Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: how am I NOT grieving?

how am I NOT grieving? 5 years 7 months ago #987

• happygirl11234
  • just me, nothing else
  • Thank you received: 168
Dear Dr. C (and consequently anyone else who might be reading this),

My grandma is dealing with a really serious tumor right now, and everyone in my family is stressed and my mom is crying a lot (it's her mom) and last night my parents and I were talking about how we should cope if Grandma dies, and my dad turns to me and asks me how I would cope if Grandma died. And I had absolutely no answer for him! Now I am trying to examine myself for any sadness, but it only comes up when I am around my grandmother and see her in her condition. Am I a terrible person for not thinking about her or feeling any pain when I am away from her?
Live life~Laugh often~Love food~Play music~Work hardest
Give me a reason to laugh, and I will. But you don't need to give me a reason to share God's word.
:D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: how am I NOT grieving? 5 years 7 months ago #1010

• jreteenmom
  • Thank you received: 338
HappyGirl,

I am sorry to hear about the rough time your family is going through right now. I pray that God will bless you, your grandmother and the rest of your family.

Grief is a very complicated process. Everyone experiences it differently. The fact that you only think about your grandmother's illness when you are around her is part of your way of dealing with the trauma of this serious illness. This does not mean you love her any less. Your expressions of your feelings about this traumatic loss will come at the time that is right for you.

Dr. C
Dr. C
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: happygirl11234, jesusROCKS1234
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds