Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: colorado house passes gun control measures

colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 9 months ago #21660

well while the federal government pushes for gun control i am proud of my state because colorado passed limits on the size of gun magazines and it also passed universal background checks before people can buy guns :) B) :cheer: :woohoo:
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jesusROCKS1234

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 9 months ago #21702

  • godsgreat
  • godsgreat's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • GODSKID
  • Posts: 296
  • Thank you received: 120
thats good B) B)
I AM ..................AWESOME
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #27975

  • legoliker
  • legoliker's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 1
  • Thank you received: 2
NOT GOOD AT ALL! Do some research on gun control. Hitler, Stalin, Meo, and all the other tyrants all got gun control before they where able to kill all those people.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28406

uh so we are supposed to make it easy for wackos to get guns?????? where have you been the past 40 years mars? more murders are committed with a fire arm in the united states daily than with any other weapon!!!!! who are you NRA or something? and you have your facts wrong go and check again the gun control was only applicable to those in their respective nations whom they disliked! and it was only after their respective regimes had been in place for a time!!! so pleas go and check your sources okay
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jesusROCKS1234

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28473

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
notturningaside not sure where you are actually getting your statistics(see photo below taken from FBI stats). Guns are not the number 1 weapon used in crimes. Also more than 75% of gun crimes are committed in gun free zone's and on unarmed family's..

Think long and hard of what I am about to say.-- Criminals DON'T follow laws. Banning guns from law abiding citizen's ONLY give's the criminals and the Government guns. Criminals WON'T turn in there guns(unless their stupid).

"and you have your facts wrong go and check again the gun control was only applicable to those in their respective nations whom they disliked! and it was only after their respective regimes had been in place for a time!!! "

You have me very confused with that statement. Could you please explain that to me again? All I know is Government is responsible for killing over 260 MILLION innocent people IN THE 20TH CENTURY ALONE! So that's why I am very weary on any gun control.

PS. This is legoliker just had to change my account because my other one is all messed up. Thanks!-Chris
Attachments:
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28476

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
One more thing, I'm NOT with the NRA. And only way to stop a wacko with a gun is have good guys n gals with guns. Average respond time for a cop to arrive at a a crime scene is after the crime has been committed.-Chris
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28542

  • tim33
  • tim33's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Posts: 667
  • Thank you received: 782
In Australia, we have hardly any problems with guns, we have good un control laws- for instance, you cannot carry a gun with you in public- semi automatic guns are banned and pistols are virtually impossible to get. To get a gun licence you need to have a reason for owning the gun, have a background check done and get gun safety training. It works well- our gun laws were introduced after a mass murder about 10 years ago- we've never had another.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28626

first that stats chart also has deaths from drugs and disease not only weapons again check that the data is reliable but here is something I found from the US government so you know that they are true
www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fv9311.pdf
www.nij.gov/topics/crime/gun-violence/
www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf#page=27
www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf
www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-t...2011/tables/table-20
and these are very interesting stats
one of the GOVERNMENTAL sites says this- data collected by the FBI show that firearms were used in 68 percent of murders, 41 percent of robbery offenses and 21 percent of aggravated assaults nationwide.
that photo was one of those ones made to either make fun of something or something similar but it contains fallacies wile the ones I posted are from the government and are recent.
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28629

about the thing you were confused about I meant that forexample hitler did impose gun control.... on the Jews that is and only after his regime was in place
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28717

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
notturningaside wrote:
about the thing you were confused about I meant that forexample hitler did impose gun control.... on the Jews that is and only after his regime was in place

But that's not really a valid statement. The Jews in the WWII German Empire weren't allowed to marry Germans, use public transportation, buy a lot of things, and go to school. However, I personally believe that certain guns should be banned, such as AK-47's. No one really needs one.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28719

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
I have to admit, I'm a busy man and don't have time to read through all five articles from the links you posted. However just skimming through I noticed more gun crimes occured in the city's where guns have been banned or at least very hard to get. If gun control worked why isn't Chicago and DC the safest place to be? Remember roughly 2.5 MILLION american's are saved BECAUSE they had a gun for self defense.

"here is something I found from the US government so you know that they are true "

I beg to differ. I have a hard time trusting anything from a Government that lied and tried to cover up Fast and Furious and from a president that's on the verge of resigning or impeachment.

Anymore gun ban's or restrictions will not stop violence, it will only spark a long, bloody, costly civil war just like in 1861. If you haven't noticed already we are in a type of "cold war" between Washington and fellow freedom lovers.

As to Hitler and gun control. If Hitler had not been able to take guns from the Jews how many inoccent lives would have been spared?

Also the photo I posted if you look at the small writing at the bottom you will see the source it came from. G2run now CYA-Chris
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28811

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
No one really needs one? REALLY? If wackos and drug cartels have them I want to have one too. Police face the same crime we do yet where not supposed to have modern weapons to defend our self's? 15 law abiding citizens with Ak's beat 1-2-or even 3 wackos with Ak's. I've said it before and I'll say it again, guns will not magically disappear if banned. Only law abiding citizens will turn theirs in to avoid being a felon. Criminals on the other hand will not because they don't obey laws in the first place and taking modern rifles away from law abiding citizens only make their job easier. If you can't trust your neighbor with a Ak or Ar chances are you should buy one too :)

Sorry for being so expressive about gun control. But I'm just trying to wake up the Adventist church because almost everyone seems asleep on the subject and tend to side with the liberals. If you don't want to own a gun because you think God's not leading you that way I respect that opinion. But just because you don't want to own one doesn't mean I should lose my right to own any gun I chose.
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28830

guns will not magically disappear if banned and I am not saying to ban them just put some more restrictions on them and do you have proof for that 2.5 million? and hitler and gun control wat are a few jews with guns against an army that laid many nations flat and about fast and furious that was covered up by a few people not the whole government or even a whole agency and further more about the thing about DC and Chicago the gun control is only in that city and both have high traffic of people going through it every day and 15 law abiding citizens may take out 3 wackos but how many other innocents will they hit
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by wwilliams.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28831

ps that photo does not show where it comes from just that the info was taken from several agencies and furthermore that is a misleading graph or chart (check your math book for more info on misleading graphs/charts)
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28871

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
arabianhorse5 wrote:
No one really needs one? REALLY? If wackos and drug cartels have them I want to have one too. Police face the same crime we do yet where not supposed to have modern weapons to defend our self's? 15 law abiding citizens with Ak's beat 1-2-or even 3 wackos with Ak's. I've said it before and I'll say it again, guns will not magically disappear if banned. Only law abiding citizens will turn theirs in to avoid being a felon. Criminals on the other hand will not because they don't obey laws in the first place and taking modern rifles away from law abiding citizens only make their job easier. If you can't trust your neighbor with a Ak or Ar chances are you should buy one too :)

Sorry for being so expressive about gun control. But I'm just trying to wake up the Adventist church because almost everyone seems asleep on the subject and tend to side with the liberals. If you don't want to own a gun because you think God's not leading you that way I respect that opinion. But just because you don't want to own one doesn't mean I should lose my right to own any gun I chose.

I think you misread my post. AK-47s are mainly used in military combat. I understand a hunting rifle; I would get one too. But I'm not buying an assualt rifle! But I do think backgroung checks are in order.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28872

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
notturningaside wrote:
guns will not magically disappear if banned and I am not saying to ban them just put some more restrictions on them and do you have proof for that 2.5 million? and hitler and gun control wat are a few jews with guns against an army that laid many nations flat and about fast and furious that was covered up by a few people not the whole government or even a whole agency and further more about the thing about DC and Chicago the gun control is only in that city and both have high traffic of people going through it every day and 15 law abiding citizens may take out 3 wackos but how many other innocents will they hit

1: The Nazi military didn't take everyone out "fast and furious". Although France was conquered in 6 weeks, it was one of two major allied powers in western Europe. Great Britain stayed fighting until the United States joined in, providing the boost needed to win the war. Hitler was allowed to amass a large colonial power because of British and French appeasment and the League of Nations's lack of power.

2: How will 15 law abiding citizens take out three wackos combined? That is neither logically or mathematically possible.

3: It's not going to be a shootout. I don't know about you, but if bullets start to fly, that's my cue to say goodbye.

4: If someone has a gun, we can safely assume they know how to use it.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28938

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
You are starting to get into the tactic's of self defence and not the subject of gun control. And yes, 15 law abiding citizens with guns WOULD take out even 20 wackos. Do some reading on how well trained citizens have stopped potential mass killings with just the display of a gun without one shot being fired. What would you rather have? A gun to defend yourself with? or cower under a table waiting for police to show up 20 minutes to 2 hours later. Its just common sense. Sorry for a short message. I have to run.
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28942

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
I don't have a lot of time to type so this message will be short. As I said to TheJaguar you are getting into the tactics and not the gun control subject. A few jews would of had a fighting chance. Six million Jews died in WW2. I personally think 6 million well armed Jews would of had more than a fair chance if they used guerrilla warfare. Not the trench warfare you see in the movies. Read up on our own American revolution and the Texas revolution and I'm sure you can find MANY more storys. I have to go now but I'll get to some of your other questions when I get back.
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28987

@the jaguar I did not say that the german army laid nations down fast and furious when I comm ented about fast and furious I was reffering to the operation and the rest was only in response to Arabian horse so please stop getting on my case I am on your side of this issue! and you must admit that the blitzkrieg was pretty formidable
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28994

@Arabian horse
1. American revolution would not have been won if the british had not been in close ranks marching like they were on a parade.
2. What is a community of jews with guns against an army with tanks missles and cannons?
3. it doesent take 2 hours for cops to get some where 20 minutes is already going into the maximum time for a cop to get to a scene in fact the FBI can be any where in the USA in 2-4 hours
4. could even 15 people with guns stopped the aurora mass shooting this past year?
5. most people with guns don't have as much practice with one as the police FEW CIVILLIANS ARE SHARP SHOOTERS and that is bacically what you need to stop a mass murder
6. the jaguar and my self are only going into tactics because you are with your claims that the jews could have been saved and 15 good civilians vs.20 wackos we need to go into tactics to show how ridiculous what you are saying is
and ps. before you tell me I know nothing about cops or shootings my uncle was a cop and I have read up on this subject and tactics and cops quite a bit
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #28995

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
arabianhorse5 wrote:
I don't have a lot of time to type so this message will be short. As I said to TheJaguar you are getting into the tactics and not the gun control subject. A few jews would of had a fighting chance. Six million Jews died in WW2. I personally think 6 million well armed Jews would of had more than a fair chance if they used guerrilla warfare. Not the trench warfare you see in the movies. Read up on our own American revolution and the Texas revolution and I'm sure you can find MANY more storys. I have to go now but I'll get to some of your other questions when I get back.

Oh, ok I see what you mean. I also agree that 6 million armed Jews would stand a fighting chance.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #29032

  • tim33
  • tim33's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Posts: 667
  • Thank you received: 782
arabianhorse5, As a Christian, can you justify allowing guns? Gun laws are for your protection- they are there to protect people that can't protect themselves. While gun laws will won't stop dangerous people completely, they will limit the accessibility of guns, making it harder for potential mass murderers to get guns.

It's a matter of principle, Do you want to live in a society that is armed, always watching their own back and never trusting anyone? Stand up for gun laws- they save lives, even if they didn't work,... wouldn't you have wanted to stand up for the innocent people killed. Arming more people will only cause distrust, fear and ultimately more deaths from guns.

The aim of good gun laws is not to get rid of guns, just to keep them out of the wrong hands. Normal people can still own a gun. To be honest, I can't imagine Jesus carrying a gun to kill someone with- even in self defence. It's time for the world to stand up and grow up. To realise that shooting people is not tough- It's stupid.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: notturningaside, InspiredThinker, 12pearlygates

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #29048

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 1214
notturningaside wrote:
@the jaguar I did not say that the german army laid nations down fast and furious when I comm ented about fast and furious I was reffering to the operation and the rest was only in response to Arabian horse so please stop getting on my case I am on your side of this issue! and you must admit that the blitzkrieg was pretty formidable

It was. The British practically lived in bomb shelters until the US got involved. Anyway, I see what you mean.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: notturningaside

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #29114

I just want to congratulate "Arabianhorse" on his defense on our second amendment. Arabian has brought up points that I haven't even though about which sadly seem to have gone past the opposition. I just want to offer one word and a very sad story. My brother was killed on his second tour of duty in Afghanistan :'( He was hit by a road side bomb. But when he came back from his first tour of duty one of the first things he said was "never trust a government that wants to take your guns of any kind in the name of public safety". He's was in those country's and has seen what happens and he described it as "utter tyranny". I also might add that banning guns will only create a black market for them which will only cause MORE killing. Read up on Mexico. Drugs are illegal to buy yet so many people get them and use them. Remember, most of the guns used in the recent mass shootings where obtained illegally. Making it harder to get guns in a legal gun store will only make it easier for criminals to get there guns Illegally from some gangster in the back ally.

@tim33 I don't mean to be rude but I find your argument absurd and ignorant. You need to go back and do more research before posting such things.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: colorado house passes gun control measures 4 years 5 months ago #29115

  • arabianhorse5
  • arabianhorse5's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Posts: 64
  • Thank you received: 56
1. American revolution would not have been won if the british had not been in close ranks marching like they were on a parade.

False, George Washington lost almost every battle. You can achieve victory even if you lose EVERY battle.

2. What is a community of jews with guns against an army with tanks missles and cannons?

Tanks, Missile's, Cannons are practically worthless when it comes to heavily treed mountain side prime defense for guerrilla warfare. Come over to where I live in the black hills of SD and your'll see what I mean. You can't even get a quad in the back woods.

3. it doesent take 2 hours for cops to get some where 20 minutes is already going into the maximum time for a cop to get to a scene in fact the FBI can be any where in the USA in 2-4 hours

I can name you LOTS of instances where it has taken cops sometimes even a day to arrive at a crime scene. Go research them(to lazy to post links LOL).My neighbors said after they call the cops it took them almost an hour for them to show up. Sure for the most part cops arrive 5-10 minutes to the crime scene but almost ALWAYS after the crime is committed.

4. could even 15 people with guns stopped the aurora mass shooting this past year?

I'm hear to tell you that if just 1 person with average firearm skills was in that room Aurora most probably would have been stopped. Read up on how just displaying a firearm have stopped multiple possible mass killings.

5. most people with guns don't have as much practice with one as the police FEW CIVILLIANS ARE SHARP SHOOTERS and that is bacically what you need to stop a mass murder

False again, the average american citizen has LOTS of time on there hands. I personally in the last 8 years of being a gun owner have never found even ONE fellow gun owner who's firearm skills doesn't compare if not better then a cop or military soldier.

6. the jaguar and my self are only going into tactics because you are with your claims that the jews could have been saved and 15 good civilians vs.20 wackos we need to go into tactics to show how ridiculous what you are saying is

I believe 6 million Jew's(not counting the Jews that wern't killed) would of had a fighting chance for there life's if they used guerrilla tactics and fought in the mountains. And 15 civilians would be able to take out 20 wackos. Granted they'd definitely have to have above average training but it is possible.

Going to be gone the next couple days so I'll answer more of your questions then. One question for you though. The constitution bearing the citizens rights is only a piece of paper, if the second amendment is banned or restricted how can we the people defend our self's from a tyrannical government? Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Thanks-Chris
Live to ride another day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds