Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Should Seventh Day Adventists Go To The Movies?

Should Seventh Day Adventists Go To The Movies? 1 month 3 weeks ago #87839

• Ricky
  • Haii My Name Is Osrick But You Can Call Me Ricky!!
  • Thank you received: 7
Any Insight?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should Seventh Day Adventists Go To The Movies? 1 month 3 weeks ago #87852

• Blue Tornado
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 862
In my opinion, it's okay for anyone to go to the movies. Ellen White advised against going because, back in her day, people would drink, smoke, and other garbage at the theater. Obviously, not anymore. The bigger question is the content of the movie you're going to see.

Take recently-released "Wonder." Based on a novel, it follows a boy with facial differences entering elementary school for the first time. This movie has a good message and good morals; plus, it's rated PG for thematic elements including bullying. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't see this movie.

Or take "Passion of the Christ." This Mel Gibson movie follows Jesus in His last 12 (or 24, I forgot) hours, leading up to His death. Since it follows Jesus, it's bound to have a good message and good morals; but it's rated R for violence involving the crucifixion. Gibson is very well-known for making violent movies, and this is no exception; he does not pull away from showing skin literally getting torn from Jesus' back when He's whipped and tortured. This movie, you may want to ask yourself, "Why do I want to see this movie?"

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

Should Seventh Day Adventists Go To The Movies? 1 month 2 weeks ago #87966

• TravelPastel
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 615
Blue Tornado wrote:
In my opinion, it's okay for anyone to go to the movies. Ellen White advised against going because, back in her day, people would drink, smoke, and other garbage at the theater. Obviously, not anymore. The bigger question is the content of the movie you're going to see.

Take recently-released "Wonder." Based on a novel, it follows a boy with facial differences entering elementary school for the first time. This movie has a good message and good morals; plus, it's rated PG for thematic elements including bullying. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't see this movie.

Or take "Passion of the Christ." This Mel Gibson movie follows Jesus in His last 12 (or 24, I forgot) hours, leading up to His death. Since it follows Jesus, it's bound to have a good message and good morals; but it's rated R for violence involving the crucifixion. Gibson is very well-known for making violent movies, and this is no exception; he does not pull away from showing skin literally getting torn from Jesus' back when He's whipped and tortured. This movie, you may want to ask yourself, "Why do I want to see this movie?"
Yeah, there was this TV show that aired on the History channel called "The Bible" and my parents would watch it every time it aired. I wanted to watch too, but I would literally cover my eyes cause I can't deal with gore. The people who created the TV show series did an amazing job recreating the culture and stories of the Bible. But as you know, there are some pretty brutal wars and fights that happen in the Bible. For example, during Sampson's time when there were massacres... So yeah I didn't really watch it cause I don't do well with fighting and gore :S
too lazy to have a fancy signature rip
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
It's okay, you won't notice I'm gone ^O^

Should Seventh Day Adventists Go To The Movies? 1 month 2 weeks ago #87975

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3133
My sister and I tried to watch 'The Bible' once. It was so inaccurate and involved so much unnecessary gore that we couldn't bring ourselves to watch any more episodes :S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado, TravelPastel

Should Seventh Day Adventists Go To The Movies? 1 month 2 weeks ago #88120

• Etuc3
  • Jesus is my best freind
  • Thank you received: 36
Nothing is wrong with watching movies, but when you go to the cinema and we pay to watch the movie we don't know where the money is going. It could be going to benefit a demonic organisation as far as we know (which most of Hollywood is). And this is why i watch my movies online.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by bush possum. Reason: Contained link that breached copyright

Should Seventh Day Adventists Go To The Movies? 1 month 2 weeks ago #88130

• Blue Tornado
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 862
I tried to watch that show when it first came out, but I couldn't get past Lot getting out of Sodom because of the inaccuracies. Since I didn't make it very far, I don't remember very much gore. Was it really that bad?

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

Should Seventh Day Adventists Go To The Movies? 1 month 2 weeks ago #88140

• maplesyruphotel9
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Thank you received: 137
Of course, I think its fine to go to the Movies, I go a lot to the movies :)

but It honestly just depends on what your going to see..
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds