Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #47982

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3191
Here comes the obvious question.....

What do you guys think about it?
The topic has been locked.

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48144

• 12pearlygates
  • I can't live without books. They're my PASSION.
  • Thank you received: 83
Quirky wrote:
Here comes the obvious question.....

What do you guys think about it?

One word: OMPB THEY CAN'T DO THIS! :ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48191

• Tuftedtitmouse
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Thank you received: 70
Time for Jesus to come soon!!!!!
One of the two ordinances established at creation (sabbath and marriage) is attacked ! Next is sabbath ! If you don't believe me you better study revaluation and Daniel GOOOOOD!
( to many exlamation marks i know )
:woohoo: :woohoo: :silly: :silly:
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Going4God

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48221

• honeyflower
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Not a fruit loop..Veggie loop. ;)
  • Thank you received: 209
Happy Sabbath!!! Sorry I haven't been on lately... I'm a big sister as of 2 weeks ago!!!!! And my little sister is adorabel!!!!! But on the subject in which you hae picked, yes... I agree... Sister White calls the sabbath and marriage "twin institutions". However I do not recall the exact reference so you may have to search it... Also, the SDA Church is going to add to the 28 fundamental beliefs of Seventh Day Adventism the words "between man and woman" to the one pertaining to marriage... Which in my opinion is a good idea because otherwise people in the church and some out of the church may think that we accept gay and lesbian marriage... And they may also think we will host or attend or even have a gay or lesbian wedding in our SDA facilites... Anybody else feel the same way towards this very very sensitive subject?
#HONORARYEMMY :lol:
Ain't ain't a word, and I ain't gonna use it. ;)
I'm writing a book, called "Classical #b: A True Addiction Story". Anyone get it? ;)
I never let my schooling interfere with my education, and always and never are two words you should always remember never to use. :whistle:

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48269

• Blue Tornado
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 895
I despise this decision. It says homosexuality is an abomination (something God hates) in Leviticus. Twice.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48280

• Quirky
This is the perfect set up for the pope to come in and say, "Hey, you guys want more morality? Set up a law for all to worship on the same day!" And boom, before we know it the Sunday law will be implemented and enforced.

WARNING: you will not be able to make your definit choice for God and Satan when the Sunday law hits. You will have to have already decided that . The SundY law is when probation closes for Seventh day Adventists.

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48287

• miss amazing
  • Hurry up Summer!
  • Thank you received: 197
I just think its YUCK. I mean SERIOUSlY! Who in their right mind would do that?!!!
Hannah...always a kiwi at heart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 12pearlygates

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48333

• island girl
  • Thank you received: 66
I don't think so, we will always still have a choice! Only until the time Jesus comes on the cloud. Can you tell me where you found something that said that we would no be able to have a choice at that point?
❤Colie❤

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48357

• Quirky
@Islandgirl, a lot of people think that they can live life and pretty much ignore God (talking about SDAS here....I used to think the same thing). And when the Sunday law hits they'll use that time to 'get right with God's and become born again. That won't be the case. The Sunday law isn't a wake call for seventh day adventist (that should be happening now), it will be the time for their fruits to be shone. Example:

Lets say your scheduled to go to court. You have to give your defense for a VERY controversial topic, and you have a month to prepare. If you lose this battle, that's it. Your job is gone. Now tell me, when are you going to start preparing? As soon as you find out about the court date? Or will you save your preparation for the day of?

That's all I'm trying to say. An even better example is the one Jesus gave in Matthew 25:1-12. I think you're quite familiar with that parable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 12pearlygates

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48370

• Birdie500
  • No one understands my love for that horse smell...
  • Thank you received: 313
Lucky it hasn't opened in Australia yet. Did you guys know that apparently Disney is letting out an animated KIDS movie about two openly gay men. The movie will be called Princes.

THAT IS JUST DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD THEY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I USED TO LOVE DISNEY AND NOW THEY ARE GOING TO BETRAY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry I'm just SO angry! Why would they encourage kids to be gay?!!!! GROSS! Awww, next thing ya know, there will be Sunday law :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Birdie500 xoxo
To ride on a horse is to fly without wings. XD
In my life, be lifted high
In our world, be lifted high
In our love, be lifted high
Random lyrics in my signature cause I'm weird XD
----Channy----

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48420

• ken10wil
  • bossome
  • Thank you received: 96
guys I don't think yall realized the point

god never forced anyone to stop sinning so who are we to

also we live in the U.S.A where you have the freedom to do what you want as long as its not harming someone else. So unless your neighbor being gay is gonna cause you emotional or physical harm you really have no point. No one said that being gay is right. drinking is wrong but its still legal. all im saying the us was made with freedom in mind whether that freedom is right or wrong that's not the point. and for he same reason you should ban homosexuality someone can say Christianity is a threat and ban us too (actually they already tried) so my only problem is the way homosexual marriage is treated in society as for the law I say let it pass you should be worrying about your spiritual walk not trying to dictate someone else's. So if you want to have your freedoms that may offend someone else allow your fellow American to do he same. (oh and for those who will make a point of it the majority of alcohol related incidents could be avoided if people paid attention to the DRINK RESPONSIBLY at the end of ads and in the notices at liquor stores) this is my opinion have a nice day.
video games are awesome, Politics is just making me sad at this point
favorite text:
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:12
The following user(s) said Thank You: angel1, SRNitro, mylhu1011, Roll Tide Man, Going4God, Joy, endershadow112, M.Kat

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48422

• ken10wil
  • bossome
people who well here is an example

I have a friend at school who is lesbian and at first I said the same thing.

Then I heard her story, her dad is divorced and well in the name of impressing his girlfriend lets just say hasn't given his daughter anymore reason to be attracted to the opposite sex and the people at the church her future stepmom goes too aren't very helping in fact she describes them as scary. what i'm saying is maybe if we treated homosexuality as another sin and stopped shunning them maybe we could , with god's guidance, get them to repent. I mean if I was a dug addict and was shunned from a church as a result I really wouldn't be more likely to repent. I'm not saying lets have immorality in the church but if the church is a hospital why are some patients not given treatment because the other patients think that they aren't worth enough for the church when the truth is they're just as sick and in need of Jesus the great physician as the rest of them think about it.
favorite text:
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: angel1, Roll Tide Man, Going4God, Joy

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48424

• ken10wil
  • bossome
um where id you hear that and the don't watch it Disney has multiple directors that produce wholesome movies so don't blame the company for one. (sidenote legally and just to be fair to all Americans Disney cant be a religiously biased company however if homosexuality is being dropped in lost of new movies then ou have an argument
favorite text:

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48425

• ken10wil
  • bossome
correction i checked it online it aint legit the website that leaked it says itself the articles cant be trusted and shouldn't be used as reliable sources
favorite text:
The following user(s) said Thank You: angel1, Going4God

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48474

• chocolatedancer1106
  • Psalm 86:15 is one of my favorite verses
  • Thank you received: 42
So, a lot of you on here are saying that same sex marriage is "disgusting" and "gross." This is just my personal opinion, but I don't agree 100% with everything some of you are saying. You guys are welcome to ask me more questions about why I feel this way, but please read my reasoning before you say something about this.

I definitely think that being gay/lesbian is a sin. It specifically says in the Bible (Leviticus 20:13) that "if a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." God didn't intend for us to have same-sex relationships, and I think that's right. God wants us to live our lives like he told us to, and honor him- having a gay/lesbian relationship doesn't do that.

However, gay/lesbian people receive a lot of hate from some of us. While I don't think it's OK in God's eyes to have a same-sex marriage, I also don't think God would want us to call gays and lesbians "disgusting" or "horrible." God created everybody on this earth and loves each of us, whether we are homosexual or straight/heterosexual. Instead of saying bad things about gays/lesbians, why don't we ask ourselves, "What would Jesus do?" Jesus wouldn't call them names or say that their lifestyles are disgusting. He would accept them, just like he does with everyone else on this planet.

So instead of going with our first instincts and calling gays/lesbians "gross" and "terrible," why don't we just pray for them? Ask God to lead them in life, and show them that what they are doing isn't right in his eyes. They're exactly like us, but they just don't know what the Bible says, so show them what the Bible says! Don't hate on them, do what God would do!

Again, I'm not trying to be mean, or say any of your ideas are bad. We're all entitled to our personal opinions, and this is mine. You can reply to this if you're wondering exactly why I feel this way. I DO NOT support same-sex marriage- it's obviously a sin, as it says in the Bible. However, I do support everyone being treated equally, and not receiving hate for their lifestyle. That's all I'm trying to say :) Have a good weekend, everyone.
Psalm 86:15 - But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.

This is one of my favorite verses :)

I LOVE CHOCOLATE!
The following user(s) said Thank You: angel1, tim33, mknz12, Quirky, Big al, Going4God, Joy, endershadow112, ken10wil, M.Kat

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48501

• miss amazing
  • Hurry up Summer!
  • Thank you received: 197
Have you heard of the new term thruple? Its like when there are THREE in a relationship not two. :sick: What is this world coming to?
Hannah...always a kiwi at heart.

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48559

• Sk8er4God
  • Allons-y!
  • Thank you received: 257
Yeah and you know, the pope is coming to the US
M-mental
A-abuse
T-to
H-humans

Just kidding I like math.

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48577

• Quirky
Sk8er4God wrote:
Yeah and you know, the pope is coming to the US

Yeah, in September.... :dry:

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48650

• angel1
  • Thank you received: 25
I agree. Homosexuals should be treated with love, just like any other human being. Hate doesn't solve anything. God bless. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim33, ken10wil, M.Kat

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 7 months ago #48664

• Big al
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Thank you received: 226
You know the law makes scene You can't have some states with same sex marriage laws and some without. That makes not sense also if we honestly believe that God gives choice and that we should not force our religion on others then seperating church and state is important. THat is one of the reasons Ellen white warns Adventist to stay out of governmental positions because when it comes to making laws then you can't let your Godly beliefs come in the forefront or you are disobeying god. Of course if you support the laws you are gong against god to there really is not way to with with laws.
I don't agree with same sex marriage don't get me wrong
But in the logical thinking about the law it is the right thing to do

Remember that we have freedom to worship god on the Sabbath and if we try and take away the freedom others have to marry the same sex it is no longer freedom it is us saying we are perfect which none of us are.
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 6 months ago #48762

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1242
Legally speaking, it was the right decision. The Full faith and credit clause is what is used to make legally performed straight marriages recognized in every state. Since those marriages are recognized in every state, then according to the 14th Amendment, those provisions must also be given to gay couples. However, this means tax exempt churches are in a difficult position, as they could be forced to give up their tax exempt status, meaning they have to pay back all the taxes since they became tax exempt. It will be interesting to see how everything plays out.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim33

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 6 months ago #48958

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 783
chocolatedancer1106, ken10wil and InspiredThinker I pretty much agree with all of you. InspiredThinker, I'm pretty sure we share the same views on this, and I have a lot of respect for you, I think you present a pretty well balanced view of things. But, we're probably among the older guide fans, I still remember Berrygirl13 and DaughterofGod12.

A homosexual is someone attracted to the same gender- It does not mean that the person is having sex with them. Being attracted to the opposite gender isn't sinful, acting on it is.

My point? It's only when we act on the attraction- whether homosexual or heterosexual that we sin. We all have sinful thoughts, but its what we do with those thoughts that counts.

In regard to the Supreme Court's decision, I agree with InspiredThinker, I agree that same sex couples should get the same governmental rights as married couples. Whether the Supreme Court has the right to redefine marriage is debatable- Marriage is by definition a Judeo-Christian term. That's where I think that the ruling may have been wrong- what right does the government have to redefine a religious definition? Something to think about. InspiredThinker, you're absolutely right about tax exemption. I guess the other big issue is how much will this infringe on religious rights- will churches be made to marry homosexual couples, ect.

I must admit while there has been a lot of talk about other wedding services like baking a cake for a homosexual wedding- Once you start discriminating, when do you stop? Do you refuse to serve straight couples that have had sex before marriage? A clear contradiction of Christian beliefs. I think the supreme court was basically right in it's ruling as far as governmental rights goes. but the issues it raises are intricate and complicated, and finding the balance between religious freedom and individual rights is tricky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, bush possum

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 6 months ago #48992

• Tuftedtitmouse
  • oh, by the way, im a boy
  • Thank you received: 70
Haha ! Found it!
AH 340.4
Hehe
before you say im a mouse google tufted titmouse

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 6 months ago #49016

• animan
  • Stigmata
  • Thank you received: 4
My view is I'm completely ok with this decision. This never should've been an issue. Having your love life controlled by government should not be a thing. You can have your own view of same-sex marriage, but to say that this decision itself is terrible...

Look at it this way: what if the government controlled how many kids you could have, and of what sex? What if a curfew was nationally enforced?
This should've be a legal issue. These life choices should be decided by individuals, not the government.

I think it's more wrong to condemn someone for just having certain feelings, and even worse to force them into a life they hate. People kill themselves over this. Is that ok?

P.S., in case you were thinking this, no one is going to "turn gay" just because it's legalized. No one gets turned gay. They either are or they aren't. That's just how it is and shouldn't be questioned.
var me = {
"sex": male,
"age": 21,
"race": "black/african-american",
"height": 71.5, // inches (5' 11.5")
"occupation": "none",
"hobbies": ["coding", "web development", "gaming", "video games"],
"religiousViews": "agnostic",
"alias": "Piece Digital"
}
The following user(s) said Thank You: endershadow112

Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States 2 years 6 months ago #49071

• Quirky
I'm sorry @Inspiredthinker, but some of your comments kind of disturbed me. I shared the Women Pastors forum with a family friend of ours and how some of us are for woman ordination even though there are scriptures (kind of indirectly) speaking against it. He said that those who were for woman's ordination would be in agreement with gay marriage. At first I was skeptical because I was sure you guys wouldn't go that far but now as I listen to you say that you think it was right for the government to establish gay marriage it scares me because I don't understand why you think that a law that will cause a lot of people to transgress the law of God is okay. I just don't understand. Do you think you could explain?
  • Page:
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds