Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Legalized Marijuana

Legalized Marijuana 4 years 11 months ago #16379

• rfishell
  • Thank you received: 393
Many of you know that Washington and Colorado recently legalized the possession of less than one ounce of marijuana. It's important to realize that making something legal doesn't make it smart. Here is part of a USA Today article from December 6, 2012:

". . . marijuana can have wide-ranging effects, including:

* Impaired short-term memory. Marijuana use can make it hard to learn and retain information, particularly complex tasks.

* Slowed reaction time and impaired motor coordination. It can throw off athletic performance, impair driving skills and increase risk of injuries.

* Altered judgment and decision making. Experts say this can contribute to high-risk sexual behaviors that could lead to the spread of sexually transmitted diseases.

* Increased heart rate. It can jump by 20% to 100%, which may increase the risk of heart attack, especially in otherwise vulnerable individuals.

* Altered mood. In some, marijuana can induce euphoria or calmness; in high doses it can cause anxiety and paranoia.

The agency says long-term marijuana abuse can lead to:

*Addiction.

*Poorer educational outcomes, poorer job performance and diminished life satisfaction.

*Respiratory problems (chronic cough, bronchitis).

*Risk of psychosis in vulnerable individuals.

*Cognitive impairment persisting beyond the time of intoxication.
Editor, Guide and Real magazines
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faithful2Godme, notturningaside, Gogirl, deee133, SDAhorseGirl, Penelope009, Quirky, SINGER4GOD, smileygon10, Skite and this user have 2 others thankyou

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 11 months ago #16471

thank you randy
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The following user(s) said Thank You: SDAhorseGirl, Penelope009

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 11 months ago #16516

• dancer4god
  • I love God!
  • Thank you received: 279
I live in one of those states. I couldn't believe that marijuana was legalized. Then again, alcohol used to be illegal and now it's very comonplace. (Thankfully no alcohol has ever entered my house!) Any ways, yeah, it's legal, but it's still not a good idea to take it. :sick:
~God's love, wack-a-doodles, and fluffy poodles~

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 11 months ago #16542

• Wintergirl
  • Uh.. Wanna listen to music with me? :)
  • Thank you received: 177
lol
NeverLetDown~A.W.K.
The following user(s) said Thank You: $ummertime$adne$$

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 11 months ago #16543

• Wintergirl
:silly:
NeverLetDown~A.W.K.
The following user(s) said Thank You: $ummertime$adne$$

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 11 months ago #16556

• happygirl11234
  • just me, nothing else
  • Thank you received: 168
does everybody not know that it was for medical purposes??? or at least that's what I heard.... :huh:
Live life~Laugh often~Love food~Play music~Work hardest
Give me a reason to laugh, and I will. But you don't need to give me a reason to share God's word.
:D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 11 months ago #16597

• dogluvergirl101
  • Shakespeare is awesome. Just sayin'. #theatrekid
  • Thank you received: 101
I can't believe that they would allow it. I mean, can't they see it causes all those problems, not to mention, if taken in high doses, of course, but it could eventually lead to death? That's why it SHOULD be illegal, not legal.
"Art is when the mind shuts off and the heart takes its turn to speak. Whether it's music, paint, theatre, writing, or what have you; each heart has its own voice.

"What is your heart trying to say?"

- Aunt Katherine from énoument (a quote from a book I'm writing)

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 11 months ago #16749

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
It is so sad that people fall into Satan's trick of drugs, alcohol, now marijuana, and so on because if they were really thinking it out and if they really did research, they would be able to realize, some know and just ignore it, but they would be able to realize that this stuff is just slowing committing suicide!

I think that right now is an important time to keep our country in prayer, and also keep the leaders of our country in prayer.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: purple_A

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 11 months ago #16780

• kemgekem
  • Thank you received: 5
most of the effects aren't true. it is healthy for you! :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: InMs

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 11 months ago #16781

• kemgekem
it cures cancer, hepatitis, asthma, anxiety, depression AND SO MANY MORE THINGS!
The following user(s) said Thank You: InMs, $ummertime$adne$$

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 11 months ago #17044

• Emerl2
  • Thank you received: 151
it does'nt cure cancer, makes asthma worse, and on;y cures depression and anxiety temporarily
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, arappette

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 11 months ago #17057

Mr. Fishell is right when it comes to all those nasty effects. Although, I think it was a pretty smart move for the states to legalize it. There is only so much money that they have and the amount they put towards stopping illegal marijuana was a lot. While increasing the chance that people will get their hands on it, there is a point where you have to stop trying because you know people will get it anyway (illegally). As a Christian, it's wrong, but for the state as a whole, it's pretty good.

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 9 months ago #21388

• Wintergirl
Before last summer I was very depressed. Cutting and suicidal thoughts and all that stuff was basically my life. I was so sad. Geez, it makes me want to cry right now. But yeah anyways, what I'm getting to is that summer I started smoking weed. I smoked almost everyday and I was the happiest that I had been in a long time. Then one day at the beginning of the school year I woke up really early and told my mom I was going for a jog but really I was going to smoke some weed. I got really high and went inside and got in the shower. I started to feel really light headed and started to get out of the shower. Then I just blacked out. When I came to I couldn't move my arms or legs or anything. After about 2 minutes of laying on the bathroom floor I was able to get up and I started getting ready for school. I was really shaky and had to force myself to stay on my feet and stay conscious. Anyway I made the decision to stop smoking weed that day. I've only smoked weed once more since that day and during my whole high I was super scared and my heart was beating really fast.
So, I think that weed kind of did cure my depression because it made my summer fun. And having a fun summer, hanging out with friends and all and having a lot of freedom, made me realize that I really didn't want to kill myself. There's so much more to live for.
NeverLetDown~A.W.K.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2, notturningaside, $ummertime$adne$$

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 4 months ago #30159

• arabianhorse5
  • No guns+More Gov.=Tyranny
  • Thank you received: 56
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but yeah, glad it has been legalized in some states. And it does have some healthy benefits. Cures, cancer and lots of other bad things. The reason it was illegal was because it was the cure. Remember, doctors and drug company's don't make money when your healthy and can grow the cure in your own back yard.

Beside's, I don't like the government telling me what I can or can't put into my own body. If you don't like Marijuana, don't buy it. Plain n simple.

One more thing is Marijuana DOES have some bad side effects if you SMOKE it. Which smoking is bad for you in the first place. My 2 cents. Molon Labe-Chris
Live to ride another day.

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 4 months ago #30170

it is marinol that has healthy benefits and if you use marijuana good thing there are laws and the way most mariguana even medical is take is smoking it
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by neonbible.

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 3 months ago #31260

• kemgekem
Nope. It IS healthy... if you've seen a sermon from Dr.Walter Veith (adventist pastor; you probably havent) he mentioned how it is used and is healthy. He said NOTHING negative. Get your facts straight. It has no negative health effects, all these nasty side effects that Mr.Randy Fishell posted is pure, ignorant government propaganda. I am sorry, but that is the true truth. It's just a PLANT that God has created. Come on, don't compare it to tobacco! It is not the same thing............................................................ :(
I am sad to hear that most people still believe in the ignorant government lies. The truth must be revealed to all people... for its health benefits are truly amazing.
And the studies about rats dying from it, are because they pumped dozens of joints into their lungs within seconds. That, of course, is deadly.
Nobody has EVER in recorded history overdosed/died of marijuana. Whereas LEGAL things have killed millions. I do not mean to offend anyone, and I believe that there is a good reason that God created this plant. Some plants are poisonous and only for decoration purposes, but this is truly a magnificent plant that should not be ignored. Thank you for reading, and have a wonderful, blessed day sir.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 2 months ago #31342

final word on the subject have you ever seen what a brain looks like after a person uses marijuana and tobacco is a plat too so compare it! and what are its health benefits? destruction of the frontal lobe?

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 2 months ago #31357

• tasha1507
  • God, Jesus, Cats, Music, Pink = Me
  • Thank you received: 139
My uncle has been using marijuana and other drugs since he was 15. Now he is 50+ and still struggles with it. It's sad to see how life is destroyed by this plant. And I would rather use other plants to get the health benefits. Never used it and never will ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 2 months ago #31608

• Emerl2
  • Thank you received: 151
I'll just mention that liquor is much worse and so is getting drunk. don't drink kids
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker

Re: Legalized Marijuana 4 years 2 months ago #31692

• naturelover23
  • Prayer and work conquer all!!!!
  • Thank you received: 9
Marijuana can be good and bad.. All the things you listed is true but it has its good use..I remember watching the news once and they were featuring this country who was trying to make medication from marijuana...I live in Jamaica where marijuana is heavily used and people say it helps them but i wouldn't use it i see what it did to some people who used it too hard
#food is the best remedy
The following user(s) said Thank You: cynthia200

Re: Legalized Marijuana 3 years 11 months ago #33658

• SdaLegacy
chaoky wrote:
it cures cancer, hepatitis, asthma, anxiety, depression AND SO MANY MORE THINGS!
when uwed in right way. MOST people don't.

Re: Legalized Marijuana 3 years 11 months ago #34129

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1214
Marijuana can be good if used in the right way that God intended. It was meant for healing purposes. What one is supposed to do is boil it, and then drink the water. That's where all of the health benefits come from. Not pumping its smoke into your lungs.
As ArabianHorse said, doctors and drug companies don't make money when the cure is in your backyard.
So basically, the wrong use of weed has led to much ignorance on the part of many people. Use it right, or don't use it at all.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

Re: Legalized Marijuana 3 years 11 months ago #34186

• smileygon10
  • Meow!
  • Thank you received: 126
I heard...
It's amazing how many ways Satan uses to keep people away from God. :(
Smiling for Jesus

Re: Legalized Marijuana 3 years 9 months ago #35412

• awesomeA
  • God's way is the best way!
  • Thank you received: 11
I dont believe you :angry: :unsure:
Do God's will, and everything will start to make sense.

Re: Legalized Marijuana 3 years 9 months ago #35495

• cynthia200
  • Thank you received: 271
@$ummertime$adne$$ What's wrong with you?
~Cynthia~ :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds