all their lives than kill the criminal because they want to avoid suits so much that they spend more in killing a person than keeping them in jail

Yeah, I'm going by a moral point of view. Not a financial one. Molon labe-Chris

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 4 months ago #30143

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
I know that a few of you have said the death penalty is in the Bible- that's true it is. But think back to when the adulterous women was dragged before Jesus. According to Moses Law she should have been stoned. Jesus protected her- he forgave her. The consequences of her actions remained- she would have been ashamed and no doubt people shunned her.

Maybe it's time to show a little grace, especially to one-time offenders.

I'm not saying the death penalty should never be used- but I am saying there are times where it shouldn't be used- It's not a case of black and white.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big al

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 4 months ago #30176

• arabianhorse5
tim33 wrote:
I know that a few of you have said the death penalty is in the Bible- that's true it is. But think back to when the adulterous women was dragged before Jesus. According to Moses Law she should have been stoned. Jesus protected her- he forgave her. The consequences of her actions remained- she would have been ashamed and no doubt people shunned her.

Maybe it's time to show a little grace, especially to one-time offenders.

I'm not saying the death penalty should never be used- but I am saying there are times where it shouldn't be used- It's not a case of black and white.

Finally agree with you on something. One time offenders need to be given some latitude and officials need to make sure prison isn't a nice to be for first timers. But if they come back they need to have the book throw at them. And second time murders need to get life in prison if not capital punishment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim33

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 1 month ago #32819

• Roadracer10
  • Gotta Blurryface
  • Thank you received: 8
arabianhorse5 wrote:

1. to make a example of for other "would be" criminals so they can see the consequences of what will happen to them if they murder someone.

2. Agree with notturningaside that. What if the murderer escapes and then goes out and mass murders people?

3. I believe once you take the life of another innocent person you lose your own right to life.

4. Yes a lot of people on death row have come to Christ and repented for their crime and God has forgiven them, BUT they still have to face the consequences of there crime.

And yes, the death penalty IS in the bible given to us by God himself. Here's one verse and I could find you MANY others. Genesis 9:6: "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."

Yes but the people are killing not God. It doen't make sense. :( To you it might but to me it doen't.

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 1 month ago #32853

• arabianhorse5
Roadracer10 wrote:
arabianhorse5 wrote:

Yes but the people are killing not God. It doen't make sense. :( To you it might but to me it doen't.

You missed where the bible verse says "by MAN shall his blood be shed".

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 5 days ago #33490

• Japiou
It is not for a human to decide that another human dies. That right belongs only to him ho holds the keys to death and Hades.

Re: Death Penalty Yes or No? 4 years 5 days ago #33491

• Japiou
also according to the bible everyone deserves death so how does one who deserves death themselves go and lill another who deserves it? Maybe cutting off a the hand that sinned like they do in Saudi Arabia would be a better demonstration to would be criminals.
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds