Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: feeling closer to God

feeling closer to God 5 years 9 months ago #501

You know when you're in church and some people start lifting up their hands or saying amen during service.
Why do I not do that? Why can't I feel that close to God?

How can I strenghten my spiritual love for God instead of falling asleep during church service?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: feeling closer to God 5 years 9 months ago #558

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 441
I understand what you're talking about. I never really used to be that close to God, either. In fact, I remember the days when I let my temptations get the best of me instead of going to Him in prayer. I just couldn't fight it. Luckily, we had a revival at our church, and I realized that If I really wanted the Holy Spirit in my life, I had to surrender my sins at the feet of Jesus. So, in tears, I gave ALL my burdens to the Lord and asked Him to "revive" my soul spiritually. Ever since then, I've been very strong in my faith. In conclusion, my advice to you would be to surrender yourself to the Lord. Pray earnestly for Him to change your life, and He will-trust ME. ;)
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."
The following user(s) said Thank You: h0r5egirl77, Godsadvicegiver12

Re: feeling closer to God 5 years 9 months ago #613

• jreteenmom
  • Thank you received: 338
Hi there,

God made each of us with unique personalities. Some people are more quiet and reserved and others are outgoing and vocal.

These personality differences often come out in the ways we praise and worship. When people shout AMEN or raise their hands, it does not mean they are any closer to God than those who don't. It simply means that they express themselves differently.

Continue to study the word of God and pray to maintain a relationship with Him. Then feel free to express your love for Him in the way that comes naturally to you.

Dr. C
Dr. C
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, Godsadvicegiver12

Re: feeling closer to God 5 years 8 months ago #1925

thanks so much!
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds