Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spiritual Crisis :( (Help)

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 3 weeks 3 days ago #90488

• Razena
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 8razy8 EDRJam: razena
  • Thank you received: 90
Have you ever had bad thoughts about the religion you have? In this case it's Christendom for all of us (or most of us) so I want to know if you guys ever had thoughts that you weren't supposed to have and like, they just appear out of nowhere taking you completely by surprise, like what if God isn't real, what if he's evil(that one is REALLY stupid I know) or go all Martin Luther and be very afraid of God because you think that if you do something wrong, you'll be condemned to hell for eternity and you think that your sinning a lot and everything is just a mess... well this has been happening to me quite a lot the past what, two years(?) aaaaaand I am really tired of it. It's like, I go into a stream of random thoughts and one of these thoughts that I just listed just pops out of nowhere, and suddenly I can't stop thinking negatively and it really makes my head hurt for long periods of time, and I have no idea why. I've talked to my parents about this whenever it happens and it calms me down a lot but today, I got one of these 'attacks' (in the shower of all places) and even after I told my mom, the pain didn't really go away until like right now. Sooo that's two hours of negative thoughts, trying to block said negative thoughts and pain and I'm getting really tired of it and honestly I'm also getting scared. What if one day, I stop believing because of these thoughts??? I need some help, words of advice or at least some knowledge that I'm not alone in this. Thanks for reading.
When it rains, look for rainbows. When it's dark, look for stars.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 3 weeks 2 days ago #90513

1. It's not wrong to think bad thoughts about a religion. We're not in it for the religion, we're in it for the Person. And so it's not about which religion is "right", it's about which one helps us have the healthiest relationship possible with that Person.

2. Doubt and those kind of thoughts aren't "wrong". Everyone has doubts. If doubt didn't exist, we wouldn't have faith, because faith is the ability to believe in something/Someone even while you have doubts. The fact that you're still believing in God even though you're thinking these things is evidence to the fact that you have faith.

3. The part where you said you "go all Martin Luther" is legalism. What you experience when you feel like that is legalism. And everyone is legalistic to a certain degree. It's just naturally part of our sinful humanity to operate on works based systems instead of faith based systems. Everyone experiences that "Martin Luther" stuff over and over again throughout their lives. As we get to know Jesus better, it'll gradually get easier not to imagine God as a sort of "Santa" if you will, making a list and checking it twice.

4. No what ifs. Stop with the what ifs. They're Satan's tools, and he uses them to get into your thinking. A "what if?" question is a worried question, and God tells us in the Bible that we have nothing to fear. True, it's scary to think about those thoughts turning you into an unbeliever, but if you just surrender your mind to God and let Him be responsible for your thoughts, you're going to be super safe.

5. Yeah, you're sinning a lot. Everyone is. That's why we have a Saviour. If nobody ever sinned, why would Jesus have gone through so much pain and agony on the cross? I don't think Jesus would have gone through so much if it were actually possible for us not to sin. So don't be so hard on yourself when you mess up. Everyone does. But you're still saved. God still loves you. Just tell Him what you did and ask His forgiveness. And thank Him for making a wah of escape for you.

"When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within
Upward I look, and see Him there
Who made an end to all my sin.

Because a sinless Saviour died
My sinful soul is counted free
For God the just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me."

6. This might not sound like good news, but I don't think these thoughts will go away anytime soon. They're not gonna just vanish. My advice to you would be to pray when you get one of those "attacks". Tell God what's going on, and surrender the situation into His hands. Then pray for someone you know needs prayer. Prayer is a really strong weapon against Satan, and he hates it when God's children pray.

Okay, I hope that helped a little! I'm praying for you! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Razena, sunnyside1, jGod8865

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 3 weeks 2 days ago #90515

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 617
Here is how I deal with doubt about God’s existence: if God doesn’t exist, I’m gonna believe in Him anyway because it is healthy. Not only is the Christian lifestyle supported by studies, but when you believe in God, you have the psychological benefit of never being alone. Even if He isn’t real, it is beneficial to believe that He is. Besides, there is a good chance that He is, in fact, real, so there really is no point in doubting His existence.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Razena, horsegirl04

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 3 weeks 2 days ago #90520

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Pollo y Papa Frita Philippians 4:13-
  • Thank you received: 224
Razena wrote:
Have you ever had bad thoughts about the religion you have? In this case it's Christendom for all of us (or most of us) so I want to know if you guys ever had thoughts that you weren't supposed to have and like, they just appear out of nowhere taking you completely by surprise, like what if God isn't real, what if he's evil(that one is REALLY stupid I know) or go all Martin Luther and be very afraid of God because you think that if you do something wrong, you'll be condemned to hell for eternity and you think that your sinning a lot and everything is just a mess... well this has been happening to me quite a lot the past what, two years(?) aaaaaand I am really tired of it. It's like, I go into a stream of random thoughts and one of these thoughts that I just listed just pops out of nowhere, and suddenly I can't stop thinking negatively and it really makes my head hurt for long periods of time, and I have no idea why. I've talked to my parents about this whenever it happens and it calms me down a lot but today, I got one of these 'attacks' (in the shower of all places) and even after I told my mom, the pain didn't really go away until like right now. Sooo that's two hours of negative thoughts, trying to block said negative thoughts and pain and I'm getting really tired of it and honestly I'm also getting scared. What if one day, I stop believing because of these thoughts??? I need some help, words of advice or at least some knowledge that I'm not alone in this. Thanks for reading.

You are not alone. I do the same thing. Like you said it just comes out of no where. I think the best thing we can do is to pray more often for understanding and wisdom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Razena

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 3 weeks 2 days ago #90522

• Razena
  • NOW ONLINE
BeAnxiousForNothing wrote:
1. It's not wrong to think bad thoughts about a religion. We're not in it for the religion, we're in it for the Person. And so it's not about which religion is "right", it's about which one helps us have the healthiest relationship possible with that Person.

2. Doubt and those kind of thoughts aren't "wrong". Everyone has doubts. If doubt didn't exist, we wouldn't have faith, because faith is the ability to believe in something/Someone even while you have doubts. The fact that you're still believing in God even though you're thinking these things is evidence to the fact that you have faith.

3. The part where you said you "go all Martin Luther" is legalism. What you experience when you feel like that is legalism. And everyone is legalistic to a certain degree. It's just naturally part of our sinful humanity to operate on works based systems instead of faith based systems. Everyone experiences that "Martin Luther" stuff over and over again throughout their lives. As we get to know Jesus better, it'll gradually get easier not to imagine God as a sort of "Santa" if you will, making a list and checking it twice.

4. No what ifs. Stop with the what ifs. They're Satan's tools, and he uses them to get into your thinking. A "what if?" question is a worried question, and God tells us in the Bible that we have nothing to fear. True, it's scary to think about those thoughts turning you into an unbeliever, but if you just surrender your mind to God and let Him be responsible for your thoughts, you're going to be super safe.

5. Yeah, you're sinning a lot. Everyone is. That's why we have a Saviour. If nobody ever sinned, why would Jesus have gone through so much pain and agony on the cross? I don't think Jesus would have gone through so much if it were actually possible for us not to sin. So don't be so hard on yourself when you mess up. Everyone does. But you're still saved. God still loves you. Just tell Him what you did and ask His forgiveness. And thank Him for making a wah of escape for you.

6. This might not sound like good news, but I don't think these thoughts will go away anytime soon. They're not gonna just vanish. My advice to you would be to pray when you get one of those "attacks". Tell God what's going on, and surrender the situation into His hands. Then pray for someone you know needs prayer. Prayer is a really strong weapon against Satan, and he hates it when God's children pray.

Oh my goodness, that really DID help a lot!!! If only there was a crying happily emoji on this website cause that's what I'm doing right now! Thank you SOOO MUCH! *happy cry*

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 3 weeks 2 days ago #90523

• Razena
  • NOW ONLINE
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Here is how I deal with doubt about God’s existence: if God doesn’t exist, I’m gonna believe in Him anyway because it is healthy. Not only is the Christian lifestyle supported by studies, but when you believe in God, you have the psychological benefit of never being alone. Even if He isn’t real, it is beneficial to believe that He is. Besides, there is a good chance that He is, in fact, real, so there really is no point in doubting His existence.

Hmmmm that's an interesting way of putting it... not to say it's not true :lol: thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: SirGeneralCliche

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 3 weeks 2 days ago #90524

• Razena
  • NOW ONLINE
jGod8865 wrote:
Razena wrote:

You are not alone. I do the same thing. Like you said it just comes out of no where. I think the best thing we can do is to pray more often for understanding and wisdom.

What I used to do was just apologize to God over and over again every time I did something wrong, but praying seems to be the much better answer (silly past me, why didn't you just do that in the first place?!?!) thank you so much

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 3 weeks 2 days ago #90525

• Razena
  • NOW ONLINE
Wow, it was really great to get this off of my chest thank you guys so much for the advice!!!

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 3 weeks 2 days ago #90530

jGod8865 wrote:
Razena wrote:

Me too, sometimes I get thoughts that I'm just like "what is this?"
don't worry, everyone has bad thoughts once and a while. Ask for forgiveness if you feel really bad about it.

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 3 weeks 1 day ago #90561

Razena wrote:

Oh my goodness, that really DID help a lot!!! If only there was a crying happily emoji on this website cause that's what I'm doing right now! Thank you SOOO MUCH! *happy cry*
Praise the Lord! I'm glad He could use me to bless you :)

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 3 weeks 1 day ago #90578

• horsegirl04
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 456
like SGC said, If god is not real, there is nothing to live for, you live, you die, and that's it. So, if you only have about 80 years on this earth, why wouldn't you live for the possibility that you could live forever? And if God isn't real, I doesn't matter, nothing is going to happen to you. But as you get to know God better and better, you will love Him more and more.
Whenever those thoughts come into your head, try to think of something else, and if they wouldn't go away, read the bible, and about what God did for us on the cross.

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 3 weeks 10 hours ago #90595

• LEMONwizard
  • I trust God. Do you?
  • Thank you received: 144
Razena wrote:

I think there used to be one...
TRUST GOD with EVERYTHING because GOD HOLDS EVERYTHING and HE WON'T LET GO

#StvernoIsAFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement
When Emmy01 can't, I will fight for the pencil.
INFP, -A/-T (mediator) according to 16personalities.com

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 3 weeks 10 hours ago #90596

• LEMONwizard
  • I trust God. Do you?
  • Thank you received: 144
horsegirl04 wrote:
like SGC said, If god is not real, there is nothing to live for, you live, you die, and that's it. So, if you only have about 80 years on this earth, why wouldn't you live for the possibility that you could live forever? And if God isn't real, I doesn't matter, nothing is going to happen to you. But as you get to know God better and better, you will love Him more and more.
Whenever those thoughts come into your head, try to think of something else, and if they wouldn't go away, read the bible, and about what God did for us on the cross.
U talking like what's-his-name the marsh-wiggle in The Silver Chair
TRUST GOD with EVERYTHING because GOD HOLDS EVERYTHING and HE WON'T LET GO

#StvernoIsAFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement
When Emmy01 can't, I will fight for the pencil.
INFP, -A/-T (mediator) according to 16personalities.com

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 2 weeks 5 days ago #90650

• Razena
  • NOW ONLINE
LEMONwizard wrote:
Razena wrote:

I think there used to be one...
Ermmmm one what?

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 2 weeks 2 days ago #90720

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 617
LEMONwizard wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
Puddleglum
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 2 weeks 2 days ago #90732

• Razena
  • NOW ONLINE
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
LEMONwizard wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
Puddleglum
*gasp* I LOVE that book. I mean, The Horse and His Boy is my favorite Narnia book but The Silver Chair is also REALLY good! I just hope the guys making the 4th Narnia movie based on that book don't mess it up...
... and yah SGC DOES sound like Puddleglum doens't he/she?

Spiritual Crisis :( (Help) 1 week 2 days ago #90884

• Mrphie
  • Maybe the fingerguns were a little extra....
  • Thank you received: 46
Lol I'm suuuuper late but....
I sometimes get those sorts of thoughts too, so yeah you're totally not alone
And when I ever specifically doubt things or have questions I try to just reason with myself about why "insert some doubt here" isn't true, among other things that have already been said (prayer, bible reading, etc.). For example, if the thought that God might not exist ever creeps into my mind I just remind myself of moral absolutes, aka the fact that there is good and evil. Certain things are inherently good, certain things are inherently bad, which wouldn't be true without a creator. Ta da.
Also if i have bible questions and I don't know where to find an answer in the bible i go to websites like amazing facts and miq teens to either see if they have information on a topic or inquire so that they'll email me a biblically supported answer (All the emails I've gotten have come with references to scripture). Take that with a grain of salt though because although both websites are pretty useful generally, I once got a very questionable answer from miq teens. (on the bright side, when I was figuring out my stand on protesting amazing facts was very helpful) So that's when asking knowledgeable people can be especially helpful.
So yeah. Sometimes we get doubtful thoughts, but we can overcome them with God's help. Don't be discouraged. :)

Anybody on this site play lacrosse? Or at least like it?
What about cats? Horses? Lasagna?
Anybody?
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds