• Thank you received: 523
Quirky wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
I've read that manga! What I mean someone should make anime adaptation of that manga.
Yeah! It'd be so cool. I bet there is something like that out there, maybe.

There's this weird anime tho called Saint Young Men where it's an alternate universe where Buddha and Jesus are best friends in a college O.o I saw it on that one video of GMM I watched.
Sounds a bit blasphemous. But it's fictional, so whatever.

Sooo its okay to watch things that blaspheme God?? :huh:
Plus the whole Ladybug/Chat Noir (which I started watching and ten minutes later decided never to watch again [that's the only anime that I've ever watched, and it'll be the last as well]) is a love story where they're fighting against the baddies. 1. Love stories aren't good for the brain (go read Messages to Young People on the 'Reading' chapter), and it's like the whole good/bad fight is a mimic of the great controversy, so why watch a fake one when you can watch and take part in the real one?!
It's so much more fun when you can actually do something about a storyline that you don't like. Plus, God loves us waaaayyy more than Marrionette loves Adrian, and more than Adrian loves Ladybug, and more than Ladybug loves Chat Noir, or whichever way that thing is :S Point is, God is waiting for you to find out how much He loves you while you're there glued to the screen watching a fake love story.
Also can you explain why love stories aren’t good for the brain? I’m a bit curious :)

This is about fiction when it comes to books since that kinda all they had for entertainment back in the 1800s (besides theaters and stuff), but it applies to what we watch just as much as what we read.

The Effect of Fiction

"Many of the youth say, “I have no time to study my lesson.” But what are they doing? Some are crowding in every moment to earn a few cents more, when this time pressed into work, if given to the study of the Bible would, if they practiced its lessons, save them more than the amount gained by overwork. It would save much that is expended in needless ornaments, and preserve vigor of mind to understand the mystery of godliness. “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.” MYP 290.1
But these very youth who profess to be Christians gratify the desires of the carnal heart in following their own inclinations; and God-given, probationary time, granted them to become acquainted with the precious truths of the Bible, is devoted to the reading of fictitious tales. This habit once formed is difficult to overcome; but it can be done, it must be done by all who are candidates for the heavenly world. MYP 290.2
That mind is ruined which is allowed to be absorbed in story-reading. The imagination becomes diseased, sentimentalism takes possession of the mind, and there is a vague unrest, a strange appetite for unwholesome mental food, which is constantly unbalancing the mind. Thousands are today in the insane asylum whose minds became unbalanced by novel reading, which results in air-castle building and love-sick sentimentalism.—The Signs of the Times, January 10, 1905. MYP 290.3"
So in other words, fiction can distract young people and make the Bible seem boring by comparison. Is that what Mrs. White is saying?
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by SirGeneralCliche. Reason: Poor wording
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Anime 1 month 4 days ago #86119

• ken10wil
  • bossome
  • Thank you received: 82
Quirky wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
I've read that manga! What I mean someone should make anime adaptation of that manga.

There's this weird anime tho called Saint Young Men where it's an alternate universe where Buddha and Jesus are best friends in a college O.o I saw it on that one video of GMM I watched.

There is a difference between comedy, parodies and blasphemy.
This work is not trying to shame or insult God. It's simply taking the common cultural tropes associated with Buddha and Jesus and using it to create comedy. These shows are not claiming this is who God is, or how God behaves. They simply make a character based on the stereotypes of Christianity and Buddhism and use it to make a comedic anime. I hate when people talk about how modern media hates god/and or pretends he doesn't exist it's blasphemy and proof of moral degradation. but when they portray Jesus, as a joke, to avoid the huge problem that would arise from portraying Jesus accurately to the Bible (with the numerous interpretations of Jesus) its just as much of a problem. Wow. Im shook. I once presented a game pitch for an RPG version of a Pilgrim's Progress (in order to fufill a promise i made as a small child that if i did become a game developer instead of a missionary i would still use my job to glorify God) i was told it was bad and she was disappointed i would present such a thing as a Bible based game because it has violence. People like u and her make it so hard for anyone to make any christian related media that isn't strictly preaching or some bible quiz game, like The Bible Game which was literally Mario Party except the turn order was decided by who answered a question the fastest.
cuz liberalism is a mental disease and video games are awesome
favorite text:
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:12
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro

Anime 1 month 4 days ago #86153

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 542
Quirky wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

Plus the whole Ladybug/Chat Noir (which I started watching and ten minutes later decided never to watch again [that's the only anime that I've ever watched, and it'll be the last as well]) is a love story where they're fighting against the baddies. 1. Love stories aren't good for the brain (go read Messages to Young People on the 'Reading' chapter), and it's like the whole good/bad fight is a mimic of the great controversy, so why watch a fake one when you can watch and take part in the real one?!
It's so much more fun when you can actually do something about a storyline that you don't like. Plus, God loves us waaaayyy more than Marrionette loves Adrian, and more than Adrian loves Ladybug, and more than Ladybug loves Chat Noir, or whichever way that thing is :S Point is, God is waiting for you to find out how much He loves you while you're there glued to the screen watching a fake love story.
Also can you explain why love stories aren’t good for the brain? I’m a bit curious :)

This is about fiction when it comes to books since that kinda all they had for entertainment back in the 1800s (besides theaters and stuff), but it applies to what we watch just as much as what we read.

The Effect of Fiction

"Many of the youth say, “I have no time to study my lesson.” But what are they doing? Some are crowding in every moment to earn a few cents more, when this time pressed into work, if given to the study of the Bible would, if they practiced its lessons, save them more than the amount gained by overwork. It would save much that is expended in needless ornaments, and preserve vigor of mind to understand the mystery of godliness. “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.” MYP 290.1
But these very youth who profess to be Christians gratify the desires of the carnal heart in following their own inclinations; and God-given, probationary time, granted them to become acquainted with the precious truths of the Bible, is devoted to the reading of fictitious tales. This habit once formed is difficult to overcome; but it can be done, it must be done by all who are candidates for the heavenly world. MYP 290.2
That mind is ruined which is allowed to be absorbed in story-reading. The imagination becomes diseased, sentimentalism takes possession of the mind, and there is a vague unrest, a strange appetite for unwholesome mental food, which is constantly unbalancing the mind. Thousands are today in the insane asylum whose minds became unbalanced by novel reading, which results in air-castle building and love-sick sentimentalism.—The Signs of the Times, January 10, 1905. MYP 290.3"
“Sentimentalism takes possession of the mind, there is vague unrest” and “love sick sentimentalism” is something I can really relate to. It got to a point where I couldn’t handle myself and I was so distracted and I almost didn’t pass Grade 9. But that was because I was infatuated with this one guy, not a book or tv show ;)
Eyyy it's my birthday month!! 18th is my day of arrival on this planet >O<
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

Anime 1 month 2 days ago #86194

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2962
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Quirky wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

The Effect of Fiction

So in other words, fiction can distract young people and make the Bible seem boring by comparison. Is that what Mrs. White is saying?

Basically. And i can attest to the fact that its true. I remember reading this fictional book and finding it really hard to read and study my bible. I made a deal with myself that for every minute that I read the fiction book, that's how long I would read my bible. Of course, the whole thing was a failure even before it began. I would find excuses not to study my bible, going so far as to say that it didn't really count if I read my fictional book in the bathroom ( :whistle: ). I just found the bible hard to understand. Besides, why go through all of the tiring mental effort to study the Word of God when I could easily pick up an exciting story, understanding every word of it, and go disappear into a world of fantasy where I could live out all of my unrealistic dreams?

I actually wrote a story about this whole experience to submit to Insight Magazine but idk whats going on with them so...ya know

@ken10wil, i was using the word "blasphemy" because that was the word ComeLetUsReason used to describe the Jesus/Buddha show thing and I thought that it was strange that it was okay to watch 'blasphemous' shows as long as they were fictional. I didn't really understand your response though. Do you mind restating the basic principle of the idea that you were trying to put forth? (lol, since when do I use the word "forth" :blink: ?

@Travel Pastel, I understand. Sister White talks about the effects of reading romances and stuff somewhere else but I forget where. Maybe I'll post it later (muahaha!). Do you mind me asking why you were so infatuated with the guy? I have an idea of what the root 'cause could have possibly been, but I'm probably wrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, TravelPastel

Anime 1 month 1 day ago #86203

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
Quirky wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Quirky wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

The Effect of Fiction

Basically. And i can attest to the fact that its true. I remember reading this fictional book and finding it really hard to read and study my bible. I made a deal with myself that for every minute that I read the fiction book, that's how long I would read my bible. Of course, the whole thing was a failure even before it began. I would find excuses not to study my bible, going so far as to say that it didn't really count if I read my fictional book in the bathroom ( :whistle: ). I just found the bible hard to understand. Besides, why go through all of the tiring mental effort to study the Word of God when I could easily pick up an exciting story, understanding every word of it, and go disappear into a world of fantasy where I could live out all of my unrealistic dreams?

I actually wrote a story about this whole experience to submit to Insight Magazine but idk whats going on with them so...ya know

@ken10wil, i was using the word "blasphemy" because that was the word ComeLetUsReason used to describe the Jesus/Buddha show thing and I thought that it was strange that it was okay to watch 'blasphemous' shows as long as they were fictional. I didn't really understand your response though. Do you mind restating the basic principle of the idea that you were trying to put forth? (lol, since when do I use the word "forth" :blink: ?

@Travel Pastel, I understand. Sister White talks about the effects of reading romances and stuff somewhere else but I forget where. Maybe I'll post it later (muahaha!). Do you mind me asking why you were so infatuated with the guy? I have an idea of what the root 'cause could have possibly been, but I'm probably wrong
Also that's a really interesting story Quirky!! I can relate x)
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

Anime 4 weeks 16 hours ago #86350

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
Quirky wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Quirky wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

The Effect of Fiction

Alright, I get what Mrs. White is saying. That raises the question, though; should we avoid all types of fiction, on all platforms, at all times? Is there room for even a little fictional entertainment in our lives? Or should we abstain from everything fictional?

Anime 4 weeks 17 minutes ago #86422

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
Quirky wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Quirky wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

The Effect of Fiction

Can I ask what you think the root of the cause could have possibly been? I just want to see what you think x)
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

Anime 3 weeks 6 days ago #86466

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1085
Thanks, Quirky, for basically responding for me lol.
TravelPastel, love stories excite the brain and use mental energy that should be used for God's service. I'm struggling with my words ATM because I'm sleep deprived, thanks to my gorgeous little nephew smh... But I put the whole thing to a test, because I had the same problem Quirky did. I compeletly cleaned out my book collection, which had not a few "good, clean, 'Christian' love stories" in it. I put 'Christian' in apostrophes, because it's not really Christian. Just because the lovers in the story "are Christians" doesn't mean that that is how it should be. True love, which God wants us to have, is not something that causes blushing, stuttering, clumsiness, and flirting. True love "suffers long, and is kind. Does not envy, does not show itself off, does not behave rudely, is not self centred, does not provoke, thinks no evil, doesn't rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all thing, hopes all thing, endures all thing. It never fails." We shouldn't be in a relationship because we're craving attention, love, and someone to cuddle and tell us we're beautiful/handsome. If we're seeking for that, then we need a wake up call that we're headed on the road to bitterness. People will never be 100% trustworthy 100% of the time. If we look to God to satisfy our longing to be loved, our longing to be held, our longing to be told that we're beautiful/handsome because we were made in His image, our longing to be truly valued by someone, then we will be able to love a man/woman that God may bring into our lives.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TRAVELPASTEL, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! Hip-hip Hooray! :D
May God bless you in this new year of life :)

1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, lovenikki7, TravelPastel

Anime 3 weeks 6 days ago #86467

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
I'm doing this in two parts, cos I didn't want to lose what I'd already written lol.
The reason we should have for getting married (if that is in God's perfect plan for our lives) should be to combine talents with someone else who is devoted to God so that we can be twice as useful as if we were working by ourselves.

And back to what I was talking about before I got sidetracked *facepalm".
I cleaned out all the books where the plot was about a guy and a girl and their relationship, however clean it was, because I was REALLY struggling with my relationship with God. I was lying to my mum about having done my quiet time. I was cheating myself out of the best relationship on earth, I was cheating on my mum, and I was cheating on God, because He has first claim on me as my Creator. Anyways, I tore up and burned all the books, and for the next few weeks, I was soooo bored with the books that were left. I still didn't want to do my quiet time, but I did it because I knew it was the right thing to do. One important lesson that everyone needs to learn at some point or other is that we cannot rely on feelings to tell whether we should do something or not. "The heart is exceedingly wicked and deceitful above all things." But I stuck to doing my quiet time every morning, and I would read a certain amount, not find anything interesting, but ask God to lead me anyway. (Something else that I learned that is super important is that you should never open the Bible without prayer. The Word of God is the Sword of the Spirit, and if you don't have your Sword Teacher's supervision on how to handle the weapon, then you could seriously injure yourself and others." Gradually I started to get something out of my quiet time—a little point here, another point there. This process took months, and because I didn't rely fully upon God for the strength to do what was right, I took a few steps backwards at times. But thanks to God's amazing mercy, which is new every morning (Lamentations 3), I kept moving forward until I enjoy doing my quiet time now :) God has actually helped me to do my quiet time every morning before touching technology (with two exceptions) for almost 7 months now!! That's a HUGE victory... And that victory is available for anyone who takes God at His word when He says that I can do all things in His strength (Philippians 4:13). I am so much happier now that I trust God with the plans for my life, I wouldn't exchange it for the most perfect, Hollywood love story, because even those things don't always turn out right.

I still make mistakes, but with God's help I will be a conqueror in His strength :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TRAVELPASTEL, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! Hip-hip Hooray! :D

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by bush possum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, lovenikki7, TravelPastel

Anime 3 weeks 6 days ago #86479

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
bush possum wrote:
I'm doing this in two parts, cos I didn't want to lose what I'd already written lol.
The reason we should have for getting married (if that is in God's perfect plan for our lives) should be to combine talents with someone else who is devoted to God so that we can be twice as useful as if we were working by ourselves.

I cleaned out all the books where the plot was about a guy and a girl and their relationship, however clean it was, because I was REALLY struggling with my relationship with God. I was lying to my mum about having done my quiet time. I was cheating myself out of the best relationship on earth, I was cheating on my mum, and I was cheating on God, because He has first claim on me as my Creator. Anyways, I tore up and burned all the books, and for the next few weeks, I was soooo bored with the books that were left. I still didn't want to do my quiet time, but I did it because I knew it was the right thing to do. One important lesson that everyone needs to learn at some point or other is that we cannot rely on feelings to tell whether we should do something or not. "The heart is exceedingly wicked and deceitful above all things." But I stuck to doing my quiet time every morning, and I would read a certain amount, not find anything interesting, but ask God to lead me anyway. (Something else that I learned that is super important is that you should never open the Bible without prayer. The Word of God is the Sword of the Spirit, and if you don't have your Sword Teacher's supervision on how to handle the weapon, then you could seriously injure yourself and others." Gradually I started to get something out of my quiet time—a little point here, another point there. This process took months, and because I didn't rely fully upon God for the strength to do what was right, I took a few steps backwards at times. But thanks to God's amazing mercy, which is new every morning (Lamentations 3), I kept moving forward until I enjoy doing my quiet time now :) God has actually helped me to do my quiet time every morning before touching technology (with two exceptions) for almost 7 months now!! That's a HUGE victory... And that victory is available for anyone who takes God at His word when He says that I can do all things in His strength (Philippians 4:13). I am so much happier now that I trust God with the plans for my life, I wouldn't exchange it for the most perfect, Hollywood love story, because even those things don't always turn out right.

I still make mistakes, but with God's help I will be a conqueror in His strength :)
Thank you so much for that BP. I'll try doing the quiet time like you said! Which books did you read during that time?

Also... There's this thing that's keeping me from really loving God's love... God says "I love you" to every single person and it just doesn't make it special for me anymore.... But that's probably just Satan whispering in the back of my head >O<

Thank you BP!!
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

Anime 3 weeks 6 days ago #86482

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
@Sir, well, lets think about it. How much sin will God allow into heaven? If we know that something is wrong, would it be wise to continue to partake in it?

James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

I'm speaking to myself more than anyone. But, to answer your question, I do think that we should get to the point where we don't rely on fiction for entertainment. God has brought me a loooooong way in this area, and I still have more to overcome.

....Idk what else to say soooo...I'm done. I hope that makes sense.

Anime 3 weeks 6 days ago #86483

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
@TravelPastel, I was thinking that maybe the love stories that you were indulging in (for lack of a better word) may have been affecting how you perceive real life romantic relationships. I remember you saying that you live out your love life vicariously through the love stories. Do you think that in doing that, an unrealistic idea was formed in your mind of what romantic relationships should look like?

Idk, those are just my thoughts based on my own experience (I have another story about that if ya want to hear it).
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

Anime 3 weeks 5 days ago #86497

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
TravelPastel wrote:
bush possum wrote:

Thank you so much for that BP. I'll try doing the quiet time like you said! Which books did you read during that time?

Also... There's this thing that's keeping me from really loving God's love... God says "I love you" to every single person and it just doesn't make it special for me anymore.... But that's probably just Satan whispering in the back of my head >O<

Thank you BP!!
You're welcome! I'm glad that my experience can help someone :) random but cool, when I was little I used to wish that I had a special testimony such as coming out of the drug world or something like that lol!! I was quite disappointed that I didn't have one.... but the other day I was thinking, I have a testimony, and it will reach a different group to what I had wished for, but it can still help people :) I'm glad that God doesn't answer all of our prayers with a 'Yes', or even immediately, cos His plans are WAAAAYYYY better lol.
For my spiritual breakfast, the main course is Bible, best served fresh. But you really need an appetiser beforehand, so make sure you pray and ask for the Holy Spirit! Then after the Bible (when I started I set myself a 2 page minimum. You may want to read more or less, but try and up the goal every week or so) I read Steps to Christ (with prayer again, prayer makes everything better ;) ) I read until I find something that jumps out to me, which is usually only a paragraph lol, there's so much in that wonderful book!! Then I ask God to show me how to apply that to my life. I also highly recommend starting your own little prayer list. There's something about praying for others, it's kinda like a motivation that you can't let them down, even when you don't want to pray yourself. I started with 7 people back in January(?) when the church was running the 10 Days of Prayer. Since then my list has grown to over 50 people lol!! And remember, do something because you know it's right, not because you feel like it (or don't feel like it).

In regards to God telling every other girl that He loves them as well—do your parents tell you they love you regularly? As far as I remember you have a few siblings. My guess is they tell your siblings that they love them as well. Does that make their love for you any less? No. Your parents love each of you with all their heart. It's hard to understand, but it's true. God's heart is so much bigger, and He can love so many more people than us, and much more perfectly than we ever could, so just because He tells lots of people that He loves them it doesn't make His love for you any less :) you're a child of the King of Kings, and if He cares about the sparrows, and hairs on your head, then He cares much more for His own child!! <3

The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, TravelPastel

Anime 3 weeks 5 days ago #86498

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
@SirGeneralCliche
We read this as part of our family worship this morning, and I think this is perfect in response to your question about reading any fiction at all :)

The Lord has shown me the danger of letting our minds be filled with worldly thoughts and cares. I saw that some minds are led away from present truth and a love of the Holy Bible by reading other exciting books; others are filled with perplexity and care for what they shall eat, drink, and wear. Some are looking too far off for the coming of the Lord. Time has continued a few years longer than they expected; therefore they think it may continue a few years more, and in this way their minds are being led from present truth, out after the world. In these things I saw great danger; for if the mind is filled with other things, present truth is shut out, and there is no place in our foreheads for the seal of the living God. I saw that the time for Jesus to be in the most holy place was nearly finished and that time can last but a very little longer. What leisure time we have should be spent in searching the Bible, which is to judge us in the last day. – {EW 58.1}

Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by bush possum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Anime 3 weeks 5 days ago #86505

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
Quirky wrote:
@TravelPastel, I was thinking that maybe the love stories that you were indulging in (for lack of a better word) may have been affecting how you perceive real life romantic relationships. I remember you saying that you live out your love life vicariously through the love stories. Do you think that in doing that, an unrealistic idea was formed in your mind of what romantic relationships should look like?

Idk, those are just my thoughts based on my own experience (I have another story about that if ya want to hear it).
Haha, I said I live my love life through other people's stories meaning that I have no love life so I just look at other people's stories, like my friend who has very cute relationship with her boyfriend >O<
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

Anime 3 weeks 5 days ago #86506

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
bush possum wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
bush possum wrote:

Thank you BP!!
You're welcome! I'm glad that my experience can help someone :) random but cool, when I was little I used to wish that I had a special testimony such as coming out of the drug world or something like that lol!! I was quite disappointed that I didn't have one.... but the other day I was thinking, I have a testimony, and it will reach a different group to what I had wished for, but it can still help people :) I'm glad that God doesn't answer all of our prayers with a 'Yes', or even immediately, cos His plans are WAAAAYYYY better lol.
For my spiritual breakfast, the main course is Bible, best served fresh. But you really need an appetiser beforehand, so make sure you pray and ask for the Holy Spirit! Then after the Bible (when I started I set myself a 2 page minimum. You may want to read more or less, but try and up the goal every week or so) I read Steps to Christ (with prayer again, prayer makes everything better ;) ) I read until I find something that jumps out to me, which is usually only a paragraph lol, there's so much in that wonderful book!! Then I ask God to show me how to apply that to my life. I also highly recommend starting your own little prayer list. There's something about praying for others, it's kinda like a motivation that you can't let them down, even when you don't want to pray yourself. I started with 7 people back in January(?) when the church was running the 10 Days of Prayer. Since then my list has grown to over 50 people lol!! And remember, do something because you know it's right, not because you feel like it (or don't feel like it).

In regards to God telling every other girl that He loves them as well—do your parents tell you they love you regularly? As far as I remember you have a few siblings. My guess is they tell your siblings that they love them as well. Does that make their love for you any less? No. Your parents love each of you with all their heart. It's hard to understand, but it's true. God's heart is so much bigger, and He can love so many more people than us, and much more perfectly than we ever could, so just because He tells lots of people that He loves them it doesn't make His love for you any less :) you're a child of the King of Kings, and if He cares about the sparrows, and hairs on your head, then He cares much more for His own child!! <3
Thank you so much bush possum. You're truly an inspiration!! Your story has helped me immensely and thanks for explaining that last bit!!
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

Anime 2 weeks 3 hours ago #86814

• maplesyruphotel9
  • NOW ONLINE
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Thank you received: 131
Ruthie wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
my mom says the same thing! :silly:
My friend watches Anime alot, and She wants me to watch it with her, and I might haha
Some type of anime can be devilish and all that stuff, but The anime she watches is not like that, so It depends
maplesyruphotel9 I have a question. Your avatar is miraculous ladybug and chat noir. So is that a good one or is it a bad one?
sorry I didn't reply alot sooner Ruthie!! haha :lol:
I love Miraculous Ladybug ahh :woohoo: its such a good show, It's not Anime, its just cartoon lol
Many people think the show is for little kids, but its not , its good for people around my age :)
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)

Anime 1 week 6 days ago #86832

• ClimberforGod
  • Reading+climbing+dragons+syfy+​God=my awesome life.
  • Thank you received: 98
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
It really depends on which anime you are watching. Some are harmless, while others are perverted and filthy, you should filter what is good and bad.

I LOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEE ANIME! DRAWIN IT, READING IT, AND WATCHING IT!!!

but i alsoagree with this person...
helping one person may not change the world,
but it could change the world for one person.

Anime 1 week 18 hours ago #86990

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
Quirky wrote:
@Sir, well, lets think about it. How much sin will God allow into heaven? If we know that something is wrong, would it be wise to continue to partake in it?

I'm speaking to myself more than anyone. But, to answer your question, I do think that we should get to the point where we don't rely on fiction for entertainment. God has brought me a loooooong way in this area, and I still have more to overcome.

I don’t want to misinterpret you here; are you implying that fiction is sinful?

Anime 1 week 18 hours ago #86991

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
bush possum wrote:
@SirGeneralCliche
We read this as part of our family worship this morning, and I think this is perfect in response to your question about reading any fiction at all :)

The Lord has shown me the danger of letting our minds be filled with worldly thoughts and cares. I saw that some minds are led away from present truth and a love of the Holy Bible by reading other exciting books; others are filled with perplexity and care for what they shall eat, drink, and wear. Some are looking too far off for the coming of the Lord. Time has continued a few years longer than they expected; therefore they think it may continue a few years more, and in this way their minds are being led from present truth, out after the world. In these things I saw great danger; for if the mind is filled with other things, present truth is shut out, and there is no place in our foreheads for the seal of the living God. I saw that the time for Jesus to be in the most holy place was nearly finished and that time can last but a very little longer. What leisure time we have should be spent in searching the Bible, which is to judge us in the last day. – {EW 58.1}
Sooo no fiction

Anime 1 week 5 hours ago #87041

• LolingforJesus
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, pianos, friends, and Bible Experience
  • Thank you received: 185
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
bush possum wrote:
@SirGeneralCliche

Sooo no fiction
Honestly, let's think about it. Fiction isn't evil, it depends on (1) what kind of fiction it is (2) and how much of your time it is taking up. The parables Jesus told were fiction, and were common stories in that time. If it is such a big part of your life that you won't do your homework, read your Bible, or spend time with family, it's time to take a break.

Everything can be put into balance, in my opinion, hope this helps :cheer:

HAPPY BDAY TP!!!!

Anime 6 days 18 hours ago #87046

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Quirky wrote:

I don’t want to misinterpret you here; are you implying that fiction is sinful?

I'm saying that fiction can have the effect of drawing ones mind from heavenly things and pulling them down to earthly things. When I finished reading fiction books, even ones with good Christian morals, I wasn't inclined to go and study my bible because it wasn't as exciting as the story that I just read. I believe that anything that separates or distracts from God could be considered sinful, seeing that God said not to have any other gods before Him.

I hope that I'm not being too evasive in my answer. All I know is that I have been convicted that reading fiction harms my personal relationship with God, so, slowly by surely, it is being expelled from my life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

Anime 6 days 4 hours ago #87063

• Billmon
  • I am here with Jesus and the Mon Club
WOW I GOT TWO PAGES ON A DISCUSSION!!!!!! B) B) B) :cheer: :) :cheer: :cheer: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Willie Williams IV

Anime 6 days 4 hours ago #87064

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Billmon wrote:
WOW I GOT TWO PAGES ON A DISCUSSION!!!!!! B) B) B) :cheer: :) :cheer: :cheer: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Well done B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billmon

Anime 6 days 4 hours ago #87065

• Billmon
  • I am here with Jesus and the Mon Club
I'm popular :blush: :oops: :blush: :oops: :blush: :oops: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :) :) :) :cheer: I actually didn't know how to post for a year :blush: :blush: :blush: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Willie Williams IV
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds