Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Homeschooled

YES!!! 81 68.1%
Nope, I go to school 38 31.9%
Total number of voters: 119 ( jetdude91, Kwesi, shaday, master builder, kiwi guy ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Are YOU homeschooled?

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 10 months ago #54247

• fas02
  • Thank you received: 2
Yes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 10 months ago #54273

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2978
Lloyd101 wrote:
katsmyname wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
how do you know what a drunk sailor at a bar sounds like? :ohmy:

lol its just a saying :lol: I'm home-schooled, but I don't really like it anymore because I don't have any friends (okay i have 2 friends) accept online, I'm always on the computer, rarely change out of pj's, and i have been home-schooled almost all my life :ohmy: it does have its upsides though, I get to wake up as late as I want, I don't get homework, anddd umm I get to spend more time with my cats?? :blink:

IKR I HATE being homeschooled :angry: I would much rater go to "real" school :unsure: But that's just me and all of y'all
are have your can think what you want :)
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

What's "real" school? 'cause in reality home schooling came first so technically home schooling is "normal" :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, Mp137

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 10 months ago #54284

• fas02
  • Thank you received: 2
Yes I am,and I believe that it is good that kids,especially adventist kids be homschooled,know ever I am of the opinion that we should be at least have good outside awareness. I've heard of kids who where homeschooled and then Ghent to academy and hade a hard time fitting in. :(
Just my thoughts
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 10 months ago #54486

• Lego10
  • I Like legos and Baseball
  • Thank you received: 15
I am homeschool and I like it!! :lol: :P
Lina Marie :)

Re: Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 9 months ago #55014

• ken10wil
  • bossome
  • Thank you received: 82
I got to a public school. Even if I could afford an Adventist school HVA is a boarding school and don't know what i'd do without my bed (too comfy)
Atholton school has too many racist stories and i'm black so no
and crossroads just shut down (never make your entire teaching staff from the same family. they'll all pack up and leave for Atlanta making your school teacher less)
cuz liberalism is a mental disease and video games are awesome
favorite text:
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:12

Re: Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 9 months ago #55169

• RJ
  • Thank you received: 21
I go to public school now. I attended an SDA elementary school, then was home schooled from 5th grade to 10th grade. Public school can be difficult, spiritually, but I feel like my particular school gives me a really good education. I'm glad I didn't start out in public school, because I wouldn't have had a foundation and my faith would have been destroyed. That's just me, personally, though.

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 1 month ago #61956

• dogluvergirl101
  • Shakespeare is awesome. Just sayin'. #theatrekid
  • Thank you received: 101
I know this was posted forever ago but I'm bored. And I'm finally going to an Adventist academy now!!!!!!!! I love it there so much, homeschool SUCKS lol
"Art is when the mind shuts off and the heart takes its turn to speak. Whether it's music, paint, theatre, writing, or what have you; each heart has its own voice.

"What is your heart trying to say?"

- Aunt Katherine from énoument (a quote from a book I'm writing)

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 1 month ago #61982

• Stverno
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Thank you received: 989
dogluvergirl101 wrote:
I know this was posted forever ago but I'm bored. And I'm finally going to an Adventist academy now!!!!!!!! I love it there so much, homeschool SUCKS lol

Nice! Which one?

NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The following user(s) said Thank You: SirGeneralCliche

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 1 month ago #61983

• Stverno
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Thank you received: 989
dogluvergirl101 wrote:

I'd also like to say (I forgot to put this in my original post) that I was homeschooled for a very long time and I loved it. I wouldn't say it sucked.

NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, SirGeneralCliche

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 4 weeks ago #62110

• dogluvergirl101
Stverno wrote:
dogluvergirl101 wrote:

I'd also like to say (I forgot to put this in my original post) that I was homeschooled for a very long time and I loved it. I wouldn't say it sucked.

I'm going to Collegedale Academy :) and I have several friends who are homeschooled and like it, it just wasn't for me. I'm glad you had a positive experience.
"Art is when the mind shuts off and the heart takes its turn to speak. Whether it's music, paint, theatre, writing, or what have you; each heart has its own voice.

Re: Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 4 weeks ago #62112

• dogluvergirl101
Quirky wrote:
Lloyd101 wrote:
katsmyname wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:

lol its just a saying :lol: I'm home-schooled, but I don't really like it anymore because I don't have any friends (okay i have 2 friends) accept online, I'm always on the computer, rarely change out of pj's, and i have been home-schooled almost all my life :ohmy: it does have its upsides though, I get to wake up as late as I want, I don't get homework, anddd umm I get to spend more time with my cats?? :blink:

IKR I HATE being homeschooled :angry: I would much rater go to "real" school :unsure: But that's just me and all of y'all

What's "real" school? 'cause in reality home schooling came first so technically home schooling is "normal" :whistle:

Real school is where you learn things from someone qualified to teach and actually knows what they're talking about and can help you if you need it. My mom couldn't tell me anything about algebra or geometry, I had to search the Internet for hours trying to answer any questions I had for science worded in a way I could understand, and for history I read library books that made history seem more like a list of names, dates, and places rather than a big story. Now that I'm going to an academy, I can understand math, science makes sense, and history isn't nearly as dull and useless as I thought it was. I wrote my first essay on the eighth day of school, and I was supposed to already know how to write one but my mom never taught me and I doubt she knew anyways. Everyone's experience is different and everyone has different needs and wants which is why there are different options. Why go to a 'real' school if you enjoy homeschooling AND are actually doing well with it? On the flip side, why homeschool if you aren't learning anything and you don't even want to? Why go to a public school if you feel a Christian school woulda be a better experience? On the flip side, why go to a Christian school if you feel called to go to a public school? One of the religion teachers at my school felt she should go to a public school even though she was at a nice Adventist school, so she went. She ended up leading several classmates and even a teacher to Christ! Every situation is different. There is no right or wrong choice, only what you feel is best for you.

Re: Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62314

• Peach1
  • I love God, my Bible, my family, and my church
  • Thank you received: 86
That Girl in the Corner wrote:
home schooled and lovin' it, baby! no schedules, no gym, and lots of comfortableness.. ahhh! i pity the people who are in public school. i love home schooling because i don't have to deal with drama, cussing, and kids talking about sex when they shouldn't be! :sick:

YOU said it!!! I get to go out before we start school sometimes! And I can sleep during 'recess'. B)

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62315

• Peach1
awesomeA wrote:
Yes, I am. Homeschooling Was God's original plan, but now people are scared of it. They say you will have no social life, or that parents without a lot of education cannot teach their children properly.

BOTH are untrue.

Studies have shown that parent's education when homeschooling has nothing(or very little) to do with the child's performance.
However, in public school, it is just the opposite.

Oh, and talk about social life! Homeschool groups,church friends, co-ops, kids in the neighborhood,internet friends,penpals,etc,etc,etc.
Any one who is sociable can have a good social life.

:)

You are so right awesomeA!!!! But it is OK if a group gets together and learn together. WITH THE PARENTS AS TEACHERS!

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62317

• Peach1
Quirky wrote:
Home schooled and lovin it!!!! its why I get to go on guide in the morning without having to be late for anything. We do have schedules though. and p.e.
[spoiler]

We do P.E too. I know, I can get on guide in the morning as well. And we DO have schedules. Hey, Quirky, who are you're 'class'mates?

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62318

• Peach1
Mp137 wrote:
awesomeA wrote:
Yes, I am. Homeschooling Was God's original plan, but now people are scared of it. They say you will have no social life, or that parents without a lot of education cannot teach their children properly.

BOTH are untrue.

Studies have shown that parent's education when homeschooling has nothing(or very little) to do with the child's performance.
However, in public school, it is just the opposite.

Oh, and talk about social life! Homeschool groups,church friends, co-ops, kids in the neighborhood,internet friends,penpals,etc,etc,etc.
Any one who is sociable can have a good social life.

:)

How was homeschooling part of God's plan? Just curious.

Because, God planned the parents to teach their children. Because other people sometimes treat them like the parents do not want to teach their children. It is also good so that the teacher will not teach something against the parents. Hope that helps.

Re: Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62320

• Peach1
Lloyd101 wrote:
katsmyname wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:

WHAT?????? :blink: I LOVE being homeschool!!!!! But I just wanna try SDA public school. :woohoo:

Re: Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62414

• Mp137
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
Peach1 wrote:
Lloyd101 wrote:
katsmyname wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:

WHAT?????? :blink: I LOVE being homeschool!!!!! But I just wanna try SDA public school. :woohoo:

Is there such thing as an SDA public school?
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Re: Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62558

• Peach1
Mp137 wrote:
Peach1 wrote:
Lloyd101 wrote:
katsmyname wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:

Is there such thing as an SDA public school?

Ummmm...... to be honest, I don't know why they call it PUBLIC school...

Re: Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 2 weeks ago #62697

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
dogluvergirl101 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Lloyd101 wrote:
katsmyname wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:

Real school is where you learn things from someone qualified to teach and actually knows what they're talking about and can help you if you need it. My mom couldn't tell me anything about algebra or geometry, I had to search the Internet for hours trying to answer any questions I had for science worded in a way I could understand, and for history I read library books that made history seem more like a list of names, dates, and places rather than a big story. Now that I'm going to an academy, I can understand math, science makes sense, and history isn't nearly as dull and useless as I thought it was. I wrote my first essay on the eighth day of school, and I was supposed to already know how to write one but my mom never taught me and I doubt she knew anyways. Everyone's experience is different and everyone has different needs and wants which is why there are different options. Why go to a 'real' school if you enjoy homeschooling AND are actually doing well with it? On the flip side, why homeschool if you aren't learning anything and you don't even want to? Why go to a public school if you feel a Christian school woulda be a better experience? On the flip side, why go to a Christian school if you feel called to go to a public school? One of the religion teachers at my school felt she should go to a public school even though she was at a nice Adventist school, so she went. She ended up leading several classmates and even a teacher to Christ! Every situation is different. There is no right or wrong choice, only what you feel is best for you.

Gotcha, even though I don't really agree with calling it "real school", but I totally get what you're saying

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 2 weeks ago #62698

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Peach1 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Home schooled and lovin it!!!! its why I get to go on guide in the morning without having to be late for anything. We do have schedules though. and p.e.
[spoiler]

We do P.E too. I know, I can get on guide in the morning as well. And we DO have schedules. Hey, Quirky, who are you're 'class'mates?

My siblings, lol :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peach1

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 2 weeks ago #62789

• Servant
  • Serve God
  • Thank you received: 59
I'm homeschooled.
Politics and the Christian faith should be combined. So I am now against Hillary as well as Trump. I can no longer support a homo supporting baby-killer. Nor can I support an unrepentant adulterer. God will judge them both.
~Servant

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 2 weeks ago #62803

• Peach1
Quirky wrote:
Peach1 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
[spoiler]

My siblings, lol :lol:

Mine as well. :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 2 weeks ago #63065

• Lloyd101
  • (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
  • Thank you received: 328
Hey hey hey! I'm back!! Miss me? No?! Okay I cry. Lol anyways I'm not homeschooled anymore I go to "real school", it's a lot more stressful than being homeschooled but I like it more. The worst part is getting up every morning and having to take a shower. But anyway I'm back on guide weather you like it or not! :P

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 6 days ago #63930

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 555
I mean, I do online school... does that count? Cause ever since my move, we're doing a distance learning thing. It's also Adventist ^O^ And also Adventist online school, and the NAD also acknowledged us at a gathering that we are actually a really amazing school and 100% online.
Even though it has its downsides, like no social interaction much, extra curricular is hard to get, and it's more independent ( maybe not a downside). But we have live classes and all that, and you can get all the homework done (sometimes) on your own time. It's pretty good. The spiritual component is really amazing too.
This is also why I'm going to be more active on Guide more :P
But I still miss my brick and mortar school, I loved having friends and hanging and
Eyyy it's my birthday month!! 18th is my day of arrival on this planet >O<
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

Are YOU homeschooled? 1 year 15 hours ago #64196

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Lloyd101 wrote:
Hey hey hey! I'm back!! Miss me? No?! Okay I cry. Lol anyways I'm not homeschooled anymore I go to "real school", it's a lot more stressful than being homeschooled but I like it more. The worst part is getting up every morning and having to take a shower. But anyway I'm back on guide weather you like it or not! :P

Welcome back Lloyd!
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds