Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Total Eclipse of the Heart

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 1 week ago #82814

  • Mrphie
  • Mrphie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • HEY! *whips out fingerguns*
  • Posts: 88
  • Thank you received: 45
If you know what song that line is from, that's great!
If you don't, that's cool too.
Anyway
DID YOU GUYS HEAR ABOUT THE UPCOMING SOLAR ECLIPSE?!??!?!??!?!
THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME
(So I guess this thread is about eclipses in general, upcoming plans regarding eclipses, and just stuff I guess.)
Let the discussing begin.

Anybody on this site play lacrosse? Or at least like it?
What about cats? Horses? Lasagna?
Anybody?

ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 1 week ago #82822

  • Mrphie
  • Mrphie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • HEY! *whips out fingerguns*
  • Posts: 88
  • Thank you received: 45
Aaaand I just realized I forgot to put this in a more appropriate section, instead of What Should I Do? Lol

Anybody on this site play lacrosse? Or at least like it?
What about cats? Horses? Lasagna?
Anybody?

ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 1 week ago #82832

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 697
  • Thank you received: 545
I'm aware of it; I've even seen displays of eclipse glasses and other mercy at Lowe's (of all places)
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 1 week ago #82941

  • LittleLadyBug
  • LittleLadyBug's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Posts: 411
  • Thank you received: 180
we live in california but my aunt is going to travel up to organ with a friend to see it
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 1 week ago #82945

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 697
  • Thank you received: 545
LittleLadyBug wrote:
we live in california but my aunt is going to travel up to organ with a friend to see it
Really? Cool! Which organ are they going to? The liver? The heart? :P
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 1 week ago #82958

  • LittleLadyBug
  • LittleLadyBug's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Posts: 411
  • Thank you received: 180
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
LittleLadyBug wrote:
we live in california but my aunt is going to travel up to organ with a friend to see it
Really? Cool! Which organ are they going to? The liver? The heart? :P
i think the heart :P oops i misspelled
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 1 week ago #83005

  • jGod8865
  • jGod8865's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Pollo y Papa Frita
  • Posts: 512
  • Thank you received: 175
when is it gonna be
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 1 week ago #83006

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3841
  • Thank you received: 3075
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
LittleLadyBug wrote:
we live in california but my aunt is going to travel up to organ with a friend to see it
Really? Cool! Which organ are they going to? The liver? The heart? :P

Would the eye be considered an organ? If so, I would think that would be the best place to go to watch a solar eclipse :whistle:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 1 week ago #83007

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 463
  • Thank you received: 618
Quirky wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
LittleLadyBug wrote:
we live in california but my aunt is going to travel up to organ with a friend to see it
Really? Cool! Which organ are they going to? The liver? The heart? :P

Would the eye be considered an organ? If so, I would think that would be the best place to go to watch a solar eclipse :whistle:
Considering the title of this topic, I would think that the heart would be the best place to see the eclipse...
TravelPastel! Happy birthday! Your 16th year of life will be an awesome one as long as Jesus is in it.:)

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Mrphie

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 1 week ago #83021

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 963
  • Thank you received: 1142
emmy01 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
LittleLadyBug wrote:
we live in california but my aunt is going to travel up to organ with a friend to see it
Really? Cool! Which organ are they going to? The liver? The heart? :P

Would the eye be considered an organ? If so, I would think that would be the best place to go to watch a solar eclipse :whistle:
Considering the title of this topic, I would think that the heart would be the best place to see the eclipse...
No, because the heart is being eclipsed, so if you were watching from the heart you wouldn't see anything because you'd be eclipsed :P
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, LEMONwizard, Mrphie

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 1 week ago #83034

Eye am so confused.

#punderful

#MKout
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 6 days ago #83043

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 963
  • Thank you received: 1142
missionarykid wrote:
Eye am so confused.

#punderful

#MKout
May I improve your punderful sentence by making it *sew? ;)
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 6 days ago #83045

bush possum wrote:
missionarykid wrote:
Eye am so confused.

#punderful

#MKout
May I improve your punderful sentence by making it *sew? ;)
Of horse! err-course!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 4 days ago #83090

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 463
  • Thank you received: 618
bush possum wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
LittleLadyBug wrote:
we live in california but my aunt is going to travel up to organ with a friend to see it
Really? Cool! Which organ are they going to? The liver? The heart? :P

Would the eye be considered an organ? If so, I would think that would be the best place to go to watch a solar eclipse :whistle:
Considering the title of this topic, I would think that the heart would be the best place to see the eclipse...
No, because the heart is being eclipsed, so if you were watching from the heart you wouldn't see anything because you'd be eclipsed :P
Ah...

Your wisdom greatly eclipses mine... :P
TravelPastel! Happy birthday! Your 16th year of life will be an awesome one as long as Jesus is in it.:)

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 3 days ago #83101

  • LEMONwizard
  • LEMONwizard's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I trust God. Do you?
  • Posts: 314
  • Thank you received: 115
I had no idea there was an eclipse happening until I saw this topic. Now my whole family is talking about driving for a few hours to the exact center of that line thingie, but we actually have 99.44% totality where we are. :huh:
TRUST GOD with EVERYTHING because GOD HOLDS EVERYTHING and HE WON'T LET GO

#StvernoIsAFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement
When Emmy01 can't, I will fight for the pencil.
INFP, -A/-T (mediator) according to 16personalities.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 3 days ago #83115

  • Mrphie
  • Mrphie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • HEY! *whips out fingerguns*
  • Posts: 88
  • Thank you received: 45
Honestly I'm just trying to figure out where to get good glasses. There are soooo many fakes, and I'm not sure if we're going to Lowe's anytime soon. :unsure:

Anybody on this site play lacrosse? Or at least like it?
What about cats? Horses? Lasagna?
Anybody?

ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 3 days ago #83139

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 697
  • Thank you received: 545
Mrphie wrote:
Honestly I'm just trying to figure out where to get good glasses. There are soooo many fakes, and I'm not sure if we're going to Lowe's anytime soon. :unsure:
Well, I don't know if the Lowes ones are real or not, but I know they exist.
Btw, what makes glasses "real" or "fake."
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 3 days ago #83162

SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Mrphie wrote:
Honestly I'm just trying to figure out where to get good glasses. There are soooo many fakes, and I'm not sure if we're going to Lowe's anytime soon. :unsure:
Well, I don't know if the Lowes ones are real or not, but I know they exist.
Btw, what makes glasses "real" or "fake."
THe 'fake' eclipse glasses will burn your retina after a few minutes. Maybe seconds.
The 'real' eclipse glasses will not. THey will protect your eyes so you can safely watch the eclipse.

I would recommend looking online for some. Try some research online to see which glasses are real and are safe. ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 3 days ago #83166

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 697
  • Thank you received: 545
missionarykid wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Mrphie wrote:
Honestly I'm just trying to figure out where to get good glasses. There are soooo many fakes, and I'm not sure if we're going to Lowe's anytime soon. :unsure:
Well, I don't know if the Lowes ones are real or not, but I know they exist.
Btw, what makes glasses "real" or "fake."
THe 'fake' eclipse glasses will burn your retina after a few minutes. Maybe seconds.
The 'real' eclipse glasses will not. THey will protect your eyes so you can safely watch the eclipse.

I would recommend looking online for some. Try some research online to see which glasses are real and are safe. ;)
What's wrong with regular sunglasses? Well, I guess sunglasses still don't allow you to stare directly at the sun, but is there more radiation during an eclipse?
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 2 days ago #83223

  • Mrphie
  • Mrphie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • HEY! *whips out fingerguns*
  • Posts: 88
  • Thank you received: 45
eclipse2017.nasa.gov/safety

This should help clear some stuff up regarding why regular glasses are unsafe, and where to get viewing glasses from. It also talks about using cameras during the eclipse, too. (You should definitely read that part)

And this will be my first eclipse. It's the day before my birthday too, so it's all the more exciting.

Anybody on this site play lacrosse? Or at least like it?
What about cats? Horses? Lasagna?
Anybody?

ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 2 days ago #83229

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 999
  • Thank you received: 402
Kwesi wrote:
Is this the first solar eclipse you guys have ever seen

It is going to be my second

I think this is going to be my third. Maby Second

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
Happy Birthday Sunny!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 2 days ago #83230

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 999
  • Thank you received: 402
*Maybe

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
Happy Birthday Sunny!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 2 days ago #83264

  • LEMONwizard
  • LEMONwizard's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I trust God. Do you?
  • Posts: 314
  • Thank you received: 115
Hey Sir, maybe you should change your profile pic to sunglasses during the eclipse to see if anyone notices. Just a suggestion.
TRUST GOD with EVERYTHING because GOD HOLDS EVERYTHING and HE WON'T LET GO

#StvernoIsAFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement
When Emmy01 can't, I will fight for the pencil.
INFP, -A/-T (mediator) according to 16personalities.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 4 months 2 days ago #83283

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 697
  • Thank you received: 545
LEMONwizard wrote:
Hey Sir, maybe you should change your profile pic to sunglasses during the eclipse to see if anyone notices. Just a suggestion.
Well, I'm probably not even gonna see the eclipse, so idk
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Eclipse of the Heart 3 months 2 weeks ago #83897

  • bush possum
  • bush possum's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Posts: 963
  • Thank you received: 1142
Mrphie wrote:
eclipse2017.nasa.gov/safety

This should help clear some stuff up regarding why regular glasses are unsafe, and where to get viewing glasses from. It also talks about using cameras during the eclipse, too. (You should definitely read that part)

And this will be my first eclipse. It's the day before my birthday too, so it's all the more exciting.
very, very, very Belated Happy Birthday to yoouuuuuu, happy birthday to yooooouu, happy birthday to Mrphie, happy birthday to YOU!! :D :D

sorry for the late wishes :unsure:
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid, Stverno, Mrphie
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds