Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New School and Shyness

New School and Shyness 2 months 4 weeks ago #85226

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 348
Recently, I started high school. I haven't really met any of the kids in my class before this and I am having a hard time talking to people and making friends. I have always been a shy girl. I could never make friends at my old church and I think I was viewed as stuck up, mostly because I didn't talk. I was just too scared to. Now, I am in the same situation but this time it really matters. I don't want to go through all of high school with barely any friends. Any advice?
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New School and Shyness 2 months 4 weeks ago #85252

I say that it is best to pick your friends wisely. Just talk to people, it'll come naturally. That's the way I made my friends. But remember, do not hang around toxic people, because you will absorb their toxicity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, bush possum, mittens92999

New School and Shyness 2 months 4 weeks ago #85257

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3087
Proverbs 18:24
A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

I know almost exactly how you feel (expect I'm usually labeled the "shy" girl, not necessarily stuck up). I'm really quiet when I'm in new and different situations, and people mistakenly think that I'm shy, even though I'm just really observe....ive.

Anywho, enough about me. Number one tip: start with one person. It could be the person you sit next to in class, at lunch, during extracurricular activities. Oh yeah, That's another thing. Get involved. I know it'll be super scary, but if you just show yourself friendly, you'll attract the right people to you.

It may also help to figure out why you feel scared to talk to people. Once I identified why I was so quiet and "shy", I actually felt more confident, knowing that it was okay to be quiet, to be me.

Hope that helps!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999, horsegirl04

New School and Shyness 2 months 3 weeks ago #85262

• Stverno
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Thank you received: 991
I'm not quite sure how to help, but Imma attempt to give some advice...

1. Locate a human you consider to be a relatively decent human
2. Find a way to get closer to said human
3. Try starting a conversation with this human. For example, ask them about homework, pencils, activities, anything, really. Try to learn things you have in common and go on that.

NOTICE: This human will either be an extrovert or an introvert. If an extrovert, they will probably keep talking once you start the conversation. If an introvert, I have no idea what they would do because, well, I'm not one

4. Once you've had a conversation with this human, try to have more.

WARNING: Humans are unpredictable. Everyone is different and is going through different things. What may seem small to you may be massive to them. (You can interpret that however you like) Humans can also be extremely sensitive.

Remember, if your conversations don't go well, it's okay. Jesus loves you and so do we. :side:

NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, bush possum, mittens92999, sunnyside1, missionarykid
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds