Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Want a counselor...scared of asking mom...

Want a counselor...scared of asking mom... 10 months 3 weeks ago #65701

I made this account specifically for this purpose and to hide my identity (I have another account on here) (if you somehow figure out who I am don't make it public or treat me differently)
I've been struggling with a problem or two pretty much my whole life, but these past two years it's gotten so much worse. I'm 9 months clean out of pure willpower but honestly I still want to self harm. I've only told like 2 close friends what's really going on, and recently they both suggested I see a counselor. I think it would be helpful, but I just don't want to tell my parents.

I don't really know why. I've always, I mean even as a really little kid, always been super secretive about my true, inner feelings, especially to my mom (and later my stepdad) and just family in general. I don't even tell my mom if something upsets me or if I cried over something small or anything. If I say anything about this 'inner me' it's always to my best friend/guy friend. And when my sister was 16 (I'm almost 17) she told my parents about her depression and they sent her to a therapist, and like idk. There's more to it than that, but part of the reason I don't want to tell them is because of what happened with my sister. Mom got so worried about her all the time, and would constantly be like 'are you doing okay?' 'How are you?' And forced her to do certain activities 'cause it helps with depression' and treated her like she was fragile or had cancer or something. I want my mom and everyone else to pretend like nothing is wrong with me, I just want to talk to someone about my problems and get advice on how to deal with things. But I know my mom won't make such a small deal of it like that.

And like I said, there's more reasons than that, but I'm not really sure exactly what they are. I'm terrified of telling my mom I want to go see this counselor. Maybe I should just wait a year until I'm 18 and see him in secret? Or is there some way I can get my mom to take me to a counselor without me asking her?

I'm not suicidal in case you were wondering, so don't freak out about that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity19

Want a counselor...scared of asking mom... 10 months 3 weeks ago #65793

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
Honestly you should tell your parents. I also have a hard time talking about this kind of stuff, but your parents need to know. Personally I dislike people who are counselors for a living, but that's just me. :S
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The following user(s) said Thank You: missionarykid

Want a counselor...scared of asking mom... 10 months 3 weeks ago #65799

• Stverno
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Thank you received: 985
Is there an adult you trust that you know? A pastor, maybe? Your uncle, aunt, or whatever? Maybe they would be able to help you.
Also, I heard once that when you get the urge to self harm, it helps to occupy your hands otherwise. Like drawing, scribbling, twiddle something, anything that keeps your hands and mind occupied otherwise. Maybe reading will help.
I'll be praying!

NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE

Want a counselor...scared of asking mom... 10 months 2 weeks ago #65864

• im a beekeeper
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Fellow fruit loop :P
  • Thank you received: 187
I have no clue how your relationship is with Jesus. But if you don't really have one then you should try to get one. It will help tons. And tell Jesus about all your problems and tell Him you are not not strong enough to handle the problems your self and need His help. If you believe He will help you, and let Him help you He will :) . And remember his promise, Matthew 11:28 (KJV) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. I know there are a few more but I can't think of them now. but when I will comment them.
I really hope this helps :)
Happy birthday TP!!

guidecyberclub.org/beekeeper

firstencounterministry.org/blog/2017/10/...ng-true-day-worship/
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

Want a counselor...scared of asking mom... 10 months 2 weeks ago #65986

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 371
maybe if you talk to your pastor\youth pastor about it and maybe he can help you to talk to your mom, and i think that if you were to tell your mom that you don't want them to make it a big thing that they would try not to, you have to think too, that your mom really cares about you to be asking your sister how she is all the time. maybe your sister can help you too.

hope this helps, horse

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TP!!!!!!

Want a counselor...scared of asking mom... 10 months 1 week ago #65994

• LittleLadyBug
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Thank you received: 180
maybe you should talk to your sister who went through what you are going through and also there are websites where you can get counseling online.
also you should talk to God about it and you should tell your mom but try to make things clear to her that you don't want to be treated like you have problems. :) Elena
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement

Want a counselor...scared of asking mom... 9 months 3 weeks ago #66662

talk to a pastor, or use an online counselor, or on the other hand,a lot of counselors won't really care that you are slightly under 17, but first and foremost, talk to God, cause you can trust him more than anyone, and He knows whats going on and how to deal with it better than anyone
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Want a counselor...scared of asking mom... 9 months 3 weeks ago #66663

oh, and sometimes, a good friend can be a pretty decent counsellor
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds