Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: so..

so.. 2 months 2 days ago #87416

• rushitaylor
  • it's personal! xD
  • Thank you received: 24
So... :dry: ehem. Sorry I haven't been around for some time now.

My birthday is in a few weeks and I was wondering..what I should do? In the past we never threw an actual party. We just have cake and that's about it. One of my family members thinks that birthdays are pagan and that we shouldn't celebrate it in any way.
I see the reason why, but in my own opinion I don't think it's bad to just be happy about birthdays because I'm thankful that God gave me another year filled with countless blessings.

What do you guys think?
Smile :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

so.. 2 months 2 days ago #87425

• emmykitty
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Don't be lasagna.
  • Thank you received: 323
Glad you're back! I like being happy about birthdays too because it's another year of your life to celebrate! I agree with what you said and I don't really see anything bad about celebrating another journey around the sun :cheer:

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
The following user(s) said Thank You: rushitaylor

so.. 2 months 2 days ago #87430

rushitaylor wrote:
So... :dry: ehem. Sorry I haven't been around for some time now.

My birthday is in a few weeks and I was wondering..what I should do? In the past we never threw an actual party. We just have cake and that's about it. One of my family members thinks that birthdays are pagan and that we shouldn't celebrate it in any way.
I see the reason why, but in my own opinion I don't think it's bad to just be happy about birthdays because I'm thankful that God gave me another year filled with countless blessings.

What do you guys think?
birthday's are pagan too now? what, does your family member want u to die XD
but personally i hang out with a few friends to do something that I like, etc. there are so many things that are pagan, we can't ignore all of them.

so.. 2 months 2 days ago #87436

• TravelPastel
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 615
First off: Happy early birthday!! And usually I would invite some friends over and we would eat and talk and sometimes have an "Amazing Race" sort of thing.

Or you could have a small family birthday where you just have a small party with just your family, where you buy some nice food and celebrate it that way :)

There are so many ways, let us know what you did when it happens!
too lazy to have a fancy signature rip
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
It's okay, you won't notice I'm gone ^O^

so.. 2 months 1 day ago #87444

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 432
Well, you could do something that honors God. For my 16th birthday, I had a birthday benefit; and instead of receiving gifts, I raised funds for the three ADRA projects I had picked. I ended up raising over $3000 and everyone had a lot of fun!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, rushitaylor

so.. 2 months 1 day ago #87483

• TravelPastel
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 615
sunnyside1 wrote:
Well, you could do something that honors God. For my 16th birthday, I had a birthday benefit; and instead of receiving gifts, I raised funds for the three ADRA projects I had picked. I ended up raising over $3000 and everyone had a lot of fun!
That is an AMAZING cause! My sister's friend collected money on her birthday to go to the "Save the fox" fund or something like that.
too lazy to have a fancy signature rip
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
It's okay, you won't notice I'm gone ^O^
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunnyside1

so.. 2 months 1 day ago #87487

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3136
sunnyside1 wrote:

That sounds so awesome! :woohoo:

so.. 2 months 1 day ago #87493

• rushitaylor
  • it's personal! xD
TravelPastel wrote:
First off: Happy early birthday!! And usually I would invite some friends over and we would eat and talk and sometimes have an "Amazing Race" sort of thing.

Or you could have a small family birthday where you just have a small party with just your family, where you buy some nice food and celebrate it that way :)

There are so many ways, let us know what you did when it happens!

Thanks! But I don't think I'll do anything :lol: :dry:

so.. 2 months 1 day ago #87494

• rushitaylor
  • it's personal! xD
sunnyside1 wrote:

That sounds fun!

so.. 2 months 20 hours ago #87512

sunnyside1 wrote:
That's amazing!! :woohoo:

so.. 2 months 19 hours ago #87522

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3136
@taylor

This might help

Birthdays—a Time to Praise God—Under the Jewish economy on the birth of children an offering was made to God, by His own appointment. Now we see parents taking special pains to present gifts to their children upon their birthdays; they make this an occasion of honoring the child, as though honor were due to the human being. Satan has had his own way in these things; he has diverted the minds and the gifts to human beings; thus the thoughts of the children are turned to themselves, as if they were to be made the objects of special favor.... AH 473.2

On birthday occasions the children should be taught that they have reason for gratitude to God for His loving-kindness in preserving their lives for another year. Precious lessons might thus be given. For life, health, food, and clothing, no less than for the hope of eternal life, we are indebted to the Giver of all mercies; and it is due to God to recognize His gifts and to present our offerings of gratitude to our greatest benefactor. These birthday gifts are recognized of Heaven.5 AH 473.3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marme101, sunnyside1, horsegirl04, LolingforJesus, rushitaylor

so.. 2 months 16 hours ago #87560

• rushitaylor
  • it's personal! xD
Quirky wrote:
@taylor

This might help

Birthdays—a Time to Praise God—Under the Jewish economy on the birth of children an offering was made to God, by His own appointment. Now we see parents taking special pains to present gifts to their children upon their birthdays; they make this an occasion of honoring the child, as though honor were due to the human being. Satan has had his own way in these things; he has diverted the minds and the gifts to human beings; thus the thoughts of the children are turned to themselves, as if they were to be made the objects of special favor.... AH 473.2

On birthday occasions the children should be taught that they have reason for gratitude to God for His loving-kindness in preserving their lives for another year. Precious lessons might thus be given. For life, health, food, and clothing, no less than for the hope of eternal life, we are indebted to the Giver of all mercies; and it is due to God to recognize His gifts and to present our offerings of gratitude to our greatest benefactor. These birthday gifts are recognized of Heaven.5 AH 473.3

Woah, thanks! This cleared up a few things for me :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

so.. 1 month 3 weeks ago #87772

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 568
Is it okay to give gifts to someone?
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

so.. 1 month 3 weeks ago #87800

• maplesyruphotel9
  • NOW ONLINE
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Thank you received: 137
yes girl, you should definitely celebrate your birthday :woohoo:
God gave you another year so that's awsm :)
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)

so.. 1 month 3 weeks ago #87814

Is it a fanily member as in parent, or relative like grandparent or uncle? If it's a relative, I say go ahead and celebrate, they shouldn't dictate how your family lives.

Also, with all the other reasons people have given, I think you have plenty of reasons why to think it isn't bad. Plus, it's not bad that it's a self-centered occasion, it's one day of the year, and everybody deserves to get some attention.
You just wasted your time reading this meaningless signature...

so.. 1 month 3 weeks ago #87821

• rushitaylor
  • it's personal! xD
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Is it okay to give gifts to someone?

To be honest, I still sneak gifts that I'm going to give to my friends on their birthdays. I put them in my school bag the day before :lol:

so.. 1 month 3 weeks ago #87822

• rushitaylor
  • it's personal! xD
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
yes girl, you should definitely celebrate your birthday :woohoo:
God gave you another year so that's awsm :)

That's true :lol: :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: maplesyruphotel9

so.. 1 month 3 weeks ago #87823

• rushitaylor
  • it's personal! xD
endershadow112 wrote:
Is it a fanily member as in parent, or relative like grandparent or uncle? If it's a relative, I say go ahead and celebrate, they shouldn't dictate how your family lives.

Also, with all the other reasons people have given, I think you have plenty of reasons why to think it isn't bad. Plus, it's not bad that it's a self-centered occasion, it's one day of the year, and everybody deserves to get some attention.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds