Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Someone has a crush on my dad....

Someone has a crush on my dad.... 2 weeks 2 days ago #86873

• LolingforJesus
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, pianos, friends, and Bible Experience
  • Thank you received: 208
:(
well let me just tell the story.

My dad is a pastor and at his church one of the members is his secretary. They are really good friends, because they get along really well. When I was young I noticed that they were really close, and that she was always touching him. My mom also noticed it and began to fight with my dad about it. He said there was nothing to it. I didn't believe him.

Fast forward 6 years.
My sista and I were about to go to a baseball game with the secretary lady (I'll call her Sarah), my parents, and another family. We were just hanging out and all of the sudden I was like, "We should ask Auntie (she makes everyone call her auntie) Sarah if she likes my dad!"
My sista and I started laughing. We both knew she did, it was pretty obvious. "Do you really think we should?"
"Yes!" I said confidently.
We asked Auntie Sarah if we could ride in her car to the game. She said yes, because we always hang out.
When we got in the car, my sista nudged me. I nervously said, "Auntie we have a question."
"Ask away."
"Do you... like my dad?"
She froze but then tried to play it off. "No! He's my pastor!" She laughed nervously. Keep in mind she is married.
I wasn't buying it. She then stopped laughing and turned to us. "Does it seem like I do?"
"Yes!" We both said.
Well eventually we kept pressing her and she finally cracked. "You can't tell anyone!"
We both promised. At first I felt accomplished for figuring it out, but after a few weeks, it just felt weird keeping it from my dad. My mom was still upset, and I felt really guilty for keeping it a secret. Just a few days ago my mom and my dad were talking about that, and she was like "I wonder if Sarah likes you!"
"No!" My dad said. He didn't think she did, but I knew she did. I held my breath but finally they got off the conversation.

At first it was funny, but now it's really bothering me. What do you guys think I should do?
Sorry for the long paragraph lol

HAPPY BDAY TP!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Someone has a crush on my dad.... 2 weeks 1 day ago #86883

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1090
Tell your parents. You don't have to keep anything a secret from your parents!!
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, LolingforJesus

Someone has a crush on my dad.... 2 weeks 1 day ago #86886

• LolingforJesus
  • NOW ONLINE
bush possum wrote:

I would just feel so bad for that lady though... she really doesn't want to have a crush on my dad but she does...... :(

HAPPY BDAY TP!!!!

Someone has a crush on my dad.... 2 weeks 19 hours ago #86911

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
LolingforJesus wrote:
bush possum wrote:

I would just feel so bad for that lady though... she really doesn't want to have a crush on my dad but she does...... :(
Philippians 4:13 says I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. That means it's possible to give your feelings to God and let Him help you with the struggle. The Bible calls lusting after a person adultery, so even wishing is out of the question. I realise it's a tough situation, but I believe that you should tell your parents. If your dad honestly thinks that she doesn't like him, then he needs to know so that he can remove himself out of any questionable situations. If it's obvious that Sarah likes him, then surely other people will have noticed as well, or? In that case, people will be watching. The Bible says that we should avoid even the appearance of evil!
I'm praying that this situation works out to God's glory :)
Romans 8:28
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, nadcombo, horsegirl04, LolingforJesus

Someone has a crush on my dad.... 1 week 6 days ago #86925

• LolingforJesus
  • NOW ONLINE
bush possum wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
bush possum wrote:

Philippians 4:13 says I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. That means it's possible to give your feelings to God and let Him help you with the struggle. The Bible calls lusting after a person adultery, so even wishing is out of the question. I realise it's a tough situation, but I believe that you should tell your parents. If your dad honestly thinks that she doesn't like him, then he needs to know so that he can remove himself out of any questionable situations. If it's obvious that Sarah likes him, then surely other people will have noticed as well, or? In that case, people will be watching. The Bible says that we should avoid even the appearance of evil!
You're right. And yes I believe some other people have noticed. I will tell my dad first, however, because if I told my mom (she has a little bit of mental illness) she would freak out on Sarah, and Sarah is very sensitive. I'll update you guys on what happens :)

HAPPY BDAY TP!!!!

Someone has a crush on my dad.... 1 week 5 days ago #86938

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
LolingforJesus wrote:
bush possum wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
bush possum wrote:

You're right. And yes I believe some other people have noticed. I will tell my dad first, however, because if I told my mom (she has a little bit of mental illness) she would freak out on Sarah, and Sarah is very sensitive. I'll update you guys on what happens :)
I'll be praying that the situation goes well, and that everything works out to God's glory :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus

Someone has a crush on my dad.... 1 week 5 days ago #86948

• LolingforJesus
  • NOW ONLINE
Thanks @bushpossum for the advice.
I told my dad last night, and honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Turns out he sorta thought she might. I do feel a little bad for putting the stress on him, but I feel a lot better and I feel like I did the right thing. I just hope Sarah doesn't hate me for it lol.

Anyways, thanks :)

HAPPY BDAY TP!!!!

Someone has a crush on my da 1 week 3 days ago #87009

• CherryBomb
  • I am a gymnast, I love Roblox, And i love God! :3
  • Thank you received: 18
LolingforJesus wrote:
Thanks @bushpossum for the advice.
I told my dad last night, and honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Turns out he sorta thought she might. I do feel a little bad for putting the stress on him, but I feel a lot better and I feel like I did the right thing. I just hope Sarah doesn't hate me for it lol.

Anyways, thanks :)
I hope you parents stop fighting! anywhay, Im glad that you feel better
Im CherryBomb99100 on Bonk.io, On ROBLOX I'm Kittycat99100, and on Chat on guide I'm lovegirl99100. And everywhere I'm a WEARDO!!! LOL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds