Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Anime

Anime 1 month 4 weeks ago #85408

• Billmon
  • I am here with Jesus and the Mon Club
My mom says animals is devilish but I still watch it please give advice weather I should stop or keep on. I'LL provide more details sorry I'm in a rush
Willie Williams IV
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anime 1 month 4 weeks ago #85409

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 428
Animals or anime? I’m guessing you mean anime. Obviously your mom is completely wrong is she is just stereotyping all anime in general but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t listen to your mom. Honestly most people would say to listen to your parents, and I would say the same thing if you were under 14. Honestly, I feel like when you’re 14 or over you should be able to make decisions for yourself and you would hate being yourself and hate life if you were 14 and over and you weren’t able to enjoy and dive into harmless interests.
IM LOLING FOR JESUS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLROFLROFLROFL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joshawesome, Billmon

Anime 1 month 3 weeks ago #85417

It really depends on which anime you are watching. Some are harmless, while others are perverted and filthy, you should filter what is good and bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billmon

Anime 1 month 3 weeks ago #85420

• Zipfrost64
  • Basketball is the best sport. Don't @ me
  • Thank you received: 34
Some are kind of devilish. Check them out and if they don't look good, don't watch them.

Just don't let it affect your time with God because that's when it starts to get bad.

Forget the king's horses and forget the king's men.
The King is coming back to put us together again.

#Filipino

Anime 1 month 3 weeks ago #85421

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2978
Isaiah 8:20
[20]To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Psalms 101:3
[3]I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

Philippians 4:8
[8]Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

James 1:5
[5]If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Exodus 20:3
[3]Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Ephesians 6:1-3
[1]Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
[2]Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
[3]That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Use these scriptures (and any others that you find) as your guideline, your standard. If something that you wish to partake in does not line up in any way with the Word of God then...don't do it. I included the one about obeying our parents because sometimes (most of the time) they know what they're talking about. They've got a lot of wisdom based on their own experience, and they don't want to see you make the same mistakes that they did. They don't tell you to not do something because they hate you and want you to have an awful boring life; they instruct you because they want to see you live past the age of 20.

Hope this helps a little bit!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, Kwesi, horsegirl04, jGod8865, Ruthie, Billmon

Anime 1 month 3 weeks ago #85504

• maplesyruphotel9
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Thank you received: 131
my mom says the same thing! :silly:
My friend watches Anime alot, and She wants me to watch it with her, and I might haha
Some type of anime can be devilish and all that stuff, but The anime she watches is not like that, so It depends
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)

Anime 1 month 3 weeks ago #85558

• Blue Tornado
  • Happy birthday, TravelPastel!!!
  • Thank you received: 806
As SRNitro and ComeLetUsReason said, your mom is just stereotyping all anime and it really depends on the show as to whether or not it's devilish. I watch a lot of anime, too, and I can verify that not all anime are bad.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn

Anime 1 month 2 weeks ago #85626

• Billmon
  • I am here with Jesus and the Mon Club
Thanks guys this means a lot but I only watch Sao my hero academia attack on titan and one punch man so I stay away from the bad stuff we tried Sao but she and my sister didn't get it so I don't know what to do all my friends watch anime and if she knew that she would say oh then you need new friends and chose the more wholesome kids in my class know offense. Ps who is ready for my hero academia season 3 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Willie Williams IV

Anime 1 month 2 weeks ago #85693

• Ruthie
  • Books are awesome! So are cats!
  • Thank you received: 36
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
my mom says the same thing! :silly:
My friend watches Anime alot, and She wants me to watch it with her, and I might haha
Some type of anime can be devilish and all that stuff, but The anime she watches is not like that, so It depends
maplesyruphotel9 I have a question. Your avatar is miraculous ladybug and chat noir. So is that a good one or is it a bad one?

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirt will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Anime 1 month 2 weeks ago #85694

• Ruthie
  • Books are awesome! So are cats!
  • Thank you received: 36
Please I'm serious. I truly want to know about ladybug and chat noir.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirt will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Anime 1 month 2 weeks ago #85728

Somebody should make an anime about the Bible stories, in detail. I'd like to see how that would be. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

Anime 1 month 2 weeks ago #85736

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 556
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
Somebody should make an anime about the Bible stories, in detail. I'd like to see how that would be. :)
There's something called Manga Messiah, it's like anime but a book. There's also Manga Messengers. Manga Messiah is the New Testament in the Japanese art style, and Manga Messengers is about the messengers of God.

It's actually pretty cool, I own both. They even use correct Jewish names and all that. For example, Joseph's name is "Yosef" and whatnot.
Attachments:
Eyyy it's my birthday month!! 18th is my day of arrival on this planet >O<
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

Anime 1 month 2 weeks ago #85737

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
Ruthie wrote:
It's about two teenage secret heroes protecting Paris. Of course their identity is secret, so they don't know that they both go to the same school. The two heroes often meet when they come across a villain, but they don't know each other's true identity. Ladybug's true identity is a teenage girl named Marionette and Cat Noir is Adrien. Cat Noir has a crush on Ladybug, but Marionette has a crush on Adrien, if that makes sense. Adrien doesn't want to show his feelings for Marionette, because he likes Ladybug, but he doesn't know they're the same person.

I hope that made sense, I haven't watched a single episode myself. I just like watching some animatics about them, and by watching those, I picked up a bit about the story line x)

Sorry for the rant, I usually don't do that >_<
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pyrrhic, Ruthie

Anime 1 month 2 weeks ago #85763

I've read that manga! What I mean someone should make anime adaptation of that manga.

Anime 1 month 2 weeks ago #85827

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
I've read that manga! What I mean someone should make anime adaptation of that manga.
Yeah! It'd be so cool. I bet there is something like that out there, maybe.

There's this weird anime tho called Saint Young Men where it's an alternate universe where Buddha and Jesus are best friends in a college O.o I saw it on that one video of GMM I watched.
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

Anime 1 month 1 week ago #86071

• Pyrrhic
  • Thank you received: 147
Ruthie wrote:

I'm so glad you asked.... this is like my favorite show ever!

Its about these undercover superheroes that save Paris, France from the evil power of Hawkmoth the villain who akumatizes people and has them under his control. Ladybug aka Marinette and Cat (Chat) Noir aka Adrien have to balance their superhero lives while keeping their normal lives too. The whole show also revolves around a love square in which Marinette a shy, clumsy girl is in love with Adrien a rich model boy who is in love with Ladybug a courageous, determined hero who partner is Cat Noir a pun-loving dork.

I RECOMMEND YOU TO WATCH IT!

If you have any question I am at your service! Be Miraculous!

SORRY got TOO excited there...
Pyrrhic - means won a victory!

Anime 1 month 1 week ago #86082

TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

There's this weird anime tho called Saint Young Men where it's an alternate universe where Buddha and Jesus are best friends in a college O.o I saw it on that one video of GMM I watched.
Sounds a bit blasphemous. But it's fictional, so whatever.

Anime 1 month 1 week ago #86090

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

Sooo its okay to watch things that blaspheme God?? :huh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, LolingforJesus

Anime 1 month 1 week ago #86100

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1090
Quirky wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

Plus the whole Ladybug/Chat Noir (which I started watching and ten minutes later decided never to watch again [that's the only anime that I've ever watched, and it'll be the last as well]) is a love story where they're fighting against the baddies. 1. Love stories aren't good for the brain (go read Messages to Young People on the 'Reading' chapter), and it's like the whole good/bad fight is a mimic of the great controversy, so why watch a fake one when you can watch and take part in the real one?!
It's so much more fun when you can actually do something about a storyline that you don't like. Plus, God loves us waaaayyy more than Marrionette loves Adrian, and more than Adrian loves Ladybug, and more than Ladybug loves Chat Noir, or whichever way that thing is :S Point is, God is waiting for you to find out how much He loves you while you're there glued to the screen watching a fake love story.
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Anime 1 month 1 week ago #86104

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

Plus the whole Ladybug/Chat Noir (which I started watching and ten minutes later decided never to watch again [that's the only anime that I've ever watched, and it'll be the last as well]) is a love story where they're fighting against the baddies. 1. Love stories aren't good for the brain (go read Messages to Young People on the 'Reading' chapter), and it's like the whole good/bad fight is a mimic of the great controversy, so why watch a fake one when you can watch and take part in the real one?!
It's so much more fun when you can actually do something about a storyline that you don't like. Plus, God loves us waaaayyy more than Marrionette loves Adrian, and more than Adrian loves Ladybug, and more than Ladybug loves Chat Noir, or whichever way that thing is :S Point is, God is waiting for you to find out how much He loves you while you're there glued to the screen watching a fake love story.
Miraculous Ladybug isn’t an anime(???)
Awwh, but I love love stories <3 It’s how I live my love life lol (I have no love life x) )
Plus it’s been in the back of my head all the time, I bet God says I love you to every other girl... So it doesn’t make it that special. I think that me thinking that is just Satan whispering in the back of my head, but I’ve always thought about it.
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

Anime 1 month 1 week ago #86105

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

Lol that’s what I thought when I first heard of it :P
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

Anime 1 month 1 week ago #86106

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

Also can you explain why love stories aren’t good for the brain? I’m a bit curious :)
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

Anime 1 month 1 week ago #86107

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
TravelPastel wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

Also can you explain why love stories aren’t good for the brain? I’m a bit curious :)

This is about fiction when it comes to books since that kinda all they had for entertainment back in the 1800s (besides theaters and stuff), but it applies to what we watch just as much as what we read.

The Effect of Fiction

"Many of the youth say, “I have no time to study my lesson.” But what are they doing? Some are crowding in every moment to earn a few cents more, when this time pressed into work, if given to the study of the Bible would, if they practiced its lessons, save them more than the amount gained by overwork. It would save much that is expended in needless ornaments, and preserve vigor of mind to understand the mystery of godliness. “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.” MYP 290.1
But these very youth who profess to be Christians gratify the desires of the carnal heart in following their own inclinations; and God-given, probationary time, granted them to become acquainted with the precious truths of the Bible, is devoted to the reading of fictitious tales. This habit once formed is difficult to overcome; but it can be done, it must be done by all who are candidates for the heavenly world. MYP 290.2
That mind is ruined which is allowed to be absorbed in story-reading. The imagination becomes diseased, sentimentalism takes possession of the mind, and there is a vague unrest, a strange appetite for unwholesome mental food, which is constantly unbalancing the mind. Thousands are today in the insane asylum whose minds became unbalanced by novel reading, which results in air-castle building and love-sick sentimentalism.—The Signs of the Times, January 10, 1905. MYP 290.3"
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, TravelPastel

Anime 1 month 1 week ago #86110

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1090
TravelPastel wrote:
bush possum wrote:
Quirky wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

I haven't got time right now, but I'll come back later and answer you. :)
I also know exactly what it's like to use stories as your love life ;) however, the only way to be truly satisfied with your love life is to give it to God. I'll explain that later as well XD
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

Anime 1 month 1 week ago #86111

Quirky wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
ComeLetUsReason wrote:

Of course not. Most Japanese people don't even know that Jesus is God and that He should be respected as such.I don't think one should watch it.
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds