Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is protesting supported by the bible?

Is protesting supported by the bible? 4 weeks 8 hours ago #89172

• Mrphie
  • Maybe the fingerguns were a little extra....
  • Thank you received: 45
I would go into further detail but last time I tried it all got erased... so basically my family flipped out on me because they found out I've been recently protesting during class by sitting during the playing of the national anthem, and they angrily told me to pray and seek God's word so that I would find the truth about protesting (that God doesn't want us to do it). My grandmother specifically brought up a verse from Matthew 22:21 which says "Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." She didn't really explain what that meant in this context so I tried to figure out what she meant myself. I ended up finding some different passages including Romans 13:1-7 which seems to suggest that we should follow and obey our leaders since that's what God wants, (and my version mentions continuing in customs which would go along with the tradition of standing during the anthem) or at least that's what it seems to say at face value. There were also verses like Process 31:9 and 21:13 which seem to call for the defense of the poor and needy, which I think can be done through protesting. Then there's Deuteronomy 1:16-17 which says to listen to cases and problems between the people and make good decisions regarding them, (which I think protesting kind of is, it's just a very public form of saying hey I don't like this please listen) and I mean, if those sorts of comments are supposed to be listened to, it kind of implies that they're fine to convey and express in the first place. Obviously I'm paraphrasing heavily but that's because I'm trying to tell this to you guys asap so I can get a reasonable answer before my family brings it up again and I'm just stuck hearing the same things I'm unsure about over and over. Whether or not you believe protesting during the national anthem is right isn't really what I'm asking, to clarify. What I want to know is what the bible, and thus God says about protesting at all, in terms of whether or not it is acceptable at least in theory or in a general sense so that I can make a better educated decision than I would on my own and not be so utterly distraught at this clash of ideas that has been forcefully brought to my attention along with the disapproving whispers of my family. I know this intense and I apologize about that but I am feeling extremely intense right now and I want this to be over.

Anybody on this site play lacrosse? Or at least like it?
What about cats? Horses? Lasagna?
Anybody?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is protesting supported by the bible? 3 weeks 6 days ago #89178

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Keep calm swim & read on.(and do gymnaststics!)
  • Thank you received: 30
Well, I think you should be able to make the decision by your self, but you have to honor your parents.Was it protesting when Abraham kept asking God to save Sodom? :huh: :huh:
#StvernoIsAFemale#Pathfinder4EverIsaFemale#LemonwizardIsaFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement

4's my number
}""'^^"""{
I know pronounce my self in charge of the pencil until emmy01 returns.
#pathfindersisgreat
SNOW RULES
Happy birthday to all those born in December/Janurary:*)

Is protesting supported by the bible? 3 weeks 3 days ago #89325

• nadcombo
  • Thank you received: 50
protestin is ok, as long as your not disrespecting the flag and what it's for. men and women have died for that flag, that flag brought peace and prosperity to the majority of the world. It stands for everything America is and was built on. If you are protesting slavery and other issues, such as racism and equal rights... every single one is gone. racism is here, but verrry rare. you have to look hard to find it. Women have more rights than men, with a single word, they destroy men's lives to the point of suicide. they get the children and the majority of stuff in case of divorce most of the time. plus, you don't get the bill on dates!
COUNTRY'S GOOD OK!!! IF YA DONT BELIVE ME?! listen to three wooden crosses, and what ifs, and drunk on you, and forever country. THATS MY opinion...

results may very......

Is protesting supported by the bible? 3 weeks 3 days ago #89327

• jesusROCKS1234
  • #bluelivesmatter #IDontKneel
  • Thank you received: 166
Its ok to protest, but it depends what and how you go about doing it. I don't think God cares if you respect the USA or not. On a personal note though, if I found out my kid was sitting during the national anthem he/she would be in a world of hurt.
#bluelivesmatter #Idontkneel

Is protesting supported by the bible? 3 weeks 3 days ago #89349

• Blue Tornado
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 862
jesusROCKS1234 wrote:
Its ok to protest, but it depends what and how you go about doing it. I don't think God cares if you respect the USA or not. On a personal note though, if I found out my kid was sitting during the national anthem he/she would be in a world of hurt.

It would depend, though, why your kid is sitting during the national anthem. I wouldn't protest like that simply because it doesn't look respectful. Kneeling is respectful, and would be my initial form of protest, but that's a whole other can of worms for another day.

If your kid were protesting something like how this year football players were kneeling against freedoms being evoked from minority groups, there would be nothing wrong with the act. If, however, your kid sits during the anthem and can give no explanation, then you can welcome him into your world of hurt.

As for the rest of the topic, I think protesting is fine, but so long as it isn't explicitly illegal. Regarding the passage in Romans, and this is my personal opinion, I have no evidence for this, Paul specifically says to pay taxes and honor the government/authorities. It would make sense, therefore, that their form of protest involved refusing to pay taxes and directly disrespecting the government/authorities. There are peaceful ways to protest, such as kneeling or marching, and there are other ways, such as these listed above. Protesting something is not wrong, it's only how and what you're protesting that makes the difference.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds