Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: colorado house passes gun control measures

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29116

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
Okay man, most of your whole argument is based on opinion. As a gun owner I personally find it offensive. You are depicting us gun owners as paranoid, anti social, freaks. Please go do some more research.

As to if Christians should own guns. I say yes, but that is MY OPINION. You obviously say no but that is YOUR OPINION.

Thanks-Chris
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29117

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
Glad someones finally agreeing with me :)
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29136

  • tim33
  • tim33's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Posts: 667
  • Thank you received: 782
godfearingmarine , I Live in a country with gun control laws- I should know what they do. We've had one mass murder in 20 years and that was before we introduced tough gun laws- a pretty good comparison compared to the USA. My question is this:

How many innocent people, children included, will you watch die, while quoting the second amendment?

ArabianHorse5, I believe that there are reasons to own a gun, like if you are a farmer- but I don't see the point of letting every citizen own a gun without reason- let alone automatic weapons.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29140

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
"Okay man, most of your whole argument is based on opinion. As a gun owner I personally find it offensive. You are depicting us gun owners as paranoid, anti social, freaks. Please go do some more research.

As to if Christians should own guns. I say yes, but that is MY OPINION. You obviously say no but that is YOUR OPINION.

Thanks-Chris"


Not sure with guide mods didn't say who I was talking too. But this was @tim33
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29141

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
"Glad someones finally agreeing with me "

Same with this post. This post was @thejaguar
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29148

@ godfearingmarine I am not saying to ban guns just to put restrictions and perhaps to ban assault rifle because well get real why does any one need one?
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29150

@ Arabian horse what I meant by bringing up the revolution was that the Americans employed guerrilla warfare, the British didn't but if the British had used guerrilla war fare the war would not have been won by the Americans.
second a forest can not stop an army will just plow the forest over if necessary.
third the Aurora shooter used smoke bombs and most civilians don't carry equipment to operate in a smoky environment.
fourth if you live in the boonies of course it is going to take the cops some time to get there even in a city you have to account for traffic and other slow downs.
fifth of course cops usually arrive after the crime is committed most crimes take only a matter of a few minutes and it is not like they have an eye in the sky that sees every crime the moment it is committed.
sixth timm 33 is not trying to depict you as you accused he is just stating a point and you drew a conclusion too quickly it is the same thing as me gleaning from your posts that us folks who support gun control are idiots who want to kill freedoms and are against the American people and the world of course I don't think you meant that but I could glean that from your posts if I wanted to.
ps. I am going to be gone for the next week so I will reply to your posts when I get back
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by notturningaside.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29202

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
notturningaside wrote:
@ Arabian horse what I meant by bringing up the revolution was that the Americans employed guerrilla warfare, the British didn't but if the British had used guerrilla war fare the war would not have been won by the Americans.
second a forest can not stop an army will just plow the forest over if necessary.
third the Aurora shooter used smoke bombs and most civilians don't carry equipment to operate in a smoky environment.
fourth if you live in the boonies of course it is going to take the cops some time to get there even in a city you have to account for traffic and other slow downs.
fifth of course cops usually arrive after the crime is committed most crimes take only a matter of a few minutes and it is not like they have an eye in the sky that sees every crime the moment it is committed.
sixth timm 33 is not trying to depict you as you accused he is just stating a point and you drew a conclusion too quickly it is the same thing as me gleaning from your posts that us folks who support gun control are idiots who want to kill freedoms and are against the American people and the world of course I don't think you meant that but I could glean that from your posts if I wanted to.
ps. I am going to be gone for the next week so I will reply to your posts when I get back

Not going to argue with you anymore about tactics but getting back into the subject on gun control. All I have to say is PLEASE read this article before replying www.naturalnews.com/039752_mass_shooting...antidepressants.html

Also a few facts. Sweden citizens open carry military automatic rifles. Lowest crime in the world. Mexico, total gun ban for citizens. 27,199 people killed in 2011. And only the bad guys have the guns.

And now a quote from the horses mouth. Adolf Hitler-1933"To conquer a nation first disarm it citizens"

Thanks!-Chris

PS. I got on tim33 like I did because the guy is from Australia and I feel he has no business with our American constitution and second amendment. I am only going to debate other Americans who live in this God given country.

And no, I don't believe you guys wanting gun control or a so called "assault weapons" ban are idiots. Hard to believe but a couple years ago I was for a assault weapon ban or at least more restrictions. Until I did some un-biased research of whats going on in our government and watching history repeat itself is rather scary. I, just like you am very passionate about the subject and don't want to see a democide happen in this country.
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29203

notturningaside wrote:
@ godfearingmarine I am not saying to ban guns just to put restrictions and perhaps to ban assault rifle because well get real why does any one need one?

Why do I need one? Because this is 'Murica! LOL. Actually assault rifles would be my first weapon I'd grab for self defense. I also use it to make money by ridding the Texas farmers fields of pesky hogs that trample and destroy perfectly good pasture for cows/horse's. The farmers pay me and I have a helicopter pilot buddy that I split the money with. Ar-15's are the perfect rifle to use for teaching new shooters how to shoot, there also good for hunting, sporting competetion's, investments ECT. Plenty of reasons why every american should own one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29205

@notturningaside fifth of course cops usually arrive after the crime is committed most crimes take only a matter of a few minutes and it is not like they have an eye in the sky that sees every crime the moment it is committed.

That's why everyone should own a assault rifle :P
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29392

  • tim33
  • tim33's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Posts: 667
  • Thank you received: 782
Arabianhorse5, maybe I don't have any right to get involved. but it seems to me that Americans should compare their country to Australia- Australia has been rated the best country to work and live in the world for three consecutive years. Here's the link:

blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/05/28...best-places-to-live/

Maybe I shouldn't say anything about your second amendment, but coming from what's rated as the safest and happiest country in the world, maybe you'd do well to learn from us.

Incredibly, although you claim that arming citizens with automatic weapons would make America safe, We live in the safest country in the world, we are rated safer than the USA- and it is virtually impossible to get even a semi-automatic weapon.

Think smart- stats show that we have the safer country- that's a result of tough gun laws.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29816

@ Arabian horse
1. show me that from a more reliable news agency
2. mexico does not have a complete gun ban and remember over there there is a literal war going on trust me I know this I have friends and family there.
3. sweeden is very different from the us for example there are only 40 major cities and way less citizens than the us.
4. I repeat I am not saying disarm them just restrictions!!!!
5. @godfearing marine all those things you mentioned could be done with other weopons and if all americans had AR 15s the shooting in America would be even worse between a bad and good guy with an AR15 there would be way more blood shed
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29829

notturningaside wrote:
@ Arabian horse
1. show me that from a more reliable news agency
2. mexico does not have a complete gun ban and remember over there there is a literal war going on trust me I know this I have friends and family there.
3. sweeden is very different from the us for example there are only 40 major cities and way less citizens than the us.
4. I repeat I am not saying disarm them just restrictions!!!!
5. @godfearing marine all those things you mentioned could be done with other weopons and if all americans had AR 15s the shooting in America would be even worse between a bad and good guy with an AR15 there would be way more blood shed

"5. @godfearing marine all those things you mentioned could be done with other weopons and if all americans had AR 15s the shooting in America would be even worse between a bad and good guy with an AR15 there would be way more blood shed"

LOL that statement made me laugh. How many gun fights or hog hunts have you been in that not having 30 rounds in a semi auto ak or ar is to much gun? Ask ANY X military, active military, or even my brother if he was still alive that having less rounds and taking longer to reload than the enemy is good? Also if everybody was carrying assault rifles I doubt even the craziest wacko would attempt a mass shooting. Also did you read arabian's article on Psycotropic drugs? We need to go after the ROOT not the TOOL. Also we need to stop filling our prisons up with people with petty drug charges, legalize drugs, and fill our prisons with real criminals. :woohoo:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29830

tim33 wrote:
Arabianhorse5, maybe I don't have any right to get involved. but it seems to me that Americans should compare their country to Australia- Australia has been rated the best country to work and live in the world for three consecutive years. Here's the link:

blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/05/28...best-places-to-live/

Maybe I shouldn't say anything about your second amendment, but coming from what's rated as the safest and happiest country in the world, maybe you'd do well to learn from us.

Incredibly, although you claim that arming citizens with automatic weapons would make America safe, We live in the safest country in the world, we are rated safer than the USA- and it is virtually impossible to get even a semi-automatic weapon.

Think smart- stats show that we have the safer country- that's a result of tough gun laws.

I am not sure where you are getting your stats from? Sure your GUN murder is down but your overall VIOLENT crime has sky rocketed. I also can't find the link but a recent poll was taken in the UK and Australia and it showed something like more than 60% of UK and AU citizens want their guns back because the police can't protect them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29832

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
godfearingmarine wrote:
notturningaside wrote:
@ godfearingmarine I am not saying to ban guns just to put restrictions and perhaps to ban assault rifle because well get real why does any one need one?

Why do I need one? Because this is 'Murica! LOL. Actually assault rifles would be my first weapon I'd grab for self defense. I also use it to make money by ridding the Texas farmers fields of pesky hogs that trample and destroy perfectly good pasture for cows/horse's. The farmers pay me and I have a helicopter pilot buddy that I split the money with. Ar-15's are the perfect rifle to use for teaching new shooters how to shoot, there also good for hunting, sporting competetion's, investments ECT. Plenty of reasons why every american should own one.

AMEN BRO! Molon Labe-Chris
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29838

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
notturningaside wrote:
@ Arabian horse
1. show me that from a more reliable news agency
2. mexico does not have a complete gun ban and remember over there there is a literal war going on trust me I know this I have friends and family there.
3. sweeden is very different from the us for example there are only 40 major cities and way less citizens than the us.
4. I repeat I am not saying disarm them just restrictions!!!!
5. @godfearing marine all those things you mentioned could be done with other weopons and if all americans had AR 15s the shooting in America would be even worse between a bad and good guy with an AR15 there would be way more blood shed

More reliable??????? From where? CNN? FOX? Obama run LAMEstream media that has called gun owning, christian, people "terrorist" and "the new threat to America"(FACT). Rather one sided don't ya think?

Yes Mexico DOES have a total gun ban for citizens. I have a internet friend born, raised, in mexico who legally fled to the USA because his own words "you cannot own a gun in Mexico unless you own it illegally". Copy and pasted this:

If you are caught with firearms or ammunition in Mexico...

You will go to jail and your vehicle will be seized;
You will be separated from your family, friends, and your job, and likely suffer substantial financial hardship;
You will pay court costs and other fees ranging into the tens of thousands of dollars defending yourself;
You may get up to a 30-year sentence in a Mexican prison if found guilty.

Glad your not for a total gun ban, BUT the so called assault weapons ban IN America in 1994 and was removed in 2004 did nothing to stop Virginia Tech or Columbine. And crime sky rocketed. Also registration of firearms has ALWAYS 100% of the time led to confiscation.

Freedom is not always safe, but it's just that FREE. Just because someone else hack's with computers do I lose my rights to own a computer?
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29841

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
Just because a gun is black and looks scary doesn't make it a assault rifle. I own the same gun (Ruger 10/22) and I bought it looking like a old fashion plinking rifle but I have now customized to look like a EVIL ASSAULT RIFLE B) but it still functions EXACTLY the same as when I bought it. I only added cosmetic features. Also abortion kills more children than any gun does. Think on it.
Attachments:
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 4 months ago #29842

@tim33 "It's a matter of principle, Do you want to live in a society that is armed, always watching their own back and never trusting anyone? Stand up for gun laws- they save lives, even if they didn't work,... wouldn't you have wanted to stand up for the innocent people killed. Arming more people will only cause distrust, fear and ultimately more deaths from guns. "

That is the most invalid argument I have ever heard for gun control all based on your opinion. Here's a example. I live in a gun owning community. There is not someone within a 10 mile radius (about 35 houses total) that doesn't own a ar-15 ak-47 or at least a semi-auto pistol that holds 15 rounds in a magazine. NONE of us watch only our own back's. We all watch each others back's and the back's of a neighbor who may of just moved in. We are not distrust full of each other at all. We have had only 2 attempted break in's in our ten mile radius and not a shot was fired because just the display of a gun was enough to make the 2 criminals lie on the ground and surrender until the police arrived. I had to take a trip to Chicago once and since Chicago is not a very gun friendly state I left all my personal self defense weapons at home and let me tell you I though for sure I wasn't going to make it out of their alive when I couldn't find my car on a dark night in a parking lot and I heard foot steps following me. I feel very safe in my little community of gun owners. We American's aren't as trigger happy as the movies portray us. :pinch:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds