Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Are cars a form of art

TOPIC: Are cars a form of art (debate)

Are cars a form of art (debate) 4 weeks 13 hours ago #89157

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Pollo y Papa Frita Philippians 4:13-
  • Thank you received: 209
Do you think that cars are a form of art.

Well I think yes, since the definition of art is, "the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture"(online dictionary)

ScreenShot2017-12-18at5.06.17PM.png

Cars are made by a team of artists and designers who come together and draw out the plans for the car. Then is is approved and then put together.

Philippians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Are cars a form of art (debate) 4 weeks 12 hours ago #89163

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Keep calm swim & read on.(and do gymnaststics!)
  • Thank you received: 30
of course
ever heard of car art?
#StvernoIsAFemale#Pathfinder4EverIsaFemale#LemonwizardIsaFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement

4's my number
}""'^^"""{
I know pronounce my self in charge of the pencil until emmy01 returns.
#pathfindersisgreat
SNOW RULES
Happy birthday to all those born in December/Janurary:*)

Are cars a form of art (debate) 4 weeks 11 hours ago #89170

• Servant
  • Thank you received: 67
I think so. I've seen cars made by Nisson that have an artistic look. Like the Juke.
Galatians 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law."

Are cars a form of art (debate) 3 weeks 6 days ago #89198

I said no lol
but I don't have an opinion either way :P

Are cars a form of art (debate) 3 weeks 3 days ago #89310

• thesdalatinokid
  • I'm not short, the world's too big
  • Thank you received: 20
jGod8865 wrote:

Well I think yes, since the definition of art is, "the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture"(online dictionary)

Cars are made by a team of artists and designers who come together and draw out the plans for the car. Then is is approved and then put together.

Here is the counter argument I had in the other topic. I'm posting it again b/c you didn't respond the first time.

"You have a point, but the thing with that definition is that then almost everything could be art. I could pour imagination and creativity into designing a trash can. I personally think that art has to be something that can be appreciated for its beauty, by ordinary people. If you look at a Picasso, anyone can admire the amount of work and talent put into a hyper-real painting like that (Picasso probably isn't the best example of a realist, but bear with me). Although a lot of work goes into a car, it's more commonly viewed as a mode of transportation, a way to get from Point A to Point B. Yes, you can decorate the car, and make it so you can get to Point B faster, but it's still just transportation."
The following user(s) said Thank You: endershadow112, LolingforJesus

Are cars a form of art (debate) 3 weeks 3 days ago #89320

• nadcombo
  • Thank you received: 50
yes.. don't believe me? look at the Koenigsegg one:1, Pagani huira, and Aston Martin DB 11
COUNTRY'S GOOD OK!!! IF YA DONT BELIVE ME?! listen to three wooden crosses, and what ifs, and drunk on you, and forever country. THATS MY opinion...

results may very......
The following user(s) said Thank You: jGod8865

Are cars a form of art (debate) 3 weeks 3 days ago #89346

• thesdalatinokid
nadcombo wrote:
yes.. don't believe me? look at the Koenigsegg one:1, Pagani huira, and Aston Martin DB 11

Like I said before, although they look nice, I could also make a trash can look nice. It wouldn't be art. (no offence to trash cans)

Are cars a form of art (debate) 3 weeks 2 days ago #89391

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 564
thesdalatinokid wrote:
nadcombo wrote:

Like I said before, although they look nice, I could also make a trash can look nice. It wouldn't be art. (no offence to trash cans)
Actually, contemporary art is all about the fact that anything can be art. For instance, there is a man who collects garbage in New York and puts it in plastic cubes. The trash is then sold as art for $50 a piece (Google NYC Garbage). You may not consider it art, but there are people that do, so in someone’s eyes it is art.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

Are cars a form of art (debate) 2 weeks 3 days ago #89507

• thesdalatinokid
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
thesdalatinokid wrote:
nadcombo wrote:

Actually, contemporary art is all about the fact that anything can be art. For instance, there is a man who collects garbage in New York and puts it in plastic cubes. The trash is then sold as art for $50 a piece (Google NYC Garbage). You may not consider it art, but there are people that do, so in someone’s eyes it is art.

Ok, so after seeing that, I think that there should be a line drawn here between contemporary/modern art and art like Picasso, da Vinci, or Michelangelo. After researching the garbage art, I think that although cars can be considered contemporary art (just like anything else), but it cannot be considered art in the same category as the Mona Lisa , or the Pieta .

Are cars a form of art (debate) 1 week 6 days ago #89637

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
thesdalatinokid wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:

Here is the counter argument I had in the other topic. I'm posting it again b/c you didn't respond the first time.

"You have a point, but the thing with that definition is that then almost everything could be art. I could pour imagination and creativity into designing a trash can. I personally think that art has to be something that can be appreciated for its beauty, by ordinary people. If you look at a Picasso, anyone can admire the amount of work and talent put into a hyper-real painting like that (Picasso probably isn't the best example of a realist, but bear with me). Although a lot of work goes into a car, it's more commonly viewed as a mode of transportation, a way to get from Point A to Point B. Yes, you can decorate the car, and make it so you can get to Point B faster, but it's still just transportation."

But the people who design the cars have a different view on the cars that they create. They make most cars to look their best and make other people love how it looks.

Are cars a form of art (debate) 1 week 6 days ago #89638

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
thesdalatinokid wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
thesdalatinokid wrote:
nadcombo wrote:

Ok, so after seeing that, I think that there should be a line drawn here between contemporary/modern art and art like Picasso, da Vinci, or Michelangelo. After researching the garbage art, I think that although cars can be considered contemporary art (just like anything else), but it cannot be considered art in the same category as the Mona Lisa , or the Pieta .

Yes I know. I wasn't saying that cars were art in the category of paintings, they are sculptors. Beautiful sculptors with a practical purpose.

Are cars a form of art (debate) 1 week 3 days ago #89705

• thesdalatinokid
jGod8865 wrote:
thesdalatinokid wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:

But the people who design the cars have a different view on the cars that they create. They make most cars to look their best and make other people love how it looks.

Again using my trash can example, the person pouring imagination and creativity into designing a trash can would also have a different view on what they create. People would still admire the trash can's appearence. It wouldn't be art.

Are cars a form of art (debate) 1 week 3 days ago #89707

• thesdalatinokid
jGod8865 wrote:
thesdalatinokid wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
thesdalatinokid wrote:
nadcombo wrote:

Yes I know. I wasn't saying that cars were art in the category of paintings, they are sculptors. Beautiful sculptors with a practical purpose.

Assuming that you meant "sculptures" when you said "sculptor" (A sculptor is a person who makes scultpures), the problem with defining a car as a sculpture is it's practical use. Sculptures and art are meant to be admired, not used. Also, I didn't mean that cars are paintings in my last sentence of the previous post. The Pieta is a sculpture by Michelangelo, not a painting.

Are cars a form of art (debate) 1 week 1 day ago #89809

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
thesdalatinokid wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
thesdalatinokid wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
thesdalatinokid wrote:
nadcombo wrote:

Assuming that you meant "sculptures" when you said "sculptor" (A sculptor is a person who makes scultpures), the problem with defining a car as a sculpture is it's practical use. Sculptures and art are meant to be admired, not used. Also, I didn't mean that cars are paintings in my last sentence of the previous post. The Pieta is a sculpture by Michelangelo, not a painting.

But my friend, most super cars, hyper cars, and some sports cars were made not only to go super fast but so that people can enjoy looking at them and admiring the handy work of the designers of the car. The designers have to make sure that the car looks nice so that people would want to buy it. And so yes when the designers are designing the car that are designing it as an art form.

Are cars a form of art (debate) 1 week 1 day ago #89831

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Keep calm swim & read on.(and do gymnaststics!)
  • Thank you received: 30
yes it would be, people do the exact same thing check this out www.noupe.com/inspiration/showcases/40-t...om-common-trash.html
#StvernoIsAFemale#Pathfinder4EverIsaFemale#LemonwizardIsaFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement

4's my number
}""'^^"""{
I know pronounce my self in charge of the pencil until emmy01 returns.
#pathfindersisgreat
SNOW RULES
Happy birthday to all those born in December/Janurary:*)

Are cars a form of art (debate) 1 week 16 hours ago #89847

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 481
thesdalatinokid wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:

Well that's because a painted trash can could be a work of art. Anything with a spark of creativity and original design is considered art. Yes it is vague but it's a vague word.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl

Are cars a form of art (debate) 3 days 6 hours ago #90026

I think what we're trying to say here is that cars are a form of art, but not like paintings or sculptures.
You just wasted your time reading this meaningless signature...
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04, jGod8865

Are cars a form of art (debate) 2 days 16 hours ago #90074

• thesdalatinokid
pathfinder4ever wrote:
yes it would be, people do the exact same thing check this out www.noupe.com/inspiration/showcases/40-t...om-common-trash.html

Someone else already pointed out the trash art to me. Basically what we agreed was that that's modern art, which can be pretty much anything. In my opinion, cars also fall into the category pf modern art.

Are cars a form of art (debate) 1 day 19 hours ago #90110

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
thesdalatinokid wrote:
pathfinder4ever wrote:

Someone else already pointed out the trash art to me. Basically what we agreed was that that's modern art, which can be pretty much anything. In my opinion, cars also fall into the category pf modern art.

Yes it is modern art

Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds