Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate)

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 4 weeks ago #87310

• TravelPastel
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 615
So my classmate/friend of mine, he's an amazing person and really well rounded and is sometimes quite kind. A few years ago, he asked me "So... Do you do Christmas? Like Christmas tree or exchange gifts? Not necessarily Santa and all that... Do you know what I mean?" And I answered, yes we do Christmas, it's a huge thing in Filipino culture (he's Filipino too). Then he said casually, "Oh. My family doesn't do Christmas at all cause it's pagan." And I've just been thinking about that in the back of my head for a while... Like, not even gifts or nativity plays?

So I asked my parents and they said "Well, houses are pagan and chairs are pagan. Maybe even our language. But God can bring good things out of bad things."

So I'm just wondering your guys' opinion, about this Christmas thing.
too lazy to have a fancy signature rip
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
It's okay, you won't notice I'm gone ^O^
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 4 weeks ago #87323

Christmas isn't the real birth date of Jesus, he was probably born in October or November. However, Ellen White had some counsel saying that Christmas should be celebrated by giving gifts to the poor and sharing the ultimate gift. So, I say it's fine to celebrate Christmas, provided you don't forget why you're celebrating it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marme101, Quirky, sunnyside1, Blue Tornado, missionarykid, horsegirl04, Etuc3, jGod8865, maplesyruphotel9, LolingforJesus and this user have 1 others thankyou

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 4 weeks ago #87324

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3133
@CLUR, I really like that answer!
Last Edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Quirky.

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 4 weeks ago #87332

• Kwesi
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Thank you received: 1394
I never did Christmas, It seemed dumb(No offense), To celebrate someone's birthday on the wrong date.

And christmas is not about Christ, It is a scam by stores to spend more money.

I am not joking. :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, pathfinder4ever

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 4 weeks ago #87336

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3133
I personally don't celebrate Christmas anymore, mostly because of its origins (its basically baptised paganism). But if some one wants to use that time to focus on GIVING to others (not focusing on their personally gift list) then I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwesi

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 4 weeks ago #87344

• maplesyruphotel9
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Thank you received: 137
i definitely agree with you, CLUR///
they're tons of things that are pagan, but that doesn't mean that you have to celebrate paganism on Christmas :S
Even though we all know that Christmas is not Jesus' exact birthday, My family still celebrates Jesus on CHristmas and getting together with family and giving gifts :)
I loveeee Christmas, idk about you guys, but it's always been rly special for my family :P
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 4 weeks ago #87377

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 430
We do celebrate christmas. But we don't do santa claus. we do it to celebrate Jesus coming to the earth. The problem is that people have done what Kwesi said, they took christmas as an opportunity to get money.

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 4 weeks ago #87378

• LEMONwizard
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I trust God. Do you?
  • Thank you received: 130
Kwesi wrote:
I never did Christmas, It seemed dumb(No offense), To celebrate someone's birthday on the wrong date.

I only partially agree with you. It is on the wrong date, but there's a reason for that, I'm sure.
Christmas seems to not be about Christ anymore, and stores use it to make more money. ButComeLetUsReason wrote:
Christmas isn't the real birth date of Jesus, he was probably born in October or November. However, Ellen White had some counsel saying that Christmas should be celebrated by giving gifts to the poor and sharing the ultimate gift. So, I say it's fine to celebrate Christmas, provided you don't forget why you're celebrating it.
TRUST GOD with EVERYTHING because GOD HOLDS EVERYTHING and HE WON'T LET GO

#StvernoIsAFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement
When Emmy01 can't, I will fight for the pencil.
INFP, -A/-T (mediator) according to 16personalities.com

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 4 weeks ago #87385

Christmas is LIFE :P
no jk but Christmas is my fav holiday and in response to that, I know so many people who do not like Christmas, but as EGW says, it's a great way to witness to people. And so many grumpy people I know become cheered up during Christmas! I don't see what's wrong with Christmas at all :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: maplesyruphotel9

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 4 weeks ago #87392

• Blue Tornado
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 862
LEMONwizard wrote:
Kwesi wrote:

I only partially agree with you. It is on the wrong date, but there's a reason for that, I'm sure.
Christmas seems to not be about Christ anymore, and stores use it to make more money. ButComeLetUsReason wrote:

Wow, I have never seen anyone successfully pull off quoting two people in one post, good job

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 4 weeks ago #87466

true but. The true meaning of christmas is..... JESUS BIRTH! that all that matters
Hi! I'm an SDA! Head deacon's daughter! I am A Faithful pathfinder. And I love jesus!

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 4 weeks ago #87481

• TravelPastel
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 615
Whitetiger456 wrote:
true but. The true meaning of christmas is..... JESUS BIRTH! that all that matters
Hey, welcome to Guide Whitetiger!! Great profile pic btw! Hope you enjoy your stay here ;)
too lazy to have a fancy signature rip
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
It's okay, you won't notice I'm gone ^O^

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 3 weeks ago #87515

TravelPastel wrote:
Whitetiger456 wrote:
Hey, welcome to Guide Whitetiger!! Great profile pic btw! Hope you enjoy your stay here ;)
Yes welcome white tiger!
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 3 weeks ago #87816

I don't think there's anything wrong with it being pagan. It's not like the Catholic church traditions which are pagan, because it doesn't alter the way we worship. Basically, it doesn't affect how we worship or think about christ, so there's nothing wrong with it.
You just wasted your time reading this meaningless signature...
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 2 weeks ago #88121

• Etuc3
  • Jesus is my best freind
  • Thank you received: 36
Well my family does not celebrate Christmas but we acknowledge the fact that Jesus was born. But we get presents on New Years Day to take us into the new year.
And yes i kinda think that Christmas is Pagan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Christmas is pagan, and we shouldn't partake in it. (debate) 1 month 1 week ago #88166

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 481
I wish I my parents would be convinced to celebrate Christmas during summer. We’re all home cause they’re teachers but it’s all about tradition. Tradition is stupid when it gets in the way of other things imo.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds