Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: According to the Bible, we can't wear mixed fabrics?

According to the Bible, we can't wear mixed fabrics? 5 months 1 week ago #79178

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 427
So I was searching for reasons why homosexuality is bad in the Bible and found something weird. I saw this picture that said if you believe in everything the Old Testament says you should also believe in not eating pork and shellfish. I wasn't worried about that I was thinking, "Yes they're unhealthy anyway, go on." and then looked and it said we can't wear clothes that contain two different types of fabric... Now that kind of wierded me out because I never heard of that taught in the Adventist church. I don't eat pork or shellfish but for some reason I wear clothes from different fabric? These are all from the same law by the way, the Mosaic law. Leviticus 19:19 says, “Keep my decrees. Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.” Another example is in Deuteronomy 22:9–11. I'm completely confused.
IM LOLING FOR JESUS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLROFLROFLROFL
The administrator has disabled public write access.

According to the Bible, we can't wear mixed fabrics? 5 months 1 week ago #79186

SRNitro wrote:
So I was searching for reasons why homosexuality is bad in the Bible and found something weird. I saw this picture that said if you believe in everything the Old Testament says you should also believe in not eating pork and shellfish. I wasn't worried about that I was thinking, "Yes they're unhealthy anyway, go on." and then looked and it said we can't wear clothes that contain two different types of fabric... Now that kind of wierded me out because I never heard of that taught in the Adventist church. I don't eat pork or shellfish but for some reason I wear clothes from different fabric? These are all from the same law by the way, the Mosaic law. Leviticus 19:19 says, “Keep my decrees. Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.” Another example is in Deuteronomy 22:9–11. I'm completely confused.

oookay, quick history/hebrew lesson, in the hebrew the word used is shaatnez, which refers to wool and linen woven together, now, why is there such a law? because the High Priest's garments were Shaatnez, wool and linen woven together. in short, the reason for this, is to provide some separation between the Priest and the People to help realize the holiness and to to help them honor and reverence both God and the office of the high priest. same basic thing with the seed
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, SRNitro, horsegirl04, Mp137, jGod8865, emmy01, Mrphie

According to the Bible, we can't wear mixed fabrics? 5 months 1 week ago #79187

oh, and wearing, say a linen coat and a wool shirt werent even against that law, it was only if they were attatched
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro

According to the Bible, we can't wear mixed fabrics? 5 months 1 week ago #79226

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1089
notturningaside wrote:
oh, and wearing, say a linen coat and a wool shirt werent even against that law, it was only if they were attatched
I thought that the reason do not having the mixed fibres was because cotton requires high temperature to be "sterilised" whereas wool has to be washed in cold water...
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

According to the Bible, we can't wear mixed fabrics? 5 months 1 week ago #79277

• stone
  • Thank you received: 16
bush possum wrote:
notturningaside wrote:
I thought that the reason do not having the mixed fibres was because cotton requires high temperature to be "sterilised" whereas wool has to be washed in cold water...

So did I. But the reason notturningaside gave makes sense.

According to the Bible, we can't wear mixed fabrics? 5 months 1 week ago #79386

bush possum wrote:
notturningaside wrote:
well, i've never heard that, tbh I learned about the whole shaatnez thing from a Jew

According to the Bible, we can't wear mixed fabrics? 4 months 4 weeks ago #80188

• Mrphie
  • HEY! *whips out fingerguns*
  • Thank you received: 39
notturningaside wrote:
SRNitro wrote:

oookay, quick history/hebrew lesson, in the hebrew the word used is shaatnez, which refers to wool and linen woven together, now, why is there such a law? because the High Priest's garments were Shaatnez, wool and linen woven together. in short, the reason for this, is to provide some separation between the Priest and the People to help realize the holiness and to to help them honor and reverence both God and the office of the high priest. same basic thing with the seed

Okay wow I was just wondering about that this week when I saw a post that was basically like if homosexuality is wrong so is wearing clothes made from mixed fabrics.......and I was like, what???? I seriously prayed about it and was like, God, I know this isn't right so please explain this. Lol I didn't expect an answer this quickly and this apparent.

Anybody on this site play lacrosse? Or at least like it?
What about cats? Horses? Lasagna?
Anybody?

According to the Bible, we can't wear mixed fabrics? 4 months 2 weeks ago #80966

Mrphie wrote:
notturningaside wrote:
SRNitro wrote:

Okay wow I was just wondering about that this week when I saw a post that was basically like if homosexuality is wrong so is wearing clothes made from mixed fabrics.......and I was like, what???? I seriously prayed about it and was like, God, I know this isn't right so please explain this. Lol I didn't expect an answer this quickly and this apparent.
well, as HoneyFlower would say: PTL (Praise The Lord)

According to the Bible, we can't wear mixed fabrics? 4 months 2 weeks ago #81184

• maplesyruphotel9
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Thank you received: 131
what? How does the Bible say we can't wear two different types of fabrics :huh:
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)

According to the Bible, we can't wear mixed fabrics? 4 months 2 weeks ago #81361

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 146
notturningaside wrote:
SRNitro wrote:

Thanks you really cleared that up 4 me

According to the Bible, we can't wear mixed fabrics? 4 months 1 week ago #81710

"the Old Testament says you should also believe in not eating pork and shellfish. I wasn't worried about that I was thinking, 'Yes they're unhealthy anyway, go on.'" - The reason is not because they are unhealthy, but instead it's because in the region where they were living in, those meats could get spoiled very easily since they were in the hot desert and cause mass food poisoning. So that's when they didn't allow it for health reasons, but they really said it was because God said so.

According to the Bible, we can't wear mixed fabrics? 4 months 1 week ago #81828

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 528
ryanflack342 wrote:
"the Old Testament says you should also believe in not eating pork and shellfish. I wasn't worried about that I was thinking, 'Yes they're unhealthy anyway, go on.'" - The reason is not because they are unhealthy, but instead it's because in the region where they were living in, those meats could get spoiled very easily since they were in the hot desert and cause mass food poisoning. So that's when they didn't allow it for health reasons, but they really said it was because God said so.
The specifications God gave for "clean" meat were chew the cud, cleft hooves, etc. (I think). Were all those meats merely unfit for keeping?
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds