Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Should I be a ______ _______?

Yes, it's a great idea! 20 80%
No, it's a bad idea! 5 20%
Total number of voters: 25 ( mlogan, LolingforJesus, Peach1, Gogirl, the_adorbs ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!!

Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!! 1 year 7 months ago #57114

• im a beekeeper
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Fellow fruit loop :P
  • Thank you received: 188
I really need help. It probably doesn't seem like a big deal to y'all, but I have to really make a tough decision. I have mentioned it already on uncle Andy live. Here it goes
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
ya I know your thing it's not really a big deal but to me it is. I'm trying to decide to do it or not.
Reason why I thing it is a good idea: pays well. lots of benefits such as payed vacation, free medical, dental, and vision coverage. I could retire in 20-25 years with 90% of my normal pay. Get paid while attending police academy. Would keep me physically fit. Almost every police officer love doing it. I've heard that it is very fun. I've heard it is a very satisfying job. Saving people's lives :cheer: . Possibly many opportunities to witness. Could change my character in a good way. I THINK God is leading me to do it. Probably a few more a can't think of.

Reason I think it's a bad idea: work odd hours. A lot of police officer get divorced. It is a very stressful job. I've heard it is boring a lot of the time. Possibly dealing with murder scenes. Would have to deal with some of the worst people. A lot of people think very bad of police officers. The Sabbath issue. Police academy (lasts 6 months) is a lot like the military :S . And at police academy you have to eat there food and it might not be kosher, and it being like the military me not being able to certain stuff probably won't go to good. Possibly of being beaten or shot, not really to worried about that. Could change my character in a bad way. Probably a few more I can't think of.
If any of y'all know a Adventists police officer could you please ask him/her if and how they get of on Sabbath. Please!
Could y'all tell me why/why not being a police officer is a good Christian job? Thank you for reading. I'm open to anyone's opinion.
Please ask God lead you in your answer, and please pray I make the right decision.

guidecyberclub.org/beekeeper

firstencounterministry.org/join-our-team/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!! 1 year 7 months ago #57235

• jesusROCKS1234
  • #bluelivesmatter #IDontKneel
  • Thank you received: 166
I think its fine. Your helping people, and yes your going to have a gun but its self defense. I personally plan on being in the military, yes during training I will not be able to keep the Sabbath but I look at the big picture that I will be protecting the people of my country. I cant say I know a Adventist police officer but I know a few Adventist that served in the military. God protected them and God will protect you. I wouldn't worry to much about what food will be served in the academy. I am also considering a job as a officer because of the fact the police departments need police right now.
#bluelivesmatter #Idontkneel
The following user(s) said Thank You: im a beekeeper

Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!! 1 year 7 months ago #57343

• horsegirl04
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 373
if you want to then do it. but if you don't think that God is calling you to be that and you don't think that you will be happy with that than i wouldn't do it.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TP!!!!!!

Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!! 1 year 7 months ago #57375

• im a beekeeper
  • NOW ONLINE
I think I'm really starting to see God lead me in this. I never really thought about being a police officer, but then all of a sudden, and I really mean all of a sudden I started to get a strong desire to be one. The more a pray and think about it the more I think it's gods will.
Here is one of the ways I've seen God lead me in that direction. One day I was really really praying about it and the next day I hear I bible verse and instantly I think of me thinking of being a police officer, and the next day I hear another verse with the same thought. The verses were saying if you had your roots planted in God then whatever you do you will prosper. Another reason why I think God wants me to this is because when I start paying about it and asking God if I should do it I feel very, I don't know how to explain it, but like a even stronger desire to do it, and i feel peaceful about it, if you know what I mean by that.

Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!! 1 year 7 months ago #57376

• im a beekeeper
  • NOW ONLINE
You who voted it's a bad idea, could you tell me why you feel that way? Thanks :)

Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!! 1 year 6 months ago #57533

• dogluvergirl101
  • Shakespeare is awesome. Just sayin'. #theatrekid
  • Thank you received: 101
I find this very simple to answer. Police officers help people. Even if you're working in the sabbath, you cold potentially save someone's life, and I know God wouldn't frown upon that.
"Art is when the mind shuts off and the heart takes its turn to speak. Whether it's music, paint, theatre, writing, or what have you; each heart has its own voice.

"What is your heart trying to say?"

- Aunt Katherine from énoument (a quote from a book I'm writing)

Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!! 1 year 6 months ago #57575

• Ruthie
  • Books are awesome! So are cats!
  • Thank you received: 36
Pray about it. Ask the LORD!

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirt will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04, im a beekeeper

Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!! 1 year 6 months ago #57616

• LittleLadyBug
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Thank you received: 180
i think that you should just ask God i am sure that he will give you the right answer.
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement

Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!! 1 year 6 months ago #57637

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 343
jesusROCKS1234 wrote:
I think its fine. Your helping people, and yes your going to have a gun but its self defense. I personally plan on being in the military, yes during training I will not be able to keep the Sabbath but I look at the big picture that I will be protecting the people of my country. I cant say I know a Adventist police officer but I know a few Adventist that served in the military. God protected them and God will protect you. I wouldn't worry to much about what food will be served in the academy. I am also considering a job as a officer because of the fact the police departments need police right now.

If you know you won't be able to keep the Sabbath, you are deliberately breaking it. If you have to do that, then I don't think that job career is right for you. God wouldn't lead you in that direction if it would go against His Law.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!! 1 year 6 months ago #57733

• jesusROCKS1234
  • #bluelivesmatter #IDontKneel
  • Thank you received: 166
mittens92999 wrote:
jesusROCKS1234 wrote:

If you know you won't be able to keep the Sabbath, you are deliberately breaking it. If you have to do that, then I don't think that job career is right for you. God wouldn't lead you in that direction if it would go against His Law.

What about being a doctor? You break the Sabbath then too. I mean personally I don't see a problem with it because your helping people.
#bluelivesmatter #Idontkneel

Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!! 1 year 6 months ago #57847

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 343
jesusROCKS1234 wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:
jesusROCKS1234 wrote:

What about being a doctor? You break the Sabbath then too. I mean personally I don't see a problem with it because your helping people.

It's different because in the military you may have to shoot people and it isn't a pleasant experience. Being a doctor is up close helping people and in the military you may be forced to do things you don't want to do on the Sabbath. Training in the military ha nothing to do with helping people.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!! 1 year 6 months ago #57907

• dogluvergirl101
  • Shakespeare is awesome. Just sayin'. #theatrekid
  • Thank you received: 101
mittens92999 wrote:
jesusROCKS1234 wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:
jesusROCKS1234 wrote:

It's different because in the military you may have to shoot people and it isn't a pleasant experience. Being a doctor is up close helping people and in the military you may be forced to do things you don't want to do on the Sabbath. Training in the military ha nothing to do with helping people.

Do you know why police officers shoot people?

Shooting someone is actually a last resort when it comes to police. They use talking and physical contact (like pushing, or keeping someone on the ground) first to try and get someone to come with them or to talk about it or something. They do shoot when the person is running off (and usually that is after chasing after them for a bit) or if they cause harm to a fellow police officer/citizen. And unless it's something super dangerous like if the guy has a gun or a bomb, the idea isn't to kill them, it's just to bring them down to try and stop them from running away/harming people. So why do police shoot people? When they really have to, it's to protect everyone else. So once again, we come to where you are protecting and keeping people safe from harm. Even if it's on the sabbath, if there was a shooting at a store and you (as a police officer) were called to take care of it and ended up needing to shoot the guy, hence potentially saving hundreds of lives, do you think that's wrong? Maybe God knows that beekeeper will end up saving someone's life, and even if it's on the sabbath do you really think God would be disappointed with that?
"Art is when the mind shuts off and the heart takes its turn to speak. Whether it's music, paint, theatre, writing, or what have you; each heart has its own voice.

"What is your heart trying to say?"

- Aunt Katherine from énoument (a quote from a book I'm writing)

Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!! 1 year 6 months ago #57951

• Razena
  • 8razy8 EDRJam: razena
  • Thank you received: 84
I want to be a police officer too. And yes it's a very good idea. :) ;)
When it rains, look for rainbows. When it's dark, look for stars.

Should I be a ______ _______? feeling very confused! Please help!!! 10 months 11 hours ago #66557

• im a beekeeper
  • NOW ONLINE
I no longer want to be one. I'm pretty sure God is beginning to show me something else. :)

Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds