Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Canadian Politics: Bill C-31

Canadian Politics: Bill C-31 5 years 7 months ago #1156

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protecting_Canada%27s_Immigration_System_ActNot sure if any Canadians are on here. For the rest of the world, this bill is to basically impose more restrictions for the immigration policy. My church recently put this in our bulletin. It worries our church, because we're all immigrants! They went through then entire immigration process, and if the government's going to crack down on it, I'm not gonna be happy.

Any other opnions? I don't want this to be a dead thread.
Yo soy de El Salvador, mais je peux parler francais, but only because I learned in School.

Trilingual FTW!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Canadian Politics: Bill C-31 5 years 7 months ago #1243

• Daze
  • In posts I am a Supercentenarian
  • Thank you received: 302
That's horrible! This remembers me of when in U.S. history when america put quotas (or a restricted number of immigrants that could come into the U.S. from certain countries) on eastern European countries. Unlike in Canada though this was solely based on racism, which was pretty much nonsense in my opinion since people form eastern Europe are still "white". The most extreme time the U.S. resisted immigrants was when some Jews escaping the Holocaust took a ship, the St. Louis, to take refuge in america. But was sadly turned back to Germany, which was sad since most of them were excited about going to america which can be seen here:
Jews_on_StLouis.jpg
. I really hope that bill in Canada is repealed SkepticDude14 because I think it gives too much power to the minster and can separate families for years! If you have any updates on the bill please tell me ASAP!
The law of God, enshrined within the ark, was the great rule of righteousness and judgment. That law pronounced death upon the transgressor; but above the law was the mercy seat, upon which the presence of God was revealed, and from which, by virtue of the atonement, pardon was granted to the...
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Daze.

Re: Canadian Politics: Bill C-31 5 years 7 months ago #1311

• Daze
Whoops :oops: ! Sorry that the picture is taking up so much of the page SkecpticDude14! I should of resized it before I posted it :dry: !
The law of God, enshrined within the ark, was the great rule of righteousness and judgment. That law pronounced death upon the transgressor; but above the law was the mercy seat, upon which the presence of God was revealed, and from which, by virtue of the atonement, pardon was granted to the...

Re: Canadian Politics: Bill C-31 5 years 7 months ago #1381

• Daze
Whoops sorry for calling you Miles SkepticDude14! He is also from Canada and has the same avatar sorry 4 the mix-up!

Re: Canadian Politics: Bill C-31 5 years 7 months ago #1519

• JunkMonkey
  • "She has no idea the effect she can have."
  • Thank you received: 67
Oh meh goodness. O.O
-Zina
"Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear." -President Snow
"You better run now, Fire Girl." -Thresh

Re: Canadian Politics: Bill C-31 5 years 7 months ago #1546

• happygirl11234
  • just me, nothing else
  • Thank you received: 168
woah heavy stuff :ohmy: ...i think they are kind of addressing the whole 'illegal immigrant' thing like in america (i might be wrong). But if you guys came through the system and were cleared, don't think you guys have much to worry about unless they are rejecting the entire system...the new conditions seem rather harsh though.
Live life~Laugh often~Love food~Play music~Work hardest
Give me a reason to laugh, and I will. But you don't need to give me a reason to share God's word.
:D

Re: Canadian Politics: Bill C-31 5 years 7 months ago #1568

• Daze
I know it is real nasty zina isn't it.

Re: Canadian Politics: Bill C-31 5 years 6 months ago #2242

• JunkMonkey
  • "She has no idea the effect she can have."
  • Thank you received: 67
mhm. totally daze. Glad the U.S. is a free country.
"Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear." -President Snow
"You better run now, Fire Girl." -Thresh

Re: Canadian Politics: Bill C-31 5 years 6 months ago #3106

Daze watch it. Here I am watch out for me! I stalk stalk stalk :P ha ha yes I'm from Canada and I hear about this Bill C-31 I hope you don't have to move... :(
~ ♥ Miles ♥ ~
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds