Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What can I do on a Sabbath afternoon?

What can I do on a Sabbath afternoon? 10 months 2 weeks ago #66089

• sekayi_101
  • i am a PK and i love it!
  • Thank you received: 96
Nowadays I find myself wanting to study and get to know God more. I want one of those strong relationships with God. I want to do His will and fulfill His plan for me in my life. I want my life to be a witness to others and I want to be a good influence on my friends.
Recently, when I go to church on Sabbath, I rarely enjoy Sabbath school, because the children in my Sabbath school class don't really study their lessons or pay attention. I study my lessons almost every week but I'm not one to speak up or participate(cause I am really shy), however sometimes the teachers would call on me for input because I am one of the few that listen/ pay attention(also because I am a Pastor's daughter). I'm in 'Real Time Faith', and we usually sing and do the mission story with the 'Power Point' class; we are also in the same room when we separate into our classes. This causes a lot of noise. There are also a few guys that talk and are on their phones/ tablets the whole time, and don't listen to the lessons or the teachers that try to get them to pay attention and this stresses the Sabbath School teachers. There are also a group of girls(who are supposed to be my friends- but that is another story) who talk, laugh out and pay little/no attention in the class. Last Sabbath, one of the teachers threatened to leave the room because of the bad behavior. I admit, last week I wasn't paying attention to the lesson, because I was really annoyed at all the disrespect and foolishness that the others were doing, that this is what my Sabbath school class had become and how the children I had grown up with in church had changed...(including the ones that were my 'friends'...) but I guess I wasn't helping by not paying attention...

The only part I really enjoy now is divine service; There is normally good preaching. Then I go home, eat lunch and look for sabbatical/bible videos to watch. But I want more than that. I've thought of reading an Ellen G. White book or doing some bible study. What do you guys think? Do you have any similar situations? Any words of encouragement for me? Any suggestions on what I or others can do on Sabbath afternoon? If you have a similar story, please share.

Thanks God for Guide, cause without you guys I don't know what I would've done... It's good to know I have friends who love God as much as I do :)
(I have SDA friends too but, it's not the same :cheer: :P :) you guys are great.)

Up to the hill of Calvary
My Savior went courageously
and there he bled and died for me
Hallelujah for the cross
-Newsboys Hallelujah For The Cross
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What can I do on a Sabbath afternoon? 10 months 1 week ago #66176

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2978
Hi Sekayi! I'm kind of in the same boat as you are in wanting a deeper relationship with God. Maybe you could read Desire of Ages, or study out a question that you have about the bible. That's as far as my advice goes. Like I said, I'm in the same boat as you are :blush:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sekayi_101

What can I do on a Sabbath afternoon? 10 months 1 week ago #66215

• LittleLadyBug
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Thank you received: 180
so the sames story here PK kid so yeah our church is the same way it's just that sometimes i get distracted but for christmas my mom got me a journal bible so when everyone is going crazy i just draw in my bible you have to look them up it's also a really fun thing to do after church : ) Elena
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement

What can I do on a Sabbath afternoon? 10 months 4 days ago #66460

• Little Papoose
  • Swimming, being out in nature, and being me!
  • Thank you received: 6
Hey sekayi_101, so my Sabbath school is exactly the same way. I'm really shy so I'm not the one to speak out either. As far as an E.G.W books go I have found that Early Writings is very interesting and so is Steps to Christ. Also maybe you could ask your dad to help you pick out a good E.G.W book to read or give you some topics in the bible that you could study?

Prayer is the difference between you fighting for God and God fighting for you.
~Mark Batterson

What can I do on a Sabbath afternoon? 10 months 9 hours ago #66599

• sekayi_101
thanks guys for the advice so far! I'm open to more... :) :cheer:
@Little Papoose, I hope things get better in your Sabbath school class. I'll praying for your class as well as mine.

Hallelujah for the cross

What can I do on a Sabbath afternoon? 10 months 9 hours ago #66600

• sekayi_101
I'll pay for your church also :)

Hallelujah for the cross

What can I do on a Sabbath afternoon? 9 months 3 weeks ago #66829

• Little Papoose
  • Swimming, being out in nature, and being me!
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks sekayi I'll be praying for yours too!

Prayer is the difference between you fighting for God and God fighting for you.
~Mark Batterson

What can I do on a Sabbath afternoon? 9 months 3 weeks ago #66856

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1089
Hey sekayi!
I've found the since the Ten Days of Prayer, my relationship with God has improved. No more, 30 second-name-everyone-you-can-think-of, tick-the-box, sorta prayers. And it was good to do it in a group cos you have to answer to why you haven't done it sorta thing lol
Now, I'm not sure whether it was you or someone else, but I seem to remember that you draw... What I sometimes do is get my bird book out and start sketching and colouring the birds from there while listening to a sermon on Audio Verse or GC (you can get free audio versions from the EGW Writings 2 app)
They're just some things I do on a Sabbath arvo :)
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

What can I do on a Sabbath afternoon? 9 months 3 weeks ago #66878

• LolingforJesus
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, pianos, friends, and Bible Experience
  • Thank you received: 208
I see what u mean.. :(
My sabbath school used to be this way, but for some reason, it has gotten a lot better.
I'm also a PK kid and can relate to your desire of having a closer walk with Jesus.
Lately, I have been praying a lot and starting a prayer journal really helped me concentrate. I also love reading really any EGW book. If you get the EGW app you can see a few other devotionals that don't get a lot of spotlights.
Anyways, on my prayer journal you go!
Hope this helps a little!

HAPPY BDAY TP!!!!
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds