Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Annias and Samantha

Annias and Samantha 4 years 7 months ago #23847

• SamanthaS.
  • Thank you received: 92
This is a long story, so let's start at the beginning...
My school is old. Very old. The last time a section was added on to it was in the 70s, and the main building itself was built in 1957. There's dangerous mold in the girl's bathroom in the elementary hall, there's asbestos in too many places to count, and half of the bathroom stall doors don't close. did I mention that the water fountains in the gym and the middle/high school hall are shorter than a leprechaun with stunted growth? We don't have a science lab, so we can't have any grades above grade 10. It's just all around old.
In a few years, a new school will be built, complete with showers and bathroom stalls that close. There will be larger classrooms, a beautiful courtyard, and so much we don't have. The designer, who isn't a Christian, suggested we make the covered walkway in front themed the days of creation, since there are six covered square areas and then a small tower. That was really cool.
Anyways, we have to raise 4.7 million dollars to fund that building project. Already half of that has been committed (not raised) by only 40% of the tithing church members. If the other 60% committed money, we'd be there by 2014.
In Virginia, my family owns 18 acres of untamed wilderness. We have an old rundown trailer there that has enough mildew to insulate it in the winter. There is ragweed as abundant as dirt. The half mile trail to get there is hard to walk up and even harder to drive. At night we can hear the coyotes howling. I love it there. It's one of my favorite places on earth. (other than Belize... that's a different story) My parents said that the tax value was over $50,000. It could grab about 100,000 big ones.
My family is not rich by any standards. All our appliances are 15+ years old except the dishwasher, which we had to replace a month or two ago. Now our clothes dryer and washer aren't working, so we need to cough up a couple thousand bucks to by new ones. We'll be able to buy them no prob. Sometimes at night, as I'm sitting in my room, my dad says we're struggling. I go to a private school. I have a piano lesson every week. We have ice cream with every meal. (almost) You would not be able to tell that we're 'struggling'. It scares me.
Back to that 100 grand. My parents had pledged that to the new school. But what about us? I was thinking. I asked my mom if we could keep that money. We could pay off our house. We could go on a vacation to Belize. Why, we could tour Peru, Chile, Argentina, and anywhere else we wanted to go traveling first class. (not that much better, I've seen)
My mom said that we had already promised that money to the school. I went into my room to worry, then it struck me like a wrecking ball that has been sitting in front of my face for days. What happened to Annias and Sapphira when THEY didn't follow through with THEIR promise to their church? They died. It was practically the same story copy-pasted with church edited to TCA and Annias and Sapphira edited to moi.
My mistake. :P
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2, InspiredThinker, Wintergirl, DaughterOfGod13, Quirky, Livinglegend

Re: Annias and Samantha 4 years 7 months ago #23862

• Wintergirl
  • Uh.. Wanna listen to music with me? :)
  • Thank you received: 177
You're a great writer :P
NeverLetDown~A.W.K.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SamanthaS.

Re: Annias and Samantha 4 years 7 months ago #23883

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2975
cool story ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SamanthaS.

Re: Annias and Samantha 4 years 7 months ago #24390

• SamanthaS.
You guys are so nice!!!!! check me out on wattpad! I'm writing a story about David called Run! My username is ivolunteer!!!!!

Re: Annias and Samantha 4 years 7 months ago #24716

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2975
whats a wattpad?

Re: Annias and Samantha 4 years 6 months ago #25951

ahahahahaha i love your writing style! :P mine is similar to that, with the humorous, cynical, yet touching sort of style (lol isnt funny that i can describe my writing style? :P ) and i love how u added a moral. u should send it into Guide to see if they'll out it in their magazine, since it's a true story with a moral. i know they already had a "continued" story that was similar to yours, but hey it's worth a try! ;) B)
"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."--1 Timothy 4:12

Re: Annias and Samantha 4 years 6 months ago #27410

• SamanthaS.
Wattpad is a website where amateur writers can publish their works online, get feedback, and read other people's writing. It's really cool.

Re: Annias and Samantha 4 years 5 months ago #28495

• SamanthaS.
SalvationLuv12 wrote:
ahahahahaha i love your writing style! :P mine is similar to that, with the humorous, cynical, yet touching sort of style (lol isnt funny that i can describe my writing style? :P ) and i love how u added a moral. u should send it into Guide to see if they'll out it in their magazine, since it's a true story with a moral. i know they already had a "continued" story that was similar to yours, but hey it's worth a try! ;) B)
I'm actually doing that right now! I'm working on a draft as a continued story. I'll probably submit it in a couple weeks.

Re: Annias and Samantha 3 years 9 months ago #35555

• SamanthaS.
HEYGUYS GUESS WHAT!!! MY SCHOOL IS STUPID LIKE WE HAVENT RAISED OVER $100000 SINCE THE FIRST WEEK WHO IS READY FOR MPA NEXT YEAR WOOO
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds